Type keyword(s) to search

The Masked Singer In The Media

• Start Topic

Producers Guild of America nomination!

Award for Outstanding Producer of Game & Competition Television

“The Amazing Race” (CBS) – Season 32
Producers: Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri, Mark Vertullo, Phil Keoghan

“The Masked Singer” (FOX) – Season 3, Season 4
Producers: eligibility determination pending

“Nailed It!” (Netflix) – Season 4

“RuPaul’s Drag Race” ( (Season 12)

“The Voice” (NBC) – Season 18, Season 19

15 hours ago, Kromm said:

I wonder if Nick will be watching the Niecy episodes hoping people don't like her TOO much (I happen to like her a lot). 

Plus there's the added bonus of no past antisemitic comments on her part. 

• Love 3
On 3/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, LadyNebula said:

Plus there's the added bonus of no past antisemitic comments on her part. 

THIS.  His comments were ‘forgiven’ in a nanosecond.  He should have been bounced from this gig.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, VartanFan said:

THIS.  His comments were ‘forgiven’ in a nanosecond.  He should have been bounced from this gig.  

Agreed.  I think most people would have been fired immediately.

https://ew.com/tv/the-masked-singer-phoenix-caitlyn-jenner-interview/

"You are sworn to secrecy when you do that show.  You sign paper after paper.  You cannot talk about it."

Then goes on to reveal that she told her son Brandon who helped her with the singing.  And told two of his daughters because "they are good at keeping secrets".

I appreciate getting some insider info on exactly how ironclad the secrecy clause is, but I find it odd that she just openly admits that she violated it.

16 hours ago, blackwing said:

Agreed.  I think most people would have been fired immediately.

https://ew.com/tv/the-masked-singer-phoenix-caitlyn-jenner-interview/

"You are sworn to secrecy when you do that show.  You sign paper after paper.  You cannot talk about it."

Then goes on to reveal that she told her son Brandon who helped her with the singing.  And told two of his daughters because "they are good at keeping secrets".

I appreciate getting some insider info on exactly how ironclad the secrecy clause is, but I find it odd that she just openly admits that she violated it.

But she's entitled...don't you know that 😉

• Love 2

Costume Designers Guild Award nomination!

Excellence in Variety, Reality-Competition, Live Television
Dancing with the Stars: "Villains Night" – Daniela Gschwendtner & Steven Norman Lee
Hamilton – Paul Tazewell
The Masked Dancer: "Premiere" – Gabrielle Letamendi & Candice Rainwater
The Masked Singer: "The Semi Finals" – Marina Toybina
Saturday Night Live: "John Mulaney / The Strokes" – Tom Broecker & Eric Justian

• Love 2

Show has been renewed for Season 6 and is on the fall schedule!  Same time slot.

I truly hope that they can find more than 12 competitors who want to do this show.  And 12 decent competitors.  I'd like to see a good mix of professional singers along with celebrities who we didn't necessarily know could sing.  I want to see more of the Chloe Kims, the "wow, she is amazing, had no idea".  I do not want to see more Logan Pauls and Catelyn Jenners.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I like the mix up and when some contestants can’t  sing a lick!  😆It takes more courage for them to put themselves out there.  

Agree about the courage, but isn't the main focus (per judges) of the show to guess who's behind/under the mask?

Besides, I like my ears just the way they are...not filled with blood.

• LOL 3
On 5/30/2021 at 7:42 PM, iwantcookies said:

Nick Cannon is allegedly having another baby. So 4 babies in 1 year...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/parents/nick-cannon-reportedly-expecting-fourth-baby-in-a-year/%3famp=true

Congratulations to Nick!

Congrats, I think?  4 kids by three different women within a year?  I get that he's a rich celebrity, but 1) congrats on the child support, 2) congrats on being able to tell the kids apart and keep track of which kid belongs with which baby mama, 3) congrats on all the drama if these women don't get along, and 4) congrats on whoever his assistant is who can keep his schedule well enough.  I wonder how Nick will decide who he will spend Christmas with.  I prefer my quiet boring life.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 6/6/2021 at 10:07 AM, Fostersmom said:

Nick better hope Fox keeps renewing this show. Child support for 6 kids can't e cheap. And hey, the year's only half over so that gives him time to knock up another woman or two. 

I was watching Lego Masters and I couldn't believe it, I saw a promo for his new daytime talk show.  Does he have naked pictures of all of the Fox execs or something?  Not only did he suffer zero backlash for his anti-semitic comments and questionable tweets, but now he is apparently being rewarded by the network with a new show?

I hope this talk show fails miserably.

Since I attended a virtual audience screening before, I got an email for audience tickets for the upcoming season.  Season 6 is going to return to having a studio audience, which will be good.  I was tiring of the pretend audience shots and the show pretending that the singers are actually performing in front of anyone.

But I think part of me is going to miss repeatedly seeing Fox's favourites - Little Blonde Guy, Asian Woman with High Ponytail, and Brown Hair Guy with Eyes Closed who Dramatically Rolls Head in a Circle while Fake Singing Along.  I think those three have shown up on multiple Fox shows during the past year and a half.

• LOL 6

3 male newborns with Z names. Me thinks Nick won’t be able to tell them apart much less remember anything about them

I used tolerate Nick but after he showed his true colors... bye boy 

Too bad his professional career wasn’t canceled 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

MS producers really need to lay off the controversial figures. 

