Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: They Reminisce Over You

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Spencer tries to talk to Layla about what is going on, things don’t work out quite as he hoped.  It’s Billy, Corey and Grace’s 25th high school reunion which brings up a lot of memories and unfinished business.  Laura becomes upset when she discovers Jordan has found a way around being grounded.  Meanwhile, Asher turns to Olivia for support when someone from his past wants to see him.

Airdate: 10.28.2019

This episode was really depressing.  I was tearing up at the end when Corey was taking a last look at the boys and saw them the way they were the last time he left.  I don't like that they are having Corey leave and probably killing him off.  Maybe they thought things were too good between him and Spencer, but there was still plenty of drama to be found with him on the show.  Corey probably thinks he is doing Spencer some favor by just disappearing because of what Billy said about how his mom's illness and impending death affected him in high school.

Spencer was right to call Layla's dad regardless of the consequences, but her dad is so clueless that I'm guessing she will just act fine (over the phone, because he won't just show up), make up some excuse, and things will just keep going the way they have been.

It may be interesting to see what secret Asher's dad holds over his mom.  Adding this to the storyline is probably just an attempt to get sympathy for her after she had the nerve to make Asher serve the divorce papers.  It would have been a lot just to have him talk to his dad about maybe accepting the papers without making him serve them himself!

• Love 2

Do we know what upset Corey so that he had to abandon his sons-again? Whatever message he got on his phone at the class reunion had him teary-eyed for the rest of the episode. I was surprised to see him leave just as he was rebuilding a relationship with his ex and sons.

• Love 2

Is it possible that he is sick again and doesn't want them to see him sick? That whole conversation with Billy about being sick had me curious as what was exactly wrong that he stopped playing football for it.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure he is sick.  Probably cancer?  I wonder if he planned to leave as soon as he received the bad news, or if he was influenced by Billy talking about how he went off the rails when his mom was dying.  If he is ill, it's a terrible situation either way, but it's not like just leaving the boys again isn't going to tear their world apart.  I know if he's really sick he probably isn't thinking clearly, but Corey doesn't seem to make very good decisions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Add me to the Corey is sick team.. Still a real garbage decision to just leave... Billy was right that he should take a beat before making that decision... Layla needs some help... Asher's mom us trash.. Asking her son who left a year ago to serve papers.. And she's got some skeevy secret.. Bleh... Damn Jordan two steps forward three steps back.... I still think Dillon is billy's son... Do hope they follow up

• Love 3
On 10/30/2019 at 5:18 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I'm pretty sure he is sick.  Probably cancer?  I wonder if he planned to leave as soon as he received the bad news, or if he was influenced by Billy talking about how he went off the rails when his mom was dying.  If he is ill, it's a terrible situation either way, but it's not like just leaving the boys again isn't going to tear their world apart.  I know if he's really sick he probably isn't thinking clearly, but Corey doesn't seem to make very good decisions.

I think it's extremely selfish of Corey to leave the way he did, even if he's sick. Spencer just allowed himself to get vulnerable and trust his dad enough to work on their relationship. And now this? Spencer might have trouble trusting people for the rest of his life. He will always feel abandoned by people who claim they love him. Except his mom. 

I mean, what was stopping him from saying goodbye? And what about the kid he brought up from Las Vegas. Who will be his guardian now? 

On 10/29/2019 at 1:45 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Spencer was right to call Layla's dad regardless of the consequences, but her dad is so clueless that I'm guessing she will just act fine (over the phone, because he won't just show up), make up some excuse, and things will just keep going the way they have been.

It may be interesting to see what secret Asher's dad holds over his mom.  Adding this to the storyline is probably just an attempt to get sympathy for her after she had the nerve to make Asher serve the divorce papers.  It would have been a lot just to have him talk to his dad about maybe accepting the papers without making him serve them himself!

That scene in the hotel room was powerful. I think Layla is bipolar. Whatever her diagnosis, she can't take care of herself. Spencer needed to call his dad. 

And on a superficial note, Olivia looked beautiful in that scene. She's always pretty, but she was barely wearing any makeup. She doesn't need to wear as much as she does. 

And what functioning adult gives their child divorce papers to serve to the other parent? I understand that the husband was refusing to sign them, but couldn't the mother use a process server or an attorney for that? Asher is already hurting by watching his parents go through a divorce. And for a while, neither one of them wanted him. Stop making him your mediator. 

I do wonder what her big secret is. 

On 10/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, TVForever said:

Whatever message he got on his phone at the class reunion had him teary-eyed for the rest of the episode. I was surprised to see him leave just as he was rebuilding a relationship with his ex and sons.

Why does Corey always look borderline homeless? He didn't even dress up or clean up his beard for the reunion. 

I don't know how Grace ended up with him instead of Billy. He did look better in high school, I guess LOL. Interesting that Grace's friend Micah looks a lot like Billy. I wonder if that was deliberate casting. 

I can't tell if we're eventually going to see a conciliation between Billy and his wife. I hope so. There are no other happy adult relationships on this show.  Wait, are Coop's parents still together? I never see her dad. 

• Love 1