Type keyword(s) to search

The Music Videos Topic: Remember Those?

canaanite2
  • Start Topic

I just noticed VH1 Classic is now playing '90s stuff in hour long blocks titled 90s Rocked, and it is everything. Whomever is programing it must not be the same jerk in charge of their other stuff because the variety is off the chain. I skimmed through maybe 5 hours worth and they never repeated a video or an artist. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure what this video is saying. It looks like all the kids with the supernatural powers are being held prisoner by evil people, but when the angel girl gets rescued, she jumps off the building with the guy who rescues her & flies away while he dies. This makes me wonder if the kids were all evil beings being held by the good guys, & they escaped. It's just not clear either way.

I'm loving Mark Ronson's new song with Bruno Mars. Love the video, too.

GaT, she looks like Kim Kardashian.

Rick Kitchen, oh man! That's the first time I've seen that video. I wasn't expecting that.

Edited by nicepebbles
  • Love 1

nicepebbles, the Uptown Funk video was the one I was coming in here to post about!  I love it.  Funny, I first heard the song on Tuesday and immediately downloaded it to my iphone and on Thursday, our Zumba teacher introduced us to a new routine to Uptown Funk. 

• Love 2

I hate myself for loving this video. It's another one with "women as inanimate objects/slaves" imagery. But the song is catchy and there's something funny about it that comes through that offsets the creep factor. 

Edited by canaanite2

I hate myself for loving this video. It's another one with "women as inanimate objects/slaves" imagery. But the song is catchy and there's something funny about it that comes through that offsets the creep factor. 

LOL, I posted this video in the Music Videos: The Worst thread, I can't stand it!!!!!!

(

)

I love this video by Butch Walker and The Black Widows.  But then, I love the movie "Dazed and Confused", so I think it's just really a fun riff on the movie!  And I think it's great that Matthew McConaughey went along with it...  

Edited by loriro

To be honest, I don't really get a pedophilia vibe from it, but I think it's terrible.  She's trying to pull off something really artistic, but it's so bad it's laughable. I'm going to hell for criticizing this kid, but she's awful in this.  I can just picture Abby Lee Miller off to the side screaming out the different facial expressions she's supposed to have. And Shia?  Really?  Your career wasn't crappy enough lately, you thought this was a good idea? Yikes.

• Love 1

I just saw this video on MTV & could not stop laughing. Besides the band's ridiculous name (The Fooo Conspiracy) & their "dancing" abilities, the guy in the 1980s Olivia Newton John headband is just so stupid looking. I guess you have to be a young girl to appreciate them. Like around 3 or 4 years old.

• Love 1

The Fooo Conspiracy (Originally The Fooo) takes their name from the names of the band members - Felix, Oscar, Oscar and Omar.  We have Justin Bieber to thank for inflicting them on the world - he saw a video of theirs and asked them to open for him.  But they are big in Sweden, their home country.

"The Call" by the Backstreet Boys. I remember watching it for the first time with my brother and sister, and the "plot twist" of fake Howie took us by surprise! LOL We were all like "Holy shit! Holy shit!"  ( "Everybody" was also fun. I guess I like the movie vibe in videos. )

"Stan" by Eminem, the song wouldn't have gotten to me so much without the video. 

I also liked "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears. Simply a fun video to watch in my pre-teen years. 

This isn't the actual music video, but it's the

for "She Knows" by Neyo and Juicy J. I'm mentioning it because...why can't none of these stanks dance to the beat of the freaking song? I'm not a big fan of Neyo, but the song is pretty by-the-numbers dance track. It's not, like, insulting to women, it has a good beat, and Juicy J's part is pretty uneventful, but even it works in its mediocrity. Why are they trying so hard to dance to it? It's like they're dancing to a remix we can't hear.
(edited)

I really like Taylor's "Style" video:

It's clearly a throwback to those slick, sexy videos from the late 80's/early 90's. Also, Dominic Sherwood's eyes are pretty damn cool.

Edited by methodwriter85

Does it annoy anyone else when a music video stops playing the music to have a little dancing or acting interlude? It annoys the hell out of me, I think it completely breaks the flow of the music & ruins how the song sounds. A couple of examples:

Cheyenne by Jason Derulo it happens around the 3:05 mark

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons it happens around the 2:10 mark

(edited)

I don't know why, but "Arthur Fonzerlli's got an army of clones" is the part that always sends me into a fit of giggles.  That and "I'll pose like Rocky tonight!"

"I'll do anything for love" by Meatloaf could probably be here all on it's own (seriously, what the hell is going on in that video?), but it also got the literal video treatment:

Edited by Princess Sparkle

This is ridiculous and magical all at once. It's downright primitive, really. First, Mick in his early 80's 'fashion.' Yes, it was real. Peter Tosh is sitting on the stoop for some reason but hey, why not? Keith, fairly freshly heroin free but clearly not having given up anything else, just rolls down the street with his hair and his cigarette and his scarf and clothes he's probably been wearing for a few days... Some might say he's drunk but I'd say, at that point, that's just how he was. He's still pretty much that way.

I love that they go into this little dive bar and it's all cramped and whatever. That is so clearly real drinks they've got. I love how Keith gets his beer and just stares into the camera for a few beats before having a drink and then saying hello to Ronnie. Ronnie's hair... wow. What's really kind of weird to think about they're all in their late 30s and into their 40s here.

• Love 3

I caught part of this video on MTV & immediately became obsessed with the song. I downloaded it the song & must have played it 100 times by now LOL. It's a shame Jojo wasn't around for so long.

I love this video by Butch Walker and The Black Widows.  But then, I love the movie "Dazed and Confused", so I think it's just really a fun riff on the movie!  And I think it's great that Matthew McConaughey went along with it...  

That was a pretty nod to his old character. Matthew McCounaughey looked surprisingly good doing it- then again, the point of Wooderson was that he wasn't a fresh-faced teenager.

Speaking of paying homage, Aimee Mann did a shot-by-shot remake of Voices Carry for her song called Labrador:

That rat-tail made this.

• Love 2