Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Three Plus Two

• Start Topic

Ashley gets back on track with school. Kayla realizes she may have to drop out of school to take care of Izaiah. Brianna struggles to balance multiple jobs and childcare. Kiaya is under pressure to make peace with her baby's father.

Airs October 22, 2019 

Well, they've certainly struck gold with the newbies, haven't they? Did they have a Trash Off to see who could be the trashiest? Rachel, dumb as a stump, was sleeping with two homely, pizza faced goons at the same time so she doesn't know who the father of her possibly drug addicted child is. Bonus: she doesn't know what a cervix is, and whined and screamed so much when her doctor tried to examine it that she had to stop. Just WAIT until she starts getting contractions!

On the other side, we have Kiaya, a lesbian who revenge fucked a budding criminal after she and her girlfriend broke up, who's in jail now. A meeting with his mother, in a public place, devolved into a screaming match within minutes, and makes Ashley and Bar's families look like the Waltons. She's back with her girlfriend, who seems nice enough. But of course she has to move in, to "help with the baby". !! Kiaya does not seem to work or go to school, however.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Well, they've certainly struck gold with the newbies, haven't they? Did they have a Trash Off to see who could be the trashiest? Rachel, dumb as a stump, was sleeping with two homely, pizza faced goons at the same time so she doesn't know who the father of her possibly drug addicted child is. Bonus: she doesn't know what a cervix is, and whined and screamed so much when her doctor tried to examine it that she had to stop. Just WAIT until she starts getting contractions!

On the other side, we have Kiaya, a lesbian who revenge fucked a budding criminal after she and her girlfriend broke up, who's in jail now. A meeting with his mother, in a public place, devolved into a screaming match within minutes, and makes Ashley and Bar's families look like the Waltons. She's back with her girlfriend, who seems nice enough. But of course she has to move in, to "help with the baby". !! Kiaya does not seem to work or go to school, however.

Trash Off! I love it! That was a big hot fucking mess, wasn't it? I started watching both episodes this morning while preparing for work and couldn't stop. It was totally worth being late. OMG!

Kayla's baby daddy Stephen has not changed one bit. She is a sad sack of a girl but her attitude toward her mother prohibits me from feeling sorry for her. Run, Luke!

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Did they have a Trash Off to see who could be the trashiest? Rachel, dumb as a stump, was sleeping with two homely, pizza faced goons at the same time so she doesn't know who the father of her possibly drug addicted child is. Bonus: she doesn't know what a cervix is

Lol, Trash Off is probably the official name of the interview process.  Don't forget that Rachel's dumb sister also doesn't know who the father of her baby is, if I heard the conversation correctly.  Even her mother didn't know what a cervix is!  And of course they have no shame in creating a completely unstable, screwed up, environment to raise children in.  Ugh. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, politichick said:

Kayla's baby daddy Stephen has not changed one bit. She is a sad sack of a girl but her attitude toward her mother prohibits me from feeling sorry for her. Run, Luke!

I wonder if she got pregnant on purpose, knowing that his college BB career was going to take him away to another school?  I'm not saying she did, but it did cross my mind. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I wonder if she got pregnant on purpose, knowing that his college BB career was going to take him away to another school?  I'm not saying she did, but it did cross my mind. 

You might be right, but he likely just had unprotected sex like a fool. His mama's gonna have a whole lot of talking to do about that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

She's even stupider than I thought, if that's the case. He asked her to move with him. She'd just be sabotaging herself if she deliberately got knocked up.Her boyfriend seems to be kind to her and Izaiah, and he appears to have some ambition. She could put Izaiah in day care and get a job if they move to another state, but if she has two under two it will be damn near impossible. I know she's stupid, but is she spiteful and selfish enough to derail her boyfriend's prospects?

• Love 7

So Briana found a babysitter she could afford, but just for weekends?  Is she only working Sat & Sun?  Then she had to call her ex.  Part of it was probably to do a tie-in to his show, but when she seemed upset, just hit me that she's sad he's moved on after their breakup.  I think she wanted him to gnash his teeth and wear sackcloth (so to speak).  He has no right to be happy, she's struggling after all!

