Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
druzy

S02.E02: Mutual Place

Recommended Posts

Brianna reaches out to her ex. Kayla’s new boyfriend plans to move out of state. Rachel decides she doesn’t want a paternity test. Kiaya worries her girlfriend isn’t taking parenthood seriously. Ashley prepares for her family and Bar to meet.

Airs October 22, 2019

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why did Brianna call Denae? He's bad news and she owes him nothing. Sheesh. These girls.

Because he's moving on with his life and as she said, she feels "stuck." I'm not certain he owed her anything either except an I'm sorry. Don't quite get this closure she spoke of given how quickly she moved on to the next guy.

Kayla is a silly cow. Cannot believe she's pregnant again. Luke's mum is going to be very, very angry because she didn't seem at all thrilled by the possibility of Kayla and her baby following him to whatever college he decides to attend. What a mess. She might follow the crazy jailed dude's mother and say, "Here's $400 for an abortion." Her body, her life, but the last thing she needs is a baby with a guy she's been dating for six months. What a dummy.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/23/2019 at 8:49 AM, politichick said:

Because he's moving on with his life and as she said, she feels "stuck." I'm not certain he owed her anything either except an I'm sorry. Don't quite get this closure she spoke of given how quickly she moved on to the next guy.

Kayla is a silly cow. Cannot believe she's pregnant again. Luke's mum is going to be very, very angry because she didn't seem at all thrilled by the possibility of Kayla and her baby following him to whatever college he decides to attend. What a mess. She might follow the crazy jailed dude's mother and say, "Here's $400 for an abortion." Her body, her life, but the last thing she needs is a baby with a guy she's been dating for six months. What a dummy.

To quote Mother Kiayah, the baby daddy’s mother does seem trifling. That said, I can’t hate on Mother Baby Daddy for offering to finance an abortion. It pains me to say this, but even Rachel (!!!) is aware that both people should have an equal responsibility when it comes to caring for a baby.

Even if it was for a microsecond, I wonder how many of these young women even thought about an alternative solution to being pregnant or keeping the baby. Kiayah seemed so offended when abortion was suggested. It was as if she came from a long line of pastors, went to church every week and THEN someone suggested she terminate her pregnancy. I just don’t understand why these girls opt to make their lives 2929495 times harder than it already is.
 

I am sure there are exceptions to the rule (but I can’t think of any of them right now), but one trend that I have picked up on is that almost every single one of the girls on any of the “Teen Mom” shows don’t have any clear and measurable plans for life after high school. Whether it’s going into the military, taking a gap year to travel or heading to college, these teen moms are stagnant. They don’t have any hobbies, they don’t play sports or an instrument nor do they even seem to have any other interests other than the person who got them pregnant! I teach high school, so I’m not phased at all by any of the whole “we are going to be together forever” shit or the “I am going to save him!” syndrome. 

Brianna’s MTV money aside, I want someone to sit her ass down as they play footage from this episode for her. I want her to watch scenes that show her getting her nails done as well as clips of her moaning about her financial woes. Someone then needs to ask her what in the world she is thinking if she is strapped for cash. I’m all about self care, but self care that costs $40 every two weeks? If she didn’t have a kiddo, I wouldn’t care. (However, I’d still judge her! 19 year olds who always have their nails done are ridiculous. I’m pretty sure the money she spends on her hands/feet could go toward rent or other bills.)  She needs to discover free self care. Walk around the neighborhood, go to a movie, read a good book or enjoy a treat from the coffee shop.

These people! 🤪

Edited by Bridget
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/23/2019 at 6:49 PM, Bridget said:

I am sure there are exceptions to the rule (but I can’t think of any of them right now), but one trend that I have picked up on is that almost every single one of the girls on any of the “Teen Mom” shows don’t have any clear and measurable plans for life after high school. Whether it’s going into the military, taking a gap year to travel or heading to college, these teen moms are stagnant.  They don’t have any hobbies, they don’t play sports or an instrument nor do they even seem to have any other interests other than the person who got them pregnant!

What about cheer (a noun these days, evidently)?  I've seen what I think is a disproportionate amount of that among the knocked-up teens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/23/2019 at 8:49 PM, Bridget said:

To quote Mother Kiayah, the baby daddy’s mother does seem trifling. That said, I can’t hate on Mother Baby Daddy for offering to finance an abortion. It pains me to say this, but even Rachel (!!!) is aware that both people should have an equal responsibility when it comes to caring for a baby.

I mean, I can't hate on her either for that. She may not have approached Kiaya in the best way (didn't Kiaya say she tried to run her over with her car??). Kiaya was not in a relationship with baby daddy. They were hooking up because Kiaya was mad at her girlfriend for cheating on her. I think she said she got pregnant after the second or third time they hooked up. Kiaya said she doesn't even like the guy. Why tie yourself to a man who has trouble with the law and is pretty much going to be in and out of jail? The whole thing is a mess.

Was Bar getting face tattoos in the preview?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/23/2019 at 11:49 AM, politichick said:

Because he's moving on with his life and as she said, she feels "stuck." I'm not certain he owed her anything either except an I'm sorry. Don't quite get this closure she spoke of given how quickly she moved on to the next guy.

Kayla is a silly cow. Cannot believe she's pregnant again. Luke's mum is going to be very, very angry because she didn't seem at all thrilled by the possibility of Kayla and her baby following him to whatever college he decides to attend. What a mess. She might follow the crazy jailed dude's mother and say, "Here's $400 for an abortion." Her body, her life, but the last thing she needs is a baby with a guy she's been dating for six months. What a dummy.

I mentioned in one of my posts last season that my money was on Kayla for being the first to get pregnant again and with a different dad. I hate being right about this, especially if money from the show was one of her incentives.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size