Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Callahan: Love Is All Around

• Start Topic

Hello everyone! I am not a native English speaker, so please excuse my mistake.

Today, I saw a picture on Twitter about Criminal Minds. My older sister uses IMDB and posts on her account there. I saw some person had edited a picture of her account to say bad things about Jennifer Love Hewitt. (I had to Google her name to spell right, lol.) https://twitter.com/littleCupcakeAJ/status/685699582194487296

Firstly, is this okay to do on Twiter? She thought it was like "impersonation." The person tried to send to Criminal Minds staff. We don't want them to think it's real.

Then, where I lived, she is a quite recent character but we like her basically. In Criminal Mind's country, is she really so hated? "She doesn't really do anything" is what many people said over there...I wonder if here is different.

I shouldn't worry about this now. I have homework to do. (╬゚◥益◤゚) ╬゚

Hi. You're talking about my twitter account. English is not my first language..it's not even my 2nd language but i'll try to explain...whatever, i don't really care what you think about me tbh..but you're wrong if you think JLH is the victim here!

Looking at my tweets you might be thinking that i'm crazy...that's because you don't understand what's going on.

jlh has insane, sick fans. 1 of them always makes up different twitter accounts about AJ (here's a few:@AjHideousCook, @AjCookKillUrself, @AjLeaveTheEarth) and (s)he's sending TERRIBLE, heartbreaking, soul crushing tweets to AJ.

like : "when will you kill yourself already?we want JLH,not you.You're a worthless ugly fat cow.Stop shoving your disgusting body down our throats" "you should never show your body anywhere you fat pig.If u accidentally sit on some1 that person dies"

Just a few minutes before sending these tweets to AJ the very same account was talking about how AJ is very skinny and that she's starving herself. This person deliberately tries to cause serious body image issues to AJ.

(S)he also said things like AJ has the ugliest kids because they look like her. + The world would be a better place if she never existed, everyone would be happy if she died.

And other terrible, terrible things.

At this moment the account is gone , it got suspended. But this very sick jlh fan will come back with another terrible account in no time.

We're literally begging jlh to do something to stop her sick fans from bullying AJ.

If you care about AJ even a little bit..you can see the underlying sadness in her eyes and its incredibly sad to see how thin she's getting. She's getting more&more thin everytime we see her. I don't care what the AJ/JJ haters have to say about this..we know that she's affected by the hate she's getting. We can see it.

She's barely on twitter, we barely saw her on bts pics all year. Sometimes we go months without hearing anything about AJ.

Is it fair that AJ's been bullied into silence by jlh's psychopath fans and instead of asking her fans to stop doing it jlh is on twitter talking about how happy she is and how motivated she is about things...

it's not fair.

Recently i started re-tweeting the hate tweets from the jlh fan to Kirsten, Joe, MGG and every CM cast member so they know about what AJ is going through because of jlh and  they can be there for AJ & support her.

Harry Bring - Executive Producer of Criminal Minds, BJ Rogers - Costume Designer and Aisha (she worked with jlh on g.w) liked a few of my tweets about jlh and her fans . Harry liked 3 of my tweets about JLH ruining the show. Which means- JLH wasn't "loved" on the CM set. Who knows what was happening behind the scenes....and i guess Aisha had a bad experience working with her on g.w 10 years ago.

Hi and welcome yuruhee! You are wise to try and ignore this person, both here and on Twitter, as attention just feeds the hysteria. I don't think AJ, JLH or any of the stars take any of this stuff seriously, they very likely ignore it, too, or have a designated person to keep an eye on any weirdos, to make sure there's no stalking or threats going on. PreviouslyTV has a nifty "Ignore" feature that is recommended for anyone you find irritating and unreasonable. It's better than getting into a fight with them, and I should know!

• Love 7

A Private Message is the way to go when you want to talk about those that may seem less that rational on twitter. A question was asked, got answered. Let us leave the subject of twitter to those on twitter, thanks.

• Love 1

I don't use Twittter, but I never liked Kate.

There was nothing really interesting about her, and everyone (team members) seemed to like her and get along with her right away, which was pretty cheesy and uninteresting. Her experience

with undercover investigations seemed interesting, but was never explored. She also didn't seem to have an especially close bond or chemistry with any team member in particular, she was just... there. The finale centered around her and an even less developed character related to her (her niece) was unforgivable.

