Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Nation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

To start us off, I've only seen the first episode so far, as I don't have the Travel Channel. But I enjoyed seeing Steve, Jason, and Tango on my screen again enough that I'm going to figure out how to watch more without cable. The episode I saw was the first, The Boys are Back, about a farmhouse in Tennessee that seemed very haunted indeed! But I missed the debunking aspect - they did no analyzing of the data, and I was disappointed that they didn't try to recreate the homeowner's experience seeing the potential hooded ghost. Sounds like Grant may have taken the debunking to the Ghost Hunters reboot, but the beloved personalities appear on Ghost Nation instead? I am admittedly sad they aren't all on the same show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So I found episodes 1 and 2. I thought they were okay. Honestly, I was never a fan of Steve and Tango so having them back on my screen isn't doing anything for me. If I manage to come across more episodes I might tune in, but I'm not going to break my back trying to find them. I am happy that others seem to be enjoying this more than I am, however. Hopefully they'll continue to produce more episodes. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, jewel21 said:

So I found episodes 1 and 2. I thought they were okay. Honestly, I was never a fan of Steve and Tango so having them back on my screen isn't doing anything for me. If I manage to come across more episodes I might tune in, but I'm not going to break my back trying to find them. I am happy that others seem to be enjoying this more than I am, however. Hopefully they'll continue to produce more episodes. 

Yeah, not being fond of Steve and Tango would definitely make it less enjoyable!

• Love 2

I was unsuccessful in finding a working link to the latest Ghost Adventures, so I watched episode 3 of this show instead. I liked it much better than the first two. I’m enjoying the fact that, in addition to the core three guys, they’re also working with other paranormal experts to help them solve more involved cases. It makes it more interesting. I, too, would like an update as to whether fixing the electrical ended the ghost problem.

• Love 4

So far, not real impressed with this program. Which is sad cause as a whole I like Jason, Steve and Tango.   Steve seems to be doing the narrative and his reading style is stilted. Maybe that will improve with practice. I also don't like how they insert images of the alleged ghost, like a reenactment.  I want the show to be more documentary like.  This last episode had a crime scene artist doing a sketch of the ghost.  They handed it to a historical expert and the picture did not look a bit like who they thought the ghost might be.  They also put an EKG on Tango to show that your body can feel the ghost before the mind does.   It also seemed like their theories changed every few seconds on who and what the ghost was.  While the home had belonged to some woman named Pocohontas, there was a balcony railing on the house that had been on Jefferson Davies house .  Old Jeff Davies son had fallen off the balcony and maybe he was the ghost.  

And at the end, all the ghosts are peaceful. Blah blah blah.

18 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

This last episode had a crime scene artist doing a sketch of the ghost.  They handed it to a historical expert and the picture did not look a bit like who they thought the ghost might be.

I just watched this episode on youtube. It was the first one I've watched. I thought Steve and Jason's narrative sounded strange. The show didn't really do much for me but I noticed Steve and Jason have lost a lot weight since the last time I saw them.

• Love 2
On 11/2/2019 at 11:30 PM, howiveaddict said:

So far, not real impressed with this program. Which is sad cause as a whole I like Jason, Steve and Tango.   Steve seems to be doing the narrative and his reading style is stilted. Maybe that will improve with practice. I also don't like how they insert images of the alleged ghost, like a reenactment.  I want the show to be more documentary like.  This last episode had a crime scene artist doing a sketch of the ghost.  They handed it to a historical expert and the picture did not look a bit like who they thought the ghost might be.  They also put an EKG on Tango to show that your body can feel the ghost before the mind does.   It also seemed like their theories changed every few seconds on who and what the ghost was.  While the home had belonged to some woman named Pocohontas, there was a balcony railing on the house that had been on Jefferson Davies house .  Old Jeff Davies son had fallen off the balcony and maybe he was the ghost.  

And at the end, all the ghosts are peaceful. Blah blah blah.

I think they were just trying to make contact with any, and were ticking off a list of possible entities. I do wonder how they decide the ghosts are harmless.  

