Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Against All Odds/S03.E14: Tell All

• Start Topic

On 11/1/2019 at 5:34 PM, John M said:

So, my husband and me both wear $15 wedding rings we bought on Amazon and we could have easily afforded much, much, much more expensive wedding rings.

I am with you there. My wedding set was under $600 (cdn) and even then I fussed about the cost. My priorities are just different. I think the rings should be anything the couple wants them to be. However, I remember watching an earlier season where the gal insisted the ring be checked out because she felt it looked 'fake'. At the time I thought, that's not cool - he would say if it wasn't real. But since then, no one has come out to say they are purchasing the CZ because the couple feels their money can be best spent elsewhere.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2019 at 2:45 PM, John M said:

Honestly I think the only issue here is Caesar can't afford what he wants to buy. It's very clear to me that Caesar understands their relationship is transactional, he is just mistakenly under the impression that she is somehow going to lower her price to a level that he can afford to have the fantasy that he wants.

Great observation. I see that Maria has made it clear to Caesar that any communication is dependent upon payment. As well, all of his 'friends' have pointed out the same thing, so clearly Caesar knows what he's involved with and doesn't want to stop. Who knows, maybe he's aware that he is not capable of sustaining an actual relationship, marriage, and this is just as good. Maria's good looks make him feel he has street cred, while maintaining a needed distance?

• Love 6
15 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I'm just now catching up on the Darcey/Jesse season and coming to the realization that she's just emotionally unstable in general. I'm absolutely gobsmacked by her inability to learn from her past mistakes, especially where alcohol consumption is concerned. Now that I've seen her get weepy and crazy-needy/insecure in Amsterdam with Jesse, I cannot FATHOM what possessed her to get so wasted in front of Tom and give a repeat performance of Drunk Darcey and the Bottomless Pit of Need. If Tom watched the season with Darcey and Jesse, he would have BOLTED in the other direction from her because she is repeating the same pattern with him as she did with Jesse. Overly emotionally invest, entertain unrealistic expectations until losing sight of the fact that they're unrealistic, make repeated hyperbolic proclamations about "the love of her life," drinking to the point of sloppiness and weeping... 

Darce, bubbalah... the relationship you need most is one with a good psychiatrist. 

What a great Harry Potter-esque title. Drunk Darcey and the Duplicitous Double. Drunk Darcey and the Conniving Cad. Drunk Darcey and the End of the World (Darcey turns 50).

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

Great observation. I see that Maria has made it clear to Caesar that any communication is dependent upon payment. As well, all of his 'friends' have pointed out the same thing, so clearly Caesar knows what he's involved with and doesn't want to stop. Who knows, maybe he's aware that he is not capable of sustaining an actual relationship, marriage, and this is just as good. Maria's good looks make him feel he has street cred, while maintaining a needed distance?

I was wondering if maybe he hoped that by shaming her and begging for her on international television that she'd cut him some slack and give him a holiday discount. 

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I was wondering if maybe he hoped that by shaming her and begging for her on international television that she'd cut him some slack and give him a holiday discount. 

I think this is always part of ceasars strategy.  Attempt to buy her with money, when that doesn't work, guilt her about the money. 

Either way, it's very clear that she does not want to meet him in person, does not want to be involved with him, and he keeps pushing.  Thats no good. 

To me, maybe the closest analgous relationship would be the one between a stripper and a guy visiting a strip club.  If a guy put a couple of bucks in a strippers g-string or paid for a lap dance and then demanded that she hang out with him and go on a vacation with him because he had spent so much money on her it would be weird as hell.  

I mean he has gone so far as to not even try to get her to agree to the terms of a meeting.  He is ready to just show up in the Ukraine to meet her and has written up an entire narrative whereby this is romantic and not creepy and stalker-ish.  

If he had her address, he would absolutely just show up unannounced. 

And if this was the hypothetical stripper scenario that would also be weird as hell.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

YAY!! You totally got what I was going for!