• Love 3

I agree MMC. The writers seem to pick a characteristic from way back that garnered a fan reaction and then inflate it out of all credibility. So the quirky and original Garcia has now become this cartoon-like pseudo genius with kitten ears who is still squicking about the job after over a decade and irritates me no end. Everyone oohed when JJ had Henry and so now JJ is this uber mother figure who is the only one who can empathise with anything to do with kids. Then they decided to make JJ into a version of Prentiss crossed with Seaver so we had this dreadful super agent ninja mom - although it is true that this season we have seen JJ toned down into a more believable character.  Reid - our lovely Reid - who was so adorably dorky at the start is so often written as being even more of a dork and a joke - again after over a decade. It is such a relief when we get a writer who writes him as the 35 year old professional FBI profiler he should be - so often (and I'm looking especially at Virgil Williams) he is written as the butt of jokes and with the same social ineptitude he had at the start. Hotch is always grim and stoic and seems to be only there to say "Wheels up in 30" especially as JJ seems to be determining when it's time to give the profile. The writers seem to have stagnated the characters in an exaggerated version of how they were at the start and only concentrate on the unsubs these days. It is a shame - yet so many of us are hanging on because once or twice a season we get an episode that shows what a great show it should be.

Yes! Agree with this 100%. And welcome Yuruhee!

• Love 3

There was nothing really interesting about her, and everyone (team members) seemed to like her and get along with her right away, which was pretty cheesy and uninteresting. Her experience

with undercover investigations seemed interesting, but was never explored. She also didn't seem to have an especially close bond or chemistry with any team member in particular, she was just... there. The finale centered around her and an even less developed character related to her (her niece) was unforgivable.

And this? Is a reasoned, thought-out opinion. With no mention of her being fat and ugly or how her baby bump resembled a beer gut.. But Twitter is where civility goes to die and then come back as a flesh-eating zombie.

• Love 9

And this? Is a reasoned, thought-out opinion. With no mention of her being fat and ugly or how her baby bump resembled a beer gut.. But Twitter is where civility goes to die and then come back as a flesh-eating zombie.

Preach, CoStar, preach!

I really wanted to warm up to Kate because I do like JLH and Kate seemed like a thorough professional and she had sense of humor. Sadly, the writers never gave her enough substance for JLH to work with plus there was the ooky business with her dipshit niece. If Kate had more than one season, and if the writers could write decent characters perhaps Kate would have become more for me as a viewer.

So to me, the holy trinity of brunettes-Elle, Emily and Alex-are my favorite female characters. I think I would get along with them just fine both professionally and personally. I think Elle and I would connect on a activist level. Emily and I are both total dorks, and I can see us trading silly jokes trying to alleviate the seriousness of our daily jobs with the BAU. And being a total word nerd, I can see Alex as a great mentor to me, her left-brained analytical style being a great counter to my more right-brained creative style.

• Love 2

I liked Kate. I even like Elle and of course Prentiss. I warmed up to Blake and came to like her. The other female profilers I don't like. I'm on the fence about Lewis though.

I really want to like Lewis because I like Aisha Tyler a lot; but the current incarnation makes Lewis look too much like an interloper rather than a true part of the team.

• Love 2

AJ is an adult. She's been in the business for quite some time now, and I'm sure she doesn't let insane fanatical posts bother her. She probably doesn't even read them. It's better to ignore this stuff than make a fuss over it. That just gives the poster satisfaction that he/she is stirring up all the AJ Cook fans, which is exactly his/her intention. I'm a Hotch fan. When I see crap on line about Thomas Gibson, I ignore it. Hint, hint. I have noticed that you seem to be the only poster here on PTV who is all worked up about this subject, but you persist in trying to make an issue out of it.  I'm not a mod, but I think if you want to talk about AJ, you should post on the AJ/JJ page and not the Kate Callahan page. 

• Love 2

AJ is an adult. She's been in the business for quite some time now, and I'm sure she doesn't let insane fanatical posts bother her. She probably doesn't even read them. It's better to ignore this stuff than make a fuss over it. That just gives the poster satisfaction that he/she is stirring up all the AJ Cook fans, which is exactly his/her intention. I'm a Hotch fan. When I see crap on line about Thomas Gibson, I ignore it. Hint, hint. I have noticed that you seem to be the only poster here on PTV who is all worked up about this subject, but you persist in trying to make an issue out of it.  I'm not a mod, but I think if you want to talk about AJ, you should post on the AJ/JJ page and not the Kate Callahan page. 

