Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fake AF

The sisters meet a new sibling, restaurant owner NATE (guest star Michael Urie), who helps them secure one of the most exclusive reservations in New York. Unfortunately, the dinner doesn’t go as planned and Julia is forced to apologize to Roxy and Edie for her missteps. Meanwhile, Edie and Tim discuss starting a family, but Edie is conflicted on where she stands, Dr. Bechley begins his volunteer work at a hospital, where he uncovers another Bechley baby and Roxy invests her time in training her gymnastics protégé, Izzy, while tensions with her parents rise in the all-new “Fake AF” episode of ALMOST FAMILY airing Wednesday, Nov. 13 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (AFM-104) (TV-14 D, L, S)

I never like cheating storylines... So everything with Edie is getting me mad... I don't feel sorry for her... I don't like the D.A who's super pushy.... The only person her who's losing is Tim.... Was Roxy's mom putting on an act.. Cuz that felt real... I guess scumbags have feelings to... Watching the redheaded sister's lies fall apart was brutal... I was surprised that Issac went out with Roxy.. Up until he asked I got the feeling he was into the redhead... So maybe on some level she  was a bit jealous... I think she's got love for Tim on some level

• Love 5

I really want to like this show. The premise is interesting. Roxy is probably the most interesting. The rest? I want to like Julia but so much is so weird that I really don't. Like in this episode her telling the new brother so much and lying to him about Tim. It call coming out was so brutal. I really don't like Edie either. She's married but not happy for reasons, cheats on her husband with a woman. She's so unlikable. The woman she cheats on isn't any better. Plus its probably a bad idea since their on the opposite sides of the case. Timothy Hutton's character is so not sympathetic not that he should be. But his weird interest in the babies he conceived is creepy and his lack of understanding that what he did was wrong. Its hard to feel sorry for him. Roxy's parents are straight up horrible people as sincere as her mother's speech was in the case its really hard to tell if it was sincere. She treats her daughter like crap and has been making money off her. 

• Love 5

I felt like Roxy's mom was acting.  She is losing her Cash Cow and resents it, the law suit is a way for them to make money.  Of course, I was watching the other, British or Australian I can't remember (it's on Netflix),version of this so Roxy's parents on that version may be coloring my opinion of this one. 

I want to like this show but they are making it SO hard to like any of the main characters. 

Edited by CoolMom
Edited to attempt to fix my awful run on thought.
  • Love 4
On 11/14/2019 at 6:57 AM, UNOSEZ said:

I never like cheating storylines... So everything with Edie is getting me mad... I don't feel sorry for her... I don't like the D.A who's super pushy.... The only person her who's losing is Tim.... Was Roxy's mom putting on an act.. Cuz that felt real... I guess scumbags have feelings to... Watching the redheaded sister's lies fall apart was brutal... I was surprised that Issac went out with Roxy.. Up until he asked I got the feeling he was into the redhead... So maybe on some level she  was a bit jealous... I think she's got love for Tim on some level

Oh she's got love for Tim on many,many levels.

I want to feel sorry for Julia, but OMG she's just so completely awful. Seriously awful.

• Love 2

I don't blame Julia for having feelings for Tim.  He was her boyfriend, who she was in love with, and he left her for Edie, who was kind of her friend/family friend.  She's not hitting on him, it's not a secret (everyone knows she still loves him), and she's not trying to upset his marriage.  She just has feelings that have never gone away.  

• Love 4

I might just be carrying over something I remember from the Australian version (I don't specifically remember if this even was something in that show), but I get the impression that Tim didn't leave Julia for Edie but rather she pulled away when her mom died.  He said something in an early episode that gave me that impression.  It would explain why there isn't any animosity between them about it. 

I don't know if they will go this route but I also got the impression that Edie's initial interest in him was based on his relationship with Julia.  That isn't to say that I think she didn't/doesn't genuinely love him.  I just thought it was interesting that she acknowledged a history of envying the apparent idelic and supportive family life Julia had.  Julia's awesome, kind, smart, gorgeous ex could have looked like entering into that life.  

All that said, I like Julia and Edie's messy, deep relationship. 

• Love 3