Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: King Of My Heart

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

Wish there was a pillow talk thread because it is WAY more entertaining than the regular show. I don’t remember much about Andrei’s season except that he seemed like a jerk then, but he is utterly charming on Pillow Talk. “What is a Chef Boydee??”

There is, it's just under the Specials and Spin-Offs section and it's a catch-all for the entire series. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I'm confused.  Why didn't Akinyi come back to America with Ben?  Wasn't that the point of him going to Africa to marry her?  Was the plan all along for him to leave her behind, and if so, why?

I think the premise of the BEFORE the 90 Days programs is that the American is going to meet the foreign love interest in person for the first time, then if everything works out, they will go back to the states and start the K1 Visa process to bring them here to marry. At that point, they could be on the original 90 Day franchise depicting the problems of marrying here within the 90 day deadline. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was just so, so delighted to watch Avery's fool-proof plan fall to pieces.

I LOVED it when she said something like, "I went to the lawyer and he told me everything I didn't want to hear!" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I LOVED it when she said something like, "I went to the lawyer and he told me everything I didn't want to hear!" 

And then billed me for it lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There is, it's just under the Specials and Spin-Offs section and it's a catch-all for the entire series. 

Oh thank you!

Topic: I wish Tom had given her a Tiffany baby rattle and I am a fan of the master trolling he does.

edit: Drogo I shall flog myself with dry ramen noodles for thirty episodes. I swear I looked for it 😞

Edited by Toodleoo
because
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, Spike said:

It seems totally fake now.  She humiliates him and then he gives her another 2-3 grand?

I feel like it was Cesar just saving face & *pretending* he even had another 2-3 grand. It had to be only a few weeks after Mexico and he works a job where if he doesn't work, he doesn't make $$, right? So what the heck?! 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

I posted this in the live chat thread, but you might not have seen it.  There is an article going around the reality tv/soap sites that this season started out with Jesse filming with Darcy.  Shit apparently went south (for reasons no one can confirm), and suddenly Tom was brought it to pinch hit and film with her.  This was backed up with a couple of Instagram posts Jesse had made where he was in NYC (or maybe Connecticut, I can't remember).  Darcy wasn't in the posts, just Jesse.  I'm hoping whether this is true and, if so, what the circumstances will be addressed at the Tell Nothing...but with Shawn at the helm, I'm not holding my breath.  

I didn't know that.  That's very interesting, I could see that happening. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Dobian said:

Well props to Tom for one-upping the promise ring with a promise key!

"Well I know I didn't make a move on you for two weeks, but it's your fault for falling asleep after I didn't make a move on you again!"

I need to jump on this Caesar gravy train.  I'm going to make a fake Instagram account for Olga Slutskaya, put up some pics of a Ukranian webcam girl, contact Caesar and watch the money start rolling in.

"I know people say, why don't you fall in love with someone from America?  Well I can't help it that I fell in love with someone from halfway around the world.  I mean, I know I was trolling for husbands online from halfway around the world, but that's got nothing to do with it!"

Akini's dad resigned himself to the reality that Akini could only land an American who is poorer than they are.

"We'll just lie to Michael's mom about me being barren, there's plenty of babies back home we can kidnap"

Angela ain’t no baby thief. She is a medical perfesshunal who can boost an aig, implant it in her beautiful uterus, and tote it like a Duggar. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Zeid thinks he is a stud muffin(top)

I’m not going to lie. I sort of think he’s sexy with his wide hips, crappy tracksuit and all. I really like his stupid laugh. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I feel like it was Cesar just saving face & *pretending* he even had another 2-3 grand. It had to be only a few weeks after Mexico and he works a job where if he doesn't work, he doesn't make $$, right? So what the heck?! 

This x100. 

No human being, no matter how stupid or arrogant would admit to giving a scam artist money mere weeks after being stood up and broken up with.  And with that smug dimwit smirk.   

Therefore I truly think that ceasars "real" storyline ended with Mexico.  Anything from here on in, is, in my opinion, an act to save face, muddy the water and stay on the TLC payroll.    

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And since he never took Darcey to his house, she can't hunt him down to see if the key actually fits.

I don't think that's a key to anything.  Tom probably boosted that key out of a lost and found at a TGI Fridays....or whatever the equivalent is in London.  

That scene will cringely hilarious.  I shouldn't enjoy Darcy's humiliation.  But damn she makes it.tough.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Omg, same here! Dang, he is a sight for sore eyes (sore because of rolling them so hard in response to Cesar's stupidity). Not only is Jeremy aesthetically pleasing, he has an actual brain. He has given up hope on his dumb ass friend.

