Type keyword(s) to search

Gretchen & Slade & their BS

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Apparently Gretchen's condo is in foreclosure. Didn't she get an inheritance from Jeff? I don't like her at all, but it's sad that she seems to have made such a mess of her life.

Well that's not great timing since she is due to give birth next month. Or maybe she's due in July. Slade must really be stepping up to the plate as a soon to be father and provider! HeeHee!

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

File this under: Who Gives a Fuck. But Gretchen is scheduled to have her baby girl any day now via C section. Baby's name is Skylar. (Father's name is LOSER.) 

Good luck in life Skylar. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I always liked Gretchen and thought she was very pretty and vivacious, with a great figure. But wow, she's had a lot of work done on her face. She barely looks like the same young woman from ten years ago.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, essexjan said:

I always liked Gretchen and thought she was very pretty and vivacious, with a great figure. But wow, she's had a lot of work done on her face. She barely looks like the same young woman from ten years ago.

She's definitely had work done, but also she is FaceTuning the HELL out of her photos.  I am embarrassed for her.  She is doing it to Slade's face too and it looks insane.

• Love 4
On 7/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, car54 said:

Her dress, the venue decor, the cake - all looks like a wedding.  Perhaps the wedding they'll never have?  Seems odd to me that they haven't done that yet, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist on that front. 

• Love 4

Maybe they got it donated ---I did think it was touching that they named the baby (middle name) after Slade's son who was so ill---the one he had trouble supporting.

• Love 2
On 7/17/2019 at 4:36 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Heavy-duty eyeroll over the friggin' monogrammed hospital gown.  Ffs.  The baby looks like Slimey Smiley.

Cute baby. That might be the ONLY thing that kid has going for her.

• Love 5
On 7/16/2019 at 5:18 PM, car54 said:

Maybe they got it donated ---I did think it was touching that they named the baby (middle name) after Slade's son who was so ill---the one he had trouble supporting.

You mean the son who *is* so ill  and *has* trouble supporting. Nothing has changed in that sad situation as far as I know. 

• Love 8
On 7/17/2019 at 6:36 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Heavy-duty eyeroll over the friggin' monogrammed hospital gown.  Ffs.  The baby looks like Slimey Smiley.

Not only monogrammed, but with a GCS. I didn't think they were married?

• Useful 1

I just saw that Gretchen's house in in foreclosure and is due to be auctioned off.  She owes over $26,000 on her mortgage. 

I am not saying that she shouldn't have had a baby, but I am saying that instead of spending all that money on fertility treatments, maybe she should have been paying her mortgage so that they would have a place to live.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I just saw this as well.  About to lose her home, but hey, that monogrammed hospital schmatta was uh.may.zing.  🙄 

Not surprising. Those two were always living the high life with no visible means of income other than her handbags and he had a very short radio show stint. 

I think this is the tip of the iceberg and they owe much more to many people. 

• Love 9
On 8/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I just saw this as well.  About to lose her home, but hey, that monogrammed hospital schmatta was uh.may.zing.  🙄 

Her face creeps me out. It looks like a porcelain/china doll or a mask - all smooth and no wrinkles - no creases around the eyes - so unnatural.

I guess she’s saving those wrinkles for the wrinkles in her financial situation 🙀

• Love 3
On 8/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, Happy Camper said:

Not surprising. Those two were always living the high life with no visible means of income other than her handbags and he had a very short radio show stint. 

I think this is the tip of the iceberg and they owe much more to many people. 

Don’t forget Gretchen Christine Beaute! 🤣 

2 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Baby Skylar is beautiful. But I always thought Gretchen could do so much better than Slade. She's a very pretty woman with a bubbly personality. It seems like if she could land one rich man in Jeff, she'd be able to land another. 

Gretchen was so beautiful when she came on the show. But yea, too many procedures—and years spent with Slade the Soul Sucker—seem to have drained the life out of her. She’s dead behind the eyes now. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Baby Skylar is beautiful. But I always thought Gretchen could do so much better than Slade. She's a very pretty woman with a bubbly personality. It seems like if she could land one rich man in Jeff, she'd be able to land another. 

I think she loves the reality fame and so does Slade.  That's why I think they hooked up and stayed together.  It would have been smarter if she did what Laurie did and landed a rich guy, tho. 

• Love 6
On 8/1/2019 at 8:57 AM, NewGranny said:

I just saw that Gretchen's house in in foreclosure and is due to be auctioned off.  She owes over $26,000 on her mortgage. 

I am not saying that she shouldn't have had a baby, but I am saying that instead of spending all that money on fertility treatments, maybe she should have been paying her mortgage so that they would have a place to live.

That makes no sense. Her Instagram earnings would easily pay that.

maybe it’s one of those strategic defaults sleazy people did after the housing crash?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

maybe it’s one of those strategic defaults sleazy people did after the housing crash?

