Type keyword(s) to search

The Music Videos Topic: Remember Those?

canaanite2
  • Start Topic

Anyone want to watch a really happy drummer? Back left. The camera doesn't focus on him much, but he's really going for it! Some of the others are enjoying themselves too, especially the female singer. She's trying not to smile, but it creeps through. Still, the drummer is the highlight.

New Enslaved video. The music is less heavy than a lot of their stuff. But what's interesting is that for a viking metal band, they chose an actress who doesn't fit the normal Scandinavian look. Black hair, brown eyes. For that matter, there's other modern imagery. I suppose it's an examination of the changing face of our world and those who choose the neoviking path. Good stuff.

I find this very strange, Benjamin Moore Regal paint product placement in videos. It seems like such an odd place for a house paint product placement to me. I've only seen it in these two, but there may be others. Has anyone seen them in any other videos?

Whitney Houston, Clean Bandit - How Will I Know 

Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head 

• Love 1

New Rammstein video! They seem so eager to build walls and shoot guns, all while watching a madman rant and rave on TV. And then there's the lyrics. Even if it's not a literal black man, it still feels uncomfortably familiar. All very good, but a real downer too.

• Love 1

Madonna had all the sexiest ones to me including this one here which wasn't shown until after midnight or was banned.  She was more sexy/sensual to me growing up than watching adult videos

But I thought of this one recently.  Very original for its time

• Love 1
On 11/7/2022 at 6:34 AM, BlueSkies said:

Madonna had all the sexiest ones to me including this one here which wasn't shown until after midnight or was banned.  She was more sexy/sensual to me growing up than watching adult videos

I liked her older stuff the best.  As a kid my Mom and I would go to the library a few times a month and I would "borrow" The Immaculate Collection CD quite often. I don't know why I didn't just ask for it since my Mom or Nana would've gotten it for me.  Even though neither of them did anything to make me feel guilty for asking for stuff, my Mom kind of trained me to always look for things on sale.  I think I may have thought the CD was too expensive.  I overthought things way too much back then. 

I still liked Madonna in the later 90's but I kind of drifted away from her music after the "Music" album in 2001 I think. I remember being obsessed with the music video for her song Holiday which was from a performance shown in her documentary Truth or Dare. I remember really wanting those pants she had on with the poka-dotted flounces at the bottom and the black version of them the backup dancers were wearing too...😄

P.S.: I thought I remembered also seeing a music video on TV back then where her hair was in a top knot ponytail. The video above and the others on YT say it was the Truth or Dare version where her hair is short with loose curls.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

I liked her older stuff the best.  As a kid my Mom and I would go to the library a few times a month and I would "borrow" The Immaculate Collection CD quite often. I don't know why I didn't just ask for it since my Mom or Nana would've gotten it for me.  Even though neither of them did anything to make me feel guilty for asking for stuff, my Mom kind of trained me to always look for things on sale.  I think I may have thought the CD was too expensive.  I overthought things way too much back then. 

I still liked Madonna in the later 90's but I kind of drifted away from her music after the "Music" album in 2001 I think. I remember being obsessed with the music video for her song Holiday which was from a performance shown in her documentary Truth or Dare. I remember really wanting those pants she had on with the poka-dotted flounces at the bottom and the black version of them the backup dancers were wearing too...😄

P.S.: I thought I remembered also seeing a music video on TV back then where her hair was in a top knot ponytail. The video above and the others on YT say it was the Truth or Dare version where her hair is short with loose curls.

This one maybe?

You might like Finally Enough Love.  Has remixes of all her dance classics 

• Applause 2
1 hour ago, BlueSkies said:

My late teenage years she caused me plenty wet dreams/ destroyed boxer shorts with these performances.  Such times lol.  I don’t miss going through puberty 

That live clip is so gloriously overblown. It's utterly ridiculous and I love it. Good find!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Anduin said:

That live clip is so gloriously overblown. It's utterly ridiculous and I love it. Good find!

Yeah.  Her over tan added to the whole thing.

Surprised it wasn’t more controversial but I guess because it was in Europe 

• Like 2

Her look in this video and many others was the source of endless masturbation for me.   "I'm not your bitch don't hang your shit on me" is one of my best friends lives mantra whose Madonnas biggest fan 

The Warning are a trio of sisters from Mexico, who decided to start a band. Three albums later, and a lot of their stuff is on YT. I share this one because look at the drummer! I can't remember the last time I saw a drummer so physical. Normally it's the limbs moving, sure. But she throws her whole body into it, and sings at the same time. Damn. As good as the other two are, I'm calling her the band's MVP.

(edited)
9 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

This one really makes the panties drop.

That one is still a favorite of mine. I loved the Back to Basics album it was on as a whole. Her voice really worked well for those songs.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 3

Stacy Lattisaw- wonderful person and singer.   But um yeah dancing, image, and music videos were never her thing so he quit the industry.  I think in this video the dancers reactions at the beginning were real.... they were annoyed.

Oh yeah also a future billion dollar hip hop mogul tries to show Stacy how to dance here

I just saw the most amazing video by a French DJ. Watch it, then come back for my thoughts.

First, did he just ask the army to go out and drive a couple of tanks around in a field? I suppose the drivers might appreciate doing something unusual. Second, where the hell did he find a wheelchair dancer who looks convincingly like a soldier? I didn't even know wheelchair dancing was a thing, but to find someone with the right look must have been like finding a unicorn. Wow.

I suppose this is the right place for it. The Warning error compilation. A bunch of times where something went wrong or someone screwed up. Good fun.