Type keyword(s) to search

The Music Videos Topic: Remember Those?

canaanite2
  • Start Topic

This is a thread for general music video discussion. For starters, can anyone explain to me the symbolism in Naughty Boys La La video? The hearts in the cooler. The elephant mask. The demon statue in the cave. I want to know what it's all supposed to mean!

(edited)

I love the Backstreet Boys video for 'Everybody', but then again I'm biased.... it has Antonio Fargas in it. (Huggy Bear from 'Starsky & Hutch' - who Snoop Dog, was NOT a pump!)

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

I was thinking that the LaLa video had something to do with the Krampus myth, but the elephant mask doesn't fit in with that. 

I'm all for gay rights, but I don't like Demi Lovato's Really Don't Care video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJGUbwVMBeA  It's very "look at me, I'm being edgy and subversive by supporting same-sex kissing and making out and drag queens." It's a dated concept within the context of the gay rights movement IMO and a tasteless closeup crotch shot does little to further the cause. 

• Love 1

There's this homage to Clueless I saw recently that I found pretty impressive.

I think the Katy Perry video for "Birthday" is great, I didn't know she had it in her.

I like this song & video, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what the video is about. The band is driving the Japanese girl insane?

• Love 1

This is a thread for general music video discussion. For starters, can anyone explain to me the symbolism in Naughty Boys La La video? The hearts in the cooler. The elephant mask. The demon statue in the cave. I want to know what it's all supposed to mean!

It's based on a Bolivian legend

I like this song & video, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what the video is about. The band is driving the Japanese girl insane?

I saw that video this morning and went to wikipedia, hoping for something to enlighten me.  According to the page for the song: "The band comments: 'The video is about a Japanese fan of the band who becomes delirious and has hallucinations of band members and our logo appearing unexpectedly in her daily life as a chef.'"

So you were close!

We went to a Kool and the Gang concert last night (so much fun!) and my daughter was asking about which songs they sang.  She didn't know the song "Misled" by the title and since I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I found the video for her.  Ummm.......

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 1

May I present Kate Bush and her rollerskating dunces?

WTF?! Another Kate Bush video that creeped me out was "Running Up That Hill." It starts out normal enough with her dancing, but that weird crap with the cutout faces pasted on people as they march by is wrong.

I submit R.E.M's "Losing My Religion", solely for the scene where the guy is sticking his fingers in the fallen angel's wound; that has always disturbed me. I'm all in for Michael Stipe's dancing though :)

That scene used to wig me out so badly when I was a kid! I loved that song, and the video was cool right until that effing scene, man. I'm still not OK seeing that.

• Love 3

We went to a Kool and the Gang concert last night (so much fun!) and my daughter was asking about which songs they sang.  She didn't know the song "Misled" by the title and since I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I found the video for her.  Ummm.......

Never saw this one...reminds me of Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me"...wonder if they had the same director?

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga have an album coming out September 19 called "Cheek to Cheek".  Tony compared Lady Gaga to Ella Fitzgerald.

Here's one of the songs from the album.  I like it.

Oh my.  In my wildest dreams I would never put those two together.

I really like this song, but the video is a little strange especially since the singer is the blonde girl, not the Asian girl.

Actually, It's not the blonde girl either. You only see (barely) the singer for a few seconds when the Asian girl imagines she's at the bands concert. The blonde girl plays the cello (but you never actually see her play it in the video). The singer is Jess Glynne  who isn't a member of the group & is just guesting on the song. It seems really strange to me that you never really see her, even though she's in the video..