I had literally said that balcony railing was too low and someone could fall over, when they said the boy fell and died. That is awful! 

Steve's voice over is definitely weird.  Jason does a better job. 

• Love 2

The voice of the little boy saying 'daddy' was really sad and they replayed it like 40 times over just to make me feel more sad, lol. 

I did like the theory of the paramedic hooking people up to EKG machines to see if their body can detect the paranormal before their brains can. 

And I can't tell you how hard I laughed when Steve slapped himself in the face not once but TWICE, heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am curious, did Jason and Grant have a falling out?  Hence the 2 shows now? I agree, the voiceovers on this are so apparent. I will keep watching. 

I too am curious, and don't know where to find the info! I was surprised Grant is back on GH and also surprised Jason left it. 

22 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I too am curious, and don't know where to find the info! I was surprised Grant is back on GH and also surprised Jason left it. 

Apparently they asked Jason to go back to Ghost Hunters however they wanted an all new group of investigators cast for the show. Jason said no.

I think they did have a falling out as they sold the inn they owned together too. They put the Spaulding Inn up for sale in 2013. Nothing was ever said publicly about a rift.

Edited by badhaggis
  • Love 1

So I watched the latest episode, the one with the store and all the dolls. That translucent figure that walked by the door was freaky. You could see a pair of skinny legs and the door behind it. I thought it was a pretty cool piece of evidence. 

• Love 3

Just bought the season because who am I kidding, I love this stuff. So Episode 2....I groaned when they started bringing in Native American burial grounds. But I didn't know there were actually Native American burial mounds that had been destroyed by settlers, and having that historian come in lent a smidge of respectability to it. I don't think we got to see enough evidence though - no replays of the knocks and talking except for one EVP, for example. Loved that they did more research, though, especially in dispelling the deaths that the family thought had happened in certain way.

• Love 2

You guys, in the Amish episode STEVE HAS HAIR!!!! 😂😂 He's wearing headphones without his hat at some point and I was SO surprised to see hair. I always assumed he shaved his head bald under the hats.

The legs in the antique shop episode are pretty cool - they look too skinny to be human legs to me, which creeps me out more. Re-animated puppetry?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Just finished the episode Apparition of Amelia and I have 2 questions for you fans. 

1. If Amelia is just a residual haunting how was she able to interact with the little girl in the kitchen?

2. What does Jason have against using the SLS camera?

Thanks.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Just finished the episode Apparition of Amelia and I have 2 questions for you fans. 

1. If Amelia is just a residual haunting how was she able to interact with the little girl in the kitchen?

2. What does Jason have against using the SLS camera?

Thanks.

I just caught up on the last two episodes this evening. In terms of your first question, I'm actually wondering the same thing. They said 80% of the haunting appears to be residual. I can't recall if they said Amelia is a residual haunting but based on that EVP, I would say she is an intelligent haunting. 

As for your second question, I don't recall Jason saying he doesn't like the SLS. I know I don't like the SLS because I don't believe the science behind it, and I think it's just trying to detect figures and is giving a lot of false positives. Then again, I also don't like the Ovilus and the spirit box. Give me a thermal camera, a Polaroid camera, and a digital recorder for EVPs  and I'm a happy gal. 

I will say that spirit caught on tape manifesting was amazing and freaky. You could see it had like a bun or something on the back of its head. It was really, really cool. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed the season premiere from Biglerville, PA.  They made some interesting finds, did their homework, and came up with some good audio and video.  Jay, Steve, and Dave come off much lower-key than the casts on a lot of the other shows, and I appreciate that they just kind of get down to business. 

I also was pleasantly surprised that, even with Biglerville being right outside of Gettysburg, none of the activity was tied to the Civil War.  Nothing against Civil War hauntings, and I love the battlefield and area; but it seemed to me like that would be a natural go-to.  I also loved that the local lore actually turned out to very likely be true; so many time-honored tales turn out to be pure hooey (which, to be honest, I thought this one would).  Despite the episode being two hours long, it did not drag.  I'll be back for next week.