Drunk Darcey and the Wedding Chamber of Doom

Drunk Darcey and the Goblet of Wine

Drunk Darcey and the Half-Botox Face

• LOL 13
Just now, Gobi said:

Drunk Darcey and the Wedding Chamber of Doom

Drunk Darcey and the Goblet of Wine

Drunk Darcey and the Half-Botox Face

Drunk Darcey and the Louboutins of Desperation

Drunk Darcey and the Forehead Monster

Drunk Darcey and the Curse of Being The Less Pretty Twin (so mean!)

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think this is always part of ceasars strategy.  Attempt to buy her with money, when that doesn't work, guilt her about the money. 

Either way, it's very clear that she does not want to meet him in person, does not want to be involved with him, and he keeps pushing.  Thats no good. 

To me, maybe the closest analgous relationship would be the one between a stripper and a guy visiting a strip club.  If a guy put a couple of bucks in a strippers g-string or paid for a lap dance and then demanded that she hang out with him and go on a vacation with him because he had spent so much money on her it would be weird as hell.  

I mean he has gone so far as to not even try to get her to agree to the terms of a meeting.  He is ready to just show up in the Ukraine to meet her and has written up an entire narrative whereby this is romantic and not creepy and stalker-ish.  

And if this was the hypothetical stripper scenario that would also be weird as hell.

The fact that Maria keeps telling him that it's over and he keeps refusing to leave her is a little frightening. Trying to work out differences to make your relationship work is one thing; boldly stating that you're not going to leave her alone because you're "in love" is one step closer to lowering a basket with lotion down into a pit. It's not romantic. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The fact that Maria keeps telling him that it's over and he keeps refusing to leave her is a little frightening. Trying to work out differences to make your relationship work is one thing; boldly stating that you're not going to leave her alone because you're "in love" is one step closer to lowering a basket with lotion down into a pit. It's not romantic. 

This x1000

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't see exotic dancers saying, "I love you, my husband," as Maria did.  She was definitely leading him on in his fantasy world as long as the money was coming in.  She told him lies about needing money for bills and not using the money he sent for plane tickets because it was her mother's birthday.  Also, going to Mexico was supposedly HER idea- he had plans to go to Ukraine.  Although he is a dolt, I can't applaud a dishonest user like Maria.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't see exotic dancers saying, "I love you, my husband," as Maria did.  She was definitely leading him on in his fantasy world as long as the money was coming in.  She told him lies about needing money for bills and not using the money he sent for plane tickets because it was her mother's birthday.  Also, going to Mexico was supposedly HER idea- he had plans to go to Ukraine.  Although he is a dolt, I can't applaud a dishonest user like Maria.  

Cesar wants the same thing a john or a guy at a strip club wants.  But he wants to dress it up as "love" and the "girlfriend experience" so it doesn't look like what it is.  

Without any supporting actions or behavior "love" is just another word, IMO.  

If someone just says they "love" someone, but treats them like a human sex doll, and not a precious human being with thoughts, opinions and feelings then that isn't love IMO.  Guys like Colt and Ceasar throw the word around as if it makes them superior, or somehow less of a user.  But the word....by itself....means nothing to me. 

Cesar's "love" is no more than a throwaway word used to manipulate Maria and others into feeling guilt, shame or pity.

maria saying she "loves" ceasar doesn't change the equation to me, because they were throwaway words to make him feel good and spend money.  Just like I don't believe a stripper really thinks that the guy she is trying to get into the champagne room is "the sexiest guy she has ever seen" or that she is "so hot for him"

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, RealReality said:

I agree, he's coming off as a stalker who refuses to admit the truth.

I think when he's at home, all he does is fantasize about their " relationship ", all this Maria will say such-and-such, she'll feel this or that, I find it creepy and delusional.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Oh, I don't think Caeser has any kind of strategy. 

LOL, I'd agree that the word "strategy" may suggest more intelligence than Cesar is capable of. 

But other than strategy I can't think of a more appropriate word... pathology?  

But I think ceasar wanted to have a lifelong human sex toy.  So, with his meager situation he undertook to try to buy one at a cut rate price. 

This can generally be achieved by targeting poor women in financially strapped countries.  

Sending money was a way to keep Maria dependent.  It truly may not have ever entered his tiny bird brain that she could have a hundred other guys doing the same thing. 

