Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E34: Dangerous Engagements

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

She's insulting my intelligence at this point. I don't know if she's a lesbian or not (I think she is), but whatever she is, she has no interest in Vince. She doesn't even like him platonically. There's nothing about them that says "couple." There's nothing about them that says "friendly colleagues." Amber needs to just tell Vince directly that it's not happening and move on - is she trying to get him to buy her more stuff?

I think this is why I don't like Amber.  Vincent is a moron, but I'm not and I don't appreciate her insulting my intelligence by assuming I'm stupid enough to believe that slow vince is some criminal mastermind conning her.  Her, amber, convicted felon who committed identity theft IIRC and has a prison girlfriend. 

SHE expects me to believe that SHE was conned by slow vince.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think this is why I don't like Amber.  Vincent is a moron, but I'm not and I don't appreciate her insulting my intelligence by assuming I'm stupid enough to believe that slow vince is some criminal mastermind conning her.  Her, amber, convicted felon who committed identity theft IIRC and has a prison girlfriend. 

SHE expects me to believe that SHE was conned by slow vince.  

Hell hath no fury like... a con conned?  😁

As I posted before, even as WETv/LAL has been long building up there’s some “big reveal” involving poor mouth-breathing, flat-EEG Vince; Amber seems more interested in “the mystery” even possibly more than the viewers.  

Maybe the actual “big reveal” is that Vince actually knows and understands Amber far more than he’s let on.  Not as clueless as he appears, he knows the deal with Amber and has been seeing how far her greed will take her... There isn’t any jackpot, no treasure guarded by a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow...  but Amber just... can’t... resist... the possibility, however remote, that there just  might be.  

That might be one of the big moments of this season: that Amber’s dithering “long game” of keeping Vince “on the line” gains her nothing (much) more than what Vince has (already) given her, and it’s Vince (of all the cast) who skips unfettered, unflustered and largely unbothered off into the sunset, perhaps to again cast his net into the prison pool.  Now that would be a twist! 😳😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Who would have guessed the malicious wounder didn’t react with physical violence when nutjob Lacey assaulted him. Shes’s all famewhore,  psychosis, and utterly disgusting. ( her kids will see this one day)

That's what I thought!! Not sure I would slap someone in the face that was in jail for "malicious wounding" 

But I guess there are some guys out there that are super strict in that they will not touch a girl no matter what but if a guy comes at them then it's game on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It seems to me that Shane very much does not want to go back to jail.  He was very careful to not get physical with Lacey in any way, even when she was hitting him and he could have done more to defend himself.  I can't say what he would do if he wasn't just out of prison and on camera, but that's a guy who knows how to keep from ending up in the SHU/back in jail.  

• Love 6
On 10/28/2019 at 4:22 AM, Unsinn said:

Good grief, where to begin...

Glorietta and Alex:

If Glorietta is divorced, she would require an annulment to be able to remarry within the Roman Catholic Church (whether or not her first husband was a Catholic himself and also whether or not they were “married in the Church”).  

Annulments are expensive and very time-consuming to get, requiring a canonical investigation.  Glorietta is absolutely free to marry civilly, in a mosque, in a parking lot by Elvis if she so chooses, but both Glorietta and Tammy have, each in their own ways, made religion an issue, when really, their own pasts negate it.

Just objecting to two things you said:

Annulments are free but a contribution is suggested. I got one and (honestly) forgot to make a contribution. So totally free. The process took a few months, most just waiting for a response. The actual application takes maybe an hour to complete (each person) but some degree of thought, prayer and soul searching needs to go into it.

And Catholics really aren't free to marry in civil ceremonies. It can't recall if it's a mortal or venial sin but it is a sin. We have to have some kind of Christian wedding, preferably Catholic. If it's a nonCatholic but still Christian wedding we can apply for a dispensation or ask for it to be blessed later on by a Catholic priest.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Useful 2
On 10/28/2019 at 4:22 AM, Unsinn said:

Good grief, where to begin...

Vince and Amber:

Amber doesn’t trust Tony, though as he cleverly called her out that she willingly accepted his proposal.  She talked a medium-good show with her friend Kathy that she’s uncertain, unsure, of her feelings for Tony and his level of honesty with her, still, she seems to be holding back... still apparently intrigued by Tony and what mystery he may be withholding, especially if it’s something to her benefit.  

Ok, who's Tony?? Are you just having fun w/ his name? What's Amber's exhusband's name?

• Love 1
On 10/31/2019 at 1:44 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Ok, who's Tony?? Are you just having fun w/ his name? What's Amber's exhusband's name?

I made a mistake, substituting “Tony” for “Vince”.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:41 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Just objecting to two things you said:

Annulments are free but a contribution is suggested. I got one and (honestly) forgot to make a contribution. So totally free. The process took a few months, most just waiting for a response. The actual application takes maybe an hour to complete (each person) but some degree of thought, prayer and soul searching needs to go into it.

