Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Down Down Down

Trini
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

WB/DC is so protected over Bruce Wayne/Batman, I think hell will freeze over before they allow him to guest star on series in S2. Which is a shame. 

Are they more protective of Batman than Superman? I know that Supe's been on Supergirl.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Waaaay more. At best we’d get to see Bruce but it’s extremely unlikely we’d see him suit up. 

We saw Batman in the pilot, didn't we? Briefly, but more than we saw Superman in Season 1 of Supergirl.

Of course, you can show Batman (though not Bruce Wayne, or Superman) in reasonably-close shots without having to commit to a particular actor...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Are they more protective of Batman than Superman? I know that Supe's been on Supergirl.

Way more than Superman. They use to be protected over him too, but Batman was always the more protected one. They really believe people cannot tell the difference between small and big screen versions of the same characters. Matt Reeves Batman is coming out in 2021 I think. I’ll eat crow (and many others) if we see Bruce Wayne/ Batman (Hell, just Bruce without Batman)  on this show next year or S3. Even Batwoman’s PTTB are going to be shocked if they are actually allowed to get a guest star appearance. Hell, the episode would be the highest rated episode outside of the annual crossovers. I will be shook. 😂

Edited by Simba122504
Changed and added something.
On 10/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, quarks said:

Still enjoying Mary/the stepsister. Still thinking that Rachel Skarsten is at least having fun with this.  Still liking the Rachel Maddow stuff. Still meh on the rest of the cast.

It appears the EP's of this show have allowed Rachel Skarsten to steal this show right from under Ruby Rose's; as Alice/Beth is liked more than the lead.  I'm hoping the show can somehow get Ruby Rose to emote more. She's terrible and I look forward to more scenes with Alice/Beth gobbling up screen time from Kate.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Wrong sister. Beth not Mary!
  • Love 1

So I caved an watched the first 3 episodes. It wasn't terrible but also nothing exciting either. As for Ruby Rose, she did manage to not have her Australian accent be as noticeable by the third episode. That's about it. She's very bland and doesn't stand out as the lead of a show should. Especially since Rachel Skarsten as Alice as a huge presence, I'd rather watch a show about her. Her backstory seems a lot more interesting. I mean who took care of her after the accident. It would be cool if it was the Mad Hatter making her his Alice. Just to have a Batman connection since we can't have Batman. 

I love Mary as well, I hope she can be brought onto the team. I assume she will since the CWDC shows love their heroes having a team. Since Kate is not that skilled yet she's going to need a medic. She already has her guy in the chair with Luke Fox. 

As for Sophie, the CW really needs to stop reusing the same storylines for all their shows. Sophie is like Laurel and Iris rolled into one, ex that is married to most likely a dead by the end of the first season character. Hey it's Shuana from the great show that was cancelled The Passage. Kate should just date Reagan she seems like more fun anyway.  I know they want me to root for Sophie/Kate but when you add too much baggage right away, it ends up weighing that ship down for the whole series. I loved Meagan Tandy on Teen Wolf she was an awesome badass on that show. This one she seems kind of bland so far. Although maybe she should've been Batwoman since she seems to be a much better fighter than Kate. 

• Love 5

I'm totally on the Reagan ship -- because I despise Sophie. Look, Kate, she betrayed you at the Academy, and she has already betrayed you in the present. If your dating other people hurts her, then that's all the more reason you should date other people. Forget her. She. Is. Not. Worth. Your. Time.

Edited by rainsmom
  • Love 3

Hush is here, even if we dont actually call him that! And Riddler reference! We are going hard into the Batman mythos and I am super into it! I assume that Tommy will return again and continue to be a problem, although it is kind of weird that Hush, a villain so linked to Batman would show up on Batwoman as a main villain. 

We also get Kate realizing that she has to be her own batperson so puts her own spin on things, and we get more Kane family hijinks. Jacob is in all kinds of denile, even as it becomes increasingly obvious who Alice is, and how many concerts she does. I like Alice a lot, you can tell the actress is having a blast in every scene and Ruby Rose really does her best work with her as a scene partner, they have a really interesting dynamic, and I love that Alice came to the rescue! In her own way. And now we know why in Elseworlds the bat signal was messed up!

Mary is still my favorite character, she is so much fun and adds a really needed light dynamic to the show, especially when it gets all angsty, and she and Sophie could be a fun combination, this is the first time I have really liked her so far. 

The new blond bubbly love interest looks so much like a new Felicity, that I almost wonder if the show is fucking with us and she is actually a plant or a mole?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm confused - when did Sophie break Kate's heart? Maybe I missed something, but from what I remember of the first episode, Kate was the one who left after deciding she wasn't ok with keeping their relationship a secret anymore - even though she as far as we know had been fine with keeping it a secret up until they were discovered. It's not like both of them didn't know about Don't Ask, Don't Tell until that moment. If anything, I'd say Sophie would be the one entitled to feel jilted in that situation.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, silverstream said:

I'm confused - when did Sophie break Kate's heart? Maybe I missed something, but from what I remember of the first episode, Kate was the one who left after deciding she wasn't ok with keeping their relationship a secret anymore

You're not the only one.  This show is riddled with interpersonal relationships that are scattered throughout. I can't tell the players without a program.  Kate seems to lack the ability to look forward.  She should not have even begun a relationship with Reagan knowing that she had other self-imposed responsibilities, but I guess she had to go through the process to learn by mistake.  With regard to Sophie breaking Kate's heart, you're mostly correct how it went down except there was a bit more. I think it was because when Kate decided not to continue the lie of pretending there was no illicit relationship.  I believe Sophie chose to deny the existence of ANY relationship and did not back Kate up, thus breaking Kate's heart.  She officially denied their love.