I'm friendly with a woman who writes about politics for an alternative Milwaukee-based publication. She writes about politics at the city, state and national level. Most of the comments she gets at the publication's website are fairly respectful other than one troll who leaves the most racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and bigoted comments. I once asked her about this troll, and she says it's best to just ignore him, (unless he starts making threats). She has more important things to do. I have the feeling AJ and Thomas feel the same way, and thank goodness these two conduct themselves like professional adults.

On-topic. I hope JLH is doing well, too and enjoying her little ones. No doubt she is very busy with two little ones. My mom and me and my sister in quick succession and to her, it's a big blur of diapers, breastfeeding, and sleepless nights.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Those manic JLH fans are almost as bad as the manic AJC fans! Good job this board is mostly sensible and grown up.

Speaking of JLH I have to say that Harry Brings's latest tweet pisses the hell out of me.What a bleeping hypocrite he is.But I guess AJ fans hating on JLH is perfectly okay but not the other way around.He needs to make it clear that he opposes the hatred he sees being spewed at both actresses.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MMC said:

Speaking of JLH I have to say that Harry Brings's latest tweet pisses the hell out of me.What a bleeping hypocrite he is.But I guess AJ fans hating on JLH is perfectly okay but not the other way around.He needs to make it clear that he opposes the hatred he sees being spewed at both actresses.

Exactly. Though, I think he did respond to someone who always bad mouths JLH a week or so ago, but yeah, his tweets should have reflected the need for respect or at least common decency for both. 

In any case, I hope JLH is doing well. I liked her on the show.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, autumnmountains said:

Exactly. Though, I think he did respond to someone who always bad mouths JLH a week or so ago, but yeah, his tweets should have reflected the need for respect or at least common decency for both. 

In any case, I hope JLH is doing well. I liked her on the show.

Well I am glad that Harry at least did that much.And my apologize to thewhiteowl for my having forgotten what she said about the subject of tweeter on here.

• Love 1

I don't mind quoting posts from twitter so much as fan bashing that has gone hand in hand with it. Some of us are JLH fans and some are AJC fans so when an entire fan base is bashed then your fellow posters are bashed. That's not being respectful or civil. If there is an interesting or informative tweet you wish to share that's fine. Even encouraged but the fan bashing needs to stay elsewhere. There seem to be many other sites that tolerate it. Thanks for understanding. 

• Love 3

I really didn't like that scene in X, i thought they were gonna make Kate one of those sanctimonious "going' rogue" babes that are so tiresome. They did calm it down, but unfortunately replaced it with the niece/daughter dreck. I thought JLH did well in the role, but I just think it was badly conceived from the get-go.

• Love 2

Kate might be my least favorite character (from the ones who have been a part of the team). She was one cliche wrapped into another, and another, and another. But, sadly, I would still take season ten over the current one. 

On 2016. 04. 07. at 9:40 PM, Mislav said:

'unforgivable' is the word here.  All TG got is a mention at end of 12x06, this is the send off he deserves after 12 years? while this (so called) woman got a whole season finale centered around her. I asked Harry Bring & John Hatchitt about this and they agreed with me, they liked many of my tweets... They agreed that TG deserved better while JLH got more than what she deserved. Hotch can't be erased nor will TG be forgotten.

JLH never did anything for anybody when she was on cm, she never even said one nice thing about the cast, she went on talk shows and talked about her kids. She's ruined the show for millions of people, cm lost MILLIONS OF VIEWERS when she put herself on the show ..like at least she should try to be a kind person and say something nice about all the talented people who's hard work she ruined. The arrogance is sickening.

TG put his heart and soul into the show for 12 years, he always said the kindest things about the CM family. He's not taking anything away from anyone & the kindnesses he gave to others will never be forgotten. The send off TG got and the season-long-storyline JLH got paints a false picture of the impact they had on the cm family (cast,crew and fans). 12 years of memories cannot be forgotten while no one remembers JLH or Kate.

I'd say TG wins.

19 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

I gave up on my Twitter ages ago!

Its a cesspool, at least when it comes to attacking, sorry I meant 'interacting with' celebrities.  Seeing some of the comments/reactions to things people have done on Twitter to celebs is just horrible, honestly.  But there is so much courage to be had when one can hide behind a monitor or smartphone while throwing 'verbal' poop at someone just because their a small person that's jealous of the one that's being demeaned.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

^ reading the above posts reminds me of this one simple fact........ Twitter is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity.

