Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Against All Odds/S03.E14: Tell All

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

How did he "scam" her? She didn't give him any money and he's clearly not looking for a green card.

Right! He's vile! And hope this is all real and not a manufactured storyline.

I wonder what transpired btwn the time he left Kenya and the tell all. I hope they go into more detail. Did fail to make his monthly payments to her father or something? (Someone mentioned upthread about an eviction?)

That was so funny to me bc it reminded me of when he said "trumma."

"She threw her Louboutin at my head and gave me a trumma!"😂

Ppl can say what they want about Darcey, but she's a nice person. i've never observed her doing anything intentionally mean or petty. Prbly the ONLY person in this franchise who hasn't.

WRT  Tom not scamming Darcey, you need to read the couples thread for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Darcy appears to be one big old ball of nerves.  So very anxious and miserable.  I suppose it's partly due to the fact  that she can't breathe in her tight clothes or is in pain from the tension on her scalp and eyelids.  Or, maybe, the pain in her back and feet from the super high heels causes her so much distraction.  You must be pretty desperate to put yourself through that kind of agony.  And, all for what? No one is impressed by that look....I suppose the gambit runs from amusement to pity.  Darcy......please take some advice from someone who cares about you (I suppose she has some family who do care) or a real professional who sees the kind of pain you are in.  Too bad she can't get tips from her twin. They seem equally misguided on fashion. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, ohcomeon said:

I could have sworn one of her "friends" sounded like an American trying to talk with a Ukranian accent and sometime the fake accent slipping. 

I thought the same thing - the girl with the purple lipstick - - Sounded so American - barely a hint of an accent. 
fake, fake , fake - why do we keep watching ??? 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

And why is Jesse there - you'd think he would not want to be a part of this -

Because he has absolutely nothing else to do.  He doesn't even have the cred to be a has-been, but he glances around as he is walking into the building looking to be recognized. Wow, that pigeon is so excited to see me me me !

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Avery had an idea that Dr. Omar may have a bit of an issue getting to the states, she may have been playing it up for TV, like when she was facetiming Omar and she put her head down in a woe is me moment. 

Agree.  During that scene, I kept thinking that anyone who says, "This is SO UNFAIR!", without irony or sarcasm, probably doesn't know enough about life to be married.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, KeeperOfTheIce said:

I thought the same thing - the girl with the purple lipstick - - Sounded so American - barely a hint of an accent. 
fake, fake , fake - why do we keep watching ??? 🤣

Maybe, maybe not. Some people do take accent reduction courses.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

If Maria is real, ceasar should thank his lucky stars she never came to the US.  

She would have been all over his better looking, more intelligent, physically fit, and apparently financially well off friend Jeremy (I think Jeremy drives an infinity...but he has a car so that puts him in an entirely different financial situation).  

It would have been hilarious for me....the viewer at home, but it would have probably sucked for ceasar.  

Sooo much this!! Why didn't TLC think to do this??!?!?!

2 hours ago, nytonc said:

It looks like everyone flies coach. You’d think TLC could fork over a few bucks for business class. 

TLC is tighter with money than a hooker with a dollar.  They keep expenses down.

1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

How did he "scam" her? She didn't give him any money and he's clearly not looking for a green card.

Check out the couples thread.

1 hour ago, ohcomeon said:

I could have sworn one of her "friends" sounded like an American trying to talk with a Ukranian accent and sometime the fake accent slipping. 

The chick with the purple lipstick.  I heard it several times.  Was there a Maria? Probably yes. Is it this one on the tv ??? I would sure from TLC's central casting. 

• Love 4
Just now, Frozendiva said:

And some people are just really good mimics.

I'm going to rewatch, but on first look, the whole thing did seem very staged (beyond the usual production feel). 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Agree.  During that scene, I kept thinking that anyone who says, "This is SO UNFAIR!", without irony or sarcasm, probably doesn't know enough about life to be married.

Didn’t Rachel copyright that slogan?  It was her “Where’s the beef?”

7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Was that the one with the Joan Cusack Working Girl hair?