Its the same....thing....strategy....I think Ashley employed by delaying Jay's green card. 

So, now that ceasar is paying her, he can guilt her because look at the sacrifice he has willingly made for her!  She owes him her "love" because he bought and paid for it!  Clipped coupons for it!  

Of course, with a guy who brought candy panties and a whip for a first in person meeting I think "Maria's love" really meant that he felt he was owed sex.  Immediately.  Probably before that saddest dinner ever.  

And if he cannot guilt and shame her into a relationship whereby Cesar buys a 40k sex doll....then he can try to publicly play victim and claim that he was "in love" or whatever. 

I can see how it sounds like more thought than Ceasar is capable of, but I almost think it's subconscious for him 

• Love 9

My daughter watches 90 Days on Demand after the fact and she was finally able to view the Tell All this week. I asked her yesterday what she thought of it:

DD: I must have dozed off because I missed the Darcey/Jesse confrontation

Me: No, you didn't miss it, they weren't on together at all

DD: So, WHY WAS HE THERE?

Me: That's everybody's question...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2019 at 6:59 PM, RealReality said:

Re: Jesse asking for coffee

While Jesse is a sanctimonious douche, I think it's likely that production told him he couldn't leave the room because they didn't want him inadvertently running into Darcy/Stacy....which would have ruined TLCs chance to capture that sweet drama on camera.  

They probably also didn't want him talking to the other participants unless camera was rolling.  

I'm a bit late in commenting as I'm an American living in Amsterdam and we are only up to tell all part 1 here, but I couldn't resist and watched Part 2 online...

re: Jessie asking for coffee...

Okay.. I never saw the season with Jesse, but this made me burst out laughing thinking to myself that is so Dutch!!!  The Dutch are addicted to coffee.  I have worked in a Dutch office environment for over 10 years, and I swear, when I show up for a meeting and everyone arrives, most of the time someone says (usually a Dutchie), want to get some coffee before we start??  lol..  

And for those that are curious... Jess is a non-entity in the Netherlands.  I had never heard of him before and I watch Dutch talk shows etc nightly (not by choice, but cause my hubby is Dutch and likes watching them), and NEVER heard of the guy.

All I can say is that I've enjoyed this season and got sucked in real fast .. and even though I hadn't been following the boards until recently, I find it funny that my and my husbands comments about all of the couples, matches.. even the Bikini, but my husband was calling her zucchini...

Edited by Amsterdamker
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Amsterdamker said:

And for those that are curious... Jess is a non-entity in the Netherlands.  I had never heard of him before and I watch Dutch talk shows etc nightly (not by choice, but cause my hubby is Dutch and likes watching them), and NEVER heard of the guy.

I don't know why, but this makes me so happy. Wish we could say the same about the U.S.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/28/2019 at 12:10 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Darcey gotta give up on men for a while.  Find yourself.  Like yourself.  Be secure in who you are.  Maybe find an ACTUAL favorite color.

Are you suggesting she needs to Work on herself?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/28/2019 at 9:30 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Possibly unpopular opinion. I have never met or known a teacher who participated in an inappropriate student/teacher relationship. But. I think Rebecca and Zied are the closest thing I have seen to it. Subtract 10 years and she would be 37  (ish) and he, 16 (ish). She is obsessed with this young man, who is immature (riding an ATV like a tween anyone?) has an age gap and language barrier and Rebecca holds all the power. Her lies and then turning on the emotion "I don't want to lose this ever" (lose WHAT? Exactly?" is my question.) + putting out. He has no power in the relationship to be who he is or can be. He is young D to Rebecca that she can groom and have all the power over.

It could be argued that this is the same for ALL the couples but in all the relationships I see each individual as having some power, even Mykull to some degree. And Angela isn't smart enough to be predatory. She is all out T Rex for her partner to see. Rebecca is manipulative and motivated by some deep dysfunction that she snakes her way out of. If she were a man I think her predatory motives would look more obvi. I think Zied is too dull / dimwitted to know what he is doing. I think of Baltimore Mark and his teen Aisan bride but still think Rebecca is more predatory. She is off. 

