Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Into the Mystic

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I thought this case was really good.  Kept me glued and guessing.  Also the scene with Chunk and his daughter was so touching.  Staying tuned on Marissa and her marriage.  

What I didn't understand was how, if the wife was being smothered by the husband, she got to the fire extinguisher and was able to grab it and hit him with it? I would assume hubby would not smother his wife out in the open, which is where the extinguisher seemed to be. Maybe that was explained and I just missed it. 

• Love 1

Oh good, another case that should have been wrapped up by the local PD in 12 seconds if they had done any ACTUAL investigating. Thank goodness we have the legal team of Dr. Jason Bull, who does the investigating on their behalf once the case has gone to trial without any actual investigating. This show continues to make me very, very afraid for the people of America (or NYC and surrounding) that get inaccurately charged with anything, unless they can afford the Bull Team of Actually Competent Investigators.

Anyway, the lady at the end saying "I can't wait to get home and tell (husband's name)", actually made me sadder than I expected. Aging sucks, even when it's just an actress portraying the aging of a fictional character.

• Love 3
On 10/29/2019 at 4:47 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

What I didn't understand was how, if the wife was being smothered by the husband, she got to the fire extinguisher and was able to grab it and hit him with it? I would assume hubby would not smother his wife out in the open, which is where the extinguisher seemed to be. Maybe that was explained and I just missed it. 

No, it wasn't explained.  Nor was there testing done on the outside of the plastic bag, to see if there were fingerprints where the husband's fingers would have been holding the base of the bag around her neck if he were really trying to choke her

On 10/28/2019 at 11:25 PM, MerBearHou said:

I thought this case was really good.  Kept me glued and guessing.  Also the scene with Chunk and his daughter was so touching.   

Sorry, can't get behind this daughter ignoring every single one of Chunk's texts and calls for such a long period of time, even given what she is going through, especially when he was treating her with respect but just holding a different view. 

• Love 1

Forgot to mention Marisa and Chunk.

Marisa: What the fork was the point of even having her GET married when she's just going to get divorced a season later for the dumbest reason ever. Just have them all have off-screen relationships, occasionally mentioned in the office, and that can be enough.

Chunk: If we're going to do this plotline, can we just do it and have it be over instead of having 30 seconds of screen time from each episode interrupt the case, to give us the next paragraph in the book? I only slightly care to start out with and getting it an excruciating inch at a time, is not working. That said, I did appreciate that they had Chunk hold onto his convictions, that he would continue to say that it's wrong, but still support his daughter.

• Love 1

I recently saw this episode and once again I have to wonder WHY can't these people get technical advisers with some knowledge of the law and courtroom rules and procedure.  I realize it's fictional and in the real world defendant's felony trials don't start one week after the murder occurred, but, it's tv land, so, I suspend belief on that, but, then they have expert witnesses testify when they have not provided their reports and findings to the other side in advance...WHAT? No way.  But, my biggest beef is how the defense attorney constantly ask a question that he wants to score points with and then before the witness answers, tells the witness never mind.  THAT is ludicrous.  In order for the testimony to be evidence, it would need to be answered by the witness.  No inference is drawn from an unanswered question. Does anyone know why they keep doing that? Oh, I'm an attorney and have tried to follow this show, because, there are parts that I like, but, these glaring technical issues, that don't have to be inserted, ruin it for me. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe