Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Heather Dubrow:"Let Them Eat Cake, But Don't Touch My Bow."

Recommended Posts

Jeff seems to have a history with Shannon and likes her. I wonder if some of his problem with Heather is the way she treated Shannon so horribly her first season. I was hoping someone would point out her excuse for treating Alexis so poorly too, hum, pattern?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Teresa Guidice is apparently upset with Heather too for something she said about Teresa worrying more about yoga and her diet than her kids when she was released from prison.  Heather was on E and Said Jeff was making rude comments at Shannon's to Terry about needed/completed plastic surgery Heather needed or had done.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.  I can see Heather being rude to waitstaff and I can see Jeff body shaming Heather,  as far as Teresa goes - who cares?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Its early in the season, but I think out of all the 6 women..i think Heather should have been downgraded to friend of.... shes not really doing anything...and what shes been doing (i.e. designing the house and lamenting that terry's been working too much) has been done to death. 

She said once that sometimes a housewives story comes to an end..and I think thats the case with her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:42 PM, Bronzedog said:

Teresa Guidice is apparently upset with Heather too for something she said about Teresa worrying more about yoga and her diet than her kids when she was released from prison.  Heather was on E and Said Jeff was making rude comments at Shannon's to Terry about needed/completed plastic surgery Heather needed or had done.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.  I can see Heather being rude to waitstaff and I can see Jeff body shaming Heather,  as far as Teresa goes - who cares?

Jeff Lewis is mistaken.

 

There is NO plastic surgery that would help improve a person's personality?

Pleather has always come off as the asshole that expects perfection from everyone around her. In her first season, the group was filming in a restaurant and she sent back a dish - Someone called her on it - and she got pretty pissy when they did.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Its early in the season, but I think out of all the 6 women..i think Heather should have been downgraded to friend of.... shes not really doing anything...and what shes been doing (i.e. designing the house and lamenting that terry's been working too much) has been done to death. 

She said once that sometimes a housewives story comes to an end..and I think thats the case with her.

Now that she knows one of the girls has a fridge in her closet, She probably has stopped all work on Villa Doo Brow and has new plans drawn up to add a fridge, coffee/espresso machine and slide out for her Kitchen Aid stand mixer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Heather has a podcast and it is AWFUL.  She is so, so, so, pretentious, so much worse than on the show!  Every podcast is a combo of Heather denying everything bad said about her, recounting stories of her AMAZING life and how FUN their lives are and all their VACATIONS, all the while laughing delightedly at her own jokes.  Then there's her side-kick, a young woman whose job it is to kiss Heather's ass.  

Oh, and Heather's over-enunciation is on full display.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff Lewis mentioned that the Dubrows were building a 30 million dollars house when he was on wwhl, are they really that wealthy?

And not for nothing, with all their extravagances, Heather needs to shut up when Terry goes and works on holidays. someone has to somehow pays for the designer ice cubes

Not surprised about the bragging, it seems to be the new thing on radio, these days.

Sometimes, I wonder if we are back in the eighties once again.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Bebecat said:

Agreed, Heather meeds to STFU. Who is earning the big bucks for that ridiculous castle that no family on earth requires? Poor Heather has to pick out extravagant amd costly marble and gold trim all day long and then be with her kiddies on camera boo hoo.

Wretched excess.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I was wondering when the truth about this horrid rube would finally come out. Thank you, Jeff Lewis. Madame Puppet seems so plastic and hateful to me and always has. The way she went in on Alexis was psychotic, so it is poetic justice that she's being exposed as the jealous, nasty, pretentious hypocrite she is. She tries so desperately to portray herself as above the fray. You're a fame whore, Dum Dum--and you are no different from Gramballs, Gretchen, Alexis, Snookie and every other fame whore. Own it, as you menopausal hags love to say. I almost puked during the scene with the poor builder when Madame Puppet couldn't understand why he seemed bored <like the rest of us> with the crappy Best Western she and Miss Terry have dragged out as a s/l for the past three years. Yawn. I agree with someone upthread--relegate her to Wakile status, or, better yet, get rid of her altogether.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I think Heather and Terry are kind of getting a reality check.  Shannon 13,000 square foot home fetched 10 million.  A view and few thousand extra square feet don't add $20 million to the value.  The backside of the house backs up to a road.  It is on a small lot and has a hideous passe theatre room.  Couches with some recliners-not four rows of recliners are now in vogue.

