Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Whistlin' Past the Graveyard

• Start Topic

Alex is hoping to impress investors at Pac-Gen North, but when he hears disturbing news about skeletons on the construction site grounds, he enlists Richard to help with distraction tactics. Teddy feels the pressure to be super-mom after tasking herself with creating original Halloween costumes for Allison and Leo, while Meredith fears she won't make it home in time for trick-or-treating with her kids. Elsewhere, Jackson tends to a pediatric patient who is upset she is spending her Halloween in a hospital.

Promo:

Original air date: 10/31/19

"Ginger Beer" 🤣

I like the jail guard: "You can go with sad mom."

Why is a little kid being allowed to wander around with an IV pole by himself?

Did it not occur to Jo to wash her face and borrow some scrubs if she's gonna help at Alex's hospital?

Way to make Tom's story about why he doesn't like Halloween all about you, Bailey.

Sorry, Zombie Babies were adorable.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I like the jail guard: "You can go with sad mom."

The guard is officially my favorite character.

The cellmate was totally conning Meredith, correct?

Why is Bailey, who is 1) a doctor, and 2) a woman who has given birth once before, acting like she has no idea what to expect during pregnancy.

When Amelia is your most likeable character, your show has seriously gone off the rails.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Deloser has no business talking about Derek's tumor on the wall. None. That fool was still in diapers when that happened. Krista & Co are trying way too hard to make him happen. Taking the kids to school? Bet he didn't have a car seat for little Ellis in the car he borrowed from his sister. And the scene of him talking to Zola about her beloved dad reeked of desperation. Him and Maggie were so much better and more palatable together.  

Such a shame how they dumb Miranda down and make her neurotic. 

Hi Link! 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9

Wow...Bailey is basically a shadow of her former self, isn't she? No, show, having an overly emotional Bailey isn't cute. Making it seem like she's a hysterical pregnant woman isn't funny to me. I was hoping that they'd actually show that she's gone through this before and she isn't so incompetent that she needs to actually ask for advice from Amelia. 

And I totally get that some pregnancies are harder and that this pregnancy is clearly different from her first. But there's a difference between showcasing two different pregnancies for Bailey and making her look like an idiot who's never been pregnant or been around pregnancies before. 

That being said, before Bailey hysterically burst into tears, Tom's Halloween story about his son was sad. Again, THAT'S the Tom I've wanted to see. And his weird dickish behaviour in this episode was actually connected to the loss of his son! I like seeing him get to share his story without making it a huge deal, as if he's trying to keep his dead son a secret. 

But really, I WILL need to see Tom tell Owen because I need to see Owen's face crumble when he flashes back to what he said when Tom punched him last season.

The Link/Amelia stuff was decent. I always appreciate more Link, and I'm glad to see Amelia be a supporting character to Link. I love their relationship.

I also laughed REALLY hard at the show trolling us with Jo pranking Alex during their wedding with the pregnancy lie. You got me for a second, show. 

I hope Meredith learned something from her cellmate because she was REALLY turning into an annoying narcissist with her concern about her privileged life becoming a tiny bit less privileged. 

I rolled my eyes at the Deluca/Zola scenes for a little while. I thought it was sweet to make the moment about Zola hearing stories about her dad, but I think it was a tad awkward that Deluca was retelling a story that he was never there for. And no, show, I DO NOT think that Deluca is father material. He still felt like a glorified babysitter with his scenes with Zola.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I also laughed REALLY hard at the show trolling us with Jo pranking Alex during their wedding with the pregnancy lie. You got me for a second, show. 

I was like, "no, no, no, no, I cannot handle another pregnancy this season, NO!" so was quite relieved when it was a joke... still, I wouldn't be surprised if Jo didn't end up pregnant because this show is handing out pregnancies like Oprah hands out cars.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

The cellmate was totally conning Meredith, correct?

That hadn’t occurred to me but that might be interesting if she was, and Meredith bailing her out comes back to bite her in the butt.

39 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I also laughed REALLY hard at the show trolling us with Jo pranking Alex during their wedding with the pregnancy lie. You got me for a second, show

They got me too. I was all, WHAT?! Another one?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That being said, before Bailey hysterically burst into tears, Tom's Halloween story about his son was sad. Again, THAT'S the Tom I've wanted to see. And his weird dickish behaviour in this episode was actually connected to the loss of his son! I like seeing him get to share his story without making it a huge deal, as if he's trying to keep his dead son a secret.