Thing is, people who are controversial to one person may not be controversial to another person.   They need to try and be professional about it.  Protest on their own time.  Like most jobs, we all deal with people & co-workers that we don't like or agree with, but again, it's all about being professional while on the job.   They're acting like 2 kids who took their marbles and went home.  Wah, wah!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Thing is, people who are controversial to one person may not be controversial to another person.   They need to try and be professional about it.  Protest on their own time.  Like most jobs, we all deal with people & co-workers that we don't like or agree with, but again, it's all about being professional while on the job.   They're acting like 2 kids who took their marbles and went home.  Wah, wah!

There are really two different issues:

1)Should the judges have reacted the way they did.

2)Should the producers be booking controversial figures just to drive publicity/ratings, since it’s obviously not based on talent.

Many people would like a show like this to be escapist entertainment.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

2)Should the producers be booking controversial figures just to drive publicity/ratings, since it’s obviously not based on talent.

Again, controversial based on their own views?  Most people won't know who's in the costume until the reveal.  At that point it's over for them.  They're gone.  As a judge, why act so juvenile about it?  They need to grow the eff up.   I wonder if they run every time they encounter someone they disagree with.  In the real world it's called tact and diplomacy.  Too bad they freaked out.  Dolts. 

• Love 3

For some of the other controversial people, the actual controversies were in the past, and the person had been somewhat out of the public eye for a bit. This situation is current, ongoing, and exceptionally polarizing. IMO, this was a bridge too far, even for ratings-grabbers. 

• Love 22

It’s Sean Spicer part 2. And whether or not people didn’t know who it was until the mask came off, they will still have knee jerk reactions if it’s someone they rather not be in the same room with.  There’s a new article on people.com that suggests that 

Spoiler

ken Jeong has been strongly against the Trump administration about their misinformation about the pandemic and the election. Robin Thicke simply left to make sure he was ok. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Spoiler

That makes sense. Just about every interview I've seen him do for a while addresses that issue. If he ever decides to hang up the acting/hosting gig, he'd be a great national health information spokesperson - smart, funny, and able to make complicated issues relatable and understandable. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

And whether or not people didn’t know who it was until the mask came off, they will still have knee jerk reactions if it’s someone they rather not be in the same room with.

Ken is in the public eye.  I feel sorry for him if he has a knee jerk reaction to every person he sees that he doesn't agree with.  That's no way to live your life.  In the working world, you learn how to deal with such feelings.  I do it every day around my dental patients.  Some of them are jerks, but I have to remain professional.  It's what we do.  Ken either needs to grow a thicker skin or go home and be a hermit, then he won't have to get his underwear in such a wad over something so benign.  Grow up, Ken!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Ken either needs to grow a thicker skin or go home and be a hermit, then he won't have to get his underwear in such a wad over something so benign.  Grow up, Ken!

Who gets to decide what is benign?  In this instance it was a political figure - what if it was someone like Bill Cosby or Casey Anthony?  Obviously the producers only did this for publicity and the two judges walking out certainly provided them with that.  I wonder if they'd just turned their backs if the media would have jumped on this quite so eagerly.

Edited by SusannahM
  • Love 8

If Ken has a problem with who the producers are bringing onto the show, then he needs to have a conversation with them.  If they continue to get people that he doesn't like, then might I suggest he find another show more to his liking. He doesn't have to smile and clap along, but he could be professional about it and give his guess and then move on.  I'm not in this to see what the judges think about a contestant on a personal level.  That's not what this show is about.  

It looks like they've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent (in some cases) the last few seasons, so they're probably desperate for anyone to come onto their show.   

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm okay with controversy. I really wanted to use the "P" word, but the rules forbid it. 

I also agree that celebrities need not come to the show with their own agenda. Like you said, it's a job, be professional.

• Love 4

Isn't Ken a doctor?  I can understand completely his strong feelings.  This isn't "P" - over 900,000 people have died in this country alone, in part because of a disinformation campaign of which this person freely and loudly participated.  I think Ken showed great professionalism by not punching him in the face.

• Love 11
On 2/10/2022 at 7:54 PM, quickjessie said:

Isn't Ken a doctor?  I can understand completely his strong feelings.  This isn't "P" - over 900,000 people have died in this country alone, in part because of a disinformation campaign of which this person freely and loudly participated.  I think Ken showed great professionalism by not punching him in the face.

Ken had an MD. 

I mean, the very obvious solution to this whole mess is to not cast someone who's so clearly going to be given such a rapturously negative reaction by well over half the population? Like, Ken and Robin's reactions are entirely valid, but wouldn't need to have happened if the person in question was never cast. My concern isn't why Ken and Robin walked off, it's why Jenny and Nicole and Nick apparently didn't.

The show can't even claim ignorance on this, because, like, look how much they were criticised for having Palin a few seasons back. Also Tom Bergeron tweeted during the week that it's the same talent booker DWTS uses, so not only is it this person and Palin, it's also Spicer on DWTS, and per that talent booker's IMDb they also do Celebrity Big Brother, so she's also responsible for Omarosa and Scaramucci on that show. This kind of controversy comes up every fucking time, from this one booker in particular, and it's about fucking time we got the same kind of reaction from someone on screen that we get from the public.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, SnideAsides said:

My concern isn't why Ken and Robin walked off, it's why Jenny and Nicole and Nick apparently didn't.

I don't know this for a fact, but I heard that Ken was actually the one who walked off and Robin went after him to see if Ken was "ok".  

I imagine Nick was too busy hosting the show and didn't want to go the way of Tom Bergeron. As for Jenny & Nicole, maybe it didn't bother them as much as it did Ken (and possibly Robin).