Terry has already said he is ready to call a realtor.  My guess is they would now rather be beachside.  Will lightening strike twice and they get a big payday off of Chateau Dubrow?   How about they spend the next ten years just enjoying a home?  They lived in the last  home for only two years before selling it.  Maybe that is where they make their big money.

Heather will be on as long as "Botched" and "Botched By Nature" are on E!.  Same EP, Doug Ross, plus that $500,000.00 a year paycheck comes in handy.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

How about they spend the next ten years just enjoying a home?  They lived in the last  home for only two years before selling it.  Maybe that is where they make their big money.

Yea, that's the part that's just crazy to me. Not the same situation at all, but my step-dad was a really impulsive spender and not financially responsible at all. Because of this, we moved a lot when I was a kid. By the time I graduated HS, I had lived in 7 different homes. I really like the idea of my kids growing up in the same home all their lives. I get that sometimes you need to upgrade, as your family grows, you need more room, you want a better investment, etc. But my goodness, some of these people move like it's as casual as changing your underwear. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I think Heather and Terry are kind of getting a reality check.  Shannon 13,000 square foot home fetched 10 million.  A view and few thousand extra square feet don't add $20 million to the value.  The backside of the house backs up to a road.  It is on a small lot and has a hideous passe theatre room.  Couches with some recliners-not four rows of recliners are now in vogue.

Terry has already said he is ready to call a realtor.  My guess is they would now rather be beachside.  Will lightening strike twice and they get a big payday off of Chateau Dubrow?   How about they spend the next ten years just enjoying a home?  They lived in the last  home for only two years before selling it.  Maybe that is where they make their big money.

Heather will be on as long as "Botched" and "Botched By Nature" are on E!.  Same EP, Doug Ross, plus that $500,000.00 a year paycheck comes in handy. 

This is an interesting theory.  I wonder if the quick sale of the first home was because of the good edit they got on this show?  In her premier season, Heather came off as witty, smart, and somewhat tasteful.

Many people love their first home, but I do remember that they had to put their "oops baby" (their words not mine) in a closet, because they did not have an extra bedroom?  I thought that was crazy...particularly for a home of that size.

That home is tiny compared to the monstrous behemoth they are building now.  Heather said that for their first home someone came to their door and begged them to sell it.  Does she think this will happen again?

Truthfully, if I was rich enough to spend 30 million dollars on a home, I think I would rather custom build, then buy whatever the Dubrows are trying to unload.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, zoeysmom said:

I think Heather and Terry are kind of getting a reality check.  Shannon 13,000 square foot home fetched 10 million.  A view and few thousand extra square feet don't add $20 million to the value.  The backside of the house backs up to a road.  It is on a small lot and has a hideous passe theatre room.  Couches with some recliners-not four rows of recliners are now in vogue.

Terry has already said he is ready to call a realtor.  My guess is they would now rather be beachside.  Will lightening strike twice and they get a big payday off of Chateau Dubrow?   How about they spend the next ten years just enjoying a home?  They lived in the last  home for only two years before selling it.  Maybe that is where they make their big money.

Heather will be on as long as "Botched" and "Botched By Nature" are on E!.  Same EP, Doug Ross, plus that $500,000.00 a year paycheck comes in handy.  

I think that they have that "I paid 300 dollars for that custom ice machine and that didn't add value to the house?" kind of buyer's remorse.

Here is my question?

If you had the money, would you allow your SO to make such over-the-top purchases when it came to building the house?

I think most of us would LOVE the idea of being able to build our own homes, but I think that pleather's spending is disrespectful. To Terry, the relationship and to the kids. I think that it's a kind of payback for Terry not being there in the relationship.

She complains about him being at work all the time, qwitcherbitchin' and stop spending.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2016 at 11:52 AM, qtpye said:

 

Many people love their first home, but I do remember that they had to put their "oops baby" (their words not mine) in a closet, because they did not have an extra bedroom?  I thought that was crazy...particularly for a home of that size.

