Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E13: Game Day

Drogo
Message added by Bort

Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

Huge thanks to the mods, the insiders, and the posters this year. I spent way more time than I should have on this board. 😂 

I’m so over Kelli and the dragging cuts out for drama reality tv bs. Meredeath could have pulled down the whole kick line or danced the wrong routine and she was still on the team. Lily got dragged into the drama and I felt bad for her.  

Amy, you are not “point”. You’re co-point at best. So glad she’s finally gone after this year. 

• Love 16

I loved this episode. It was my favorite of this long and bizarre season. I was seriously sobbing for Lily. When she was being interviewed at the end, I was ugly crying. I am so happy she made the team..... I actually don’t think I’ve ever been this happy for anyone who has made the team. 

My info I gave earlier this season that Charlotte only allows 36 to dance at one time and that they’d be rotating girls was proven correct. It’s a $$$ thing and that’s the bottom line. No one believed me! I don’t share info that’s not credible! 

It doesn’t seem like anyone is an alternate.... everyone made the team and every week is an audition unless someone is injured. 

• Love 24
7 hours ago, Trumi said:

Hi ya’ll I usually lurk in this forum, but I had to ask—is Kashara pregnant?!   Look in the background of the this episode around 16:40

She is not. It’s the dress. meet the team was fimed right before I saw her in person on for Texans vs cowboys game and she’s teeny tiny. 

• Love 8

I loved that the team picture and meet the team were a little shorter segments than previous seasons.  It just allowed the viewer to be excited for them with a sucession of scenes.

I'm happy for Lily, I loved seeing Taylor's grandpa, I thought Alanna's niece was very cute in her baby DCC outfit!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Trumi said:

Hi ya’ll I usually lurk in this forum, but I had to ask—is Kashara pregnant?!   Look in the background of the this episode around 16:40

I didn’t see her in this episode at all.  She was in the last one I think helping Judy.

Dear CMT, when filming the first game locker room scene, can we just drop the boob, blouse- knot shot? You've gotten a little better about the from the floor, up the curve of the ass shot; but I really don't like being eye to tit level with the DCC. K, thanks, bye!

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, Route66 said:

Nearly as horrible...the big posters of Victoria's head at the Meet the Team night. 

Proud mama, nothing more. Someone had the same kind of poster for Alana and no one seems to be annoyed by that. I don’t know why Victoria and her mom keep getting singled out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I loved the team announcement but it should've only been Lily running onto the field. 

Only 36 girls should've been picked for the team, period. Meredith should've been cut, the end. To see a vet like Rachel A have to sit out because Kelli has a girl crush isn't fair to Meredith or to the rest of the team.  Sad and disappointing. 

A++++ Victoria. I actually flipped a middle finger at the screen. The girl has not an ounce of humility. Instead of saying that last year was rough but she took the time to grow (like Lily did), she says she got beat up (by online fans as if some people didn't have good reason) and it was all worth it because Na-na na-na she made the team, eat it loser fans you're just jealous of my awesomeness! That being said, IMO she earned her spot on this year's team and yes, I still want to see less of her next year.

Wow Lisa is a little powerhouse, she outdanced Maddie and another vet in that short clip of Charlotte discussing her. 

Amanda, there's been some talk about whether she's the next Kalyssa, I never thought too much about it but now I'd hazard a guess and say no. There's something about every time I've seen her on this episode that seems genuine. She's very well-spoken and obviously knows she's on camera but I don't know, seems like her heart's in it. 

Poor Kelcey...Kat is obviously well liked and seems nice enough but when they said they were roommates I paused, Kelsey is clearly an introvert but what's worrisome is she does not appear assertive and may lack a little self-confidence. We introverts often need extrovert friends to drag us out the house and we can benefit from their openness. But Kat seems like the type that someone like Kelcey should only have in spaced out doses, and she should definitely be a non-live in friend. I can only imagine Kat wanting to have people over all the time and staying up late and dancing around the house and singing at the top of her lungs in the morning while unassertive Kelsey says nothing--too demure to speak up while she's drained of every ounce of energy and unable to recharge. Kelcey needs a roommate/friend like...

Alanna. Lily talking about Alanna as her constant and supportive friend really warmed my heart. It made me feel more compassionate for Lily, loved seeing the clips of her taking prep classes and it really showed Alanna in a beautiful light Dare I say that in this segment Lily reminded me a little of Brennan in that she didn't quit and worked on herself. 

Bridget. I too noticed how heartbroken she looked thinking either Meredith or Lily had gotten cut---what a team player!

This year's favorite rookies: Lisa, Lily, Kelcey and Kristin

This year's favorite vets: Cianna, Bridget, Alanna and Jalyn

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 24

I guess.... I'm just glad Lily didn't get sacrificed for Meredith. 