I agree. Twitter can be a great thing, and also a reminder of the worst part of humanity. JLH was in the show 3 years ago but the cm family can't seem to get rid of her. Her fans have been threatening the lives of cm cast members and their families. AJ left twitter and facebook entiely because of them. They have to degrade the youngest, most beautiful girl in the show to make JLH feel good about her awful self. Celebs have power over their fanbase, and if they want to they can at least call fans out when they're being shtty. Over the last 3 years we've asked JLH to do something a million times. we've begged, pleaded and asked very nicely, but she never did anything to stop them from bullying AJ and Paget. As long as she's not the one being bullied she doesn't care, even though it's her fault that they're being harassed.

This is what the cm cast get in return for being nice to her. AJ was so incredibly kind to her.

As Harry said once in an interview, Criminal Minds fans are the best, nicest, most loyal fandom out there. CM fans never bullied JLH. Everyone was nice to her even though season 10 was painful to get through because of her, she ruined the show. Her fans are bullying everyone.

13 hours ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

Over the last 3 years we've asked JLH to do something a million times. we've begged, pleaded and asked very nicely, but she never did anything to stop them from bullying AJ and Paget. As long as she's not the one being bullied she doesn't care, even though it's her fault that they're being harassed.

I agree that she didn't add much to the show for me, but I don't get the hate.  While it is pretty lousy that she doesn't tell her fans to back off on the bullying, it is not her fault that her fans are bullying.  She could speak out about it and they don't have to listen.  Let's keep the blame with the bullies, please.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

I agree that she didn't add much to the show for me, but I don't get the hate.  While it is pretty lousy that she doesn't tell her fans to back off on the bullying, it is not her fault that her fans are bullying.  She could speak out about it and they don't have to listen.  Let's keep the blame with the bullies, please.  

I'd feel so bad if I was her and I'd do anything to defend AJ, Paget, MGG and TG from this kind of bullying. They were all unbelievably kind to her ..and this is what they get from her in return?

AJ was forced to hide her baby bump in S10 because of her. It was originally planned that AJ's pregnancy would be written in, but JLH got pregnant right after getting a job she was lucky to get in the first place and she threw a wrench in everyone's plans. AJ was very, very sick during her pregnancy, she barely got any screentime in s10e16&17 because she was so sick. It would've been so much easier for her if HER PREGNANCY was written in and she didn't have to do exhausting things/stunts. JLH didn't have these kind of problems and she was the one who was sitting all day long because they made her character pregnant. While for AJ, it was her & her baby's life and health that depended on this. AJ has a heart of gold and always puts others before herself.  ...This is the 'thank you' she gets from JLH? Her ***** fans are harassing, bulying, mentally abusing her and she says nothing.

This has been going on for 3 years and JLH never did anything about it. AJ is the last person to deserve any hate. She's beautiful inside and out, if only she felt this way about herself too. Beautiful souls are always the most insecure while the hideous ones are always the most confident. JLH seems overly confident. Unlike AJ, she's not being bullied every day. Bullying has devastating impact.

She's not even a part of this family, why are cast members who've been a part of the show from the beginning (for 12++years) being harassed BECAUSE OF HER? JLH was extremely lucky to be on the show. CM is one of the most successful tv shows ever while every tv show JLH's ever touched failed and died miserably. She should be grateful.

You seriously must know these people personally, because I have no idea if AJ is lovely or not or if JLH is truly arrogant.  Sometimes getting pregnant just happens, and multiple pregnancies in one office happen frequently, so I don't see how it is JLH's fault that the writers chose not to just have them both be pregnant at the same time.  Additionally, if AJ's and her baby's health was at stake, she could not be forced to perform stunts.  The writers and director put her in those situations, and she chose to perform them.  Although I never watched it, JLH was the star of The Ghost Whisperer for 5 years, which is pretty good for a TV show, albeit nothing like CM, but very shows are like CM, so I have to disagree that EVERYTHING she is on does poorly.  

I get that you feel strongly about this, but even if I obsessed about every social media and TV appearance they were a part of, I still don't know these two ladies, and I would be loathe to make character assumptions otherwise.  Your MMV of course, and my particular drive down this lane ends here.  