 

Ahhhh yes, the "oops baby"....which several years later Heather admitted was conceived through IVF. Phony snob. Personally, I don't believe squat that comes out of Heather's or Terry's mouths. I'd bet cash money that they're "behind closed doors" life isn't a 1/4 as idyllic as she'd have us believe.

Gross pretentiousness and status obsession are at the top of my "Nope, cannot tolerate you," list -- which is why I gotta agree with Jeff Lewis.

I also can't stand how people praise her for being "smart." I mean, she's not dumb; but she's also not noticeably brilliant. Her ego may insist, "I'm a GENIUS!", but Heather seems of average intelligence, to me.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Lady Grump said:

Ahhhh yes, the "oops baby"....which several years later Heather admitted was conceived through IVF. Phony snob. Personally, I don't believe squat that comes out of Heather's or Terry's mouths. I'd bet cash money that they're "behind closed doors" life isn't a 1/4 as idyllic as she'd have us believe.

Gross pretentiousness and status obsession are at the top of my "Nope, cannot tolerate you," list -- which is why I gotta agree with Jeff Lewis.

I also can't stand how people praise her for being "smart." I mean, she's not dumb; but she's also not noticeably brilliant. Her ego may insist, "I'm a GENIUS!", but Heather seems of average intelligence, to me.

No, Coco is an "oops" baby. She used IVF for Katarina (& maybe the twins?). She told Kelly that the last time she went through the shots, etc. was 10 years ago because Katarina is 9.

I can't stand her, agree that she's a phony, but she's been consistent with her Oops Baby/ IVF story.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

No, Coco is an "oops" baby. She used IVF for Katarina (& maybe the twins?). She told Kelly that the last time she went through the shots, etc. was 10 years ago because Katarina is 9.

I can't stand her, agree that she's a phony, but she's been consistent with her Oops Baby/ IVF story.

Got it. Thanks for the correction deeply shallow!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

According to Jeff, the dubrows are real estate investors and the only reason why they did not unload their previous residence sooner is because they got caught into the recession.

he also said that is why they did not have a pool until they were ready to flip the house.

I hope we get to see the house from top to bottom. It looks incredibly tacky on the few pictures she shared.

Heather is not very personable nor funny irl.

during her last  appearance on wwhl, she tried so hard but came across flat,Imo.

Terry is so mean spirited toward dr nassif, it is cringe worthy.

despite all their wealth and their achievements I have a feeling, they both feel inadequate and try to overcompensate with Portecochère and the like....

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2016 at 8:17 PM, LIMOM said:

According to Jeff, the dubrows are real estate investors and the only reason why they did not unload their previous residence sooner is because they got caught into the recession.

I have no idea if this is true, but it does make more sense then someone just knocked on their door one day and begged them to buy their house, because it was so fabulous.

I wonder if they can not sell the monstrosity they are building now...can they afford to maintain for long term?  I think Vicki, once state that she pays something like 5K a month for utilities, so I can not even imagine the costs of maintaining a home of that size.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I have no idea if this is true, but it does make more sense then someone just knocked on their door one day and begged them to buy their house, because it was so fabulous.

I wonder if they can not sell the monstrosity they are building now...can they afford to maintain for long term?  I think Vicki, once state that she pays something like 5K a month for utilities, so I can not even imagine the costs of maintaining a home of that size.

I had a neighbor that actually had that happen - someone was looking at another home in the neighborhood (same style) and went up to Ds home and asked if she was interested in selling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:55 AM, qtpye said:

I have no idea if this is true, but it does make more sense then someone just knocked on their door one day and begged them to buy their house, because it was so fabulous.

I wonder if they can not sell the monstrosity they are building now...can they afford to maintain for long term?  I think Vicki, once state that she pays something like 5K a month for utilities, so I can not even imagine the costs of maintaining a home of that size.

They opened their first season with looking for real estate because their present home wasn't correct.  They then wanted the cover of Lydia's magazine-so it was more of a soft sell, thereby dodging brokers' fees.  Terry and Heather might be surprised about having the biggest house in the community and resale value.  It didn't seem like Heather was exactly cutting corners.  Shannon's house might be a cautionary tale.  They didn't lose money but they didn't make a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

They opened their first season with looking for real estate because their present home wasn't correct.  They then wanted the cover of Lydia's magazine-so it was more of a soft sell, thereby dodging brokers' fees.  Terry and Heather might be surprised about having the biggest house in the community and resale value.  It didn't seem like Heather was exactly cutting corners.  Shannon's house might be a cautionary tale.  They didn't lose money but they didn't make a lot.