Were we supposed to know that Tom had a son?  (I can't remember anything about his backstory.)  I honestly thought that after he told the story he was going to say that it was a joke and he made it all up (since he has been portrayed as a total jerk lately).  But (although a dead son is sad), I liked the story because it made me like him better. 

I never thought that Meredith's cellmate was conning her, but I'll bet that we haven't seen the last of her (is there room in Meredith's house for one more adult and some kids?). 

• Love 5

Nice to see that Link has his own family drama. Hey, if anyone can sympathize with that, it's Amelia. And she handled it like she experienced it before and she seemed almost amused by that.

I wonder how long will the jailhouse straight talk Mer received will stick? At least it gave her perspective or the overdue wake-up call.

Ha! to the pregnancy fake-out by Jo. For a second there I thought there were  going for the trifecta (with Bailey and Amelia) but I think it's good thing they're not. She's still working out her own issues and Alex is up to his neck with trying to make sure the hospital doesn't flame out so a baby would bring too much stress to their relationship.

Owen and Teddy. I still don't get it. The show is trying too hard to make them the OTP, and they're telling me that Owen has gotten over being super judgemental or was it only with Amelia

• Love 7
1 minute ago, BooksRule said:

Were we supposed to know that Tom had a son?  (I can't remember anything about his backstory.) 

Yes, when April was having a hard time with her son’s death, Tom told her about his son.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, redfish said:

Owen and Teddy. I still don't get it. The show is trying too hard to make them the OTP, and they're telling me that Owen has gotten over being super judgemental or was it only with Amelia

Well, next week it seems we have Owen yelling at Amelia in the stairwell, offended that she had the audacity to get pregnant by and be happy with another man when she didn't want kids with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

Were we supposed to know that Tom had a son?  (I can't remember anything about his backstory.)  I honestly thought that after he told the story he was going to say that it was a joke and he made it all up (since he has been portrayed as a total jerk lately).  But (although a dead son is sad), I liked the story because it made me like him better. 

Yeah. We found out way back in season 14, after he slept with April and told the story about how he lost his son as a way to relate to her losing her faith. It was also implied last season when Tom punched Owen after Owen insulted Tom and practically said that he'd be a crappy father (not knowing that Tom is a father). I think it was mentioned only one other time, but I can't remember to who.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Linc, I love you but next time you want to introduce your girlfriend to your parents, give her a warning so she can dress for confidence. Also, that's not how double majoring works.

Why is Koracik talking about Canada limiting trick or treating at 16?  There are half a dozen US cities that ban it after 12.

I get why Bailey is floundering trying to deal with her surprise pregnancy. She's a control freak and there is no control over this. But they need to tone it down and not play it for slapstick.

2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Deloser has no business talking about Derek's tumor on the wall. None.

No one else is doing it. And Zola needed someone to keep her memories of Derek alive.

• Love 13

This show sucks so bad. I can barely watch it anymore. Deluca needs to just fuck off too. I’ll never stop going on about how shitty of a couple they are. Now he’s all involved with her kids. Whatever. I’m over the Meredith jail crap too. What a horrible season so far and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to get any better.

• Love 10

I liked this episode. I was happy to see Alex being a competent doctor even though they are really leaning into the other hospital being a hole. I hope he stays there and turns it around. I liked he & Jo and was relieved when her pregnancy announcement was a joke. There's plenty of babies already.

It was nice of Meredith to help the woman but could she not spend 10 minutes with her kids before calling the lawyer? I also think it was a wasted opportunity to have DeLuca talk to Zola about her father. It should have been Meredith. If not her it should have been Amelia. Even Richard or Bailey would have been better because they had a relationship with Derek.

I'm not sure I can take months and months of weepy Bailey.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

No one else is doing it. And Zola needed someone to keep her memories of Derek alive.

People will just literally find any excuse to shit on DeLuca at this point.

Miranda Bailey for basically the last three seasons and especially this season...

giphy.gif

Maggie's passive-aggressive "fuck you" to Jackson made me laugh out loud, I admit.

I completely think Meredith's cellmate was conning her, and I kind of hope she kills Our Lady of the Sun because I can't with her self-appointed beatification.

