Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Episode 100

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am 40 and was born in 1974 so I was young in the 80s.   I LOVED Hotel because it was so fun to watch. 

I loved Hotel too.  That season was a total love it or hate it, there was no middle ground.

10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Since Trevor is Margaret's husband, he is not able to testify against her in court. That is how Margaret protected herself. Trevor got to share Margaret's wealth without having to do anything.  Plus Trevor knows how to slang the "D". 

13 hours ago, Pink ranger said:

I am confused about the arrangement between Trevor and Margaret.

In the flashback to the hospital room, Trevor states that he wanted to turn Margaret over to the police but then realised that her money will ensure her immunity from any consequences. He then blackmails her, money in exchange for his silence.

Back in 1989 Trevor proclaims that he doesn’t need the fancy stuff and          “ would rather die than be indebted to her” during the their fight.

But he isn’t indebted to her, it was a mutual arrangement. He can literally just walk out anytime and call the cops  on her. He can later sell as many high priced items as he can pile into the Bentley for money to get back on his feet.

Something didn’t make sense.

Trevor can’t be compelled to testify against her because of spousal privilege. But AFAIK, he has the option to waive that privilege and agree to testify. 

The thing is though, if he now went to the police with his story would he be considered an accessory after the fact? He’s had five years (less coma time) to come forward. I doubt he could claim to have been intimidated into silence by Margaret. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

Trevor can’t be compelled to testify against her because of spousal privilege. But AFAIK, he has the option to waive that privilege and agree to testify. 

The thing is though, if he now went to the police with his story would he be considered an accessory after the fact? He’s had five years (less coma time) to come forward. I doubt he could claim to have been intimidated into silence by Margaret. 

Also spousal privilege doesn’t apply when one spouse is accused of a crime against the other. Margaret intentionally tried to murder Trevor and very nearly succeeded. He can never be denied the right to seek justice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I'm assuming that's a typo, because I'm 41 and was born in 1978...but if not, please tell me how you bend time like that! Lol.

You're actually quoting the guy I quoted.

23 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am 40 and was born in 1974 so I was young in the 80s.

I'm assuming that's a typo, because I'm 41 and was born in 1978...but if not, please tell me how you bend time like that! Lol.

17 minutes ago, Dobian said:

You're actually quoting the guy I quoted.

Whoops, sorry about that!

23 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

The same way my mother can be 27.

i never meant literally 40.  But the previous post assumed anyone who liked the show was a millennial.  I am way past that and have even begun yelling at clouds.  Anyway my post stands as is.

ANd so does my love for this season.  I am hoping it ends well because this may end in my top 4.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

The same way my mother can be 27.

i never meant literally 40.  But the previous post assumed anyone who liked the show was a millennial.  I am way past that and have even begun yelling at clouds.  Anyway my post stands as is.

ANd so does my love for this season.  I am hoping it ends well because this may end in my top 4.

70's baby here.  I'm really digging this season also, and I wasn't a fangirl when I was fangirl age.  I'm enjoying the camp and the twists.  Some I admit I saw from a mile away, but still fun.  They've hit the 80's feel on the head unless my old, mid 40ish brain is remembering wrong.

• Love 5

The capture of Richard Ramirez is my favorite true crime story ever. Kind of neat to see it play out in live action, and with Jingles being the person who showed the ladies Ramirez's photo in the paper. I just wished they'd shown the part where the cops showed up and Richie basically begged them to save him. 

As far as AHS goes, this season is one of the list cohesive (Asylum is still my fave), although it's not scary and actually kind of boring. I liked the slasher movie stuff but it went on too long. I agree that Emma Roberts is much better this season and Billie Lourd still isn't a great actress.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2019 at 10:09 PM, SHD said:

What was with including Paul Shaffer in the festival acts? Must’ve been an inside joke.

Maybe Paul will do a version of "It's Raining Men," which he co-wrote in the 80's, and the extras used for Montana's Midnight Manerobics will get some more work. I don't see how Ryan Murphy could resist doing that.

• Love 1

One of my memories from childhood is reading the morning newspapers the day after Ramirez's arrest. I remember one line in particular, that "he had stumbled into a neighborhood of heroes." Except for the involvement of Benjamin, and the simplification from multiple attempted carjackings to just one, this was basically how his apprehension went down.

I was actually expecting Benjamin to find out his wife was cheating on him. There was a bit of a weird camera shot on her when he told her he was up for a promotion, so I thought maybe she was carrying on with his boss. I thought he'd find them together and snap and go back to his old ways, especially since Ramirez making it to Alaska so quickly, without Benjamin hearing about his escape on the news, seemed unlikely. But I guess Lorraine was indeed faithful, and just really unlucky. I didn't care for the dialogue written for her that essentially equated being a murderer and being a prostitute.

Okay, Brooke has won me over. Refusing to make a deal with Satan, staying strong through her execution - she really is an actual heroine. It was good to see after the disappointments of Trevor and Xavier going over to the dark side. And I was delighted that Donna was the one who saved her. Good on you, Donna.

I definitely visualized Ivana Trump when I saw Margaret. I really wonder what she's thinking with this concert. Okay, she doesn't know Benjamin is coming down from Alaska nor that Brooke actually survived the execution, but she surely knows there are a bunch of ghosts at the camp who hate her.

• Love 1