And Catholics really aren't free to marry in civil ceremonies. It can't recall if it's a mortal or venial sin but it is a sin. We have to have some kind of Christian wedding, preferably Catholic. If it's a nonCatholic but still Christian wedding we can apply for a dispensation or ask for it to be blessed later on by a Catholic priest.

I’m a Roman Catholic (and even studied Canon Law! 😁) I agree with what you’ve written, and ideally, it’s true.  I am certainly happy for you that your process (from what you wrote) was a simple one.  Obviously, you took the process seriously, prayerfully.

Historically, things do not always go ideally, and annulments have unfortunately, been subject to “sale” as so many things become when powerful, affluent people become involved.  Even sacred things can be treated as commodities.  I can cite historical annulments that were nearly line items on treaties; annulments of the “rich and famous”, not all of them in the distant past; and annulments of “just regular people” who made generous “donations/contributions” to the right person in the right “place”.   Past flaws in the annulment system were even detailed in the book Shattered Faith by Sheila Rauch, the former wife of Joseph Kennedy II (eldest son of RFK).  She objected to Joe getting an annulment after their divorce, and fought to have it overturned (it was; by the Vatican).  Not everything in the book is accurate (even if the feelings of the women whose stories are told shouldn’t be discounted), but, like every system involving fallible, flawed humans, it can be misused and abused.

i also understand the difference between what adults are free to do as citizens, and what is avoided or even forbidden to practicing Roman Catholics who endeavour to follow all the rules and stay, as much as possible, in a “State of Grace”.  Two consenting adults not otherwise married may marry one another. Practicing Catholics believe marriage is a Sacrament that is administered by a priest.

And the pair of us are “preaching to the Choir”. 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2019 at 9:03 PM, OnceSane said:

Lizzy stuns Daniel with shocking results; Glorietta's engagement party blows up when her mom faces off with her felon fiancé; Shane's surprise leads Lacey to a major meltdown; Cheryl questions Josh; Amber and Vince reach a crossroads.

I think I read through this whole thread, can someone please tell me what the "shocking results" that Lizzy stunned Daniel with? What was stunning? She took the test, played it up and said she wasn't preggo. When he didn't melt in a pile of tears, she got annoyed. Um, where the stunning/shocking part?

Josh looks like Howdy Doody to me. Or Richie Cunningham. Not like a bank robber. But he'll be back to robbing banks in no time. The restitution alone means he will never be able to live any comfortable way. Couple that with a shrew who wants a five grand engagement ring and he's toast. I can totally get that he wants a speaker. He was inside for a long time and used to tinny sounding crap. In the mind of the felon, it's the little things. I would not be surprised if many drop nearly the entire release fee that they are given on a boatload of items from the McDonald's menu. He won't be able to handle not having the money to buy whatever it is he wants, so he'll help himself to cash or the items themselves. 

These relationships don't work because when everyone is locked in, there's nowhere to go. There are no immediate temptations and the boring days mean you look forward more than anything to the calls and letters you get. For others, they just need commissary and funding for other things so they'll do/say what's needed to keep the flow coming.

But once they're out? All bets are off. It's the kid in a candy store time if the person has been in for a long time. The person who supported them wants 100% of their time and attention and there are just too many distractions that they want to experience (good and bad) so there's friction. Then there's the whole "I supported you! I was there for you!" and the felon's feeling obligated in some way because of that. That seems to wear off after a while though as seen with Josh and Cheryl. He clearly said that he felt that he owes her, but she is like a pinball with her moods and she doesn't seem the type that has a career path that will launch them in to the middle class and cover those needs along with paying back his debts. So he'll tire of the shrew and want to enjoy himself and will bail and she will be all shocked and devastated asking what went wrong?

Not an Alex fan, although his handling of crazy ass mom was great. Calling his old "baby girl" from the lobby of the hotel after sexing up whatever her name is shows what a piece of shit he is. Another user. But another stupid gal falling for this stuff. Even if they marry, him staying faithful is at about the same odds as me winning the Powerball.

Vince and Amber are a non-story. Whatever was there, the show stretched it out so long that I completely lost interest and now forward past their segments.

The blonde one is a real psycho. Shane seems dense. This John guy gives me a violent vibe and I haven't even seen him out of prison yet.  We'll see. 

• Love 2

Josh could do so much better than Cheryl. She acts insane and looks anorexic. Her screechy lectures about how much money she spent traveling to see him are aimed at making him feel guilty. So of course he mimics the "I feel guilty" line, but it's getting old. No one likes to feel guilty and poor at the same time. Nothing can please her. Even a small family party sets her off in a bad mood.

This unhappy broad is exhausting, and her crowing about a big house on a hill with white picket fence is outlandish. Girl, just concentrate on doing the best you can to raise your kids. Nagging & crying will not get you what you want. 

• Love 5