Something-something Teddy and Owen are horrible, and Contacts is the worst, whatever.

This was rough, but Linc and Amelia (and Patty Chase!!) (and Tom's moment of humanity before Bailey made it all about her) were basically an oasis in the middle of a desert made of fetid shit.

• Love 8

It's always been ridiculous how the show tries to pretend Sloane Grey is the only decent hospital in Seattle, but all the mishaps at Pac North make it look like a straight up parody. Not interesting to watch in any way.

I don't think the cell mate is a con artist, but I'm sure one of her kids will develop a rare/mysterious medical condition and she'll seek out Meredith for help. Or maybe I'm just biased because the actress (Isadora Goreshter) played a shady character on Shameless for many years, so I don't want to see her in the same role on this show.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Re: preview for next week--idiot Owen, you don't get to rage at Amelia for having a baby with someone else, especially on account of YOUR new baby with someone else. Toad.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, maasa said:

It was nice of Meredith to help the woman but could she not spend 10 minutes with her kids before calling the lawyer? 

This bugged! Self centered Mer cant spend 10 minutes with her kids before running off to again be the great white savior of someone else. Her kids are being passed around like ham sandwiches, have to hear stories about their dead father from basic strangers that never knew him and she can’t even take an hour to ask how they’ve been or look at their costumes or anything at all! Worst mother ever.

Amelia and Linc again saved the episode for me, Shonda better make sure their contracts are air tight as they are all that is saving this dumpster fire of a show right now.

• Love 8

Jo's accent in her first scene was all over the place which was really distracting.

If Pac North is out of money, how the hell did they just buy a new MRI? Those are ridiculously expensive.

OMG, Angela Chase's mom! And Svetlana from Shameless!

Wow, two weeks in a row I get the Koracik I remember from two seasons ago? Keep it up, show! Hopefully Bailey will stop full on hating him now that she has seen he's human.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

that's not how double majoring works.

At some schools, there is a graduation for each department. Other universities divide the majors into different schools/colleges and have separate graduations for each school so if you had one major in the college of letters and another major in the college of science, then you would have two graduations to attend.

Having multiple graduations is more common at larger universities because when you have 3000-6000 undergrads graduating each year, no one wants to sit through listening to every single one of those names being read (and that's if your school even has a stadium large enough to fit the friends and family of 6000 students - my school only allows you to have 15 tickets per graduate but some schools have stricter limits due to the seating capacity of the graduation venue).

• Love 5
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also, that's not how double majoring works.

I thought that, too, but my college graduating class was just under 400 students (we were the "largest freshman class ever" with just over 400...but then every subsequent incoming freshman class, at least while I was there, was the largest ever, so...), so there was only one ceremony. But then I remembered my brother went to a big state university and I'm pretty sure his graduation was broken up into smaller groups, so depending on the specific majors you might have two ceremonies..

• Love 2
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also, that's not how double majoring works.

It can be.  At my universtity different colleges graduated at different times so a degree in humanities would graduate at a different time than business or a science degree but history and political science which were in the same "college" would graduate at the same time.   So in my personal university it would have worked out fine.  My friend was pre-med and he had two ceremonies one in bio and one in political science.   But it was a much harder road because my history/political science double required the same corps classes his bio degree and poli-sc degree did not.

7 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

and Contacts is the worst, whatever.

I don't love how glasses hasn't really gained any confidence over the millennia that he has seemed to work at this hospital but I can't hate on him this episode because of the genuine delight he showed when the boy said he wanted to be a sunflower.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

* i was distracted thinking how if I was Meredith or her adult people, the first thing I would want after getting out of jail was a shower. And I don't think they send you home in your jail clothes

* points for some continuity with Amelia spewing various backstory including that a few months ago Lync was trying to date Meredith. Also I think Amelia made a throw away remark about what jail was like--so I think that's a throwback to her being on drugs?

* I liked Jackson trying to do an Alex imitation

* the double major thing was weird. No way someone double majors for the sole purpose of giving his parents separate graduations to go to. That's just too much for me to buy.

* I think Meredith's cell mate was conning her based on how she left the cell and possibly is going to be come a psycho stalker type person. Hope not. I don't watch Grey's for those storylines.