Lol! I just came here to say the same thing... fast forwarding Caesar (who, if it is all an act, is a dreadful actor and not at all entertaining) then I saw Jeremy #demoday   and fell over myself trying to find the pause button on the remote.  He seemed genuinely concerned about his friend but helpless to do anything or try and knock any sense into Caesar.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Zied got so much big gut while eating, drinking, hookahing on Rebecca's dime...

He and Cesare are self professed "actors" with Zeid a stunt man....

The only stunts Zied is performing is stunt eating.....he doesn't seem to be athletic or graceful on his feet...

I don't know, Zied has managed to shove himself into sweaters that are 2 sizes too small. That seems pretty taxing and quite a feat.

5 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

I wish Tom had given her a Tiffany baby rattle and I am a fan of the master trolling he does.

It made me think of this

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe she thought she would look more serious to the lawyer.

She’s such a little twit.  19 years old and she knows everything.  The Mother follows suit.  She quits her job, puts on the foreign garb and wants to go to a war zone for love.  They should throw her in the car and take her to a Mental Health Facility

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I'm thinking he gave her his TLC check!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, not you again said:

I think the (fake) consternation and hurt from Bikini because Ben hadn't told his family was because it boxes Ben in even more with the belief he's truly legally married if he tells them immediately.  Just imagine - he goes home and says "Welp, I'm married!  We had a ceremony in Kenya!" and then his family and friends, who probably prop him up in most of his adult life, start asking pointed questions, do a QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH of marriage laws in Kenya and explain to him that he's not.  

But they might be less likely to do so if he says "We just got married!" on a phone call or text.  That's my theory, anyway.  Dollars to donuts it had nothing to do with her being excited about wanting him to share the good news with his family.

Even if that sham marriage was a thing, Ben is studying to be a pastor so wouldn't he naturally want to have a proper ceremony of sort to make it "legal" in G-ds eyes?  Because all Ben really did was negotiate a price for a roll in the hay, you know like he paid Bikini's pimp.

I am sure Ben did not send a group text to his family and friends telling them he just got married because he knows he is not.  Ben should know you are not married unless you need a lot of paperwork to get out of it!  Father Bikini did not make Ben sign anything, they did not recite vows, Ben is a sap.

Has anyone done the snooping in to whether Bikini is in the states or if they are still a couple?

• Love 10
17 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I am willing to pay a hefty bride price (we can negotiate the amount later) to the first person who can assure me that Ben did not comment on how "well kept" Akinyi's "cookie jar" was.

I think he asked her if the cookie jar had been well cared for. i.e., was he good in bed last night. 

16 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I think Avery found it.

No shade. But wasn't she supposed to have been a highly ranked, competitive gymnast very recently? I wonder what accounted for the weight gain. 

15 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Why the f#ck is Avery still dressed Middle East style when she's in the US? 

It's not Middle East style. It's traditional modest Muslim style, which she chooses to wear every day, regardless of what country she's in.

15 hours ago, readheaded said:

They were so much prettier before. 

True. But that pic is about 8 years old (based on the age of her kids in the teaser). They may not still have looked that way if they had not had all those procedures. But anything is better than that bloated filler look they have now IMO.

40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Even if that sham marriage was a thing, Ben is studying to be a pastor so wouldn't he naturally want to have a proper ceremony of sort to make it "legal" in G-ds eyes?

There is no standard "proper" ceremony, esp across cultures. There are only regional customs.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

I wish Tom had given her a Tiffany baby rattle and I am a fan of the master trolling he does.

Unfortunately, Darcey would have taken that to mean he wanted her to “tote him a baby.” 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

There is no standard "proper" ceremony, esp across cultures. There are only regional customs.

Yes, exactly, that is why I thought he would insist on waiting for the traditional Christian ceremony in the US before he raided the cookie jar since his religion is very important to him he would want to stay within his beliefs.  I think he used feeding cake and paying off Father Bikini as an excuse for nookie.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I think he asked her if the cookie jar had been well cared for. i.e., was he good in bed last night. 

No shade. But wasn't she supposed to have been a highly ranked, competitive gymnast very recently? I wonder what accounted for the weight gain. 

It's not Middle East style. It's traditional modest Muslim style, which she chooses to wear every day, regardless of what country she's in.

True. But that pic is about 8 years old (based on the age of her kids in the teaser). They may not still have looked that way if they had not had all those procedures. But anything is better than that bloated filler look they have now IMO.