Edited by harrie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm going to have to try and find this online, because DTour, the CDN station that airs shows like Dead Files, Ghost Adventures, etc, is only airing the first season and I'm not sure when they'll get around to airing the new season but probably not for awhile. I'm glad to hear the episode was good. Hopefully people will continue to tune in. 

Well I finally managed to watch the episode. I agree that it was interesting and really well done. I still want to know more, though. Clearly, they found remains of clothing covered in blood or some sort of human fluids. I know it was a long time ago, and the cops didn't seem to care, but shouldn't archaeologists or someone come out and examine the area further? Even if just to remove any fragments of clothing and bones, before closing up the hole? It just felt unfinished to me. I also, strangely, felt sorry for that poor tree being uprooted and hated watching it happen. 

• Love 3
On 4/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, jewel21 said:

Well I finally managed to watch the episode. I agree that it was interesting and really well done. I still want to know more, though. Clearly, they found remains of clothing covered in blood or some sort of human fluids. I know it was a long time ago, and the cops didn't seem to care, but shouldn't archaeologists or someone come out and examine the area further? Even if just to remove any fragments of clothing and bones, before closing up the hole? It just felt unfinished to me. I also, strangely, felt sorry for that poor tree being uprooted and hated watching it happen. 

That's a really good  question.  I thought the landowners said they wanted to do something before filling in the hole, so maybe it was something like bringing in archaeologists or forensic type people. 

I, too, was sad to see the tree go down, but I wonder if it wasn't in good health anyway - it's hard to tell in the dead of winter.  Plus, the digging they did would probably have damaged a lot of the roots, seriously hurting the tree's health; so if its health wasn't already compromised, it would have been after the dig. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

New episode on Wednesday. I hope it'll hold up to the premiere. 

S02.E02: An Unholy Haunting

Jason, Steve, Dave and Shari head to Waynesville, Ohio, to investigate claims of paranormal activity at a former Catholic church. The team suspects a disgraced priest may be behind the scratches, bizarre apparitions and chilling EVPs.

Airdate: 04/29/2020

On 4/28/2020 at 11:19 AM, scarletine said:

Sounds like a good one. I've canceled my "Ghost Hunters" subscription on my DVR...not feeling the new season at all, and too many ghost shows on Wednesday rn...so I hope this one is better. 

Agreed.  Since Grant became a ghost hunter in name only and has basically become a talking head, I have lost interest.  Grant brought something special to what I thought was HIS show.  I like the history, the new methods of ghost hunting, and the less famous and/or infamous haunted places they visit, but I find the new crew rather dry and uninteresting to watch. Maybe they'll improve in time but I've given this crew a season plus 3 shows, and I'm moving on to something else.

As for Ghost Nation, Jason, Steve and Tango hit it out of the park with their season 2 premiere.  There was history, ghosts, witches, cadaver dogs, and perhaps a terrible crime.  I quite enjoyed that episode, and it may become one of my faves of all time.

• Love 2

Woo hoo! I've finally started watching the new season! Loved the first episode, especially the dogs and Steve's building concern that this was both an exciting and disturbing development. The shadow in the kitchen was pretty cool, too. Not so sure the child sounds aren't just a barn settling - I wish we had more of the debunking of old, but I bet producers thought that was boring material over time. Regardless, these guys are comfort food to me! I wouldn't mind seeing more of the old TAPS contacts that bring them in.

• Love 3

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/new-on-travel-channel/ghostober-2020-lineup

GHOST NATION

Premieres Saturday, October 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT

Travel Channel wraps up Ghostober on Halloween night with the ultimate series crossover featuring superstar paranormal investigators from two of the network’s hit shows, Ghost Nation and Kindred Spirits. The ghost-hunting teams reunite for the first time in nearly a decade to explore frightening activity inside an illustrious Newport, Rhode Island, mansion in Ghost Nation: Reunion in Hell, premiering Saturday, October 31 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. 

• Useful 3

What're we thinking so far for this set of episodes? For the tattoo parlor/house, I wasn't convinced, and honestly, in large part because they told the home owners not to worry about it after the home owner had been badly scratched? What?! How seriously am I supposed to take their claims if the investigators don't think being injured is serious? Makes me pretty doubtful...