* I still hate Glasses and could do without him on screen. At all. I also don't buy random kid wandering around because he can't find a costume. No parents? No guardian? He's so long term that there is no adult stopping by at all?

* please stop making Bailey so over the top. I get pregnancy hormones. They are real but it's over the top. Bring back competent Bailey. They could make her a mixture of "can't believe how much I forgot about being pregnant" plus "competent doctor."

• Love 11

Jackson is still really the only doctor right now who reminds me that this place is a teaching hospital.. He's been a solid guy these last few weeks.. And Maggie wasn't a mess either.. So of course next week they'll be acting like wild 12 year old again probably... That's really all I got for this week

• Love 6
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Well, next week it seems we have Owen yelling at Amelia in the stairwell, offended that she had the audacity to get pregnant by and be happy with another man when she didn't want kids with him.

I've never been a huge fan of Owen.. Tho I don't dislike him as much as others on the board... Him and Amelia shoulda never got together.. But they did and while we can blame it all on the tumor if we want... She put him thru it as well.. And for a guy who was so gung ho about having kids.. And for her to be so gung ho against it.  To then fall pregnant so soon after.. If it were me.. Even if I'm totally happy in my current situation.. I'd feel a way about it... Looks like he goes his usual way overboard from the previews... 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Even if I'm totally happy in my current situation.. I'd feel a way about it... Looks like he goes his usual way overboard from the previews... 

I don't blame him for feeling however he feels, but the way he was yelling at her in the preview...gee, I can't imagine why she wouldn't want to have kids with him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

While not specifically commenting on this episode, I'm going on a hair rant. 

• I'm sick of that godawful wig Bailey's got slapped on her head
  • Link's haircut looks weird and makes him look dorky because it's too short around the side and back
  • I hate Amelia's hairstyle with the chopped off ends that I've mainly seen on some women on tv 
  • Meredith needs a new hairstyle, instead of wearing it long and looking like a teenager

End of hair rant.

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

No guardian? He's so long term that there is no adult stopping by at all?

I don't know in today's hover culture that I buy he has nobody hanging around, but it isn't like glasses was helping him find a costume for an entire 12 hour shift.  Having no parents there for the 2 hours or so that it probably took to find and make a costume seems more plausible than he has no adult stopping by at all.  

My brother was in traction for 6 weeks and the stories he tells about the kids running all about the children's ward while he was stuck in bed make it seem like a parent free bacchinallia... but these are quite old recollections for a person who was a small child at the time.   But I do know that my mom worked and she came straight from work and stayed with him but he had not parental supervision from 8 to 6.   

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I don't know in today's hover culture that I buy he has nobody hanging around, but it isn't like glasses was helping him find a costume for an entire 12 hour shift.  Having no parents there for the 2 hours or so that it probably took to find and make a costume seems more plausible than he has no adult stopping by at all.  

My brother was in traction for 6 weeks and the stories he tells about the kids running all about the children's ward while he was stuck in bed make it seem like a parent free bacchinallia... but these are quite old recollections for a person who was a small child at the time.   But I do know that my mom worked and she came straight from work and stayed with him but he had not parental supervision from 8 to 6.   

I think the thing for me (what annoys me) is that I'm not a fan of the storylines of "doctor spends a bunch of time doing some job that has nothing to do with medicine." Not that I want to see Glasses at all but planning the party was enough over the top for me; hanging out for what seemed like quite a long time going through costume ideas, then making a costume was just no.

The kid was cute though.

My personal experience with children in hospitals has been full time adult presence but that is linked to (luckily) our stays being short and involving situations where I was adamant "you need an advocate." Nurses are awesome but when your child has trouble speaking coherently due to surgery it helps to have mom assist with the bathroom situations. . .

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

* i was distracted thinking how if I was Meredith or her adult people, the first thing I would want after getting out of jail was a shower. And I don't think they send you home in your jail clothes

When she was leaving, she asked the guy at the desk for a favour.  I guess it was this so she could come home wearing a "costume".

55 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

While not specifically commenting on this episode, I'm going on a hair rant. 

• I'm sick of that godawful wig Bailey's got slapped on her head
  • Link's haircut looks weird and makes him look dorky because it's too short around the side and back
  • I hate Amelia's hairstyle with the chopped off ends that I've mainly seen on some women on tv 
  • Meredith needs a new hairstyle, instead of wearing it long and looking like a teenager

End of hair rant.

