Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Against All Odds/S03.E14: Tell All

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Oh, you know she has more Caesar's she is scamming!  I'm sure  TLC had to fork out quite a bit of money to get her to agree to be on camera & blow her US cover.  

Absolutely.  Had the same thought, she can't just lose her career for one little fish and the tv show he's on.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, DNR said:

this may have been posted already but it’s some funny stuff 

credit : Reddit - comedian does a Darcey / Stacey FaceTime call. He imitates their clipped way of speaking 😂😂 

OMG @DNR that was so hilarious!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I was thinking a gymnastics coach.  I can see one as emotionally abusive. 

Or sexually abusive.  Many coaches, along with the team doctor were involved in the USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ava111 said:

Another discrepancy was the length of their relationship. She said 2 years and only then Cesar said he first messaged her then he stopped and came back later again. So pretty much just like Darcey's and Tom's relationship was 4 years but she was still with Jesse in 2018! THEY ALL LIE!

I think Tom and Maria both have different definitions of "relationship" than Darcey and Ceasar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Lots of young hipster-ish guys around my way were them quite often. I think they look nice on the right person. My handsome son, for example

Careful!  You don't want to end up being Darcey's mother in law, do you?

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 15
50 minutes ago, Normades said:
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Ben get out now! I don’t know how you annull a shotgun African marriage, but I suspect you better find out.

I think you just change your phone number, take down your profile, and never go back to Kenya!!

That was my thought, too, the minute Ben escaped from the Family Akinyi's clutches. There's no way they can get to him in the States and there's not even a piece of paper that indicates any kind of legal marriage took place. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That was my thought, too, the minute Ben escaped from the Family Akinyi's clutches. There's no way they can get to him in the States and there's not even a piece of paper that indicates any kind of legal marriage took place. 

Because no legal marriage took place. They were snowing Ben big time. Poor guy had Stockholm syndrome.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

Quite honestly, many people in his life have apparently told Caesar that he is being scammed.  If he continued to send money to her then I really don't have a lot of sympathy for him.  Shame on him for letting himself being used.  He's apparently not feeble minded (okay, questionable), he is an adult making his own decisions, and he seemingly has friends in his life.  He's not even that old.  I think he knew exactly what he was getting into.  A man who truly has pure intentions towards a woman doesn't pack chocolate panties and a whip.  Just saying...

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, ava111 said:

Another discrepancy was the length of their relationship. She said 2 years and only then Cesar said he first messaged her then he stopped and came back later again. So pretty much just like Darcey's and Tom's relationship was 4 years but she was still with Jesse in 2018! THEY ALL LIE!

Yeah he always gets in trouble just for trying to have a normal life. Like being on a boat with male friends while there is a woman in the picture in the background with somebody else.  We always hear about him taking pictures with women but the only picture they ever show is the boat one. If there was more they would show them with heads removed. So I don't believe in any of the shit she accuses him of. It's always something completely stupid. I think Michael just says yes I lied to everything and anything just to keep her from blowing up on him. This way she might yell at him for a bit but then stops because she was proven right and she caught him and he says he will try to do better... She and Nicole must be related. Blonde blobs holding their fiancees prisoners while 3000 miles away, making them stop working so they are always available to be on the phone with them. Assaulting them (not just verbally) on regular basis. All for the low price of 200 USD a month you can get yourself a foreign punching bag. 

Only if the novel would have Darcey on the cover. And then she would read only sentences with her name in them. I doubt Darcey ever has time to read anyway. She needs all the time in the day doing make-up and primping herself, trying to find the most ill-fitting clothes plus Botox and fillers and hair extensions. And don't forget the regularly scheduled fights with her twin. All that while texting and calling to similarly self-absorbed, ill-fitting and narcissistic men. I doubt she has enough time to parent her daughters.

It must be exhausting to be her. Who has time for all that??

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Because no legal marriage took place.

But there was photographic evidence on a cake! Let's all sing in Swahili, "Cut the cake...cut the cake..." as we slice into a Ebony and Ivory inspired wedding cake. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

t actually wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing is a scam that Akinyi and Fidel have going and that those weren't even their parents.  

Nothing would surprise me about these two.  Benjamin is such a dolt he'd fall for anything and she's so superior to him intellectually (and in many other ways) their relationship is simply a setup for disaster.

I'm not sure WHY she would want to leave her Country for the US.  She's a highly educated woman who obviously has status there are could no doubt build a successful career and family life.

