Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E13: Game Day

Drogo
Message added by Bort

Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SuzySmith said:

Actually, I thought ALL of the giant cutout heads were obnoxious - not just Victoria's family.  I wondered if some smart photographer made it available to the parents from their cameo shots to purchase for the event.  

We have them for our VB team and I too think they are obnoxious but some parents love them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, omgtv said:

Maybe Jerry Jones has some weird superstition?  Rich CEOs have been known to make irrational decisions??????  🤷‍♀️

Honestly given the stories I’ve heard about Jerry, nothing would surprise me. 😂

• LOL 3

37 - Just my conjecture, maybe it's some softening and sensitivity to the girls who have life happening.  I remember Simone crying about missing a wedding.  Maybe K decided that she'd let the girls make some choices but they'd have to want it bad because they will miss a game to do it.

Lily - I love her now.  She won my heart with her real emotions.  She'll be a fine dancer once she calms down.

VK - I will never like the person she has revealed herself to be, but she worked hard and got the dance and look.  To anyone who knows nothing about these ladies, just the look on the field - she's all that and a bag of chips.

I really liked the episode.  It was fun!  I loved the squad reveal.  I loved the real emotions.  It reminded me of the old days.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, bwalker048 said:

Overall, this is good. But I am a little salty about Bridget's placement in this video.🧂🧂🧂

I agree. She got a bad placement especially compared to some Rookies. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Reveal video shot @ The Star 

I like last years better.

I feel like some of the rock stars and 3 year faves have sort of become after thoughts for the moment, like remember how Savannah and Molly were EVERYWHERE at first and now it’s like eh whatev? Also how TF is blender Lexie  now front and center of everything. I could never tell Lexie and alexis apart and now it’s where’s the brunette one and the blonde is EVERYWHERE.

they ending with Maddie eh 🤮🤮🤮 almost like they forgot about her. I wish they would. She’s so annoying. I feel like she comes off faker and secret mean girl suck up than any of them, and don’t get me started again on how bad a speaker she is or her looks. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I like last years better.

I feel like some of the rock stars and 3 year faves have sort of become after thoughts for the moment, like remember how Savannah and Molly were EVERYWHERE at first and now it’s like eh whatev? Also how TF is blender Lexie  now front and center of everything. I could never tell Lexie and alexis apart and now it’s where’s the brunette one and the blonde is EVERYWHERE.

they ending with Maddie eh 🤮🤮🤮 almost like they forgot about her. I wish they would. She’s so annoying. I feel like she comes off faker and secret mean girl suck up than any of them, and don’t get me started again on how bad a speaker she is or her looks. 

I like the ending because Amy seems to be so smug about point.  (Even though I admit that can totally just be a CMT edit)

• Love 11

Rachel A made the choice to miss a rehearsal....actions have consequences. Missing a rehearsal is just about the biggest faux pas in Kelli's "Book of DCC"... Rachel's consequence was sitting out the first game. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Rachel A made the choice to miss a rehearsal....actions have consequences. Missing a rehearsal is just about the biggest faux pas in Kelli's "Book of DCC"... Rachel's consequence was sitting out the first game. 

Well I’m sorry, but I’d pity any girl who would choose shaking her ass all day long for thirsty men and 150$ over attending a close friend’s wedding.

I like the video, but most girls were just thrown together and yet they had extra time for certain people like *ahem VK*.

They do seem to consider Maddie their official point...

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well I’m sorry, but I’d pity any girl who would choose shaking her ass all day long for thirsty men and 150$ over attending a close friend’s wedding.

Rachel made a choice, hers to make. One I actually agree with. However, she is under contract to DCC, with all it's nitpicky rules & regs...She made her choice and accepted the consequence rather gracefully, IMO....

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

57 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Rachel made a choice, hers to make. One I actually agree with. However, she is under contract to DCC, with all it's nitpicky rules & regs...She made her choice and accepted the consequence rather gracefully, IMO....