Meredith has bad hair. So do I, but I'm not a DCC.  

I really look forward to the day when we find out the behind-the-scenes reason Meredith made the team.  She seems like a perfectly nice person and has a lovely face, but... BUT.  She looks out of place on the field even when she remembers the choreography.

• Love 9

I spent way more time on this board than I should have but wouldn't change a thing! The intelligence, wit, passion, and humor of so many of your girls (and a few guys) was a real highlight on too many days to count. Sharing this season with you all, reading your comments and watching these girls go after their dreams has been inspiring--I choose to use the free time I now have to focus on exercise, reading and overall self-improvement. Going to miss you girls. 

See you all next year. Besos. 

• Love 18

WTF???  Everyone gets a trophy generation!

They learned 50 dances during Camp.  So, there is A LOT we did not see.

So, I won’t knock them on who they chose based on the few episodes we saw.

But, they made this season about Meredith! She is not beautiful! She looks like a horse and according to DCC bosses she makes a lot of mistakes.

Someone ....really, really, really, wanted her on the team.....that they even made a special #37 DCC spot for her!

What is going on?????? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

I spent way more time on this board than I should have but wouldn't change a thing! The intelligence, wit, passion, and humor of so many of your girls (and a few guys) was a real highlight on too many days to count. Sharing this season with you all, reading your comments and watching these girls go after their dreams has been inspiring--I choose to use the free time I now have to focus on exercise, reading and overall self-improvement. Going to miss you girls. 

See you all next year. Besos. 

I am not quite sure what to do now, now that the season is over, and the thread closed down, where do I find all my friends to keep up with everything? I didn't  even watch the show this year. I was so disgusted with all the VK crap last year that I could not watch another episode of her!! The pictures of her on the FBI page were almost too much

I luckily got all the info from all my "virtual" teammates here on the forum. I guess until next year I will just have to wait until next year. I really will miss all of you guys, well, almost all of you guys. 😂

• Love 12

The "Rachel not performing" thing didn't seem like a big deal to me.  The conversation with Kelli looked staged, going through the motions so we knew why all the rookies were performing.  I'm sure this sort of thing is pretty routine, sometimes life just happens and your friends get married... and I'm also sure that Kelli NEVER FORGETS.  

• Love 5

I am somewhat confused on this 36/37 girl making the team. I saw a video where Kelli was explaining how they would choose the girls that dance each week. I watched the show and it looked like all 37 made the team. Kelli made no mention of this alternate thing aka extra girl who would sit out ( obviously from a comment I used the wrong word so rephrased) I’m not a Cowboys fan so I really don’t know how many girls are on the field during sideline, triangle, and kick line at the games. I would think that swapping a girl in and out each game could affect the performance especially if they are in a different spots then they normally are.  
@ShellyB, did they take all 37 girls but are only having 36 cheer at each game? If that’s the case do all 37 come to the game and if so what do they do? 

Edited by Cruisegirl
6 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I am somewhat confused on this 36/37 girl making the team. I saw a video where Kelli was explaining how they would choose the girls that dance each week. I watched the show and it looked like all 37 made the team. Kelli made no mention of this alternate thing. I’m not a Cowboys fan so I really don’t know how many girls are on the field during sideline, triangle, and kick line at the games. I would think that swapping a girl in and out each game could affect the performance especially if they are in a different spots then they normally are.  
@ShellyB, did they take all 37 girls but are only having 36 cheer at each game? If that’s the case do all 37 come to the game and if so what do they do? 

There are no alternates! No one is an alternate. Charlotte only allows 36 on the field. She allowed them to take 37 in case of injury, if everyone was healthy they audition and someone has to sit out. How they come up with this someone hasn’t really been explained, other than it’s a weekly audition.  

• Love 3

If the last cut was going to come down to Meredith or Lily, then I'll suck it up and deal with Meredith because I feel like she was in no matter what. I think the idea of having a rotating squad is fairly popular, even among high school and college teams so I have no issues with the DCC doing it as well. 

Bridget's face when she thought Lily got cut was heartbreaking to see, but seeing them mob Meredith and Lily was awesome.

I thought last year's squad photo was the worst in history, but this year was a doozey...in the future, maybe take more time Judy? 

39 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

WTF???  Everyone gets a trophy generation!

They learned 50 dances during Camp.  So, there is A LOT we did not see.

So, I won’t knock them on who they chose based on the few episodes we saw.

But, they made this season about Meredith! She is not beautiful! She looks like a horse and according to DCC bosses she makes a lot of mistakes.

Someone ....really, really, really, wanted her on the team.....that they even made a special #37 DCC spot for her!