Not to in any way disparage Mesa, AZ (near where I live); however, with the level of income and lifestyle Benji maintains (with obligations to his son) Akinyi would probably tire of her living situation and Ben in record time.

• Love 8

Well, at least Benjamin got to have sanctioned sex. It will have to last him a long time because I don’t see this going anywhere unless he gets a job he can support himself on and pay the extortion money. Aren’t there any Christian hookers in the US he can hook up with for less?

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Normades said:

When Bikini said that Ben smelled bad, I couldn't help but think that she lives in a place with no a/c in a very warm climate where people do a lot of physical work.  I wonder just how fresh Bikini smells.  I felt that was a pretty mean thing to say after the man traveled 30 hours with no sleep just to see her.

I've been to Kenya.  Deodorant was not a thing.  Surely Ben smells better than what I smelled there.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Hearing about Jessie and his captive audience in a retirement home reminds of me The Office. The one where Michael ends up quitting Dunder Mifflin to start his own paper company and he and his new crew go to his grandma's retirement home to look for investors. Classic.

I thought immediately of Saul Goodman - Better Call Saul.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Caeser attempt to break it up

By the look on his face, this was never going to happen. The slo mo way he rose from the chair combined with his zombie face and body language there was no way he was going to risk ruining his one good nail. He was 100% detached from the girl drama. Appeared to me someone said, Caesar stand up, Caesar sit down.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I watched just about the whole thing  - I did see all the arguing with Jesse but I missed when he was actually on air. It seemed pretty lame to me- that he is coming and will have nothing to do with Darcy? Wut??

And I thought Zied looked much thinner (yes granted it was only a head and shoulder shot but still he looked a lot leaner). I am more than a bit confused about Rebecca. She is making this big statement about homophobia (re her need to confess her relationship with another female??) as a test because if Zied was not ok then she could not go through with her love of a lifetime relationship with Zied??

And, when Avery was getting upset (one of the zillion times ) Rebecca said "think of something beautiful, think of the Koran". Is Rebecca converting? It would seem prudent given her love of the culture and its men. Just sayin'.

And my final trivial comment is- am I the only one who noticed --when Terri came back in to console Avery-----------Terri's calves? I could not figure out how out of proportion they could be. I mean I am talking bizarro. Did anyone else  see that? Otherwise she really slimmed down and looked very pretty. But those legs???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

[Angela's] old stand by to excuse her unacceptable behavior..."I apologize for my actions but not for what I said."  

I don't understand what that even means.  How are the words different from the actions?  Like she apologizes for waving her hands around while saying shitty things that she doesn't apologize for?

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Moved the "even."
  • Love 6

I guess now we know why Jesse said Michael and Angela were his favorite couple when someone asked him on Twitter if he was watching this season.

I know I said before that I was hoping to see this season’s crop of beta males holding Angela back from a fight (thinking back to Paul and Tarik on last year’s Tell All), but after watching I am really disappointed that Angela didn’t go after Tim. I thought Avery was being honest, if not entirely polite, in her comments to Jesse, but Tim was being an immature asshole with his snide announcement about not wanting to shake Jesse’s hand. He is 38 years old!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, mytmo said:

Each patient is praying for sweet death to come.

Big Ange reminds me of my hillbilly neighbors.  When Lynard Skynard is playing all is well but when the banjo music comes on they all start fighting, The "lady" of the house is sooo loud and although I've never met her, I've heard (and the whole neighborhood) from this woman that her daughter is the biggest whore this side of the the Cuyahoga.

Thank you TLC for this shitshow of a season.  I will miss it.

As a proud redneck/hillbilly (though we prefer "white trash with money") I'd like to speak for all my people and say that we don't claim Grangela either. That kind of uncouth, loudmouthed bully belongs to a whole separate breed of people. She's not one of ours. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

As a proud redneck/hillbilly (though we prefer "white trash with money") I'd like to speak for all my people and say that we don't claim Grangela either. That kind of uncouth, loudmouthed bully belongs to a whole separate breed of people. She's not one of ours. 

I'm amazed she wasn't shanked in prison.   (I have no idea if she's even been arrested)

• LOL 2
22 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

He probably promised her TLC fame and the funds to come to the US if she'd agree to do the show as his girlfriend.

I don't think he's that smart.  

I also wonder why they didn't use the term SCAM over and over...and over!  It's that and only that.   Maria may not have received $40,000 from Cesar, but I'd bet he probably spent that much on everything.

1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

A man who truly has pure intentions towards a woman doesn't pack chocolate panties and a whip.  Just saying...