The Beador house was quite personalized. Not many people want to pay for a basketball court in their basement or two kitchens for instance.

In addition, that house was very sophisticated for the OC, imo.

I can't wait to see both families new houses.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

UGH Heather Dubrow or DuBrow or EyeBrow is SO INTOLERABLY FAKE.  Have to check in and say that.  I just had a second of terrible judgment and decided to listen to her awful podcast (Heather Dubrow's World-- listen for yourself and come back and say how much you hated it).  Her voice on that podcast, how she talks, how she interacts with her hired ass-kiss girl-- OMG it is all excruciating.  

She is really, really a fake, superficial woman.  The hole where her soul should be is gaping-- she's trying to fill it with monster-sized mansions and sideshow events starring Heather Dubrow!  and Terry Dubrow too!  

I mean, guys.  It is sad, how this woman ticks-- it must feel awful to be her.  And it hurts to listen to her for just a few minutes.  In fact, let me warn you-- Heather Dubrow's plastic voice, booming right into your ear, may reduce your capacity to feel your own emotions and experience empathy.  Prolonged exposure likely to induce temporary or permanent loss of soul.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, OhGromit said:

UGH Heather Dubrow or DuBrow or EyeBrow is SO INTOLERABLY FAKE.  Have to check in and say that.  I just had a second of terrible judgment and decided to listen to her awful podcast (Heather Dubrow's World-- listen for yourself and come back and say how much you hated it).  Her voice on that podcast, how she talks, how she interacts with her hired ass-kiss girl-- OMG it is all excruciating.  

She is really, really a fake, superficial woman.  The hole where her soul should be is gaping-- she's trying to fill it with monster-sized mansions and sideshow events starring Heather Dubrow!  and Terry Dubrow too!  

I mean, guys.  It is sad, how this woman ticks-- it must feel awful to be her.  And it hurts to listen to her for just a few minutes.  In fact, let me warn you-- Heather Dubrow's plastic voice, booming right into your ear, may reduce your capacity to feel your own emotions and experience empathy.  Prolonged exposure likely to induce temporary or permanent loss of soul.  

Love her podcasts. I don't listen often, but when I do I always enjoy them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I listen to her podcast every week as well (lots of travel in my job) and I enjoy it for the most part.  However, her ass kissing assistant Natalie grates on my nerves.  It must be exhausting to be so far up Heather's ass all the time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I listen to her podcast every week as well (lots of travel in my job) and I enjoy it for the most part.  However, her ass kissing assistant Natalie grates on my nerves.  It must be exhausting to be so far up Heather's ass all the time. 

Is that the same assistant who's been on the rhoc show a few times?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

On The Talk today, they showed a clip of Jeff Lewis telling how rude she was to wait-staff at a restaurant.  It was really appalling!!

You can tell a whole lot about people by the way they treat waiters and waitresses.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

On The Talk today, they showed a clip of Jeff Lewis telling how rude she was to wait-staff at a restaurant.  It was really appalling!!

I wish I would have caught that!  What did he say?  Did he give specifics??  I know that this will make her blood boil.

 

20 hours ago, OhGromit said:

UGH Heather Dubrow or DuBrow or EyeBrow is SO INTOLERABLY FAKE.  Have to check in and say that.  I just had a second of terrible judgment and decided to listen to her awful podcast (Heather Dubrow's World-- listen for yourself and come back and say how much you hated it).  Her voice on that podcast, how she talks, how she interacts with her hired ass-kiss girl-- OMG it is all excruciating.  

She is really, really a fake, superficial woman.  

I agree.  I have listened to a few of the podcasts, not because of her, but because I have wanted the inside scoop on the show, or I have wanted to hear a certain guest.

She is insufferable, but her assistant Natalie is THE WORST.  I just wonder if Heather realizes how far up her ass she is.  I cannot tolerate them together. 