Maybe Rachel is retiring after this year and she just doesn't give a shit anymore?  She could have been dismissed altogether (ala Kaitlin LeGrand).

15 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Maybe Rachel is retiring after this year and she just doesn't give a shit anymore?  She could have been dismissed altogether (ala Kaitlin LeGrand).

Having just watched the episodes with Kaitlin last night (I have no life, people!) I think it’s a totally different situation. Rachel probably worked everything out ahead of time, agreed to sit out the game in exchange for being able to go to the wedding/miss rehearsal. It didn’t seem like Kelli was upset with her, probably because she transparently worked everything out on the up and up! 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ve never understood why Charlotte is so against having more than 36 on the field for budget reasons, but that’s the reason I’ve been given behind the scenes over and over and over again. It makes zero sense because as I jokingly posted before, one of Charlotte’s Lanvin pants suits could cover the pay of the cheerleaders for at least a game or two 😂Plus the organization itself is the most valuable franchise in the world. $150 per game per cheerleader is nothing. Obviously they’ve had larger squads with everyone on the field in years past, so this is relatively new. 

I don't understand why Charlotte is inserting herself into the final decision making and stepping on the director's toes (Kelli's).  Oh right- Charlotte's daddy owns the team.  When Kelli said she had to sleep on the decision, Char commented "sleep well Kelli" (ending with a laugh).  What a mean woman.  The Jones family is lucky to have these girls- it should not be  the other way around.  Pay these girls what they are worth, which is no less than $500 per game.

Overall it was a fun season to watch, less the contrived drama toward the end.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

I don't understand why Charlotte is inserting herself into the final decision making and stepping on the director's toes (Kelli's).  Oh right- Charlotte's daddy owns the team.  When Kelli said she had to sleep on the decision, Char commented "sleep well Kelli" (ending with a laugh).  What a mean woman.  The Jones family is lucky to have these girls- it should not be  the other way around.  Pay these girls what they are worth, which is no less than $500 per game.

Overall it was a fun season to watch, less the contrived drama toward the end.

I’m no fan of Charlotte but she’s an accomplished woman in her own right and she’s smarter than her dad and her two brothers put together. If she had a penis she’d be in Stephen’s position.  Charlotte is an integral part of the organization and she’s Kelli’s boss. Each year Charlotte has final approval of the squad. So that part doesn’t irritate me, but I totally agree. She’s an ice queen and I don’t find her to be particularly friendly at all! 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

A wedding is hopefully a once in a lifetime event. With advance notice that should not be something you miss a game for. Being late or missing rehearsal without notice yes they should miss a game. 

3 hours ago, omgtv said:

I like the ending because Amy seems to be so smug about point.  (Even though I admit that can totally just be a CMT edit)

Considering her position in the triangle last year she may be happy to have any part in point at all. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Wahoodancer said:

Considering her position in the triangle last year she may be happy to have any part in point at all. 

Where was she last year? I missed last season when it was happening in real time, caught up on the boards and the episodes right before this season started.

7 minutes ago, Wahoodancer said:

A wedding is hopefully a once in a lifetime event. With advance notice that should not be something you miss a game for. Being late or missing rehearsal without notice yes they should miss a game. 

Considering her memory issues, lack of wow, and look you mean? Haha def what i mean. I’m mean. 

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

they show this where? in  the stadium during the game, local tv commercial..

Year  2 Vets is the biggest group, right ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Awww Phil brought out the uniforms

I loved that moment also! I like how they are recognizing that he's a popular guy!

On 10/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, meatball77 said:

I do wonder what they're doing about the formations though.  Being a understudy/swing who will actually perform is much harder than being in the same spot every time.  They have to know everyone's spot, where the formation changes are ect. . . .

This is something that I think Meredith is really going to struggle with.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, omgtv said:

Where was she last year? I missed last season when it was happening in real time, caught up on the boards and the episodes right before this season started.