I thought Link's long hair looked like a wig.  And now the short hair does too, at the back where the longer bits don't seem to match the short back and sides.

• Love 2

This season is not so good at all, but I cracked up laughing--multiple times upon rewind--at the vampire babies. Leo and his lolipop in particular looked extremely demented. What in the heck was Teddy thinking? I loved it, though.

I also like Amelia's shorter hair, though it could use a professional trim. LOL

• Love 4

Amelia and Link are cute together. I think they might actually work well and work in the long term. 

Alex and Jo are good together as well. 

Loved Zola's sass. The actress is cute and a good actress. It was definitely not DeLuca's place to talk about Derek. He doesn't know Derek, did not have any interaction with him at all, and I doubt Mer has told him much about Derek. He is really trying to insist himself where he should't. Bailey, Richard, Alex, Jo- those I would understand telling her stories about her dad. Poor girl has to deal with DeLuca. Him and Mer are barely in a relationship, more like just hooking up, he should not be there to take care of the kids. This "relationship"frustrates me so much. They are trying to so hard to make him liable but he is not, at least when he is trying to be Mer's "boyfriend". I still believe Koracick would be a much better choice and partner for Mer. 

Also have the writers forgotten Alex and Mer are friends, where is he all this time that Mer har been away. He would have definitely been there, but I guess they are trying to rewrite all characters and trying to make DeLuca happen. 

Could care less about Owen and Teddy. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Linc, I love you but next time you want to introduce your girlfriend to your parents, give her a warning so she can dress for confidence. Also, that's not how double majoring works.

Actually, it kinda is how it works.

Many large state and private schools have multiple ceremonies (one for each college within the university), which are often more meaningful to students than the large commencement ceremony in the football stadium or a large nearby arena. 

So depending on where someone went to school, totally possible. Especially if someone got, say, a BS in science and BA in English.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Why did Alex and Jo have to get married again? Was their first marriage invalidated for some reason? Or did they get a divorce? I missed something.

I think that was the "favor" Meredith asked the guard as she was leaving - to keep the prison garb and use as a Halloween costume since she didn't have time to get one. (The favor wasn't to bail out her cell mate, she called her lawyer for that after she got home.)

Of course it was his place. Both Meredith and Maggie have put him in the position of watching after Zola. If she's pissed off at him or is acting funny with him he should do exactly what he did: ask her nicely why she is mad at him. It got her to explain and he was able to help her out. 

Honestly, I understand some fans don't want DeLuca and Meredith together but geez, this guy can't win no matter what he does. He has a perfect right to talk to Zola about anything he wants if he's put in charge of watching her, so long as it's child-appropriate. She's the one who brought up Derek, he told her a nice story about him, and people are tearing their hair out over it like he has no right to mention the saintly Derek Shepard? Wow.

THIS! Look, I prefer Mer with Koracick myself, but I don't like the idea of "censoring" adults from talking about people that they don't personally know. If that was the case, then we shouldn't talk about any historical figures in any of our history classes, ever. See how silly that is?  

It's utterly ridiculous to judge DeLuca for talking about Derek, especially since Zola was the one who brought him up. DeLuca talked about what he knew and did not act like he knew Derek oh so well. 

No, I think what DeLuca did was fine for the situation.

• Love 17

I couldn't figure out why Maggie was calling Andrew, Dr Delucca to Zola but then I realized kids call adults Mr. or Ms. but doctors are different so he would be Dr. Delucca.  

People who lost parents like hearing stories about them.  Yes Meredith tells them stories and they have their own memories but it's nice when you meet someone who knew your parent and they talk about them-so giving Deloser a pass on this one

Edited by dmc
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

THIS! Look, I prefer Mer with Koracick myself, but I don't like the idea of "censoring" adults from talking about people that they don't personally know. If that was the case, then we shouldn't talk about any historical figures in any of our history classes, ever. See how silly that is?  

It's utterly ridiculous to judge DeLuca for talking about Derek, especially since Zola was the one who brought him up. DeLuca talked about what he knew and did not act like he knew Derek oh so well. 

No, I think what DeLuca did was fine for the situation.