Well, I’m thinking she likes to spend money, not manage it.

• Love 6
On 8/1/2019 at 5:57 AM, NewGranny said:

These two are the ultimate in fame whorishness.

I must be a terrible person, but I'm raising an eyebrow and wondering if they didn't take this moment to have a baby because they were hoping that baby would be a cash cow and they'd be able to pay their bills.  

The timing is....yeah, "interesting."   I don't think she's had much of an income since her HW days and him - ugh.  

(It should be noted I put absolutely nothing past these two, not even working overtime to produce a baby as a golden ticket...particularly when their home is going into foreclosure.)

• Love 5
On 8/9/2019 at 6:09 AM, Mu Shu said:

Well, I think people actually have to click on the links in Instagram, FB, etc. to earn anything (beyond product in exchange for advertising).  I'm not sure she has enough fans/followers left these days to generate much interest in her clickbait.

I used to follow a few HW's FB pages and followed Gretchen for a while as well.  She would post personal stuff, pictures of her dogs, recipes, etc.  Then seemingly overnight every single post on her FB page was clickbait.  Literally every single one.  I un-followed her long ago and her FB page had almost zero fan reaction at that point.  I have no idea how many IG followers she may have but they need those clicks to get that cash.  

She had that condo when she joined the cast about 10 years ago and yet still owes almost $500K on it.  I'm a lifelong renter, but wouldn't that mean that she possibly has been borrowing against her equity and those loans have come up to bite her in the ass?  It sounds like her balance might even exceed the initial selling price.  

I agree with @Happy Camper in that this is probably just the tip of the iceberg in what they owe.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Well, I think people actually have to click on the links in Instagram, FB, etc. to earn anything (beyond product in exchange for advertising).  I'm not sure she has enough fans/followers left these days to generate much interest in her clickbait.

I used to follow a few HW's FB pages and followed Gretchen for a while as well.  She would post personal stuff, pictures of her dogs, recipes, etc.  Then seemingly overnight every single post on her FB page was clickbait.  Literally every single one.  I un-followed her long ago and her FB page had almost zero fan reaction at that point.  I have no idea how many IG followers she may have but they need those clicks to get that cash.  

She had that condo when she joined the cast about 10 years ago and yet still owes almost $500K on it.  I'm a lifelong renter, but wouldn't that mean that she possibly has been borrowing against her equity and those loans have come up to bite her in the ass?  It sounds like her balance might even exceed the initial selling price.  

I agree with @Happy Camper in that this is probably just the tip of the iceberg in what they owe.  

No, you don’t have to click on anything. When a company sponsors you to create a video or Insta post, they pay you for the content you create.  The links are to purchase using the influencers discount code. She would make money that way, too. She’s making 25k and up for taking some photos and shilling for that company.  Just landing 5 sponsors would put her over 6 figures. There is a rather homely girl from one of those shitty TLC shows who cashed in on Instagram, and she doesn’t have the “fame “ and followers Gretchen has. 

But damn, she owes 425k on that 2 bedroom place? Did she take out one of those shyster mortgages with the adjustable rates? It’s been what, 10 years since she came on the show and she hasn’t put a dent in her mortgage?

She should sell that giant ugly pear shaped rock, but really, 75 bucks ain’t going to help her. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

No, you don’t have to click on anything. When a company sponsors you to create a video or Insta post, they pay you for the content you create.  The links are to purchase using the influencers discount code. She would make money that way, too. She’s making 25k and up for taking some photos and shilling for that company.  Just landing 5 sponsors would put her over 6 figures. There is a rather homely girl from one of those shitty TLC shows who cashed in on Instagram, and she doesn’t have the “fame “ and followers Gretchen has. 

But damn, she owes 425k on that 2 bedroom place? Did she take out one of those shyster mortgages with the adjustable rates? It’s been what, 10 years since she came on the show and she hasn’t put a dent in her mortgage?

She should sell that giant ugly pear shaped rock, but really, 75 bucks ain’t going to help her. 

That's what I'm thinking, that the current balance quoted above sounds like it might even be higher than (or at least equal to) the initial purchase price.  

I'd venture a guess they've probably been subsidizing their lifestyle through taking out loans on that condo.  

I might be confusing Gretchen with another housewife, but didn't Bravo dump her when viewers called out that fake "engagement" to Slade with the helicopter fuck and awe shenanigans?  It seems to me there was a lot of viewer backlash over that particular story line and that was her swan song.

I always thought Gretchen could have earned herself another season if she and Slimey had gone with that ridiculous Tamara story line with the fake baby and trying to decide if she wanted another kid.  I remember eye rolling so hard over that when the women already had a bunch of kids and should have been well aware of how much work babies are.  Gretchen, however, could have pulled such a story line off pretty well since she had no real experience with kids...and she's so dumb it could have been mildly amusing.  With 45-year-old mother-of-4 Tamara, though, it was absurd.