Don’t remember exactly but I remember thinking “that’s far back for a fourth year”. I remember thinking the same thing for Jinelle during her fifth year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just watched the video.  Eww.  I don't like the talon nails that were focused on several times.  Is that the thing now, or is that just the thing in Dallas?

Taylor the rookie was so far back in her group she was barely in focus.  

And I agree... it's very clear Maddie is point.

• Love 2

In watching this episode, I have to say it was one of the least captivating finales I've seen. The whole bit of Charlotte being there and explaining the other "option" that Kelli had for finalizing the team just had such a weird vibe to it. The way she said it was just so casual like "well you do have the other option". When she said that I was like "since when has there been another option"?  As for the reveal to all the girls, I didn't like how that went down. They put Lily & Meredith through the angst of being called into the office sending their fear of being cut into overdrive. All their teammates see them being called to the office & they were probably thinking they both got cut.

And while it was cool to see how happy everyone was for both of them to make it (I was very happy for Lily), the whole thing about how they all essentially have to audition again before each game kind of ruined the moment. All these girls have been driving themselves full-bore through training camp and all of them (unless someone is dealing with injury or illness) should be assured of being able to dance. Now because Kelli was unable to buckle down & cut one last person (cough...Meredith...cough), everyone has to subject themselves to the last-minute stress of wondering if they will get to dance and they have to adjust their positions (which we all know Meredith excels at). They should have just stayed with the use of All-Stars filling in when needed. The only other thing that stuck out was VK's ++++++ comment. The whole humility bit and her going on about how she's matured just went out the window at that moment.

The taking of the team photo was underwhelming and I really don't get why Marshall insists on making VK's hair so big that she looks like a bobble-head. I mean with the outward curling layers she looked like she had Farrah Fawcett's 70s hair on steroids! Also I don't know who is responsible for doing their makeup, but a lot of girls had so many different shades between the color of their body and the color on their face. You would think that by this time, the makeup people would know how to even out skin tone.

The Meet the Team presentation had some bright moments as I was happy to see Dayton and seeing Amanda with her parents was sweet, but once again Tina Kalina just HAD to make her presence known. I was like "Tina, you don't need those huge cutouts of VK's head. Between her inflated ego & Marshall's styling, your daughter's head is big enough."

At least now we are at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how this constant shifting of the 37 girls plays out as the football season progresses. What will it mean for the team dynamics? Will it only cause more stress? Will it become a permanent thing in future seasons? Only time will tell.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

In watching this episode, I have to say it was one of the least captivating finales I've seen. The whole bit of Charlotte being there and explaining the other "option" that Kelli had for finalizing the team just had such a weird vibe to it. The way she said it was just so casual like "well you do have the other option". When she said that I was like "since when has there been another option"?  As for the reveal to all the girls, I didn't like how that went down. They put Lily & Meredith through the angst of being called into the office sending their fear of being cut into overdrive. All their teammates see them being called to the office & they were probably thinking they both got cut.

And while it was cool to see how happy everyone was for both of them to make it (I was very happy for Lily), the whole thing about how they all essentially have to audition again before each game kind of ruined the moment. All these girls have been driving themselves full-bore through training camp and all of them (unless someone is dealing with injury or illness) should be assured of being able to dance. Now because Kelli was unable to buckle down & cut one last person (cough...Meredith...cough), everyone has to subject themselves to the last-minute stress of wondering if they will get to dance and they have to adjust their positions (which we all know Meredith excels at). They should have just stayed with the use of All-Stars filling in when needed. The only other thing that stuck out was VK's ++++++ comment. The whole humility bit and her going on about how she's matured just went out the window at that moment.

The taking of the team photo was underwhelming and I really don't get why Marshall insists on making VK's hair so big that she looks like a bobble-head. I mean with the outward curling layers she looked like she had Farrah Fawcett's 70s hair on steroids! Also I don't know who is responsible for doing their makeup, but a lot of girls had so many different shades between the color of their body and the color on their face. You would think that by this time, the makeup people would know how to even out skin tone.

