Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E13: Game Day

Drogo
Message added by Bort

Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

Here's my perspective on last episode and team:

Was happy they took 10 rookies...mainly because cutting one on last night of training camp is so not necessary. If this wasn't a reality show, I'm sure they would never stoop to such emotional torture. (*My whole conflict with show is that I'm glad it's on TV so I get to peer into this crazy world, but feel badly so much is edited and dragged out to make for the show's drama.)

I like Meredith and have secretly rooted for her since the beginning. As a former ballet dancer, I know the struggle of being thrown into something you think you can do (ballet dancers can be snobs and a bit elitist in the dance world) only to find out it's way harder than expected! I suspect Meredith is very sweet but thought she would never struggle like she did because it's for a "cheerleader gig". Anyway,hope she can continue improving....

The "reveal' was OK, but I felt a bit for the other 8 rookies, as it seemed to be more about: "hey, we didn't cut Lily or Meredith". But, everyone seemed ok with it, so I guess it was fine. (with all the heavy editing, who knows how it really went down.) Loved Phil bringing out the uniforms...I don't think I have ever seen that. 

I liked Victoria in this episode, as she seemed natural and unscripted (her A+++ing was cute and very true of a 19 year old) Good to see Kelli give her a correction about missing her mark, especially when the entire row missed it, and only she was called out for it. I liked Kelli in this episode too...it was the Kelli I've liked from past seasons- no hidden agendas, biting feedback, unprofessional cuts, bringing in guest choreographers, etc....and she and Judy running to the locker rooms was so funny! CMT needs to focus on the backstories of all the dancers - rookies & veterans, and what Kelli and Judy do besides what is shown. It's like CMT doesn't know what an interesting cast of characters they already have! Plus bring in more previous cheerleaders...Kashara, Nicole B. etc

I still don't get 'point'....neither girl can hold their own compared to quite a few. I know being a veteran is important for the triangle - and I agree - but I think once you are a 3 year veteran....you should be considered. It should have been Heather as point with Gina and *Maddie. (*only because she was in triangle last year...they rarely 'demote' dancers) I would then put Amy in Heather's spot and put Tess behind Heather. It's the perfect spot for a tall dancer who deserves a good spot but is not quite triangle material...Tess is all that.

Would like to see more of Hannah, barely saw any of her this year. I hope she, Caroline, Jaylyn, Amber, and Gina come back. (all of these would make a great 'point' : BEAUTY, TALENT,  BODY.  Rachel W has really grown on me, and I have always like Rachel A...she has a great figure and has a nice, modern look to her. Quite a few of them (EX: Lexie) have a very dated look to them...I think sometimes the styling of cheerleaders seems to be locked in a time capsule. I admit, I am not crazy about the look of Cici, Maddie, Amy, and feel the most underrated cheerleader award goes to Erin. She is the full package. 

Congrats to all 37....it will be interesting to see if there is a season 15.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

maybe she looks older than 20 because of all the heavy makeup

That ugly ugly ugly (did I mention ugly?) top doesn't help!

5 hours ago, fawn said:

the most underrated cheerleader award goes to Erin. She is the full package. 

Preach!  I'm still silently raging that she didn't get show group.  How???

• Love 10

I don't think having 37 with 36 performing is big deal as long as all 37 get paid for being there on game day. When I was a NFL cheerleader we auditioned every Thursday practice for the game. That was just how it was. If only 30 made cuts out of 40 thats what we went with. Sometimes everyone made it and sometimes not. I was fortunate to perform every game, but you had to make it past Thursday night cuts and weigh ins to perform on sunday. This is not unusual in the nfl. The girls that did perform on sunday still helped out before, during, and after the game, and still got paid. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

That ugly ugly ugly (did I mention ugly?) top doesn't help!

Preach!  I'm still silently raging that she didn't get show group.  How???

I really hope Erin gets SG next season. She was killing the hip hop numbers this season, despite being a ballerina. She is the best example of going away, doing your homework and coming back stronger. She looks like a completely different dancer to when she was first in TC when she got cut! 