3 minutes ago, Jel said:

I'm going to rewatch, but on first look, the whole thing did seem very staged (beyond the usual production feel). 

Who would have thought mojitos are a thing in Ukraine.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Poor Darcy. Her sister is so jealous of her because Darcy is the one that landed 3 season's (so far)  on the show and she didn't. All she gets are a few guest spots. So she will punish her twin with her awful nasty comments to Darcy just to make herself feel better. Her jealousy is seething out of her pores. Of course Darcy is too stupid to see this and just ignore the bitch. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 18

Oh, and I give Emma a pass on "what's his favorite color?" I thought it was a great question that showed Darcy, in very simple terms, that she doesn't know even basic, cocktail party small talk opinions that Tom holds. Of course, I know my husband's favorite color. And my son's. And my boss's. And my office mate's....... And certainly everyone who has ever entered my house knows mine!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Honey said:

I so much laughed when Darcey said her favorite color is "white or clear"  Yup, she said clear folks.  Up until now when someone asked my favorite color, I said Plaid.  Not anymore, I am stealing Darcey's favorite color of Clear.  It completely makes sense though, if she could wear clear colored clothing, she would.

I guessed she was going to say "shiny" but laughed heartily at clear as well.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

i expected Big Ang to pull Jimmy Hoffa out of her Grand Canyon of cleavage. Think of all the totables she can cram in there.

Big Ang can tote a carton of a dozen eggs in there.

Oh wait.

She only has one, fossilized, stinking, hard-boiled dead egg to tote.

More room for a carton of ciggies.

Yay!

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Avery miss "I didn't care about my Mom's feelings at all, IT WAS MY DAYYY and she only gave me life who does she think she is?" sounds like every other self-centered 19 year old on the planet. Except she's married and wants to move anywhere in the world to be with Omar.

• Love 13

I have no doubt that's the "real" Maria.  I mean obviously the scenes of her with her "friends" out shopping are manufactured but that's really the person Caesar has been sending money to.  She's a glorified hooker really.  She's on Anastasia.com finding losers to send her money.  The only reason she's on the show is for money and a bit of fame...and also, I suspect she takes a certain amount of perverse pleasure in finally being able to face Caesar and basically show him what a chump he is.  She has spent YEARS working on stringing him along and trying to pretend to like (love) him.  She probably has nothing but hatred and disdain for him at this point.

I like Tom.  I can't help it, lol.  I mean he's being pretty damned cruel to Darcey (who I also kinda like in a strange way even though I think she's a real mess,) but he's also been pretty up front and honest with her in most cases.  The airport goodbye scene was strange as he seemed to be actually feeling something...but it's possible once he'd been away from her for a couple days and the needy texts started rolling in those feelings quickly vanished.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 18
46 minutes ago, Jel said:

A lot depends on the teacher, too. Most Europeans learn English directly or indirectly from someone from England. Maria’s friend probably learned it from an American.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It's not like Akinyi has ever really been nice to Ben though, lol.  That entire story has been bizarre from the get go.  There is nothing there - no real feelings at all.  No reason for these 2 people to be attracted to each other at all in any real sense.  She's weird.  He's weird.  I don't doubt he smells bad lol.  

• Love 12

No one mentioned my favorite moment (but I haven't been reading the live thread).

When Benjamin and Akinyi separated at the airport, the Enya-lite airy vocal and synth music lyric subversively commenting on the fact that Benjamin calls her something else because he can't pronounce her real name?

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 1.22.41 PM.png

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Ppl can say what they want about Darcey, but she's a nice person. i've never observed her doing anything intentionally mean or petty. Prbly the ONLY person in this franchise who hasn't.

Well....unless she’s giving a lesson on carving a steak.    She takes that seriously and can get pretty nasty if it isn’t done correctly.   😁

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Speaking of Tim. Both him and Jesse were wearing waistcoats/vests, I am really starting to associate that choice in wardrobe to douchebags.

And the buttons were straining on Jesse's vest. I can't wait to see the Douchebag Battle they've promised us tonight 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I noticed that she was the only one to greet the others with a hug. 

and to Angela an insincere compliment much like when she met and hugged Emma and said, "You're so beautiful!" 