• Love 5

I said JLH *SEEMS* arrogant. Harry liked one of my tweets that says she's condescending and arrogant and she forced the CM cast to call her "Ms Hewitt" when she was on the show. (TG said this in an interview as well)
Everyone who met AJ/worked with her say she's the sweetest and loveliest person they've ever met. I assume there must be some sort of truth behind it.
Erica Messer said AJ's pregnancy couldn't have been written in because 2 pregnancies on the show would've been "too much". JLH got very big during her pregnancy while AJ stayed very tiny and thin so they had to make JLH's character pregnant instead of AJ's.
I don't think ghost whisper can be called a succes... Aisha left the show after season 1. I guess she had a wonderful time working with JLH.... When JLH made her way on the show everyone predicted that CM would be cancelled soon. She doesn't have the power to kill a succesful tv show that's been running for 10+years but ratings went drastically down during S10, they went up a little bit during S11 before Shemar left ..and now that the show lost TG & Hotch ratings are DOWN. It's not his fault tho, ratings are down because he's terribly missed, not because he ruined the show with his presence for millions of people. (<=JLH)

I drop the topic. This time should be about MGG & his beautiful performance. I find the prison storyline a disgrace to his character but MGG is doing a wonderful job portraying what's given in the script.

Sorry if my post started this discussion-again... I think we should not to comment on actors/actresses, especially not speculations based on Twitter (frankly, I don't care much about that site), and simply discuss characters. And even if the actor/actress is good, or just a nice person in general, that doesn't equal a good character. Sometimes a person just isn't fit for the role, or the writers don't write the character well, or both. In Kate's case, I think, it was both. Though I've heard of "Ghost Whisperer" and "Client List", before "Criminal Minds", I only ever watched Jennifer Love Hewitt in (both) Garfield live-action movies (I must have been living under a rock LOL), so I probably can't really comment on her (overall) acting abilities. But I simply didn't like the character of Kate Callahan. I think it was a combination of the way she was portrayed and the way her character was written. 

At the risk of sounding offensive, I find her character impossible to take seriously, but majority of season ten was like that (the whole arc with Kate's niece, Garcia's concern over the creep who tried to murder Reid [who could have easily lived for the next 10-15 years if he was that afraid to die, he simply should have kept appealing, and if he didn't confess to other crimes after being caught, he might not have been sentenced to death at all, so the death sentence was completely his fault, in more ways than it normally is], BAU investigating a terrorist attack that would have been investigated by secret services and Homeland security and bunch of other more powerful organizations [and how do you profile a guy who blows up a plane, anyway-especially since the method of the attack means all the victims died as a result of that attack-not much of an M.O., the crime scene is horribly compromised, the perpetraitor didn't contact the authorities or media, trying to take credit and/or spread his agenda-why were the profilers even there, and they were actually called in before it was even confirmed that was a terrorist attack?], JJ's PTSD "story", Hotch breaking up with Beth off-screen, Rossi discovering that he has a daughter, barely no mention of Alex Blake or Emily Prentiss throughout the season, which only made the character of Kate feel more forced, etc.)

And I agree that JJ was featured more prominently than Kate. JJ is not one of my favorite characters, and I didn't really like her storylines. But the problem is that I didn't like Kate, or her storylines, either. The only reason I'd rather watch season ten than the current one is because Aaron and Derek were still there and there was no risk of Spencer, like, f*ckind dying and all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mislav said:

Sorry if my post started this discussion-again... I think we should not to comment on actors/actresses, especially not speculations based on Twitter (frankly, I don't care much about that site), and simply discuss characters. And even if the actor/actress is good, or just a nice person in general, that doesn't equal a good character. Sometimes a person just isn't fit for the role, or the writers don't write the character well, or both. In Kate's case, I think, it was both. Though I've heard of "Ghost Whisperer" and "Client List", before "Criminal Minds", I only ever watched Jennifer Love Hewitt in (both) Garfield live-action movies (I must have been living under a rock LOL), so I probably can't really comment on her (overall) acting abilities. But I simply didn't like the character of Kate Callahan. I think it was a combination of the way she was portrayed and the way her character was written. 