Edited by Jacks-Son

There is a big difference between hiding and denying. I think they each made a choice, and maybe they each felt abandoned, but Kate was willing to put their relationship ahead of her career when forced to choose, and Sophie wasn't. I'm not saying Sophie made the wrong choice for herself, but from Kate's point of view, she loved Sophie more than Sophie loved her. And she's bummed out about it. She hasn't done anything to interfere with Sophie's marriage. She's not doing anything other than feeling sad, and trying to move on. She seemed to have been harboring a fantasy that someday they would get back together, and has just discovered Sophie hadn't been sharing the same longing (allegedly). I find it boring to watch romantic angst, but I don't think it's wrong or unrealistic for Kate to feel what she feels. Why is it more wrong for Kate to have a broken heart than for Sophie to move on? Both are valid choices.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

She hasn't done anything to interfere with Sophie's marriage.

According to what Kate said, that was only b/c she didn't know about and wasn't invited to the wedding. She said in either the first or second episode that if she had known, she would have come back to stop the wedding from happening. I thought that was a bad choice for TPTB to make b/c in a new series, making your hero(ine) a stalker right at the start isn't a good look.

I do agree w/ the rest of your take on the situation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

According to what Kate said, that was only b/c she didn't know about and wasn't invited to the wedding. She said in either the first or second episode that if she had known, she would have come back to stop the wedding from happening. I thought that was a bad choice for TPTB to make b/c in a new series, making your hero(ine) a stalker right at the start isn't a good look.

I forgot about that! I agree that was gross.

2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I thought that was a bad choice for TPTB to make b/c in a new series, making your hero(ine) a stalker right at the start isn't a good look.

If she was a stalker, she would be trying to break up the marriage now. She isn't.

BEFORE Sophie was married, Kate would have tried to win her back. That's not stalkery. It's a declaration of love.

Sophie isn't worthy of that love. I'm glad Sophie is suffering now, and I hope Kate finds a wonderful lover and is blissfully happy forever -- right in Sophie's face.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rainsmom said:

Sophie isn't worthy of that love. I'm glad Sophie is suffering now, and I hope Kate finds a wonderful lover and is blissfully happy forever -- right in Sophie's face

That seems really harsh.. Also not sure what your basing her worthiness on either. Based off of context clues it seems like it cost Kate a lot less to up and out herself than it would've cost Sophie.. In my limited experience its a very personal decision that has tons of mitigating factors involved.. I've stated the only person. She owes any truth to is the person she's agreed to marry.. I still dunno if he knows she's bisexual.. All we know is that he didn't know she dated/ loved Kate 

• Love 3

I think once Sophie decided to sign the papers, she choose to hide that part of herself for good. If her husband knew she was bisexual then why would she hide the fact that Kate's an ex? She told him she barely knew Kate all the while giving loving looks to her. And I agree the only person she owes the truth to his her husband. However I can see why Kate is hurt that Sophie's choosing to pretend their love never existed. It's a complicated situation for all of them.

Hush now, it's Tommy Elliot! And I guess he does know Bruce = Batman. But at least now he's been sent to Arkham he will never be a problem ever again.

Waddaya know - the lift's emergency brakes actually worked! Sure, they didn't survive being further sabotaged, but it's nice to see some safety features that actually exist IRL exist in a fictional universe.

So in the 1 hour she had, Kate took the time to draw the paint her red logo onto the Batsuit. Was the red wig not distinctive enough?

On 10/21/2019 at 3:12 AM, statsgirl said:

So does the security at the Wayne Building since Tommy could just walk into the office.

Gotham security forces have a shorter life expectancy than Starfleet ones, in all incarnations!

On 10/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, quarks said:

television generally treats coming to stop a wedding as romantic, not stalkerish. Whether television should be doing this or not is an excellent question

I'm always reminded of Adam Sandler's only good movie (The Wedding Singer), "You know what would be a better time to mention this? ANY OTHER DAY!" Unless you are in prison/kidnapped, maybe don't wait until the last moment so you can ruin everyone's day?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, John Potts said:

Hush now, it's Tommy Elliot! And I guess he does know Bruce = Batman. But at least now he's been sent to Arkham he will never be a problem ever again.

Waddaya know - the lift's emergency brakes actually worked! Sure, they didn't survive being further sabotaged, but it's nice to see some safety features that actually exist IRL exist in a fictional universe.

So in the 1 hour she had, Kate took the time to draw the paint her red logo onto the Batsuit. Was the red wig not distinctive enough?

Gotham security forces have a shorter life expectancy than Starfleet ones, in all incarnations!

I'm always reminded of Adam Sandler's only good movie (The Wedding Singer), "You know what would be a better time to mention this? ANY OTHER DAY!" Unless you are in prison/kidnapped, maybe don't wait until the last moment so you can ruin everyone's day?

Good call on the emergency brakes, what next, car petrol tanks and gas cannisters which don't explode when shot?