• Love 5
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Tim...we can go shopping and he will buy me things and I won't have to have sex with him.

That's true. It'd be like being married to your fun friend, who likes to shop and do beauty treatments at home.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

If y’all could have heard the collective gasp in my household when Maria appeared on screen...it was like time stopped. I knew she was real because I figured TLC had to get clearance to show her image and the text messages, but I was stunned when she actually appeared for an on-camera interview. Maria is probably to talking to dozens of men. Not a bad hustle.

I don’t feel bad for Caesar. If he wants to waste years of his life and all of his money on Maria, I don’t care. He has to know she only cares about his money. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, Jel said:

Maybe the cruelest question I'm ever going to ask in my life --

If you had to HAD TO marry one of them, which one would it be?

Gah...I can't answer

If I had to HAD TO ...... Tom. He could take me salsa dancing and to Gran Canaria where I can hopefully finesse and meet someone hotter and richer, divorce his ass and then secure the bag! 

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

If y’all could have heard the collective gasp in my household when Maria appeared on screen...it was like time stopped. I knew she was real because I figured TLC had to get clearance to show her image and the text messages, but I was stunned when she actually appeared for an on-camera interview. Maria is probably to talking to dozens of men. Not a bad hustle.

I don’t feel bad for Caesar. If he wants to waste years of his life and all of his money on Maria, I don’t care. He has to know she only cares about his money. 

I was on my feet screaming, hubby ran out thinking something was wrong 😂 

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So Maria claimed that she has traveled all over the world, and just got back from Dubai. Caesars 800$ Per month sure doesn’t support that. I was confused during the scene with her friends; I missed the part that said she was in Kiev and somehow thought she was in LA.  

The signs on the building (some they went into) and the cash register symbols were in russian/whatever.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Jesse must be thrilled that he has no class Ange defending him.

Yes!  That was quite a scene/snippet.  

I think in part Grangela is doing it, and a big greeting to Darcy earlier, because they are "friends" from the other season.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

WRT  Tom not scamming Darcey, you need to read the couples thread for them. 

Just read their couples thread.  JMPO, but they are both using each other to be on the show.  Both are fame whores.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Actually, while I said up thread that I didn't doubt Ben smelled bad, I could also see him being one of those people who always smells strongly of soap.  Like sickeningly so...

YES. Like he rubs a bar of Ivory soap in his pits because Axe Body Spray is sinful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Big Ang can tote a carton of a dozen eggs in there.

Oh wait.

She only has one, fossilized, stinking, hard-boiled dead egg to tote.

More room for a carton of ciggies.

Yay!

Dear sweet little tap dancing baby Jesus, the warm and encouraging smiles on Darcy and Caesar's faces, fading to consternation, then unvarnished horror (but with frozen smiles still in place) as Angie hauled the contents of her local Dollar General out of her capacious bra is an image that I will not soon forget.

46 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Speaking of Tim. Both him and Jesse were wearing waistcoats/vests, I am really starting to associate that choice in wardrobe to douchebags. Am I wrong?

Vests are very much the fashion among young men these days. Its a hipster/steampunk thing. Not douchebaggery. So, a douchebag can wear a vest, but not all vest wearers are douchebags.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Darcey can't just text Tom and say, "I had a great time with you!" or some such, instead of dribbling pablum about how he's her king and her rock, etc.? It is SO obvious Tom doesn't like that over-the-top gushing, but she doesn't seem to notice and/or care.

• Love 23
14 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Mariaaaaaaaaaa! She's a well-seasoned Ukrainian gold digga. She's been doing for 8 years now. What surprised me is that in all this time she could not find one guy with big dollars? Maybe she sticks with several small fish and bleeds them dry over time.

I wonder if the small fish are less likely to catch on that they are being scammed, and less likely to do something about it once/if they realize they are?

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Jel said:

Maybe the cruelest question I'm ever going to ask in my life --

If you had to HAD TO marry one of them, which one would it be?

Gah...I can't answer

Jennnifffer, for obvious reasons. Plus, no worries about being compared to Tim.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6