It's going to be interesting to see if the condo goes up for auction next week.  All that money invested into it just to lose it for $26K is crazy.  I hate to see anyone lose their home (even famewhores), so hopefully they figure out a way to keep it.  

• Love 4

It just makes no sense to me. Gretchen comes from a seemingly financially secure family, attended and finished higher education, had herself a wallet  for a time, and had a license as a Realtor during the time of the perils of ARMs and the risks of using your home as an ATM.

The game with a long term sugar daddy is to get a bought and paid for home out of it. There was Life insurance. She hung out at Bass Lake, not high roller places. I didn’t see her living an extravagant lifestyle.

im not saying she’s that bright, but I thought she was smarter with finances. 

Just goes to show you Laurie was the real hero here. Went out, got a real wallet, and retired. Laurie did that at 48, so there’s still hope for Gretchen. You know Slade won’t be paying child support.

• Love 5
On 7/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, car54 said:

Well for starters selling the interviews and pictures to People for its "exclusive" story. 

Not sure how many followers she has on social media, but every time she is shown using, eating, drinking, vacationing or whatever she is either paid or comped for the service or product.

• Love 3

But I always thought Gretchen could do so much better than Slade

Me too. I always thought he dragged her own. He is the Peter to her Cynthia, if that makes any sense. At least Cynthia got rid of her albatross...

No, you don’t have to click on anything.

Yeah, I think you just need eyeballs (ie followers), and she has +800,000 on instagram, so she could make some decent coins for herself with the right sponsors.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

It just makes no sense to me. Gretchen comes from a seemingly financially secure family, attended and finished higher education, had herself a wallet  for a time, and had a license as a Realtor during the time of the perils of ARMs and the risks of using your home as an ATM.

The game with a long term sugar daddy is to get a bought and paid for home out of it. There was Life insurance. She hung out at Bass Lake, not high roller places. I didn’t see her living an extravagant lifestyle.

im not saying she’s that bright, but I thought she was smarter with finances. 

Just goes to show you Laurie was the real hero here. Went out, got a real wallet, and retired. Laurie did that at 48, so there’s still hope for Gretchen. You know Slade won’t be paying child support.

It makes no sense to me, either.  

In fact, one of the (if not the only) things I admired about Gretchen was the way she stayed in that little condo instead of immediately running out and buying a huge McMansion to keep up with the other housewives.  I thought that showed some financial intelligence.

Maybe being addicted to fame whoring can be just as expensive over time as any other addiction.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Me too. I always thought he dragged her own. He is the Peter to her Cynthia, if that makes any sense. At least Cynthia got rid of her albatross...

That is a perfect description. I didn’t mind Gretchen until she got together with Slimy who gives me the creeps 

• Love 4
On 8/9/2019 at 6:09 AM, Mu Shu said:

Strategic defaults are done when the real estate market tanks-you have no equity anyway so you walk away. The OC market is solid and the article said she owed less than $450,000-not a huge mortgage here. She could have sold, saved her credit, and got some cash. Or paid their mortgage and stayed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2019 at 7:08 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Yes, she has been refinancing and taking the cash out to live on-tax free money BTW- That works for awhile until you have tapped out your equity. That is probably what has happened. I would bet she has a ton of other debt, which impacts your credit score, making it more difficult to refinance again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, chlban said:

Yes, she has been refinancing and taking the cash out to live on-tax free money BTW- That works for awhile until you have tapped out your equity. That is probably what has happened. I would bet she has a ton of other debt, which impacts your credit score, making it more difficult to refinance again.

Apparently we were correct.

According to this article, in 2015 she took out a loan for over $500K on the home.

It was supposed to be auctioned last week, but I can't find an update on whether it was indeed auctioned.  

Anyway, this article is pretty interesting and has some financial stuff in it.  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/05/11/report-former-rhoc-star-gretchen-rossi-is-facing-foreclosure-on-her-orange-county-home/

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Apparently we were correct.

According to this article, in 2015 she took out a loan for over $500K on the home.

It was supposed to be auctioned last week, but I can't find an update on whether it was indeed auctioned.  

Anyway, this article is pretty interesting and has some financial stuff in it.  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/05/11/report-former-rhoc-star-gretchen-rossi-is-facing-foreclosure-on-her-orange-county-home/

Yes. Properties here have appreciated significantly since 2015, so she should, logically, be able to take out at least $500,000 again, based on equity. So the issue is with her credit which, now that she has a Notice of Default filed, is shot to hell. I am curious to see what happens. It isn't that much money in the scheme of things. I could pull that much from my 401k or even get it from cash advances on credit cards if I had to. She has to have equity so she should at least have the condo on the market and get something out of it.