I'm starting to wonder if Avery's got an issue where she's finding ways to distance herself from physical intimacy and hide her body like some people who have been molested or physically abused do.  Between the weight gain, the way she's dressing, and having a partner who's thousands of miles away, something isn't computing.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

That can happen to athletes. While active, they’re burning, and consuming, a lot of calories. Then the athletics stops, but not the high calorie intake.  Thus, weight gain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Even if that sham marriage was a thing, Ben is studying to be a pastor so wouldn't he naturally want to have a proper ceremony of sort to make it "legal" in G-ds eyes?  Because all Ben really did was negotiate a price for a roll in the hay, you know like he paid Bikini's pimp.

I am sure Ben did not send a group text to his family and friends telling them he just got married because he knows he is not.  Ben should know you are not married unless you need a lot of paperwork to get out of it!  Father Bikini did not make Ben sign anything, they did not recite vows, Ben is a sap.

Has anyone done the snooping in to whether Bikini is in the states or if they are still a couple?

I was wondering about that too.  With Ben being a devout Christian, who wants to be a pastor, I am surprised he would sleep with Bikini without a religious or legal ceremony.   At  least Avery watched Omar hold hands with that Imam, Ben and Bikini seemed to be "married" without taking any vows before God or any civil authority. 

So, lets assume the marriage isn't legal and Ben eventually gives up on her, when he realizes he is never going to be able to satisfy the bride price that keeps increasing.

Would the church consider him to be married to Bikini?  Divorced for a second time?  Or did he just commit fornication by having sex with a woman he wasn't really married to?  Would the fact that he thought they were married excuse him?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I am sure Ben did not send a group text to his family and friends telling them he just got married because he knows he is not.

I don’t think he had TIME to tell anyone! Akinyi told him “TOMORROW when you negotiate my bride price we will be traditionally married.” The next day he’s talking about bowls or bulls, feeding Father Akinyi cake and that night taking care of Akinyi’s cookie jar. The following morning she’s butt hurt because he hasn’t told anyone about the wedding, including the people he doesn’t like. What a whirlwind courtship. His head must have been spinning 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Gobi said:

That can happen to athletes. While active, they’re burning, and consuming, a lot of calories. Then the athletics stops, but not the high calorie intake.  Thus, weight gain.

She also said something about an injury that ended her gymnastic cuh-rear 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JasonH said:

Tom’s “apartment key” looked like a key for a 300 year old treasure chest.

That's what I was thinking.  Where the fudge does he live if this is the kinda key that opens his door?  My gut is telling me the producers from TLC gave him that key to give to her. 

I thought Angela looked lovely in her traditional African outfit and it was very RUDE to complain about it.  Michael's mom seemed very sweet and everyone seemed welcoming to this crazy American woman.  Baby or no baby they were more accepting of her than Akini's parents were to Ben.  *shrug*

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm sure if Jenniffer hadn't fallen asleep, Teem would have fallen asleep or come up with some excuse not to go into her cookie jar.  I think that after his 2 weeks of failing to close the deal, when she was pretty much begging him to, Teem was so glad he could call it "her fault" on the last night, to remove some of his shame.

It seems clear that Teem has some sort of physical or psychological condition that prevents him from performing sexually.

Do you young folks really have sex only at night, in bed?  And then go to sleep after?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Yes, exactly, that is why I thought he would insist on waiting for the traditional Christian ceremony in the US before he raided the cookie jar since his religion is very important to him he would want to stay within his beliefs.  I think he used feeding cake and paying off Father Bikini as an excuse for nookie.

But he's not marrying an American woman. So he prbly doesn't feel the need to have an American style wedding.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I was wondering about that too.  With Ben being a devout Christian, who wants to be a pastor, I am surprised he would sleep with Bikini without a religious or legal ceremony.   At  least Avery watched Omar hold hands with that Imam, Ben and Bikini seemed to be "married" without taking any vows before God or any civil authority. 

So, lets assume the marriage isn't legal and Ben eventually gives up on her, when he realizes he is never going to be able to satisfy the bride price that keeps increasing.

Would the church consider him to be married to Bikini?  Divorced for a second time?  Or did he just commit fornication by having sex with a woman he wasn't really married to?  Would the fact that he thought they were married excuse him?

I can only speak for Catholics....bc I went thru this personally.

But the Church will consider the marriage valid but not sacramental. A divorce and annulment would still be necessary to get married for the first time or again in the Catholic faith if a previous nonsacramental marriage ended. Dispensation or new blessing by a Catholic priest if the marriage is still intact. Not fornication. 