The then Trash Off crew.  Lord there are some clueless folks out there.  Know that there are because some woman last week - totally random area code - called my work phone, yelling at me - why did I call her.  I did not.  Well I'm hitting redial, and it dialed you.  I put on my best professional voice and said I'm sorry but I did not call you.  This is a business, part of xxx corporation, which no one would know unless you're in this industry.  She kept on for a few more minutes, what's this about?  I have no idea because, again, I did not call you. I think she thought I was prank calling her. Yes, I have time to prank call random people, plus our calls are monitored.  Yelling and accusing me the entire call.  I had flashbacks when the Trash Off Crew were on screen.  Sadly there are innocent children now in these hot messes.  None would consider adoption either, which given their environments, might be the best thing.  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Quilty said:

One of the daddy's has a bad case of methface.

Was that the guy in the diner? I was only half listening because I think my brain shut down due to stupid overload while watching. I didn't catch what cervix girl was saying but I thought she was off and on with both of those guys so how does she know that methface :: cue Maury Povich voice:: is not the father? He seemed mentally challenged to me. Or maybe it was all the drugs. I'm still processing the stupid from this show. I may never get through it all.

The girl who got into a screaming match with her imprisoned babydaddy's mother was a real winner. The cast of characters from last season have not changed a bit. I don't understand why Brianna is not eligible for some type of public assistance if she's working menial jobs. Her mom doesn't seem to be raking in the dough so why she doesn't look into subsidized daycare or some kind of rental assistance, food stamps, whatever, surprises me.

Kayla is hard to look at because she's just a complete moron. A guy that kicks and beats you is gone. Period. Before he did that, his scene at the house with Kayla and her mother should have bought him a ticket to get lost land. I do not buy into this "but he should see his child" business. 

The best person on this show will always be Chris, Ashley's sister. Love her.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

The best person on this show will always be Chris, Ashley's sister. Love her.

When they were showing the fight at Bar's party I was so hoping they'd show the clip where Chris caught the chair mid-air and flung it back, almost in one motion.  They stopped just short of that part.  It was probably the best scene of this whole Y & P series.  I like her a lot, too. 

• Love 14

I don't think the young boys in Rachel's section have methface, they just have acne. They are young. Rachel is only sixteen. They reflect the world they were born and raised in and I don't diss them for not thinking beyond their environment at this age. They really are just kids and they are in a very economically stressed area of the country. And Kiaya is only 18 and also reflect the world she was born and raised in. None of them deserves the 'trash' label IMO. They can grow into it but for now they are what they received from their elders and social environment. Hopefully they can grow. Meanwhile they are entertaining TV. God help us all.

Kayla on the other hand has no excuse. She was 19 and had a better social class background and a mother who seemed to raise her well and yet was an unbelievably snotty entitled brat. When she said her mom kicked her out and refused to pay any more for all her shit I was so happy. She needed a very rude wake up call. It looks life is rushing toward her very fast and is going to hit hard. Good.

• Love 7

What struck me most about the Kiaya's group is the names....the damn names. So many extra letters in those names! The baby daddy was X'something, I almost fell out of my chair when they started showing the chyrons with the spelling of the names!

Rachel and her sister, dumb as a bag of rocks, both of them. Those babies should be adopted to people who can properly take care of them and break that chain of young girls having babies. Give the baby a chance at a normal, healthy life.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I know she's stupid, but is she spiteful and selfish enough to derail her boyfriend's prospects?

Totally. I can see her being afraid that if he moved to a bigger college he might meet a girl with no kids and even just a whiff of ambition. No way she'd stack up there so she tied herself to him. I can also see her thinking he'll go pro and she can get a slice of that pie. 

I should mention that Kayla looks, acts and sounds almost exactly like girl who made my life miserable in high school so I'm not prone to thinking anything positive about her and (other than being beaten by Stefan) I don't mind when bad crap happens to her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, eskimo said:

When they were showing the fight at Bar's party I was so hoping they'd show the clip where Chris caught the chair mid-air and flung it back, almost in one motion.  They stopped just short of that part.  It was probably the best scene of this whole Y & P series.  I like her a lot, too. 