Again I have to go back to those moldy tent walls thinking he was in a 5 star Sahara experience riding ATVs like a 10 year old on their first power wheels. Just because he is a man doesn't mean he is being used. Rebecca is a predator. 

You hit the nail on the head.  She is using him.  He has dreams of going to the US, and she is using her power to make that dream come true to get him to forgive her all kinds of sins.  He is desperate, and she knows it.  Their relationship does remind me of every powerful person/sex/less powerful person situation I've ever heard of, be it teacher/student, boss/employee, movie star/fan--any relationship where the more empowered takes advantage of the inequality to get what (usually) he wants.

• Love 2
On 10/28/2019 at 10:35 AM, Mu Shu said:

I know plenty of women who stash their phones, cigarettes, and money in their cleavage. Back when I was a young un in the 90’s, we would go to music festivals all the time and stashed our cash in our bras. To this day, I have a friend who still totes money in her bra.

I am guilty of stashing stuff in my bra.  The problem is that it's not always convenient to carry a large, heavy pocketbook (which is all I have), and many if not most women's pants and dresses do not have pockets.  I would contribute money, in fact, to any political candidate who made it a foundation of her candidacy that all women's clothing must contain pockets. If I need nothing but, say, a driver's license or a couple of dollars, I will tote them in my bosom.  My husband is not embarrassed because he doesn't notice.

• LOL 2

Oh hell.  I give up.  I'm never going to catch up.  So I'll post what's been on my mind for a while about Avery.  I think Avery went into this with no idea that Omar would have a hard time being let into the US because he's a dentist; she is uninformed or stupid; it's hard to tell which.

And her marriage won't work (in her mind) if they don't get to live in the US--IOW, his visa is more important to her than to him.  I think his offer to forgo applying for a visa was genuine.  I think he'd prefer to be in the US, but it's not the reason he married her.

In the US she would never land a dentist for a husband.  Sorry to be harsh, but it's true.  In the Middle East, a dentist may or may not have the social and financial clout that he would have in the States.  She envisions herself as the exotic wife of a successful dentist, with the money that that entails--but only in the US.  To live in Syria or wherever, she is another woman in modest Muslim dress married to a working man; if he is successful financially, what will it mean to her?  Will she be asked to join the country club?  Will she get a new BMW every year?  Will their children go to exclusive private schools?  Probably not.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

You hit the nail on the head.  She is using him.  He has dreams of going to the US, and she is using her power to make that dream come true to get him to forgive her all kinds of sins.  He is desperate, and she knows it. 

You know, it struck me that she kept testing him over and over to gauge his desperation and to see if he would comply.

Each one got worse and worse (bigger and bigger of a test).  The fake pictures of herself, her bad interactions with sister and family, her lesbian revelation, and her being married.

Oh, that I had the wit and vocabulary to describe how happy I was to see Jesse giving his motivational speech to the inmates of a nursing home!  They'd better start working on themselves is all I have to say!  Maybe they were in an assisted living facility--that's where all the money is.  But whichever, if they want to have a fulfilling, meaningful life, they'd better listen to the Meester Program.

"Any questions?" he asks (with a straight face).  I think I'm in love--not with Jesse.  With whoever on the production team found this gig for him.

Absolute highlight of the season for me, and I'm sure the reason he was included in the "Tell All".

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 10/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, BallisticNikki said:

I was going to say the same thing - no one can practice w/ just a bachelor's degree. But then I remembered Leida, the rich Filipino beauty queen doctor. I think the decoded and deconstructed her "medical degree" situation to the point absurdity whereupon it became apparent that some of the foreign programs combine a collegiate and a terminal degree into one. So who knows? He may may have just bought a diploma from one of those online diploma mill "universities."

Sorry, I don't know if someone answered as I only am at page 5 of this and finished Monday this season but I checked the internet to what it requires to become a psychiatrist and it is a long way.

First of all you need to follow the basic university study of Medicine. Which takes 6 years; 3 years bachelor and 3 years master. Then you are a "basic doctor" (don't know the English term).  Only then! you can orientate on a training place to become psychiatrist and you need to apply for such training place at a academical hospital, general hospital etc. If they take you, there will be another 4,5 years if training.