Maria may have educating him in role-playing...like a cat plays with a mouse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, judyjudyjudy said:

I've been to Kenya.  Deodorant was not a thing.  Surely Ben smells better than what I smelled there.

I assume we all smell "bad" to Kenyans no matter how clean and fresh we think we are.  Our diets are so different, we're going to have different "fragrances."  She's a spoiled brat and life will be difficult for Benjamin and IMPOSSIBLE for his poor little boy.  Ben will probably lose custody/visitation if this relationship continues.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I assume we all smell "bad" to Kenyans no matter how clean and fresh we think we are.  Our diets are so different, we're going to have different "fragrances."  She's a spoiled brat and life will be difficult for Benjamin and IMPOSSIBLE for his poor little boy.  Ben will probably lose custody/visitation if this relationship continues.

Fish brains oozing out of their pores.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, hookedontv said:

We need Emma on each and every Pillow Talk.

And more importantly, Emma needs to replace Shaun as host of the the Tell Alls. 

Immediately. 

#teamemma

I love Emma. She’s intelligent, funny, direct and confident. Dare I say she’s sexy as well. See Darcey, you can be overweight and plain and be sexy. All the time and money Darcey spends making herself look worse could probably pay all  my bills. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Emma is awful, I agree. So two-faced. Pretending to care about Darcey at the salsa club and speaking supportively of her brother throughout. And dragging Darcey AND her brother on the tell all. Bellowing repeatedly on the tell all that they don't even know each other's favorite colors. All the obnoxious laughter and sanctimony. The peurile floral print clothing! 

Agree.  I was saying to the her on the screen, "shut up. get off my screen. " and a few more choice things.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

That and "my Ukranian girlfriend" from Cesar.

I think they all pretty much glamorize their international loves.  It's so easy with long distance relationships to think of their fiance as the most perfect, most exotic, romantic partner.  Spend every day with them and all the sudden Zeid goes exotic Arabian man to chubby, schlubby unemployed jealous loser.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I thought Avery was being honest, if not entirely polite, in her comments to Jesse, but Tim was being an immature asshole with his snide announcement about not wanting to shake Jesse’s hand. He is 38 years old!

I agree about the Tim part.  That was ridiculous.

But as for Avery...did Jesse ask for her opinion of him?  If not, then why give it to him, especially when she doesn't even know him

If Avery was so turned off by Jesse, she could have refused to shake his hand, saying as a Muslim woman she doesn't shake hands, and left it at that.  Yes, I know that some Muslim women shake hands with men who aren't their husbands, but Jesse wouldn't know that.

But no.  She wanted to give her lightly informed assessment of Jesse to his face.  For what?  So he'll say, "Oh my god, person I've never met before.  I now see the error of my ways and will completely change my personality and behavior based on your comments.  I can't thank you enough." 

He's not going to say that, and maybe Avery wanted to get this off her chest, but if everybody went around getting everything off their chest, society would be much even more uncivilized than it already is.  Props, I suppose, for saying it to his face instead of dissing him on social media, but that's admirable only if you think she should be offering up her uninformed opinion to a stranger in the first place, which I do not.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I agree about the Tim part.  That was ridiculous.

But as for Avery...did Jesse ask for her opinion of him?  If not, then why give it to him, especially when she doesn't even know him

If Avery was so turned off by Jesse, she could have refused to shake his hand, saying as a Muslim woman she doesn't shake hands, and left it at that.  Yes, I know that some Muslim women shake hands with men who aren't their husbands, but Jesse wouldn't know that.

But no.  She wanted to give her lightly informed assessment of Jesse to his face.  For what?  So he'll say, "Oh my god, person I've never met before.  I now see the error of my ways and will completely change my personality and behavior based on your comments.  I can't thank you enough." 

He's not going to say that, and maybe Avery wanted to get this off her chest, but if everybody went around getting everything off their chest, society would be much even more uncivilized than it already is.  Props, I suppose, for saying it to his face instead of dissing him on social media, but that's admirable only if you think she should be offering up her uninformed opinion to a stranger in the first place, which I do not.

Someone as ignorant as Avery would benefit from a college education rather than playing house with a dreamy foreigner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

I think Darcy the Desperate loves saying, “My British man Tom...” more than she actually loves Tom. 

I thought Darcy looked extremely dispirited and tired throughout the show.  I noted that her hair was borderline disheveled (dark roots right beneath the brassy blond), her gown didn't fit and she could barely walk in those Louboutins.  

Her lackluster demeanor might have been caused by her instinctive knowledge that her gig is up on TLC and she's going to have to get back to "real life" and attend to her responsibilities.

