Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: It's All In The Family

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Will, once again, going against a patient's directives, just because he doesn't agree. Once they saw the no blood card, that's it. No matter how long it's been since he signed that card, or what drugs or alcohol he was on, you still have the follow the directive. Not try to actively find ways to circumvent his wishes to make your viewpoint be the only option.

The only point I will give Will as a reason for doubt is that the blood card was signed by his parents, not the patient, ten years ago.  So he was a minor then, but isn't now and didn't have an updated card with his own signature.

• Love 4

Will's insistence came from the same " I know better than you" place it always has.. That said his medical detective work was pretty spot on.. You can't really predict a crisis of faith like that... So standard lack of respect from will ( which we've seen over and over... But good instincts... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jabRI said:

But didn't Dr. Marcel bring up the whole ring thing the night of the accident? Why is Will acting all surprised now?

IIRC he only brought it up with the fake fiance.. Kinda in passing like... I don't remember seeing that ring... Why it took so long I guess he didn't feel close enough to will to butt in... 

• Love 2
On 11/3/2019 at 11:24 AM, UNOSEZ said:

IIRC he only brought it up with the fake fiance.. Kinda in passing like... I don't remember seeing that ring... Why it took so long I guess he didn't feel close enough to will to butt in... 

If Marcel tells Natalie right away about the ring not being there when she was brought in, Natalie puts two and two together and this charade doesn't happen. Though you would think Natalie would also find it odd that she's wearing an engagement ring in the hospital bed. Per policy with any new patients, they remove the jewelry, presumably so they don't get electrocuted if they have to use the defibrillator.

• Love 1
On 11/5/2019 at 3:08 AM, WinJet0819 said:

If Marcel tells Natalie right away about the ring not being there when she was brought in, Natalie puts two and two together and this charade doesn't happen. Though you would think Natalie would also find it odd that she's wearing an engagement ring in the hospital bed. Per policy with any new patients, they remove the jewelry, presumably so they don't get electrocuted if they have to use the defibrillator.

Because apparently Natalie can't put two and two together in her own life, only when it involves something crazy in another's. 

Am I the only one who noticed Phillip had his left hand behind his back when Will barged in? I kept expecting a knife or gun to be drawn against Natalie and Will. 

(no such luck) groan, at least something exciting would have happened. 

that's mean of me, but I'm fed up, up to here with those two. At this point I'm liking Phillip more and more... At least he stays in character of being a psycho, Will n Natalie just make me want to puke. 

I just can't believe Natalie is getting away with what she just pulled. Of course we all knew she would, but still. How unprofessional she is! 

• Love 2
On 10/31/2019 at 7:27 AM, spunky said:

It’s based on Deuteronomy 12:23, where it says not to eat blood. Other Christian denominations will accept transfusions because we believe that blood is life. JWs don’t believe in accepting blood transfusions nor do they believe in giving blood, voting or standing for the national anthem. Other Christian denominations just respect it and move on. Dr. Marcel solidified his place as my new favorite after checking Will.

Not entirely true. I know some JW since kids. They definitely do not accept blood, we have had the conversation many times. When Will started his dismissive attitude about this I couldn’t imagine my friends wishes being disregarded in that manner.

However, my friends believe strongly in participating in civic action, voting, etc, as well as “rendering Caesars what is his” re: taxation.

• Love 2

I knew Nataloon would face no consequences... but I didn’t expect the show to literally start seconds after she kidnapped that child and the Admin made it all go away (temporarily) with the phony after the fact court order. Natanut actually got a full pass and WAS BACK TREATING THAT KID minutes after committing felony kidnapping.

We refused to watch St Amsterdam because we heard it was nonstop ethics ignoring and doing whatever the staff wanted, but Med is completely out of control right now and near-unwatchable.

And why hasn’t the immediate Admin (Black Lady 1 from Law and Order) done ANYTHING to Nat... EVER... and not been fired?  Admins pay for this foolishness. She routinely put the hospital in legal harm’s way.  Everyone wants to make out Big Administrator (Black Lady 2) as some sort of bad person, but she’s the only only one who remotely seems to mention Natapsycho needs to be sanctioned, although she doesn’t do anything either.

On another front, it’s comforting to see that Psych Doc still appears to have no patients or responsibilities beyond hanging out in the ER every minute of his shift.

• Love 5
On 10/31/2019 at 4:49 PM, Ohwell said:

I only watch Chicago Med, gave up on Chicago Fire, can't stand the leads on Chicago PD.

I can’t miss Chicago PD, although I can do without Wolfs constant attempts to make cops look bad. Fire appears to be the most harmless of the 3. But Med is the absolute worst, a full time horrifyingly bad soap opera with some unethical medical stuff thrown in.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SG11 said:

But Med is the absolute worst, a full time horrifyingly bad soap opera with some unethical medical stuff thrown in.

Yet, ironically, Med is consistently beating both Fire and P.D in the ratings. Why, I can't fathom. But it's true, for whatever reason.

48 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yet, ironically, Med is consistently beating both Fire and P.D in the ratings. Why, I can't fathom. But it's true, for whatever reason.

I’m going to take a wild stab and assume Med, with its clear soap opera format, is meant to appeal to female viewers primarily. And the female viewers will run up TV ratings. It’s the only thing that makes sense. 

Certainly the only thing about Med that makes sense.

I wonder how interesting a team serial killer couple Phillip and Dead Ava would have made?

Another lost opportunity, Med!

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

I’m going to take a wild stab and assume Med, with its clear soap opera format, is meant to appeal to female viewers primarily. And the female viewers will run up TV ratings. It’s the only thing that makes sense. 

Certainly the only thing about Med that makes sense.

I wonder how interesting a team serial killer couple Phillip and Dead Ava would have made?

Another lost opportunity, Med!

True, it appeals to the 'shippers and *not to make assumptions, but women are more likely to plan their evenings around their TV shows, & never miss an episode.

PD suffers from being on so late. I wouldn't sit up until 10pm to watch a TV show...well that and the shit writing since EId's been in charge.

I know they love the #OneChicago night but three hours of essentially the same show (because they all follow the same formula) is a lot to ask people to sit through.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, SG11 said:

Not entirely true. I know some JW since kids. They definitely do not accept blood, we have had the conversation many times. When Will started his dismissive attitude about this I couldn’t imagine my friends wishes being disregarded in that manner.

However, my friends believe strongly in participating in civic action, voting, etc, as well as “rendering Caesars what is his” re: taxation.

I got my information from my great aunt who is also a JW, so I apologize if some of it was wrong. Will was just plain dismissive and disrespectful. He and his boring ex need to go back to medical school for some refresher courses.

• Love 1

Will was awful--though I will give some credit in that this scenario was a tough one. If they didn't act the patient dies---possibly due to a misunderstanding on religious beliefs. So it's a bitter different than the usual "ignore the patient's wishes" scenario that we've seen Will botch. There was a real chance the patient would have wanted to surgery and not wanted to die.

I wanted there to be a moment when "trust your instincts" was spoken but "except when you come up with the idea to lock yourself in the room with the patient" was added on. How do you tell someone to trust their instincts right after that craziness happened??

• Love 3

I can't even hate watch this show anymore. I know I keep saying that but how in the world does Natalie get turned out to look like a damn hero after all that illegal shit she pulled. 

She was still wrong. She treated him for pneumonia even though the tests said that wasn't it. She kidnapped him more than once. Illegally restrained him! Fucking Natalie.