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, BeautyOfDreams said:

I don't think having 37 with 36 performing is big deal as long as all 37 get paid for being there on game day. When I was a NFL cheerleader we auditioned every Thursday practice for the game. That was just how it was. If only 30 made cuts out of 40 thats what we went with. Sometimes everyone made it and sometimes not. I was fortunate to perform every game, but you had to make it past Thursday night cuts and weigh ins to perform on sunday. This is not unusual in the nfl. The girls that did perform on sunday still helped out before, during, and after the game, and still got paid. 

What team?  If you don't mind revealing it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I'm wondering now if the reason they took 37 is because the All-Stars are going to be in Nashville as part of the new show called "Nashville Stars"?

The filming was done in one week at the end of June.  They actually filmed in Los Angeles.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The filming was done in one week at the end of June.  They actually filmed in Los Angeles.

Interesting.  The website for the show, which is Nashville Squares, not Stars like I said earlier, says they're the official house dancers for the show.  That's alot of filming if they did a whole season in a week.

2 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

Interesting.  The website for the show, which is Nashville Squares, not Stars like I said earlier, says they're the official house dancers for the show.  That's alot of filming if they did a whole season in a week.

Only ten half hour episodes is what they had said originally, so that wouldn't be hard to tape.  Now those food shows that tape several eps a day, that would be hard to do.  You would be sick of eating 😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I really hope Erin gets SG next season. She was killing the hip hop numbers this season, despite being a ballerina. She is the best example of going away, doing your homework and coming back stronger. She looks like a completely different dancer to when she was first in TC when she got cut! 

Erin is the full DCC package!  She would be great in the point spot. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Someone "in the know"...When the cheerleaders have an outdoor rehearsal @ The Star, where is it? 

Isn’t down near the restaurant and theatre?  When I was there in May, it was where Jerry Jones parks his helicopter.  I watched jerry and his body guard fly off that evening.  His fleet is distinct.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Isn’t down near the restaurant and theatre?  When I was there in May, it was where Jerry Jones parks his helicopter.  I watched jerry and his body guard fly off that evening.  His fleet is distinct.

That sounds exciting! Jealous!

• Love 1

Erin Sauerhage is a tigress and a star. Her whole presence exudes class and beauty. She cried tears of joy with the her new team mates and she is always able to express herself. Transforming oneself is incredible hard and Erin did just that.

#TeamErin

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Erin is the full DCC package!  She would be great in the point spot. 

Definitely!  Best option they have for point next year IMO (assuming she stays of course).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Definitely!  Best option they have for point next year IMO (assuming she stays of course).

Better option than Brennan? 😊😊😊 You know I am just teasing, right? 😏

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, jlc said:

Better option than Brennan? 😊😊😊 You know I am just teasing, right? 😏

There is no better option for anything than Brennan, I'm just trying to be nice to Erin 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

Did the DCC have their Halloween party yet? Don't they usually have a few days before Halloween?

I hope not because at least a couple aren't really wise with their choice of costume.    They'd be better off just "come as you are."

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I hope not because at least a couple aren't really wise with their choice of costume.    They'd be better off just "come as you are."

Wasn't there some posters here who didn't care for Rachel W's costume (don't recall what it was)?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't there some posters here who didn't care for Rachel W's costume (don't recall what it was)?

Yeah she went as Bruno Mars. And it kinda looked like she made her skin darker to look like him. Although it was debated about whether it was just her normal orange tan that she has, or apartment lighting and all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I know quite a few 40-year-olds and nearly-40-year-olds (38/39) who look quite a bit younger than that pic of Victoria -- they go for the more natural makeup (no makeup look) so I'm sure that helps a lot. They really do just need to do a re-do with her -- makeup & hair -- and NOT at Tangerine salon, perhaps not even in the Dallas area . . .

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Erin Sauerhage is a tigress and a star. Her whole presence exudes class and beauty. She cried tears of joy with the her new team mates and she is always able to express herself. Transforming oneself is incredible hard and Erin did just that.

#TeamErin

The difference btwn the 1st year she tried out and the next year when she made the team was astonishing. She did what it took, worked her ass off and was amazing. Future hopefuls shud look to her for inspo. I’d take her, if Jalyn doesn’t get it, for point next year🤞🏼

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Remind me again...do all the girls have to audition? Or can they opt out of auditioning?

I’m pretty sure they can opt out. One year the beautiful Carissa opted out cuz she wanted to b able to work to help support her family. Loved her. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I’m pretty sure they can opt out. One year the beautiful Carissa opted out cuz she wanted to b able to work to help support her family. Loved her. 

