Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Club

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Diane12251 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Christy Metz has gained more weight from the other seasons.  Perhaps they had a plot line where she lost weight, too, but then she put more on so that got scrubbed and changed to this one.  Christy Metz is beautiful, but she really does need to lose weight.  I don't think she's wearing a fat suit, right?

Maybe? You could be right. She’s beautiful and I absolutely love her clothes and her style. She always looks so put together. But her body composition is not at a healthy level, and I had selfishly hoped she would become healthier. It would be inspiring, not only for me but a lot of others as well I suspect. 

• Love 1
On 11/5/2019 at 5:28 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I was really enjoying Kevin and Cassidy as a friendship and was happy the show want going the obvious route by pouting them together. Guess that's out the window. I'm sure I'm alone on this once, but I'm still wishing Kevin and Sophie will find their ways back to each other.

Kate continues to be my least favorite.

I am much more interested in how Rebecca and Miguel got together than Rebecca's past with Jack, at this point.

I have a feeling that Cassidy will be his new love, and that they'll get married and have a child together.  Normally, I really like Jennifer Morrison's acting, but not so much as Cassidy.  She just seems very muted to me.  Like she has close to no personality.  Doesn't seem like Kevin's type at all.  I really wanted Kevin and Sophie to get back together, too, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen now.

I agree about Kate - she's my least favorite, too, especially after Episode 6.  I really don't like the way they are portraying Kate and Toby's relationship, and the way in which she is reacting to his weight loss and getting in shape (he does look very hot).  Christy Metz needs to get her act together and lose weight so Kate can be portrayed as not so humongous.  I know that probably sounds mean, but she seemed to be losing weight a couple of seasons ago, and now she looks much bigger than ever before.

I agree about Jack - going back and forth to their live together is getting a little tired at this point.  I love Jack, but they really need to move on.  I would like to see how Rebecca and Miguel got together as well.  I remember early on there seemed to be a lot of resentment toward him - like when he wanted to put on the Pilgrim hat and do the Thanksgiving stuff that Jack used to do.  I would like to see more in that vein, and see how their romance and marriage developed.  

1 hour ago, Diane12251 said:

I have a feeling that Cassidy will be his new love, and that they'll get married and have a child together.  Normally, I really like Jennifer Morrison's acting, but not so much as Cassidy.  She just seems very muted to me.  Like she has close to no personality.  Doesn't seem like Kevin's type at all.  I really wanted Kevin and Sophie to get back together, too, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen now.

I agree about Kate - she's my least favorite, too, especially after Episode 6.  I really don't like the way they are portraying Kate and Toby's relationship, and the way in which she is reacting to his weight loss and getting in shape (he does look very hot).  Christy Metz needs to get her act together and lose weight so Kate can be portrayed as not so humongous.  I know that probably sounds mean, but she seemed to be losing weight a couple of seasons ago, and now she looks much bigger than ever before.

I agree about Jack - going back and forth to their live together is getting a little tired at this point.  I love Jack, but they really need to move on.  I would like to see how Rebecca and Miguel got together as well.  I remember early on there seemed to be a lot of resentment toward him - like when he wanted to put on the Pilgrim hat and do the Thanksgiving stuff that Jack used to do.  I would like to see more in that vein, and see how their romance and marriage developed.  

I don't understand the "complicated" writers spoke about with Kevin and Cassidy. I hoped she was a friend only or Nicky's daughter or something so he could have a relationship without the casual sex that is so overused. Maybe still it will be in some way? They slept together so quickly and I like Nicky's line next week, "You slept with her, are you crazy?" or something to that effect and she signed divorce papers already. No counseling, nothing to help her son not endure a divorce. Then if she wanted to leave...but Kevin was too sexy I guess. 😕I will let it play out and see but I hope it's not the way it seems.

I thought Chrissy looked larger this season, I was thinking she just put on more weight or maybe is padded and losing and they'll have it noticeable later. Either way, the writers decided to make it all about her weight even when they hoped to just have it be about Kate.

22 hours ago, Norma Desmond said:

Nope. You're definitely not alone.

Sophie’s a fictional character but even so I’d hope she wouldn’t be so stupid as to break up with her fiancé to give Kevin a third chance.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, Diane12251 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Christy Metz has gained more weight from the other seasons.  Perhaps they had a plot line where she lost weight, too, but then she put more on so that got scrubbed and changed to this one.  Christy Metz is beautiful, but she really does need to lose weight.  I don't think she's wearing a fat suit, right?

If she isn't wearing a fat suit, then she has definitely become obese.  It's hard to even watch her.

I'm just catching up on the 4 episodes I had sitting in the DVR (damn you Succession and Jack Ryan).  I absolutely  LOVED the golf montage at the end.  I played it back three times and was truly fooled.  My 17 yo son was in the living room and I was in the family room - I was clapping and crying talking "he can golf, he can golf".  My son ran in the family room, looked at what I was watching, rolled his eyes and went back to Madden.