The Meet the Team presentation had some bright moments as I was happy to see Dayton and seeing Amanda with her parents was sweet, but once again Tina Kalina just HAD to make her presence known. I was like "Tina, you don't need those huge cutouts of VK's head. Between her inflated ego & Marshall's styling, your daughter's head is big enough."

At least now we are at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how this constant shifting of the 37 girls plays out as the football season progresses. What will it mean for the team dynamics? Will it only cause more stress? Will it become a permanent thing in future seasons? Only time will tell.

I felt like they put Lily through psychological torture by calling her into the office. Meredith too. Getting called into the office is not a good thing. But especially Lily who got cut at the same time last year. She thought she was going to get cut again. 

On 10/25/2019 at 10:18 PM, gotta watch said:

Could anyone please explain to me this 36-37 jazz? And why were they saying "There were 10 girls worthy of making this team?" I didn't understand the significance of 10 in that context. 
I'm so happy for Lily! 

They’ve taken more than 36 before. Then should have just let 37 perform at every game. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ve never understood why Charlotte is so against having more than 36 on the field for budget reasons, but that’s the reason I’ve been given behind the scenes over and over and over again. It makes zero sense because as I jokingly posted before, one of Charlotte’s Lanvin pants suits could cover the pay of the cheerleaders for at least a game or two 😂Plus the organization itself is the most valuable franchise in the world. $150 per game per cheerleader is nothing. Obviously they’ve had larger squads with everyone on the field in years past, so this is relatively new. 

$400 per game now, that’s two Lanvin suits! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Not a fan of the video. Some vets get like two seconds while some rookies got much longer? What's up with that? The Briana/Savannah/Amber? profile shot was a fail. Wonder if Amy was peeved that Maddie got the point shot at the end and she didn't.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Phil's suit and spats-style dress shoes when he came in with the uniforms on the field. Classy as always, Phil.

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, fungirllly1 said:

Regarding Victoria's hair.  I loved it, but then again I love big hair.  Her squad photo was one of my favs this year. 

Omg me too! I love big hair!! Especially now that mine is thinning. 

Ok board, don't jump on me, but as annoyed as I was with TPTB about VK, she herself did not bother me.  I think she is gorgeous and has a great figure.  I also really (virtually hiding) liked her A++++ Victoria comment.  I think it was genuine and seemed like she was really excited to make the team!   I still think TK was behind everything and I still do not like TK.  But VK is fine by me. 

Also, Lily has been a fave of mine since last season, but now, I think she is really gonna shine on the team!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Ok board, don't jump on me, but as annoyed as I was with TPTB about VK, she herself did not bother me.  I think she is gorgeous and has a great figure.  I also really (virtually hiding) liked her A++++ Victoria comment.  I think it was genuine and seemed like she was really excited to make the team!   I still think TK was behind everything and I still do not like TK.  But VK is fine by me. 

Also, Lily has been a fave of mine since last season, but now, I think she is really gonna shine on the team!

VK is young - 19.  Considering that she just realized a lifelong dream, her reaction was fantastic IMO. She's going to have her "kid" moments still.  I am excited to see her this year.

• Love 3

A few random thoughts...

I didn't care much for the reveal video this year. I don't like the music, but I am 56 so I blame it on my age. Why on earth was sweet Bridget so far back and barely in focus? I like both Amy and Maddie, but thought it a bit cruel to Amy to put Maddie as the point. 

As to the "roster" on the Cowboys website, they are in dire need of a decent editor. The cameo photos this year are better than last year, but IMO not as good as they could be.

I, like others here, would love to know the real reason Meredith is on the squad. If it is true that the gals (minus a few who I am sure will never miss being active each game, cough cough) will basically be auditioning each week to perform, that can't be at all good for stress levels and morale. 