What is going on?????? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Makes you wonder what Melena thinks about this whole 37 business.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

There are no alternates! No one is an alternate. Charlotte only allows 36 on the field. She allowed them to take 37 in case of injury, if everyone was healthy they audition and someone has to sit out. How they come up with this someone hasn’t really been explained, other than it’s a weekly audition.  

Oops, sorry I chose a incorrect word. Geez!!! 

• LOL 3

You could sub people and not move the rookies around. Move around the experienced ones.

Rookies: I liked watching Meredith dance. I liked Lily, Brandi, Lisa. Kat is gorgeous but I find her exhausting. 

I like Bridget, and many vets. I wish I looked like Rachel W. 😉

Edited by Duffer
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Proud mama, nothing more. Someone had the same kind of poster for Alana and no one seems to be annoyed by that. I don’t know why Victoria and her mom keep getting singled out. 

Easy -- they're disgusting human beings.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

There is nothing Lisa has done or said, but I just don't like her.  She seems rehearsed.

She seems far more authentic than Rachel W.  Now that girl is rehearsed!  She comes across hollow.  Lily’s smile seems more natural than RW!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Bad Example said:

Meredith has bad hair. So do I, but I'm not a DCC. 

She really does!  When it's freshly washed and styled it's lovely, but once she's been dancing for a while it's a wet, sweaty rat's nest.  I would say that's normal for anyone but I've never seen another DCC have hair like that. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, VintageJ said:

I’m thinking one reason they took 37 this year is because the allstars are dancing in the new game show on CMT that they highlighted during one of the commercial breaks.  So now that the allstars are not as readily available, they have an alternate already there.

Filming was done in one week earlier this summer.

5 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

According to Kelli, the DCC is the Ivy League of cheerleading, so maybe someone got the idea for rich parents to pay to get their daughters on the squad:)

4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Easy -- they're disgusting human beings.

I don't think too much of some of VK's acquaintances either after one started the "Gina quit" rumor. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Filming was done in one week earlier this summer.

According to Kelli, the DCC is the Ivy League of cheerleading, so maybe someone got the idea for rich parents to pay to get their daughters on the squad:)

I don't think too much of some of VK's acquaintances either after one started the "Gina quit" rumor. 

let the indictments begin...

1599116859_ezgif.com-resize(5).gif.8e47ed8288f2aa58d9c61169212ad3cb.gif

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 13
6 hours ago, kerrieway said:

A++++ Victoria. I actually flipped a middle finger at the screen. The girl has not an ounce of humility. Instead of saying that last year was rough but she took the time to grow (like Lily did), she says she got beat up (by online fans as if some people didn't have good reason) and it was all worth it because Na-na na-na she made the team, eat it loser fans you're just jealous of my awesomeness! That being said, IMO she earned her spot on this year's team and yes, I still want to see less of her next year.

This made me think about something. I think that the team is doing a great disservice to the legacy candidates by making a big deal out of them. Legacy status anywhere - colleges, etc - is increasingly controversial. It always looks like you got in because your mom/dad is so and so. That's a terrible narrative for someone to have hanging over them, and it's a million times worse when Kelli and company builds a whole season(s) of a TV show around that woman. If they gave Victoria just a standard amount of air time and didn't focus on her, we would not hate her as much. She'd just be another of the dingbat/blonde/long leg variety that Kelli likes who is more than qualified to make the team. Instead, by focusing on Victoria (and her mother!) and their connections to DCC, we can't stand them. By focusing on legacies, Kelli is literally harming the very people she wants to promote. 

• Love 10

The only thing that confuses me this year about the 36/37 deal is that in previous years they’ve kept more than 36 and I don’t recall anyone sitting out. One year they kept 39. I remember Kelli asking Judy if it wud throw off formations and Judy saying it wud work out. Does anyone know if they sat girls out on game day in previous seasons that had more than 36?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Just now able to watch the Finale and concentrate on it. 

Who thinks that the Cowboys are grooming that one security guard to take over if Phil retires?

• Actually loved the team announcement
  • Love Phil
  • Stadium locker room reveal was fun
  • Liked the Rachael A not dancing explanation
  • Like that they featured a mix of rookies and veterans during the game
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, Trixi said:

The only thing that confuses me this year about the 36/37 deal is that in previous years they’ve kept more than 36 and I don’t recall anyone sitting out. One year they kept 39. I remember Kelli asking Judy if it wud throw off formations and Judy saying it wud work out. Does anyone know if they sat girls out on game day in previous seasons that had more than 36?

