Type keyword(s) to search

The Writers of Criminal Minds: Our Scribes

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

Haaa HotchGirl... I knew you would say that.

This week just keeps getting better. Also, I've got a choral concert Sunday. I know you wish VW well, but I don't. 

Oh, and my friend and I are performing songs from Phantom of the Opera. Eat dirt sopranos because I'm Christine now. An alto with no classical training. 

• Love 2

I don't find anything on any news site that confirms he's leaving. That link is just a fan page. Don't get me wrong. I want him out of there. I just want to see something official confirming that he is leaving. 

Hey, he confirmed it to me directly using Facebook Messenger, this morning. I also checked with Harry and yes, it's true. Harry's known since they broke for hiatus, but waited for Virgil to be comfortable in breaking it. I messaged Virgil this morning, and he confirmed it for me. It's no secret, I have his permission, and if you like I'll send you the screenshot.

Also, everything on my site is the truth. You can fact check any of it at any time. If I don't get confirmation? I don't publish, or I SAY that it's speculation. 

This is fact.

You can also look on Virgil's twitter, where he's "liking" everyone sending their goodbyes, Harry tweeted he'd miss him, etc...

I don't publish lies, @SSAHotchner

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ReidGirl said:

Thats a tough one as except Janine, I like the rest of the writers. But if I have to choose one then it has to be Andrew Wilder as he wrote 3 of my all time favourite episodes.. LDSK, Elephant's memory and Minimal loss. 

Andrew would definitely be my choice. Heck I would love for all of them except JSB to return to the show as writers. My fear though is that she might be the one to win the poll. I base this on the fact that she is probably more familiar with today's fan base. Here's hoping I am wrong.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, MMC said:

Andrew would definitely be my choice. Heck I would love for all of them except JSB to return to the show as writers. My fear though is that she might be the one to win the poll. I base this on the fact that she is probably more familiar with today's fan base. Here's hoping I am wrong.

I really do hope you are wrong about that. If we get JSB in place of VW, then its replacing one bad writer with another. 

• Love 2

I can't decide.... Chris Mundy cause he wrote Revelations, my favourite episode and the one responsible for getting me hooked on the show in the first place. Or Andrew Wilder cause he wrote one of my other favourites, Elephant's Memory or Oanh Ly who wrote Amplification, another of my favourites.

can't we just have all three of them?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I can't decide.... Chris Mundy cause he wrote Revelations, my favourite episode and the one responsible for getting me hooked on the show in the first place. Or Andrew Wilder cause he wrote one of my other favourites, Elephant's Memory or Oanh Ly who wrote Amplification, another of my favourites.

can't we just have all three of them?

Yup having all 3 would be just perfect. I love Revelations and Amplification too. Those two are my most watched episodes. Its just that if we have to choose one, then Andrew Wilder has written more episodes which I enjoy watching. 

In the current writers we only have Breen Frazier who writes Reid and team interactions perfectly. Sadly he only writes one or two episodes per season. 

• Love 3

Hey, now that they're one writer short, maybe they'll consider hiring me.

Just kidding.

For the most part.

I sort of wrote them a letter.

• Love 3

Thank you, CrimeFan. For what it's worth, the love-fest runs in both directions. In the years I've been doing this, there's been nobody who has even hinted at a discord with her. There is one ex-writer who has issues with her, but still likes her, even though they may resent some decisions. There's no fear, either. It's not like "Oh, big showrunner, gotta suck up". Everything is so laid back. She's created a working environment where people feel valued, and cared for. To hear them tell it, CM is the envy of network-produced drama. 

It's easy to scapegoat the person in charge when we don't like something. Sometimes there's another side that can be considered. :)

• Love 3

Good interview Willowy. I like that she is optimistic about CM's future. Of course one can't really expect her to say differently. The downside to this interview is that I am now even more pissed and angry at the networks.

I am pissed and angry at their inability to have recognize just what a gem that had in both the show over all and those characters. From the pushing of the show into a more action oriented drama to messing with a cast that did not need messing with, it appears they just could not leave well enough alone. Which unfortunately has made the show that much less enjoyable for some of it's fans these days.

• Love 1

I liked that interview, too. I like how she does everything in her power to create as comfortable a working environment as possible for the cast and crew, so that they can all get a chance to spend some time at home and with their families outside the show where possible. I've no doubt that's a large part of why people are still happy to work there all these years later. And I particularly liked this line from her in regards to finding new writers for the show:

Sometimes we only have one opening but we meet so many great people. Being spoiled for choice is a pretty great place to be.

I just like how she makes a point of complimenting and praising those writers that apply, even if they don't wind up working for the show. She comes off so supportive and encouraging, as well as gracious, towards those she's worked with or met in the industry and I think that's pretty cool. Certainly would explain a large part of why she's had such a successful career-it's good to see nice and cooperative people getting ahead. I also smiled at her talking about her lifelong passion for writing, and got a kick out of her comment about looking forward to writing term papers and the like, compared to other students :p.  That is quite the dedication to the craft :D!

As for the show, I'm glad to hear she's not eager to be so kill-happy with the team members. Gideon, Strauss, and Walker had particular "tough to navigate" circumstances surrounding their deaths, so while it was sad to see them go, I can understand that. But I like her attitude of letting the team members live more often than not. And I too share in her amusement over people's demands regarding a potential love life for Reid! I'd be all for him finding someone special if the show ever goes that way (I loved Maeve and wish that story had gone differently), but whether he winds up in a relationship or not, ultimately, I just want him to be happy. Lord knows he deserves it. 

Agreed on her favorite episode picks, and the idea of a docu-style episode sounds very intriguing. I'd love to see that. Not sure a musical episode would play very well, but it sure would be something different, and I'd still watch it for sheer hilarity's sake if nothing else :p. 

ETA: It's also interesting to me just how many women work on this show-I hear so much criticism of this show's violence towards women and whatnot, and I wonder if a lot of the people who make those criticisms are aware of just how many women work on those episodes. Not to say women are always automatically free from critique of how they handle violence against women in their stories, mind, but I do find it an interesting detail, and I'd be interested to hear more about how the women on this show deal with those issues when creating the cases and killing off female characters (like many of the guys' love interests) and whatnot. 

Thanks for sharing this!

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 1