Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Wide Awake

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

GIbbs has always had a soft spot for children.

The only annoying thing about the episode is that McGee the MIT computer expert doesn’t know common texting shorthand.   That’s the first sign you are getting old fella.   If that is where the show is going with McGee they need to be less subtle about it.  He’s not as young and in touch as he use to be.   If not it was just kinda.....glaring.

I haven’t looked up the actress playing the mother, but she seems a little young. But, hey, let’s see how it goes.

I also find it interesting the neighbor’s kid is a boy. But I guess in today’s time, to have a 60+ man showing interest in a ten-year-old girl would be ... well, yucky.

• Love 1

I've been a loyal NCIS fan over the years, but I'm about to tap out. I had it on and realized I wasn't even watching the show, I was busy doing other things. And didn't care enough to rewind and watch since I had DVR'd it. 

Not only did I turn it off mid-episode, I deleted it. Because I just didn't care. 

• Love 1

So few comments...this is just sad. I've been a loyal fan for years, too, and while I don't want to see the show end, it's not much fun watching it limp along.

Some sort of energy is missing in the show, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I liked having both psychologists working on validating hypnosis (particularly since it led to the solving of the crime, because if it hadn't, it would have been rather pointless), but I thought using the technique on Torres and letting Bishop watch was unprofessional. 

I liked Gibbs' kindness to the neighbor boy and his mom. That's one of the aspects of the show I've always liked -- when Gibbs shows how offering kindness to someone is so easy and it could mean much more than you would ever think.

• Love 4

I hope neighbor isn’t new love interest so then we will get angsty Jack. That would not be fun to see. I liked the twist on who the killer was because I was debating between the girl faking everything and the shady therapist. I’m still liking the show and will continue to watch (or at least have it on in the background).

• Love 2

I really tried to watch this, but it didn't hold my attention and I stopped mid-way and deleted it from my DVR.

As others have said - I've been a long time fan since the beginning, the show has lost it's shine and I think I'm out from now on. 

And this is from someone who, for years, referred to watching NCIS as my "date night with Mark Harmon." 

I know people have their favorites, but give me McGee, Tony, Abby, Gibbs, Ducky, and any director except Sheppard, and I'm good. 

• Love 2