I would have to say talking about historical figures, learning about history and all that is totally different, from a guy your mom is in a vague relationship with your mom, telling you about your dead father, whom he has never met. Two totally different situations. But it really was Maggies fault to leave her with him to being with.  

22 minutes ago, dmc said:

I couldn't figure out why Maggie was calling Andrew, Dr Delucca to Zola but then I realized kids call adults Mr. or Ms. but doctors are different so he would be Dr. Delucca.  

People who lost parents like hearing stories about them.  Yes Meredith tells them stories and they have their own memories but it's nice when you meet someone who knew your parent and they talk about them-so giving Deloser a pass on this one

I understand kids, even adults would love to hear these stories, but here is the thing with this case, Deloser as you put it, lol, does not know her dad. 

Edited by catspjs
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, jschoolgirl said:

I think she was asking him about posting bail for her cellmate.

I dunno.  He was just the jail clerk.  He wouldn't have anything to do with bail.  That would be the courts.

• Love 1

Re: preview for next week--idiot Owen, you don't get to rage at Amelia for having a baby with someone else, especially on account of YOUR new baby with someone else. Toad.

Eh, I get it. Owen's always wanted children, so it's not surprising that he finally got what he wanted. Amelia said she didn't want kids, now she's having one with someone else. It's the equivalent of being in a relationship for years, you want to get married, your partner said that they don't want to, you break up, and then they're engaged to someone else. The issue wasn't that they didn't want to get married, they just didn't want to marry you. That's going to hit the ego hard. 

I was fine with DeLuca talking to Zola about Derek. What else was he supposed to do? I also thought that Zola's sass came out of nowhere. Mer said last week that he's good with the kids, and now Zola's giving him attitude? I get that DeLuca and Meredith aren't in it for the long haul, but this is ridiculous. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Why did Alex and Jo have to get married again? Was their first marriage invalidated for some reason? Or did they get a divorce? I missed something.

They never actually filed the marriage certificate for some reason (lost in the shuffle or whatever; I think one of them found the envelope later and realized they never mailed it).

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I don’t think it’s bad for deluca to talk to Zola about Derek. It seems like that’s what she needed in the moment and Deluca tried to step up for her. 

The frustration comes from krista taking what would be a great moment if it was literally any one of the dozen characters on the show who did know Derek and making it a genuine emotional moment for the characters and the audience and instead choosing this moment to try and push merluca. 

• Love 11

Deloser can talk to Zola about anything, yes. But since it was about Zola feeling sad about her dad, someone who actually KNEW Derek should be telling her stories about him. Aunt Maggie. Aunt Amelia. Miranda Bailey. Alex, Richard. Her mother, for goodness sakes! 

What bothers me about Deloser telling the tumor story is, not only did he not know Derek, he wasn't around when that happened. He's telling that story so far removed from it. The whole setup was disingenuous and a ploy to show how "great" he is with Meredith's kids and that he can be a father figure. Another way to force this pairing.

The moment would've been much more meaningful coming from someone who had a real connection to Derek. 

Heck, between Koracick feeling sad about his son, and Zola feeling sad about her dad, plus Koracick having known Derek (he made mention of it early season 15 when him and Meredith were allowed to interact), even he would've been an interesting/better option to talk to Zola.

YMMV

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9

This Koracik love is baffling... This Koracik should be with Meredith even moreso... How has he behaved any more maturely than Deluca?  Deluca almost got beat to death by Saint Alex and kept on trucking... He took the wrap for Meredith because she has kids.. He's a stand up dude... Koracik sleeps with emotionally vulnerable women he's unbelievably arrogant... He flirts with women in front of their significant others.. Teddy made her choice and he's still telling her every chance he gets how wrong she was.. Not to mention the bogus and punitive restraining order he's got on owen... Deluca is playing stepdaddy while Meredith is in jail.. And Amelia is busy meeting her future in laws... Saint Alex has his own hospital to run and he got married... Webber us at the other hospital and bailey was working... As someone with a loving and attentive stepdaddy.. I applaud Deluca... Maybe he didn't know Derrick ( who was a whole mess if you ask me)  but he's a famous doctor and Meredith must have at least explained a little about him.. He hasn't tried to replace or push himself where he's not needed.. And that's tough when the kids are older and Meredith is being Meredith.. But y'all gonna hate him no matter what.. Smh

• Love 14