I want to say he's Lutheran??? I could be very wrong. But Lutherans are very similar to Catholics. Maybe the thinking on this issue is similar?

Edited by BallisticNikki
20 hours ago, Spike said:

A fan of Hansel and Gretel.

She could be a hostess at a middle brow restaurant.  They are allowed to teeter on heels.

A restaurant with a pirate theme so she could be cinched up like a wench, baring as much of her quivering breasts as posible, and telling the male customers how they shiver her timbers.  😄  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I can only speak for Catholics....bc I went thru this personally.

But the Church will consider the marriage valid but not sacramental. A divorce and annulment would still be necessary to get married for the first time or again in the Catholic faith if a previous nonsacramental marriage ended. Dispensation or new blessing by a Catholic priest if the marriage is still intact. Not fornication. 

I want to say he's Lutheran??? I could be very wrong. But Lutherans are very similar to Catholics. Maybe the thinking on this issue is similar?

I think somewhere I read he was a Free Methodist.  From what I can tell, they are a more traditional Methodist denomination that seeks to stick closer to the holiness teachings of the Wesleys, than more Liberal, mainline Methodists of today.

11 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

A restaurant with a pirate theme so she could be cinched up like a wench, baring as much of her quivering breasts as posible, and telling the male customers who they shiver her timbers.  😄  

And trying to tempt them with her booty. 😊

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But he's not marrying an American woman. So he prbly doesn't feel the need to have an American style wedding.

But, he is a Christian, who wants to be a pastor, so you would think he would want a Christian wedding, or at least one clearly recognized by the church.  

I am guessing Ben's head was sort of spinning from all the gaslighting and moving of the goal posts, that Bikini and her family engaged in, and kind of took their word for it that they were "married" enough for him to have a cookie.   I assume he planned to legally marry her in a Christian ceremony, later, that would satisfy the church and the US government's visa requirements.  

As long as they go ahead and make it official, the "traditional" marriage after the bride sale would sort of be ratified by the church wedding and marriage license and he should be OK in the eyes of God and Uncle Sam.    But, if he or Bikini back out, it could be more problematic, churchwise.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3

Every time Darcey wears her hair loose it's so obvious where her real hair ends and those horrid extensions begin.  If she ditched the extensions it appears she's have a very nice chin-length bob.  Or maybe a little longer.  Which would look eons better...and far more age-appropriate...than that mess she always sports.  Dare I say she might even be pretty?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I thought Angela looked lovely in her traditional African outfit and it was very RUDE to complain about it. 

I thought it hid a multitude of sins. She said, "Ah look as big as a cow..." Well, yes, you do, in everything-because YOU ARE! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

But, he is a Christian, who wants to be a pastor, so you would think he would want a Christian wedding, or at least one clearly recognized by the church.  

I am guessing Ben's head was sort of spinning from all the gaslighting and moving of the goal posts, that Bikini and her family engaged in, and kind of took their word for it that they were "married" enough for him to have a cookie.   I assume he planned to legally marry her in a Christian ceremony, later, that would satisfy the church and the US government's visa requirements.  

As long as they go ahead and make it official, the "traditional" marriage after the bride sale would sort of be ratified by the church wedding and marriage license and he should be OK in the eyes of God and Uncle Sam.    But, if he or Bikini back out, it could be more problematic, churchwise.  

But there is no one kind of "Christian" wedding, if you go by the Bible. Different regions just have different traditions.

Plus, her father is a clergy person.

• Love 3

I agree that Angela looked nice in her traditional wear at the engagement party, partly because she was as covered up as a woman of her age and physique ought to be for best effect.  I was happy to see her dancing, too--she did a better job than the Captain did.  But I wonder about all those gifts piled up at the party, all wrapped in beautiful silver with yellow ribbons, looking more like a department store display than a real grouping of genuine gifts, where everyone wraps with her own paper.  Were those real gifts, do we think?  Or part of the decor (which was very beautiful imo)?  I think the latter, and I wonder how disappointed Angela is going to be.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Im in Nottinghamshire right now and I am catching up on this weeks episode. I just realized that the castle in the background of Darcy”s establishing shot is Newark Castle and I pass it everyday. Cuz Im. 90 Day fiancé Im going to get my hubby to recreate that shot. 

Tom is an idiot to take her to a church. Of course she is going to make walking down the aisle comments

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, not you again said:

Does Zied remind anyone else of Andy Kaufmann with his unblinking stare?  Specifically that routine he would do, not the man himself.

image.png.7f505cbcd6edc26a4a5b454dcb307f90.png

Actually that reminds me more of Summit.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4