For the episode with the factory, I'm glad there was a little debunking. I miss the debunking! But it seems way too hard to buy any particular sounds as ghostly when a building like that is noisy by nature - the whistle could be any number of machines. I'm sorry Jason had medical issues, though! I like the memorial suggestion, though.

• Love 1

Sadly I can't comment on the new season because we're only just getting Season 2 here in Canada. I have noticed these guys tend to tell their clients a lot of the time that the ghost aren't malicious even when their behavior is a bit nefarious. They said the same thing in the last episode that I watched which was the team checking out a location purchased by a soccer star to turn into a soccer school/academy. 

• Useful 1

I always enjoy watching Steve and Tango interacting but I had to laugh at Jason with his disbelief that a guest investigator wasn't using approved ghost hunting protocols.  Seriously, there's actual ghost hunting rules?  And speaking of guest investigators, why the heck is this show pushing Shari DeBenedetti as hard as they are?  The woman has the personality of a wet dish rag and she adds nothing to the episodes she's in or the investigations she's allegedly apart of.  

• Love 1

I'm late coming to this page and I really hate to do this because I like these guys and the show, and I've always had some respect for Jason because he always looks to debunk first before declaring something was paranormal. But I was just watching Season 2 Episode 8, 911 Fear Factory, in particular the scene near the buffing pads when the steel plate fell behind Steve. This was clearly faked by Steve. First, he clearly looks down right at the metal plate, as if determining its position. He starts to do this as the camera shoots the duo through the shelves, and Steve is still looking down when they switch to the angle facing them. Then, as Jason is saying "....dings and pops...." Steve can clearly be seen pushing his left heel up against the metal plate. Then, he very clearly flicks his foot to knock the plate over. I've watched it several dozen times and I'm sorry, it was just clearly fake. And then they went on to present that as evidence to the client. I know this is entertainment, but they have no credibility for me anymore. Sorry.

• Love 2
On 3/24/2021 at 10:43 PM, KevinKaye said:

I'm late coming to this page and I really hate to do this because I like these guys and the show, and I've always had some respect for Jason because he always looks to debunk first before declaring something was paranormal. But I was just watching Season 2 Episode 8, 911 Fear Factory, in particular the scene near the buffing pads when the steel plate fell behind Steve. This was clearly faked by Steve. First, he clearly looks down right at the metal plate, as if determining its position. He starts to do this as the camera shoots the duo through the shelves, and Steve is still looking down when they switch to the angle facing them. Then, as Jason is saying "....dings and pops...." Steve can clearly be seen pushing his left heel up against the metal plate. Then, he very clearly flicks his foot to knock the plate over. I've watched it several dozen times and I'm sorry, it was just clearly fake. And then they went on to present that as evidence to the client. I know this is entertainment, but they have no credibility for me anymore. Sorry.

I agree, I also didn't like that they presented it into evidence. Steve was right on it.

https://press.discoveryplus.com/paranormal-the-unexplained/the-first-mega-hit-paranormal-television-show-ghost-hunters-is-greenlit-for-a-comeback-on-discovery/

This is the revival of the series that started it all. discovery+ has given the greenlight to the iconic series, GHOST HUNTERS.  Original team leader Jason Hawes and Steve Gonsalves, Dave Tango and Shari DeBenedetti are taking back the paranormal reins in epic haunted locations.  And don’t be surprised to see some familiar faces and special guests join the team on the hunt in this all-new version of the hit series. The 13 one-hour episodes will begin streaming later this year on discovery+.

• Love 1

Huh?  What happened to Ghost Nation?  For that matter, what happened to the previous reboot with Grant?  I have the feeling that behind the scenes there is a massive legal battle going on for the name Ghost Hunters.

Of course, in the end it won't matter, because it's on Discovery+, which I have no intention of getting. 

• Love 2

Dtour finally aired a new episode of this show. It was a two hour episode that had Adam Berry and Amy Bruni join the guys to help investigate a castle in Rhode Island. It was a truly gorgeous location and I would love to be able to visit it one day. 

• Love 1