Type keyword(s) to search

The Masked Singer In The Media

• Start Topic

So I am assuming the show is preempted again tonight?  World Series is going to game 7 and ESPN says game is airing on Fox at 8:08 PM Eastern.  Fox website still shows Masked Singer airing tonight at 8 Eastern.  I'm guessing Fox site hasn't updated yet.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

So I am assuming the show is preempted again tonight?  World Series is going to game 7 and ESPN says game is airing on Fox at 8:08 PM Eastern.  Fox website still shows Masked Singer airing tonight at 8 Eastern.  I'm guessing Fox site hasn't updated yet.

Yes.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:59 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Next week's episode will be a double one to make up for the time lost during the World Series.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20191030fox02/

Who is slotted to perform this week?  I think last week's episode was supposed the be the 2nd half of the top 12.  I'm wondering if we will see some characters basically performing twice this week if they end up in the 2nd episode.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, meggonzo said:

Who is slotted to perform this week?  I think last week's episode was supposed the be the 2nd half of the top 12.  I'm wondering if we will see some characters basically performing twice this week if they end up in the 2nd episode.

Ep. 5 (hour 1): Tree, Rottweiler, Flower, Fox, Penguin, Ladybug

Ep. 6 (hour 2): Flamingo, Black Widow, Leopard, Butterfly, Thingamajig

• Love 2

Upcoming episodes:

Tomorrow's episode will be a normal episode at the usual time and no double episode. This one will be called Clash of the Masks which is Season 2 Episode 9.

However, next week will be different.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be back to back episodes because Wednesday is the semi-finals. 

• Love 1

If anyone in the LA area is interesting in watching an episode live tickets for season 3 are now available. Looks like they start filming December 19th. 

On 12/17/2019 at 2:53 AM, Dani said:

That makes sense now why the Blogger I read said she had to leave before the unmasking.  I thought it was just because she was a Blogger.

She also mentioned  that a crew member, maybe the production manager) came out at the beginning and taught them hand signs for each character.  Like pump your fist and “woof” for the Rottweiler and claw your fingers for the Leopard.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:55 AM, roamyn said:

That makes sense now why the Blogger I read said she had to leave before the unmasking.  I thought it was just because she was a Blogger.

She also mentioned  that a crew member, maybe the production manager) came out at the beginning and taught them hand signs for each character.  Like pump your fist and “woof” for the Rottweiler and claw your fingers for the Leopard.

I feel a little guilty that I watched every episode and never noticed this.

1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

That description makes no sense. It sounds like it’s just random people in the masks with one local celeb unmasked. I have a feeling people who buy tickets are going to massively disappointed. Fox is going to drive this show into the ground.

According to the website, “There will be two celebrity hosts that appeared as Masked Singers in the hit TV show. These hosts will be announced at a later date. None of the TV show panelists or other performers are currently scheduled to be present.” Also, “a surprise local celebrity” will appear in each city.

I just saw an interview with Patti LaBelle on The Talk today and Marie asked her if singing 9 to 5 or Eye of The Tiger was more difficult. Miss Patti said that she wanted to sing 9 to 5 and made that decision with the producers. As for Eye of The Tiger, she hated that song and was unhappy the producers chose it for her battle round. 

1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

If The Masked singer is next,  Tom Bergeron is available and would be a great host.  He has quite a sense of humor.

https://tvline.com/2020/07/14/nick-cannon-fired-anti-semitism-wild-n-out-viacom/

I love Tom Bergeron, and if I hadn't given up on DWTS 6 years ago, I'd quit over his firing. That being said, I think Wayne Brady would be the perfect host for the show if they fire Nick Cannon. (And yeah, they're going to fire Nick Cannon)

• Love 4

I certainly hope so, because I won't be watching if Nick is still on. Take a walk through the children's memorial at Yad Veshem and then tell me you're not hurting anyone. I'll wait.

Tom and Wayne are both good suggestions. Or Jerry Springer. He was pretty good on AGT, and certainly no stranger to absurdity.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeay! Nick is gone! And Tyra won't be the new host, so that's double good news. Yeay show! Talk about a 100-percent improvement. That would b SO FUNNY if Tom were hired as his replacement. Great ABC burn!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Yeay! Nick is gone! And Tyra won't be the new host, so that's double good news. Yeay show! Talk about a 100-percent improvement.

Well that great euphoric happiest news ever lasted one day. WTH show. So Nick spouts a bunch of anti-Semitic hate sh*t, then posts a lengthy tirade defending it, THEN decides to apologize in a couple of sentences and gosh, buddy, all's right with the world now? And Fox takes him back? What, there are no other Black (or Jewish) hosts that could have taken his place and done a better job? They couldn't do a worse job. P.Diddy offered him a job on his new all-Black network. I wish he'd take it and be gone for good from my teevee.

• Love 4

This is not even the first time he's pulled this shit. If he had said these kind of things as a white man and implied blacks were inferior, he'd be gone. Deleted all Fox shows from my DVR, not that there were many, and I hope every Jewish person in the entertainment business refuses to work with him.

• Love 8

Nick is such an ass for spouting hate speech and then trying to say that racial discrimination is the reason he was fired from Viacom. This should have been unacceptable for FOX and for the producers of this show and he should not be returning to the Masked Singer. I hope that the judges will use their platform to speak out and force FOX to change their decision. 

• Love 2

What I find odd about the whole situation is that yes what he said about Jewish people is horrible, he also said some pretty shitty stuff about white people as well (Which is really messed up if you are white and Jewish).  The thing is nobody is talking about what he said about white people, it is almost as if people are like, "Oh well it's only white people, he has the right to say that." 

He called white people savages who can only be evil and are closer to animals.  That would be the kind of talk I would expect from a David Duke type of person. 

There is not one word said about those comments, it is not even brought up in most mainstream articles and when he apologized he only apologized for his anti-Semitic comments (Which obviously he should have). 

• Love 1

I was watching Donnie Wahlberg talking about the new Wahlburgers that is opening in the town where he lives.  He mentioned that Jenny is off to film the Masked Singer shortly and much like the NBA and NHL, it will be a bubble like situation so she'll be in that for a month. 

• Useful 1
On 7/17/2020 at 2:25 PM, dirtydi said:

I think Tom or Wayne would be a good host.  If they really are keeping NC, I think they should add a female Jewish cohost.

If they did replace him, I imagine they'd aim for a woman of color.  It's the way to avoid most of the criticism they'd get for changing hosts.  Ideally it would be a comedian, not some actress, rap star, or model, but that still leaves a bunch of possibilities.

Aaaannnd... that People Mag thing confirms it's still Nick anyway...