Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Halle-boo-yah

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't know, but he seems to really love Ginny. He would do anything for her, is what I'm thinking is going on. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't want a romance there.

I don’t see it as a romantic thing. I don’t think they’d go there. I hope not anyway. 

I don't see it either, I think he just connects with her because we need him to connect with someone or the show isn't going to work. Of course I've been wrong about romantic crap before because it's hard for me to see it sometimes.

• Love 1

I see it almost like a paternalistic relationship. He’s enough older than her and she seems very naive. So I don’t see romance and I really hope I’m right.

3 hours ago, deaja said:

I see it almost like a paternalistic relationship. He’s enough older than her and she seems very naive. So I don’t see romance and I really hope I’m right.

I hope it doesn’t turn into a romance partially because of the age gap but also just because it’s nice to see a completely platonic relationship. I really enjoy their current dynamic.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:48 PM, ketose said:

So, is Arthur just going to embarrass himself every week to fit in with the local rubes?

I find it impressive that Bradley Whitford can still do the splits at his age.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Sara2009 said:

I hope it doesn’t turn into a romance partially because of the age gap but also just because it’s nice to see a completely platonic relationship. I really enjoy their current dynamic.

I find it impressive that Bradley Whitford can still do the splits at his age.

Regarding the bolded: He just turned 60 (on either October 3rd or 10th; I forget which now but 1 of those days is his birthday & the other is Janel Moloney’s—Donna on The West Wing). I don’t think that’s too old to still be really flexible. It’s not like he’s 80. I also remember reading he was into yoga back in those days (the TWW days). As I remember, 1 interview with him, or an overall article about the show/cast, mentioned him doing some other “equally impressive for his age” yoga position in front of the writer.

Dang, so Jeanie was into some pretty...specific stuff, huh? 

I dont see them going there romantically between Ginny and Arthur, it seems to be friends/father and daughter towards me. I mean, not only is it a pretty big age gap, but his wife just died and she just got divorced.

The prank was pretty epic, not gonna lie, and I love that Georgia was in on it. "Why let Satan have all the fun?"

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Dang, so Jeanie was into some pretty...specific stuff, huh? 

I dont see them going there romantically between Ginny and Arthur, it seems to be friends/father and daughter towards me. I mean, not only is it a pretty big age gap, but his wife just died and she just got divorced.

The prank was pretty epic, not gonna lie, and I love that Georgia was in on it. "Why let Satan have all the fun?"

Regarding the bolded: I thought Ginny was still just separated & not officially divorced yet.

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

I thought Ginny was still just separated & not officially divorced yet.

I remember they had some specific mentions in the first episode about how Ginny and Wayne hadn’t signed their divorce papers yet.

In the Fork Fest episode, Ginny, Wayne, and even Cash mentioned the divorce  Ginny said she didn’t want the divorce to ruin Fork Fest for Cash. Cash said they might not do the pie eating contest because of the divorce. Wayne was fielding questions from the women in town who asked about the divorce and whose fault it was.  

In the hunting episode, someone tells Ginny she’s a lucky woman and Ginny replies, “Actually, we’re getting divorced.”

Based on all that, it sounds like they signed the paperwork after the first episode and now they’re just waiting for it to go through the courts so that it’s official. 

• Love 1

It took a bit but I'm the show. Solid laughs.

I'm also doubting that they're going to go with a romance between Ginny and Arthur. However, I don't think there's an in-universe reason he's so attached to her. Outside of the show, it's clearly that Whitford and Camp are the two names and the show is built primarily around those two characters. At this point I would accept something hacky like she reminds him of his wife or the daughter they never had.