Me too!

I’m pretty sure it’s the most awesome thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I think she’s my favorite person on any of the train wreck teen pregnancy shows I can’t seem to quit.

Chris for President 2020!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

What struck me most about the Kiaya's group is the names....the damn names. So many extra letters in those names! The baby daddy was X'something,

X'Zayveon!  But let's be fair--there aren't all that many extra letters in that one.  The X'Z is kind of a mess, but the rest are pretty much all sounded out.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2019 at 10:37 PM, configdotsys said:

I don't understand why Brianna is not eligible for some type of public assistance if she's working menial jobs. Her mom doesn't seem to be raking in the dough so why she doesn't look into subsidized daycare or some kind of rental assistance, food stamps, whatever, surprises me.

She probably would be eligible in the first season but now she has income from this show so she might be making too much. I'm not saying they are making the regular Teen mom or OG money but I think even 30 thousand would be probably too much. The first season had 27 episodes plus reunion so if they get the bottom of the barrel 1000 USD per episode (what Sharp entertainment pays to 90 day fiancee and Love after lockup people) she would get that 30 grand.

Edited by ava111
Add

Wow, now I can see why they got rid of Lexi. She was way too boring compared to these new chicks. Hopefully now she can go to mortuary school.

I think Rachel did say that she was pretty sure that Drew was the father and not pizza face (Jacob??) Was he high at lunch? He was acting super squirrely 

I also could not keep up with all of the names in Kiaya's group. The girlfriend should cut her losses and get away from that mess. 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2019 at 1:42 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I don't think the young boys in Rachel's section have methface, they just have acne. They are young. Rachel is only sixteen. They reflect the world they were born and raised in and I don't diss them for not thinking beyond their environment at this age. They really are just kids and they are in a very economically stressed area of the country. And Kiaya is only 18 and also reflect the world she was born and raised in. None of them deserves the 'trash' label IMO. They can grow into it but for now they are what they received from their elders and social environment. Hopefully they can grow. Meanwhile they are entertaining TV. God help us all.

When I think "trash" I am thinking of the adults, not the teenagers.  You are right, they are in miserable situations and environments, with a cadre of idiot adults leading the way.

• Love 4

And speaking of names with extra letters, something that has always bugged me on the other end of the spectrum is "Isiah."  That sequence of letters just can't be pronounced eye-say-uh.  So I have to give Kayla credit for using enough letters to make the name, I suppose in reflection of her better social class background, but then she had to put the Z in it.

Ashley's sister bears a striking resemblance to Mike Tyson.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Wow, now I can see why they got rid of Lexi. She was way too boring compared to these new chicks. Hopefully now she can go to mortuary school.

Just from the descriptions here, I can't bring myself to watch.  The only reason I watched before was to root for Lexi (& to some extent Ashley) to make it through without too much damage (the others seemed hopeless).  I don't want to see people who are doomed to be train wrecks from the get-go - I hope to see people muddle through but ultimately be ok.  Sounds like these ones were chosen because they're likely to be disasters.

Lexi had another baby with Kyler (but managed to keep it quiet until the baby was born). I'd guess it might make sense for her to defer mortuary school (or whatever she's interested in  by then) until the kids are in grade school or high school. She had them young enough that if she quits now she'll be in a good position to start a career in 10 years or so & do very well, but it would be hard to try to do everything at once. I suppose that's not telegenic, but it's every bit as real, & much more common, than people whose lives are a complete mess.

• Love 3

Lexi had another baby with Kyler

You're killing me, Lexi. The economics of going back to school, etc. change radically with two babies vs. one. I didn't think Lexi had anything in common with Kayla, but I should have known better. When will I learn? They all have more kids, and they don't wait for a rational time to do it. Maybe those who stick to dating women or trans men will break the pattern.

• Love 5