I don't know Jesse's back ground or studies but I doubt his claim.

• Useful 2
On 10/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, Meowwww said:

This!  Even hubby caught that. 
I like Darcey too, I just don’t like her neediness.  Or her constant need to look like she is 20.  She reminds me so much of a friend of mine.  

Me too. What is she now 45 years old?  I recall some of the things that I wore in my early 40's.....and, now, I cringe, because, some of my choices seem rather edgy.  lol  In the summer, I would wear some pretty short shorts, but, it was at the beach, pool party, patio cook out, etc. I think some of my older friends might have rolled their eyes a little. lol   But, with Darcey!  Oh my....it's so extreme and in poor taste.  I can't imagine being that way all the time and indefinitely, because, I don't see her changing. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Chalby said:

I remember watching an earlier season where the gal insisted the ring be checked out because she felt it looked 'fake'. At the time I thought, that's not cool - he would say if it wasn't real. But since then, no one has come out to say they are purchasing the CZ because the couple feels their money can be best spent elsewhere.

Ok, I've racked my brain, who was this?! I remember her saying to the mother,  riding in the car after just being picked up from the airport, "we have to get this ring appraised," and mother was insulted. Pretty sure it doesn't involve Fernando or Kiralym. 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, it was a fantasy. The proof revealed itself at the gathering of the Tell All. Cesear was really nervous about seeing Maria live on a big screen. It made me think they really hadn't chatted much, face to face. 

In all my wisdom & interest in 90-day & mail order bride genre, I'm confused and curious about what exactly goes on in these telephone romances with strangers like C & Maria. He sends her money, and does he get to see her nude? More?

As salacious as Matt Sharp & associates are, I'd expect a few spicy references. I can't imagine Cesear saying witty in his flat, hang dog tone of voice. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Ok, I've racked my brain, who was this?! I remember her saying to the mother,  riding in the car after just being picked up from the airport, "we have to get this ring appraised," and mother was insulted. Pretty sure it doesn't involve Fernando or Kiralym. 

Yes, it was a fantasy. The proof revealed itself at the gathering of the Tell All. Cesear was really nervous about seeing Maria live on a big screen. It made me think they really hadn't chatted much, face to face. 

In all my wisdom & interest in 90-day & mail order bride genre, I'm confused and curious about what exactly goes on in these telephone romances with strangers like C & Maria. He sends her money, and does he get to see her nude? More?

As salacious as Matt Sharp & associates are, I'd expect a few spicy references. I can't imagine Cesear saying witty in his flat, hang dog tone of voice. 

Was it Brett and Daya...? Definitely wasn't Kirlyam, she's too nice.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Teri313 said:

You are correct!  Brett and Daya!

She didn't like the diamond because it had a black fleck in it.  I think it was one of the few times that Brett was truly annoyed.

Color me happily shocked and surprised that those two are still happily married.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

I think that ceasar got the "girlfriend experience" for his money.  

Its like two steps up from a guy who stalks an Instagram model and uses her downloaded photos as proof he has a "hot girlfriend." 

Ceasar got pictures of Maria that weren't available to the non-paying public and he could "technically" say that she was his girlfriend.  

I think this is a strategy employed by guys who feel like the desirability of their romantic partner is a reflection of how desirable they are. 

Like "oh, I have this hot vanilla creme girlfriend, so I'm not just some middle aged pedicurist....I'm someone special enough to land a vanilla creme hottie!"

And to me, these delusions of grandeur are evidenced in his homemade "Glamour shots"

He also got to participate in the delusion that she would have sex with him at some point.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think that ceasar got the "girlfriend experience" for his money.  

Its like two steps up from a guy who stalks an Instagram model and uses her downloaded photos as proof he has a "hot girlfriend." 

Ceasar got pictures of Maria that weren't available to the non-paying public and he could "technically" say that she was his girlfriend.  

I think this is a strategy employed by guys who feel like the desirability of their romantic partner is a reflection of how desirable they are. 