Finally, what a horrible thing to do to Lily to pull her (and Kat) into the office on the last night, reminiscent of last year. I hate seeing peoples' emotions toyed with. The office scene plus allowing the squad to think Lily and Kat were cut, was pointless, cruel, drama.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I loved that moment also! I like how they are recognizing that he's a popular guy!

This is something that I think Meredith is really going to struggle with.

Hi my second time posting. Still figuring this site out. I agree Meredith would struggle, but think K&J would work around it. Keep Meredith in the back line and move the stronger vets up. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

VK is young - 19.  Considering that she just realized a lifelong dream, her reaction was fantastic IMO. She's going to have her "kid" moments still.  I am excited to see her this year.

She tuned 20 today 

7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Is it really $400 per game?????? When did that happen?????

Went into affect at the beginning on the season I believe and there hourly pay went up as well 

8 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Is it really $400 per game?????? When did that happen?????

It came out after the lawsuit...$400 per game, $12 an hour (up from $8) and the appearances are $100 per year as a DCC. Former came from articles I read a couple months back on the Dallas Morning News and ESPN, maybe, and I think the appearance fee info came from Shelly? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, omgtv said:

OT but girl, get yourself some Keranique. It is amazing and it works. Look for 20-25% off sales on The Skin Store. I bought a pile of Keranique shampoo/conditioner on Amazon when it was on sale this past summer and it has transformed my hair.

I heard about it from Cameran on Southern Charm via Instagram. I don’t have huge VK hair but I have to tell you it’s looking great! 

• Love 3
On 10/26/2019 at 1:48 PM, Bad Example said:

I guess.... I'm just glad Lily didn't get sacrificed for Meredith. 

Meredith has bad hair. So do I, but I'm not a DCC.  

I really look forward to the day when we find out the behind-the-scenes reason Meredith made the team.  She seems like a perfectly nice person and has a lovely face, but... BUT.  She looks out of place on the field even when she remembers the choreography.

Even with all her issues, I still would have taken Meredith over Lily (well I would have taken Shaina over both of them, but that’s another post).  Lily has the worst facials while dancing, her smile is awful, and her face is like someone frozen who needs to thaw out.   Not an ounce of sex appeal or personality either -  and her cameo is literally the worst.  At least Meredith shows signs of a personality, can move her face, is appealing, and has a pretty smile - and her facials while dancing are pretty.  I guess Lily can blend, which I guess is better then making obvious mistakes like Meredith may do, but if they just needed someone to blend, I’m sure they could have picked someone who has better facials than Lily to do that.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

We have them for our VB team and I too think they are obnoxious but some parents love them. 

They are a big thing around here for kids sports - people get then for the stands to root on their kid.   I agree they are pretty obnoxious.

12 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Tess looked really pretty in this.  Maddie at the end made me cringe.  Please make the next point someone glamorous - please!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 8
On 10/26/2019 at 1:08 PM, Mardo2044 said:

There is nothing Lisa has done or said, but I just don't like her.  She seems rehearsed.

See I like Lisa’s personality a lot more then I like her dancing or look.  She seems cool to me - liked her at the vet visit and thought she seemed genuine and funny during the cooking segment.   I’m not a fan of her dance style though - not feminine enough for my tastes, but that’s just my opinion.  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, PrincessLeia said:

I loved this episode. It was my favorite of this long and bizarre season. I was seriously sobbing for Lily. When she was being interviewed at the end, I was ugly crying. I am so happy she made the team..... I actually don’t think I’ve ever been this happy for anyone who has made the team. 

My info I gave earlier this season that Charlotte only allows 36 to dance at one time and that they’d be rotating girls was proven correct. It’s a $$$ thing and that’s the bottom line. No one believed me! I don’t share info that’s not credible! 

It doesn’t seem like anyone is an alternate.... everyone made the team and every week is an audition unless someone is injured. 

Thanks for sharing your info with us!  I believe one insider named Kat and Meredith as “alternates” and that does not seem to be correct. 

• Love 2