Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E27: Syria Withdrawal

• Start Topic

I am biting my tongue so. damn. hard at Trump's "You gotta let them fight it out" comments right now. Just...

"The Kurds fought in two more wars than Trump has ever fought in." Louder for the people in the back. Christ, people, this is why you need to vote for people who actually have experience in situations like this, or are willing to listen to those who do. And it's really nice to hear Republicans condemn Trump's actions, but those words ring hollow without any actual action and consequences behind them. 

Ah, Brexit. Honestly, at this point, I wish the leaders could/would just say, "You know what, screw it, we're scrapping this entire stupid idea altogether." 

How did Oliver not use the mention of Pierre Delecto (seriously, WTF?) as an opening for a Carlos Danger moment? 

• Love 17

In the future (should we have one), we might want to limit a president’s ability to make unilateral decisions. It’s like the current guy cuts a simple rope, and Gordian’s Knot forms on it.

7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

How did Oliver not use the mention of Pierre Delecto (seriously, WTF?) as an opening for a Carlos Danger moment? 

He was too busy working on his Lindsey Graham impression . . . which was most everything.

ISIS prisoners gag? I can see how some wouldn’t go for it, but since John didn’t have a big production bit at the end, it’s understandable.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

In the future (should we have one), we might want to limit a president’s ability to make unilateral decisions.

That's why he loves Twitter -- He can say whatever he wants without anyone disagreeing with him. Seriously, that's a big problem. When he declares something on Twitter, it's hard for his Administration to contradict him. They SHOULD, but it doesn't really happen.

This whole Syria mess makes me so angry. He has no clue what he's doing. When he leaves office, there will remain a stench that will, for one thing, make any allies reluctant to trust us.

And the way he talks... Oh. My. God. How can anyone listen to him without facepalming. 

• Love 14

I was waiting for it too but it's possible John feels the moment has passed. Weiner hasn't been in the news for so long he might figure people wouldn't remember the reference. 

• Love 3
On 10/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, DEL901 said:

If you go by the "did they help us in Normandy" criteria, then we should be having nothing to do with Germany, Japan or Italy.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to.

• Love 1

dot, dot, dot the birthday card bit reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the thank you card.

I know a couple people who came up with the perfect solution to the birthday card dilemma.  They mailed the same card back and forth to each other on their respective birthdays for over two decades, with a little note added each year.   File that under "Day-um.  Why didn't I think of that?"

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/28/2019 at 4:55 PM, swanpride said:

Oh, it does if you follow the Brexit news closely.

He will plague you no longer. Today was John Bercow's last session as Speaker.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2