Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Dead Man Running

Trini
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Re-watch thoughts:

Third episode without the "My name is Barry Allen..." intro. I don't think it's coming back; and that's fine with me. The "previously on..." part had Barry saying they weren't going to tell the team he was going to die, but that wasn't in the previous episode.

Ralph's subplot: The only good scene was the last one with him and his mother. I wish the lead up to that had been better. In theory, getting some backstory for Ralph and meeting his family is a good idea; but I don't think the writing or the actress really sold their relationship (until the last scene).

I get what they were trying to do: prepping Ralph for a future love interest; but I think would have rather seen him investigating the Dearbon case instead.

Also, they showed Cecile using her powers to (very obviously) cheat at cards, but she couldn't tell that Deb had been lying the whole time?

Wells #3745: Oh yay, yet another wacky Wells with his own secret agenda that will initially conflict with Team Flash's goals. But at least we got a couple of Iris/Cisco scenes out of it. Also tasing!

There's been setup for several mysteries so far in these first episodes; I hope we get some payoff soon and before Crisis.

Iris and Allegra: Brief subplot, but not bad. Iris does work with Team Flash stuff as well as her media company, and there would be some conflict of interest for her. If your not in the know with TF shenanigans, it does look shady half the time. It's interesting that they are addressing this early. Will this come down to choosing between Team Flash and CCC? (Although, I don't think she will really be able to be completely separate from Team Flash.) Allegra might eventually get in the know with Team Flash (but not an actual "member") but we can't have that for every CCC employee.

Anyway, new courtyard(?) set next to Iris' office! Another hangout spot? I did want more options for the office, so that's good.

Killer Frost: As inconsistent as ever; nothing new there. And yeah, her subplot had shades of Ralph and Nora's previous arcs, but at least here it's only for one episode. (I hope.) But here's one reason why it works even less than those arcs - she's not a newbie, she's been with the Team for a while now. She shouldn't have to be learning these lessons now.

It's a little weird to have Caitlin completely absent/dormant for 2 whole episodes. I don't think the show can sustain this 'two people in one body' situation for long, now that it is fleshing out KF. I think they need to either merge or physically separate them.

Barry/Rosso: Glad the Bloodwork arc moved forward and was the A-plot. Zombie Romero was gross, but I guess we're in for more of that with this villain. Grant and Sendhil make good scene partners. Rosso does seem to be the villain that has the most in common with Barry. (er- besides Savitar) I hope they can keep that dynamic interesting for the rest of this arc.

I guess exploding the zombie worked, but it seemed a huge waste of dark matter.

Well, I really missed WestAllen and Joe this week. At least Barry & Iris got to have some fun at a party!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2