I also thought the body language between her and Tom on the couch was quite revealing.  Not an ounce of affection and/or emotional connection could be detected by me...just 2 ships passing in the night to their ultimate separate destinations.

I hope Tom enjoyed his 15 mins of "fame" on TLC and his foray into reality TV was enough to convince him to confine his dating life to more manageable situations (maybe local) where massive time differences and personal insecurities from a potential "mate" wouldn't create such a massive (and annoying) disruption in his life.

• Love 9

Paraphrasing here, but when Shawn asked Bikini her thoughts on Ben's commitment to abstain from sex until marriage, I found her response quite surprising. Delivered in an impressively disdainful tone of voice, she more or less said Benjamin's conviction about abstinence is absurd, as it's not like he hasn't fucked before.  And to me, while she definitely alluded often to the fact she doesn't share Benjamin's Christian values during his visit to Kenya, her answer to that particular question made it clear as day she's only going along with his standards reluctantly (and only until she lands on U.S. soil, I'm betting). Given that his faith is the most important thing in his life (besides his son, of course, about whom Bikini also doesn't give two shits).... and yeah, this relationship doesn't have a chance in hell of working out. 

All of which leaves me completely perplexed, as I have to think Ben believes Bikini is on the same page with him as far as his faith goes, especially given that she will likely be a pastor's wife at some point in the future....   But how in the hell can he not see that while this girl might have been raised in a Christian home/church, she thinks it's all ridiculous, by and large, and mocks Benjamin for believing it?  Add that to the fact that during the Tell All, she didn't even try to hide that she talks to him like he's a useless piece of shit, and I can't figure out for the life of me what exactly it is he thinks is so fucking wonderful he can't even put a value on it about his immature, whiny, sulky-ass lying "bride" bought on credit. And we won't even mention the fact that this is the person to whom he's going to entrust his young son.  Bet her horrible family was elated to finally find some sucker to take her off their hands, though, and bonus they managed to intimidate him to the point he's convinced he has to send money back to them in Kenya indefinitely.

P.S. I don't think the "bride price" in and of itself is a scam.  However, a bride price is in no way mutually exclusive with treating a guest - not to mention a potential son-in-law - with perfunctory manners, at minimum, and with a warm, gracious welcome, at best.  Meaning, IMHO, Akinyi and Family Akinyi SUCK MAJOR ASS.  And for both Benjamin and Grayson's sake, I hope like hell Akinyi spends the rest of her life being a hateful bitch in the slums with her equally nasty family.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Terri's calves? I could not figure out how out of proportion they could be. I mean I am talking bizarro. Did anyone else  see that? Otherwise she really slimmed down and looked very pretty. But those legs???

I noticed them before she lost the weight. I just figured she was a muscular former cheerleader/gymnast. 

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Like she apologizes for waving her hands around while saying shitty things that she doesn't apologize for?

Remember when she said something like, "I'm really not as bad as I come off"? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sarkygal said:

Credits can be purchased in packages that range from 10 credits for $2.99 to 1000 credits for $399. 

He supposedly sent her $ 400 worth of roses so that blew a 1000 credits right there. I seriously doubt if there were any real flowers involved, though, she probably just got a good chunk of change from them after Anastasia took their cut. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I noticed them before she lost the weight. I just figured she was a muscular former cheerleader/gymnast. 

I read somewhere that she was training for a marathon that she may have already run in.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The funniest thing I've ever seen on this show was big old dummy Caesar, when Rebecca and Angie were going toe to toe; trying to look concerned, eyes darting like a rat in a trap, looking for security, tentatively standing up as though to separate the two, then sitting back down with the same stupid dumb expression on his face the whole time. I DIED. 

Followed up by him talking to a black screen. The embodiment of derp. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Gobi said:
6 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

yeah that's what  saw.  Sat back down just as the security guy came on screen.  But it was still funny the way he stood...it was like he new he should do something, but he didn't really want to do anything...and maybe if he moves slow enough somebody else will do something first!  😂

If only he had thought to bring his whip with him to the Tell All.

VERY funny!  And all of them need it!

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2019 at 11:32 PM, Barbara Please said:
  Reveal spoiler

She's probably found out what a major loser he is, and that he has no money, was evicted from his home, and had his car repo'd. 

That said, I don't mind that she has drained Ceasar's $ well. He's the absolute worst. He's a zero in looks & personality, but he acts like he's a solid 10 or 11. When he was in the suit with the dollar tree sunglasses, and his big ole jug ears popping he looked like an absolute tool. Maria isn't wanting a life in a dingy rental eating eggs on a paper plate. 