That is why I'm confused as well. They've had various squad numbers before - not always a hard 36. And no, they haven't kept girls off the field before. Last year (or the year before) it was said that Charlotte made the 36 rule firm. And this year she said only 36 "on the field."  Is this because of budget reasons? If so, does that mean the 37th girl is not paid? If the 37th is paid, then why must there only be 36 on the field. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

That is why I'm confused as well. They've had various squad numbers before - not always a hard 36. And no, they haven't kept girls off the field before. Last year (or the year before) it was said that Charlotte made the 36 rule firm. And this year she said only 36 "on the field."  Is this because of budget reasons? If so, does that mean the 37th girl is not paid? If the 37th is paid, then why must there only be 36 on the field. 

I wonder if it has to do with on-field insurance issues or something??

22 hours ago, Laurendcc said:

It does bug me that she’s the only one smirking and not smiling...

D33CA2C2-0A35-4339-AC0C-D7C66420E5B7.jpeg

I watched the episode back and bob Rachel was intentionally not smiling.  I hate it.  In the future all dancers should be required to smile.  It throws the whole photo off. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The mystery #37 DCC and the ‘new rule’ of Only 36 on the field is only for Meredith.

Meredith ‘made’ DCC.....but, Kelli found the loophole to keep her off the field. 🤣

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

The mystery #37 DCC and the ‘new rule’ of Only 36 on the field is only for Meredith.

Meredith ‘made’ DCC.....but, Kelli found the loophole to keep her off the field. 🤣

I thought the 36 performing was a CHARLOTTE decision?  And from what I've seen so far with illnesses/injuries/conflicts (ala Rachael A missing the rehearsal) they're gonna have to have an "alternate" in every game.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Hasn't she performed every game so far?

I casually watch the show out of habit.  But, I do not keep up ....IRL.

This season was wonky. Kelli complained so much.....then would not boot...anyone.

This season...the blond lady (Judy ?) hardly got any airtime. 

The interview episode was cringeworthy.

When they said....some of these girls never had a high kick line dance class....WTH??????? We started high kick line in Middle School. At Dance Camp there is a special competition for it.   It is its own category....like tumbling. (Power dance, tumbling, high kick line, Poms, etc)

Kicks work your flexibility (it is basically a standing splits) and tones your quads. Gives you dancer’s legs)

• Love 1

I have been both a Lily and Kristin fan since last year, and I am so happy they both made it!!!!

the cameos overall look so much better compared to last year

lexie is so so sooooo stunning... my eyes are drawn straight to her in squad photo. I definitely came to like her so much after seeing her step in for Maddie. She’s a powerhouse 

side note- I just love Bridget. I wish I could’ve seen more of her in her rookie season but I do love how she got to shine a bit this season. 

my dream for next year would be to see a Lexie 1st/Bridget 2nd leader group 

tess is also so pretty! And heather will be a forever favorite of mine!!!

• Love 8
On 10/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, Laurendcc said:

It does bug me that she’s the only one smirking and not smiling...

D33CA2C2-0A35-4339-AC0C-D7C66420E5B7.jpeg

Who is immediately to Christina's right in front of Kristen?  And does anyone know if it's Microsoft Edge correcting my horrid spelling or the board itself?

Ok. I’ve watched the episode three times. And I have to say it’s pretty awesome how they showed Meredith and Lily running into the field. I just love Bridget she seems to have a generous heart. And I must admit I’m liking A plus plus Victoria (which surprises me). I’m going to miss the season. 

• Love 7
On 10/26/2019 at 7:20 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The giant Victoria heads were ridiculous and obnoxious but that's exactly the kind of shit I expect from her mother at this point.

Actually, I thought ALL of the giant cutout heads were obnoxious - not just Victoria's family.  I wondered if some smart photographer made it available to the parents from their cameo shots to purchase for the event.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Jennv said:

I would agree with this, pretty sure it's a labor law violation, especially since Kelli was issuing orders to Rachel regarding her duties for the day. Secondly, considering how much money the Cowboys rake in on game day from beer, food, souvenirs, ect. it is just plain tacky for Charlotte the billionaire to say that an extra 150 bucks in payroll is unaffordable.

Agreed.  It is breathtakingly insensitive for Charlotte to say ANYthing about their pittance of a pay being a burden to that organization.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Lake62 said:

Agreed.  It is breathtakingly insensitive for Charlotte to say ANYthing about their pittance of a pay being a burden to that organization.

Seriously. They could pay each of those girls a GOOD salary and it would still be a drop in the bucket. Like, full time wage they could be approved for mortgages from kinda wage.

• Love 14

I’ve never understood why Charlotte is so against having more than 36 on the field for budget reasons, but that’s the reason I’ve been given behind the scenes over and over and over again. It makes zero sense because as I jokingly posted before, one of Charlotte’s Lanvin pants suits could cover the pay of the cheerleaders for at least a game or two 😂Plus the organization itself is the most valuable franchise in the world. $150 per game per cheerleader is nothing. Obviously they’ve had larger squads with everyone on the field in years past, so this is relatively new. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8