Like "oh, I have this hot vanilla creme girlfriend, so I'm not just some middle aged pedicurist....I'm someone special enough to land a vanilla creme hottie!"

And to me, these delusions of grandeur are evidenced in his homemade "Glamour shots"

He also got to participate in the delusion that she would have sex with him at some point.

Indeed. I read a comment about how anastasia.com works and it is a big scam. 

In the good old times you had the same for telephone-dating. I remember that. You could call to  a dating / contact line. If you were a  girl all was free, if you were a man you had to pay for each conversation etc.

Same I guess with this website. I am sure at the site you have an option like"buy roses for 1000 credits" or something like that.

• Love 4
On 10/28/2019 at 11:11 PM, iwasish said:

Tom complaining about Darcy calling at 4/5 am and sending huge amounts of texts, with her denying it was  laughable. You know she primped   herself up in full glam, tossed back a bottle of wine and convinced herself that he would want to get woke up at 4 am to listen to her prattle on about so much nothing. 

I turn my phone off at night (or put it on silent) so noone can bother me. I have no sympathy for Tom here. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 11/21/2019 at 7:10 PM, Teri313 said:

You win... nothing! (Sorry, I forgot to attach a prize, but I thank you, lol) Daya was definitely the one who wanted her ring appraised, and I could not remember her name. Now, after watching a couple of seasons, she was within her rights to have the ring appraised. Too many poor-as-mice Americans pretending to have money in order to lure a hot mail-order bride who would NEVER give them the time of day in any other situation. (Ahem... Caesar?)

• Love 6
On 11/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, Squishy Tomato said:

I turn my phone off at night (or put it on silent) so noone can bother me. I have no sympathy for Tom here. 

I have Do Not Disturb and only hubby can call/text and my two sons.  This led to a conversation with my younger one that no, you do not have to text me at 2am to tell me your financial aid went through.  Younger son + four hours away at college + 2am text = something not pleasant most of the time!!

But per Tom:  I would have the phone all the way off.  Darcy was such an oddity to me:  "Are we exclusive?"  followed by "I know there is a ring in my future!"

• Love 2
On 11/22/2019 at 7:24 AM, RealReality said:

Wow! You have eloquently summed up the true psychological baggage participants in the 90 Day Fiance franchise carry. Realreality, we need your toll-free number so you can counsel all these participants after they get dumped in the US. And women like Darcy and her sister fall into this same category. I would give you 100 'hearts' if I was able for your bang-on assessment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/22/2019 at 10:12 AM, RealReality said:

She didn't like the diamond because it had a black fleck in it.  I think it was one of the few times that Brett was truly annoyed.

Shows her ignorance.  An inclusion in a purported diamond pretty much proves it's a real diamond--what fake would be made with a flaw?  A lower quality diamond, to be sure, but a real one.  And if the inclusion is tiny, who but a jeweler cares?

(yes, my ring has a tiny black fleck in the stone.  But it's real, dammit!)

• Love 5
On 11/8/2019 at 10:22 PM, RealReality said:

Cesar wants the same thing a john or a guy at a strip club wants.  But he wants to dress it up as "love" and the "girlfriend experience" so it doesn't look like what it is.  

Without any supporting actions or behavior "love" is just another word, IMO.  

If someone just says they "love" someone, but treats them like a human sex doll, and not a precious human being with thoughts, opinions and feelings then that isn't love IMO.  Guys like Colt and Ceasar throw the word around as if it makes them superior, or somehow less of a user.  But the word....by itself....means nothing to me. 

Cesar's "love" is no more than a throwaway word used to manipulate Maria and others into feeling guilt, shame or pity.

maria saying she "loves" ceasar doesn't change the equation to me, because they were throwaway words to make him feel good and spend money.  Just like I don't believe a stripper really thinks that the guy she is trying to get into the champagne room is "the sexiest guy she has ever seen" or that she is "so hot for him"

How many times have we seen women, faces bloodied, missing teeth, blackened eyes, beaten half to death by their boyfriend or husband, and yet when offered refuge, safety.. refuse it because “ I love him”.  Caesar isn’t really any different than those women except  Maria’s abuse is psychological and doesn’t leave  physical scars.