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, chlban said:

I could pull that much from my 401k or even get it from cash advances on credit cards if I had to. 

YOU are not caught up in a relationship with Slimey Slim Shady Smiley. Now there's a baby involved and Gretchen will NEVER leave Slimey Slade homeless. He's Brooks Ayers 1.0 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

YOU are not caught up in a relationship with Slimey Slim Shady Smiley. Now there's a baby involved and Gretchen will NEVER leave Slimey Slade homeless. He's Brooks Ayers 1.0 

And somewhere both Jo and Laurie are thanking their respective lucky stars.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And somewhere both Jo and Laurie are thanking their respective lucky stars.  

I always liked Jo. She was so young (early 20's?) when she got on this OC housewives mess. She's doing well now. Lives in LA and has her own business. That was info I googled a couple years ago. She just seems like a real sweet young lady. 

• Love 9

When Jo was dating Slade, he had an actual job, in finance or something.  In fact, she was the stay-at-home girlfriend, while he drove around in an expensive Hummer/Range Rover type car, but as I recall, he was relatively successful.

He ditched Jo for prettier Gretchen, when he realized that Gretchen would get a full orange and be a "sustaining" cast member.  Gretchen fell for everything Slade promised her, so she ditched Jeff, who was older and less attractive.

She was on Jeff Lewis' Sirius show a few months ago, still hocking her handbag line.  Which, I looked at, and thought some were cute, but they all have this stupid "G" on them, so yeah, but no.

Jeff Lewis asked if she'd ever return to RHOC, and she hemmed and hawed, basically admitting that she'll never be asked back.  She must have pissed AC off but good.  Jeff Lewis tried to get the truth out of her, but it was all "Slade and I are so happy to soon be parents", B.S.

I agree with the above poster who is suspect of baby-gate timing.  More IG followers, more likes, more chances to endorse stuff.  

Cue the Gretchen Christine line of baby products......coming soon to click-bait near you.

• Love 1

he had an actual job, in finance or something.  In fact, she was the stay-at-home girlfriend, while he drove around in an expensive Hummer/Range Rover type car, but as I recall, he was relatively successful.

Relatively...let us not forget the most awkward business meeting ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Sterling said:

He ditched Jo for prettier Gretchen, when he realized that Gretchen would get a full orange and be a "sustaining" cast member.  Gretchen fell for everything Slade promised her, so she ditched Jeff, who was older and less attractive.

She didn’t ditch Jeff; Jeff died after filming (before the reunion). But she did hook up with Slade the next season.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The guy whose wife had the wheels of her SUV encrusted with CZs. Wonder what trailer park they’re living in now?

Sounds like Gretchen gambled with her home thinking she would get back on the show and lost. There was that time she was on presenting to be Icki’s friend.  When she was with the group with the tired ass Eddie is gay storyline.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

She didn’t ditch Jeff; Jeff died after filming (before the reunion). But she did hook up with Slade the next season.

And Jo ditched Slade before he hooked up with Gretchen, proving Jo was the smart one.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Hiyo said:

He was in Title during the Real Estate boom. Like so many others in the Real Estate industry that had never been through a downturn and thought the good times could never end. I was told, more than once, that I should sell my little condo and drive a fancier car. When it crashed, a ton of those people lost everything. The difference is, most of those people, especially the young go getters, have forged a new career and learned a few lessons.They may not be living quite as high (lessons learned), but they pay their bills, many have been able to buy property again and have repaired their credit. Obviously, Slade missed the memo.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Sterling said:

That's interesting. As I recall it (and I'm probably wrong) Jo wanted to break away from Slade and experience life as a young woman in her early 20's....go out partying, meet people etc .  So she said goodbye to Slade and the OC housewives franchise. THEN, Slade hooked up with Laurie and then Gretchen (who Jo introduced to Slade). 

• Love 12

Pretty sure her real boyfriend during the time she was with Jeff was some dude named Jay Photoglu.  They've gone back and forth in court and I believe at least work a year or so ago, she had won a $500K+ judgment against him...which doesn't mean shit when you can't pull blood from a stone and apparently Photoglu is a broke ass.

IIRC, this Jay person contacted Tamra and spilled about 8 gallons of tea about his relationship with Gretchen, which is why Tamra was practically orgasmic when Gretchen admitted over lunch she'd been to BASS! LAKE!   It confirmed the story that Jay person had told her, since he had been with her Bass Lake the weekend in question.

I don't think she hooked up with Slade until well after Jeff died.  I think Slade was too busy trying to canoodle with Lauri to get his "housewife" spot back and the hooking up with Gretchen didn't begin until right before filming the subsequent season began.

Here's a pic of her with Photoglu:  

gretchen.jpg

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4