Milan opted out which lead to the infamous convo with Kitty:/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I know quite a few 40-year-olds and nearly-40-year-olds (38/39) who look quite a bit younger than that pic of Victoria -- they go for the more natural makeup (no makeup look) so I'm sure that helps a lot. They really do just need to do a re-do with her -- makeup & hair -- and NOT at Tangerine salon, perhaps not even in the Dallas area . . .

These pics - her makeup is better and her hair color looks better.  I still like the honey blonde on her - not as harsh, doesn't overpower her features like the brassy blonde they are using on her now.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

These pics - her makeup is better and her hair color looks better.  I still like the honey blonde on her - not as harsh, doesn't overpower her features like the brassy blonde they are using on her now.

Does Victoria look like a blonde Lacey in the bottom pic or do I need my glasses checked?

• LOL 2
44 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Those pictures of Victoria are really pretty.   I agree that she looks a lot older than 19, but she doesn’t look “old” - just older than she is - some people just have a more mature look.  She could probably pass for 30 if she wanted to, but she’s still gorgeous.  

• Love 2

I think Victoria looks gorgeous in these two photos.  I used to dance, so I get the game-day makeup that can be seen all the way to the cheap seats, but I’ll never understand why they can’t have more fresh and natural-looking hair and makeup like this for their cameos and team photo.  This is an “America’s Sweethearts” look in my opinion. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

Of course. 

2019-10-31_211351.thumb.jpg.01e873f02e8f4b37374ab3c0eb4b24bc.jpg

Still shoving her down r throats?  Showcase some other girls please!! She’ll prolly b on the team for the next 8 yrs so calm down already. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And after the season is over, she will be featured in show group pics, calendar shoot, promos for next season if there is one, and she will be heavily featured as a second year vet even though we rarely see the second years.  She will be working with Melissa on coaching the TCC's and will probably assist Marshall with makeovers.  She will have a chair next to Kelli's and Judy's will be placed in the corner, or we will see VK come out to get the girls to bring them to the office.  She will teach the fitness segments, cooking segments, etiquette classes, etc.  And I can also see...…...it pains me to say it...…….but she may have her own stool in the office😂🤣

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

ITA - I am not a VK fan so I have no vested interest in how she looks, but I agree on all of these points. The hair color and makeup she's had during training camp really aged her but in these pictures, she looks much more her age. It's amazing how the right hair color and five pounds less of eyeliner/mascara can make you look younger.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted.

2 thoughts from this: 1) Tess needs more power if she is going to be front and center. Outdanced by Gina and Molly(?), who are right behind her.  2) Meredith has not improved....at all.  

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

2 thoughts from this: 1) Tess needs more power if she is going to be front and center. Outdanced by Gina and Molly(?), who are right behind her.  2) Meredith has not improved....at all.  

And Brennan looked amazing!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

All the girls looked boring in this to me. As for Meredith ... she's just a lost cause. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Savannah. I was so wrong.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Ok, there have been questionable selections in years past but Meredith boggles the mind. She’s still what Kelli refers to as a ‘dance risk’

• Love 7
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't remember what season it is, but Kelli is describing their look as a soft glamour.  Now I realize that the jumbotron gives "clarity" when they wear more makeup, but with all the new products, there has to be a way to make the girls look more natural - even at games.

And after the season is over, she will be featured in show group pics, calendar shoot, promos for next season if there is one, and she will be heavily featured as a second year vet even though we rarely see the second years.  She will be working with Melissa on coaching the TCC's and will probably assist Marshall with makeovers.  She will have a chair next to Kelli's and Judy's will be placed in the corner, or we will see VK come out to get the girls to bring them to the office.  She will teach the fitness segments, cooking segments, etiquette classes, etc.  And I can also see...…...it pains me to say it...…….but she may have her own stool in the office😂🤣

Funny, sad, and true to this whole post, but you left out point and pro bowl girl!!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't remember what season it is, but Kelli is describing their look as a soft glamour.  Now I realize that the jumbotron gives "clarity" when they wear more makeup, but with all the new products, there has to be a way to make the girls look more natural - even at games.

Probably give her a throne to please her and mommy dearest.

• LOL 3