All of the BS preening is ridiculous.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If you Google 'Jeff Lewis talks about Heather Dubrow' there's a whole bunch of videos (that I can't access because I'm in Canada).  Jeff was on somebody's talk show.  Sorry I can't link it for you because I don't know which one The Talk used.  Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

She is insufferable, but her assistant Natalie is THE WORST.  I just wonder if Heather realizes how far up her ass she is.  I cannot tolerate them together. 

All of the BS preening is ridiculous.

The BS preening, yes, that's exactly it-- so well put.  An aggressively prissy vanity that I just cannot stand.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/10/2016 at 7:35 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

Love her podcasts. I don't listen often, but when I do I always enjoy them. 

Same here.  Personally I find her entertaining and funny.  I enjoy getting her perspective on RHOC and a little bit more scope on what's happened that didn't get shown. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, slitz said:

Same here.  Personally I find her entertaining and funny.  I enjoy getting her perspective on RHOC and a little bit more scope on what's happened that didn't get shown. 

I agree. Heather's podcast aren't vulgar, trashy or mean like the other 2 HWs with podcast/radio show. She doesn't get nasty about or towards any HW.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

You guys! Last weekend I was at a friend's party, which was hosted in a fancy pants high rise. (High-rise fancy pants... Hmmm... A boutique item for Kyle?) Anyway, I overheard someone refer to the driveway as a "porte-cachere" and then I could not stop throwing the term around. ("Excuse me, which way to the porte-cachere?" "Oh, is that my car in the porte-cachere?") 

I'm so glad Heather enlightened me to the proper term. Who knows what the concierge would've thought if I called it the driveway. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/10/2016 at 11:03 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

You can tell a whole lot about people by the way they treat waiters and waitresses.

I would say the same thing about people who treat their staff terribly. Heather is snooty and materialistic. It's possible that Heather was rude and terrible to the wait staff at Shannon's party. However, I have a hard time believing anything that comes from Jeff Lewis. Jeff Lewis is horrific to his staff. He's rude and intrusive. He thinks nothing of embarrassing and belittling them in public. He has some of the most abysmal boundaries I've ever seen between employer and employee. A large part of the reason he's famous is because he treats people terribly. Pot meet kettle. The entire thing feels a little like Vladimir Putin chiding and tsk tsking the US about civil rights during the Ferguson incident.

And I kind of agree with Heather about Teresa. Heather said she didn't feel like Teresa really indicated that she was remorseful about her actions that led to her incarceration. Heather said that it was all yoga and diet. It sort of was. Perhaps there was/is a legal reason that Teresa hasn't demonstrated any remorse, but I think Heather's point is that their might be a way to indicate that you've gained something, spiritually and emotionally, from the incarceration without admitting culpability. Unfortunately Teresa's not that deep a thinker.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I would say the same thing about people who treat their staff terribly. Heather is snooty and materialistic. It's possible that Heather was rude and terrible to the wait staff at Shannon's party. However, I have a hard time believing anything that comes from Jeff Lewis. Jeff Lewis is horrific to his staff. He's rude and intrusive. He thinks nothing of embarrassing and belittling them in public. He has some of the most abysmal boundaries I've ever seen between employer and employee. A large part of the reason he's famous is because he treats people terribly. Pot meet kettle. The entire thing feels a little like Vladimir Putin chiding and tsk tsking the US about civil rights during the Ferguson incident.

Thank you!  I'm so glad to see someone else that feels the same way about Jeff Lewis.  I watched the first season of Flipping Out and was just appalled at how he treated his staff.  YMMV, but I found nothing funny about the way he treats them.  I have no doubt that, in his own way, he loves those closest to him, but there's no way in hell I would have ever put up with being treated that way by my boss.  Obviously they are willing to put up with it and/or find him funny, but I do not.  Is Heather snooty and materialistic?  Yes.  But, as Lisa Rinna would say, she owns it.  She calls herself Fancy Pants.  But at the same time, I've never, to my recollection, seen her be rude or dismissive to any of the waitstaff we've seen on the show, or the staff at any of the resorts they've traveled to, etc.  She's certainly never been as rude or insensitive as Vicki has on several occasions. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2016 at 5:35 AM, HunterHunted said:

I would say the same thing about people who treat their staff terribly. Heather is snooty and materialistic. It's possible that Heather was rude and terrible to the wait staff at Shannon's party. However, I have a hard time believing anything that comes from Jeff Lewis. Jeff Lewis is horrific to his staff. He's rude and intrusive. He thinks nothing of embarrassing and belittling them in public. He has some of the most abysmal boundaries I've ever seen between employer and employee. A large part of the reason he's famous is because he treats people terribly. Pot meet kettle. The entire thing feels a little like Vladimir Putin chiding and tsk tsking the US about civil rights during the Ferguson incident.

