Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Anticipation for Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies

It’s still the 1950s, a world that rocks with big musical numbers from the period combined with new original songs as well. It’s the peer pressures of high school, the horrors of puberty, and the rollercoaster of life in middle America with a modern sensibility that will bring it to life for today’s musical lovers.

Anticipate!

I am so shocked its showrunner isn't Ryan Murphy.

I mean, it may eventually be; and I admit he surprised me with AHS so I shouldn't be so cynical; but just the concept, and he was the first person I thought of.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Did anyone ask for this? What is the point without Danny, Sandy, and the rest? Way to tarnish the movie.

The movie was already tarnished with Grease 2 ;)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

The movie was already tarnished with Grease 2 😉

Yes. And no. It was awful. But it may just fall under the banner of "so bad, it's good".  😉

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Did anyone ask for this? What is the point without Danny, Sandy, and the rest? Way to tarnish the movie.

The only character you listed who would not be in this is Sandy. It is about the Pink Ladies earlier in high-school, so they are going to be the focus of this series. The T-Birds are probably going to be in this as well, which would include Danny.

No one asked for this, but this sounds much better and far more interesting than the "Summer Nights" prequel. We have the song, we have the montage in the movie; I do not need to see an entire movie that is Sandy and Danny at the beach. Maybe "Rise of the Pink Ladies" will answer the question of how/why Jan fits into the Pink Ladies, because she is so different from the rest of them. There must be some reason she is part of the group, and I would love to see that explored.

Also, the original Broadway stage version is far better than the movie. As far as I am concerned, the movie tarnished the stage musical.