I also thought of Cesar's eggs on the paper plate (cooked on the older coil top electric stove) and no way is that Maria's scene.

Maria!  She's goooooood.  Damn.   Cesar still doesn't get it- he must be acting- nobody can be that thick.  She'd meet her match in Jesse perhaps, but he's too smart to fall for her scams.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I guess now we know why Jesse said Michael and Angela were his favorite couple when someone asked him on Twitter if he was watching this season.

I know I said before that I was hoping to see this season’s crop of beta males holding Angela back from a fight (thinking back to Paul and Tarik on last year’s Tell All), but after watching I am really disappointed that Angela didn’t go after Tim. I thought Avery was being honest, if not entirely polite, in her comments to Jesse, but Tim was being an immature asshole with his snide announcement about not wanting to shake Jesse’s hand. He is 38 years old!

Tim was being an asshole but he only refused the shake because Avery did. If Avery had shaken his hand, Tim would have too. He took his cue from her: oh you didn't shake hands, I won't either. Before he even came into the room Avery was saying "I want to talk to Jesse, where is he? I don't like him, I want to say something to him, maybe I'll go find him". Then he comes in and she first refuses to shake his hand, followed by Tim, but the Avery lays into him and says "I don't like to judge you but you are a manipulator".  Angie was right, it was not her business. But of course the way Angie went about it was completely nuts. If anyone had said politely- Avery the producers asked him on the show, he needs to sit in this room, leave him alone, you don't have to interact with him" that would have been okay. Of course Angie doesn't stop, she goes on and on and SHE escalates it -no one else does, she gets herself into a huge bullying frenzy. But Avery not shaking his hand and telling him that he was a huge manipulator was very rude and not her place. It's not like Jesse brought up Darcy and then she chimed in, she just started right up at the guy.  We are all sometimes stuck in rooms with people we don't approve of. You don't sit there and badger them like she was.  Then Angie uses this as an excuse to fly into a maniacal rage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I watched just about the whole thing  - I did see all the arguing with Jesse but I missed when he was actually on air. It seemed pretty lame to me- that he is coming and will have nothing to do with Darcy? Wut??

And I thought Zied looked much thinner (yes granted it was only a head and shoulder shot but still he looked a lot leaner). I am more than a bit confused about Rebecca. She is making this big statement about homophobia (re her need to confess her relationship with another female??) as a test because if Zied was not ok then she could not go through with her love of a lifetime relationship with Zied??

And, when Avery was getting upset (one of the zillion times ) Rebecca said "think of something beautiful, think of the Koran". Is Rebecca converting? It would seem prudent given her love of the culture and its men. Just sayin'.

And my final trivial comment is- am I the only one who noticed --when Terri came back in to console Avery-----------Terri's calves? I could not figure out how out of proportion they could be. I mean I am talking bizarro. Did anyone else  see that? Otherwise she really slimmed down and looked very pretty. But those legs???

I read that Terri

Spoiler

Has been training for a marathon. My coworker is a marathon runner and is very slender but her legs and calves are huge.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think Tom and Maria both have different definitions of "relationship" than Darcey and Ceasar. 

It reminds me a little bit of my hubby and I and how we could spin it:  We met in preschool, went to elementary (and we were classmates and friends) and high school together and ran into each other a lot afterwards.  We lost touch, I went off and got married, became unmarried and a year and half later we connected via Facebook.  We tell people, truthfully, that we have known each other almost seven years as adults.  We first met when we were three.  We have NOT known each other 51 years straightaway.  But Darcy and company would want to rewrite our story as "star crossed lovers, in love all these years and FINALLY together!"  Hork.  No, that is rude to my ex and I (never cheated on him, just......no) and rude to My hubby's ladies he was with, to suggest I was in the back of his mind......cause I was NOT!  There was good 20 year or so gap where I was kinda busy being married and bringing up my sons to hark back to my grade school days, lol.

I wanted someone to call out Darcy as there was MAJOR overlapping with communicating with Tom and Darcy at the same time.  It sounds like when there was a problem with Jesse she rang up Tom and counted that towards "dating."   When Tom was not giving her a good lay, a ring and a proposal within an hour of landing, "Hello Jesse?  Can we talk?"

Per Avery not shaking Jesse's hand:  I thought that was a Muslim thing.  Muslim folks, in general, do not shake hands with the opposite sex.  The Tim Tim chimed in and refused and came off as rude.  Timmy, go bedazzle your guns.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7