And I kind of agree with Heather about Teresa. Heather said she didn't feel like Teresa really indicated that she was remorseful about her actions that led to her incarceration. Heather said that it was all yoga and diet. It sort of was. Perhaps there was/is a legal reason that Teresa hasn't demonstrated any remorse, but I think Heather's point is that their might be a way to indicate that you've gained something, spiritually and emotionally, from the incarceration without admitting culpability. Unfortunately Teresa's not that deep a thinker.

Yep, Heather is 100% right on Teresa.

She still refers to her incarceration as being away at camp.

Trashy, trashy woman. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

In my opinion Heather is building her own modern day mini version of the Carolands Mansion in Hillsborough CA, built by Harriett Pullman Carolan, complete with the Porte de Cochere.

Google the above property for some amazing history and updates about this astounding property featured on PBS!

For those of you that like house porn (as do I) it is a really great story, and yes I did apply for the lottery to take a tour of the house, fingers crossed!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/11/2016 at 11:58 PM, ivygirl said:

You guys! Last weekend I was at a friend's party, which was hosted in a fancy pants high rise. (High-rise fancy pants... Hmmm... A boutique item for Kyle?) Anyway, I overheard someone refer to the driveway as a "porte-cachere" and then I could not stop throwing the term around. ("Excuse me, which way to the porte-cachere?" "Oh, is that my car in the porte-cachere?") 

I'm so glad Heather enlightened me to the proper term. Who knows what the concierge would've thought if I called it the driveway. 

I wish I had friends with a porte-cashere.   Goals. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

In my opinion Heather is building her own modern day mini version of the Carolands Mansion in Hillsborough CA, built by Harriett Pullman Carolan, complete with the Porte de Cochere.

Google the above property for some amazing history and updates about this astounding property featured on PBS!

For those of you that like house porn (as do I) it is a really great story, and yes I did apply for the lottery to take a tour of the house, fingers crossed!

I saw this on PBS.  Very interesting!  Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm from the area and I mostly remember Carolands as "the place my friends would drive by late at night, trying to get a look inside."

The Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance had an opening event there. I wanted to go, but it was a little rich for my blood. I'll have to check out that lottery!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I love house porn, but I cannot stand the real estate shows where people REFUSE to buy a house because there is no puerta de cochino or some other stupid reason.

The mention of open concept, marble counters, en suite bathrooms and walk in closets make me howl.

When I hear someone drop a cliché or some kind of designer term for something ordinary?

I stop taking people seriously.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

I love house porn, but I cannot stand the real estate shows where people REFUSE to buy a house because there is no puerta de cochino or some other stupid reason.

The mention of open concept, marble counters, en suite bathrooms and walk in closets make me howl.

When I hear someone drop a cliché or some kind of designer term for something ordinary?

I stop taking people seriously.

And, they want a 1 million dollar home for 150K! LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And, they want a 1 million dollar home for 150K! LOL

THAT drives me CRAZY!  I always want the realtor to be upfront and honest and say something like yes, it would be nice to have stainless/granite/open floor plan/luxury/all done in your colors yet you give me a paupers budget to work with.  To ME, 150K is a lot of money but not for real estate.  I live in an area where $500K will get ya a one bedroom condo that needs updating.  Which is why I am a renter!

I find Heather and her husband interesting.  That said I would hate to live somewhere that I NEED a walkie talkie to find my husband.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I'm from the area and I mostly remember Carolands as "the place my friends would drive by late at night, trying to get a look inside."

The Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance had an opening event there. I wanted to go, but it was a little rich for my blood. I'll have to check out that lottery!

Hope I didn't bring up bad memories for you. (If you are local you know what I am referring to, I'm sorry if the girls were friends of yours.

If you go direct to the Carolands website and go into events you can enter the lottery (the tours are free!).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size