At the risk of sounding offensive, I find her character impossible to take seriously, but majority of season ten was like that (the whole arc with Kate's niece, Garcia's concern over the creep who tried to murder Reid [who could have easily lived for the next 10-15 years if he was that afraid to die, he simply should have kept appealing, and if he didn't confess to other crimes after being caught, he might not have been sentenced to death at all, so the death sentence was completely his fault, in more ways than it normally is], BAU investigating a terrorist attack that would have been investigated by secret services and Homeland security and bunch of other more powerful organizations [and how do you profile a guy who blows up a plane, anyway-especially since the method of the attack means all the victims died as a result of that attack-not much of an M.O., the crime scene is horribly compromised, the perpetraitor didn't contact the authorities or media, trying to take credit and/or spread his agenda-why were the profilers even there, and they were actually called in before it was even confirmed that was a terrorist attack?], JJ's PTSD "story", Hotch breaking up with Beth off-screen, Rossi discovering that he has a daughter, barely no mention of Alex Blake or Emily Prentiss throughout the season, which only made the character of Kate feel more forced, etc.)

And I agree that JJ was featured more prominently than Kate. JJ is not one of my favorite characters, and I didn't really like her storylines. But the problem is that I didn't like Kate, or her storylines, either. The only reason I'd rather watch season ten than the current one is because Aaron and Derek were still there and there was no risk of Spencer, like, f*ckind dying and all.

you shouldn't have to apologize for not liking her and no, you don't sound offensive at all. About 2M fans stopped watching the show when she forced herself into the cm family. These people are being bullied into silence by her fans. JLH fans shouldn't insult people just because they don't like their fav. You never ever know what someone is going through in their lives...

I don't think JJ was featured more prominently. She's been in the show since the beginning, she DESERVES a plot.

Yeah, i'm worried about MGG too. 5 years ago I said "they cannot lose TG, MGG or SM, the show couldn't go on without them" 5 years later... here we are without TG and SM. I feel so bad for Paget. She came back to the show after 4 years and she's losing her family. (i believe that she had nothing to do with TG's firing)

1 minute ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

you shouldn't have to apologize for not liking her and no, you don't sound offensive at all. About 2M fans stopped watching the show when she forced herself into the cm family. These people are being bullied into silence by her fans. JLH fans shouldn't insult people just because they don't like their fav. You never ever know what someone is going through in their lives...

I don't think JJ was featured more prominently. She's been in the show since the beginning, she DESERVES a plot.

Yeah, i'm worried about MGG too. 5 years ago I said "they cannot lose TG, MGG or SM, the show couldn't go on without them" 5 years later... here we are without TG and SM. I feel so bad for Paget. She came back to the show after 4 years and she's losing her family. (i believe that she had nothing to do with TG's firing)

Nobody should insult others for not liking their favourite person. There are fans on both sides of this argument who have behaved despicably IMO. I also think the best thing the actresses can do is stay out of it. Imagine one of them went and told their fans to stop attacking the other side. Next thing you know, their "fans" are turning on them and upset that she doesn't "appreciate" them. I'm not saying all of the fans would do this, but a not-insignificant (and likely vocal) chunk will. It's lose-lose.

I've said this a few times before, but one of my biggest pet peeves is people talking like they know a particular person, especially when they use that to put that person or another person down. Not only does it come off extraordinarily creepy and stalker-ish, but anything that follows from that argument is just flat out guesswork. I also hate when people attack the actors as people for the direction their show or character takes. The actors act. At most, they can suggest a plot, but it's ultimately not their call (I'd argue the showrunners on CM have been too lenient with this, but that's another discussion entirely). It was not either JLH's fault or AJC's fault that one pregnancy was written in earlier. It is certainly not JLH's fault if she appeared "more pregnant" than AJC, and I certainly hope nobody has suggested that she should have tried to cut the amount of weight she gained while pregnant, for any reason - that is horrible. JLH has actually spoken publicly about this issue. It's neither of their fault if one of them was more sick (not something I've heard any evidence to support, but that's beside the point). I've seen people argue that JLH was actively working against AJC and is a terrible person for getting pregnant. It's ridiculous. They're both equally allowed to be pregnant - doesn't matter how long anybody thinks either has been trying or how long either has been on the show - and it's up to the showrunners/writers to decide what to do with it. If some people don't like the way it was handled, that's fine, but it's not the actors' fault.

I think JJ deserves a *good* plot. I'd love to see that. I think they have had some decent ideas, but the execution has been lacking. Then again, I do like JJ more than most, especially now that she is no longer ninja. She has long been one of my favourites.

I don't think anybody has argued that TG's firing had anything to do with Paget. I hope that isn't the case. Paget may have benefitted, but the timing seems pretty clear - he was fired, and then she was upgraded to a regular.

• Love 4