Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: The Book of Occupation: Chapter Three: Agent Odell's Pipe-Dream

Trini
  • Start Topic

When Lynn learns that Jefferson brokered a deal with Agent Odell (guest star Bill Duke) without consulting her first, it begins to put a strain on their relationship. Meanwhile, Anissa and Grace (guest star Chantal Thuy) have an emotional encounter. China Anne McClain, Marvin Jones III, Damon Gupton and Jordan Calloway also star.

Benny Boom directed the episode written by Pat Charles.

Airdate: 10/21/2019

BLK303A_0076r.jpg

Edited by Trini

Well I finally got my reunion of grace and anissa... But anissa still hasn't told her she's a meta.. Again plz don't make us wait too long... Jen giving the new kid the tour was great... I liked his energy.. The rich lighter skinned bi/multi-racial guy who says things like " its gottwn better and I care more about content of character" is a bit blegh.. But I trust they'll flesh him out more than that.. I appreciated his line asking what being black had to do with 1000 dollar shoes  so crossing my fingers... Odell continues to be the devil.. Lying to just about everyone.. And torturing an albino with simulated sunlight... Khalil's murder brain is creepy.. But the actor looks like he's having fun... That old black lady was def on some old black lady shit... She went 0 to 100 real real quick... No Gambling.. Not cool... And finally

Christine Adams bone structure... Verifiable proof of Gods Love

• Love 5

This episode really should have been titled "Jordan Calloway puts all of his apparent fighting training to good use tonight."  It sure looked like he was doing a lot of the stunts himself.  Nice.

Technically the first appearance from "Black Lightning" this season, since Jefferson finally dawns on a new spiffy suit and gets to kick some major ass.  Pretty sweet, but since it came from Odell, he would be wise to have Gambi run a thorough diagnosis to make sure there aren't any "surprises" in there.

Hey, Grace is back!  I'm sure her and Anissa's reunion won't be all rainbows and sunshine, but I'm glad they are trying to move forward.  I hope they actually stay the course with the reporter, and have her be fine with things ending, because she never expected a serious relationship with Anissa.

Oh, Henderson!

Odell is almost making me feel bad for Tobias.  Almost.

The Pierce clan finally reunites!  Only for them to all go off and do their own things again and denying Dad a family get together.  Hee!  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

As far as I know, they didn't explain how Anissa got back into Freeland.

I thought I'd missed something! Glad it wasn't only me. They kind of hinted at her coming back, but did we actually see it happen?

Why isn't Anissa telling Grace the truth about herself?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought I'd missed something! Glad it wasn't only me. They kind of hinted at her coming back, but did we actually see it happen?

They showed Gambi stealing a hard drive that would allow him to build a device that would allow someone to pass through the barrier.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

When is Markovia going to show us their Metas.

Cyclotronic from the first or second episode was supposedly deployed by Markovia along with a hit team.

I am waiting for them to send their A-team metas, though...this is speculation, but I will put it under spoiler code anyway.

In the comics, the Markovians have two members of the royal family who have earth-powers, Geo-Force and Terra. I would also suspect that other Outsiders might show up as Markovians: Halo and Metamorpho.

As much as I'm liking the season.. I'm still confused how a US city is on a quarantine or lockdown.. But also under threat of invasion from  foreign power.. Did America just give up on freeland? 

• Love 4

So... is Jordan Calloway trying out for an action movie? Because his demo reel in this episode was on point!

I'm trying to decide who I want to kill Odell by the end of season: Khalil, Jen, or Tobias? I'm leaning towards Jen, but Tobias might be a better choice. If LaLa doesn't get Tobias first.

Nice new Black Lightning suit! The downside is it's from Odell - ick.

I don't think we've seen Henderson's wife since season 1, and even then, it was only once, I think? I was confused for a minute about who that woman was supposed to be.

It's not as exciting as the Pierce family plots, but I do like that the subplots with Henderson is showing how the whole situation is affecting the people of Freeland.

I missed Gambi. And yes, it was strange that they didn't show Anissa getting back into Freeland.

They barely did anything with Anissa/Grace in the previous seasons, so I'm not invested in them. I hope Grace has a better storyline this time.

Not sure what to think about the new boy at the high school; I hope he doesn't end up a meta - or dead.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Not sure what to think about the new boy at the high school; I hope he doesn't end up a meta - or dead.

I am sure he is going to start dating Jennifer and Khalil is going to rip him in half, right in front of her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So much love for this episode. I'm getting ready right now to go see Zombieland 2, but this is unquestionably going to get a rewatch soon. The show does, admittedly, have a lot of slower weeks, but they're worth waiting through to get to the good parts. And this week checked so many boxes on the "things I love about this show" list.

Also, can Jen start narrating all the "previouslies" on the show from now on? Her tour guide routine was awesome. I think even Buffy Summers would be like "Wow. Tough school."

• Love 2

Freeland is still depressing AF. I'm wondering why the Clap Back News lady hasn't been detained. On the bright side, Odell and Tobias should take their act on the road. "You just mad cuz we're the same age and I looked so much better coming in here than you." "If you say so. Open the roof." "Oh, you damn four-eyed pencil-pushing asshole! You ain't shit!!!"

"Ghetto Glow Worm" for the win.

Apparently, Jenn's next boyfriend will be Troy Polamalu Jr. And Khalil will probably kill him. Maybe choke him out with his own hair.

"You said things would get better when you became commissioner!" "Lady, this is Freeland. It's been raining acid and anvils as long as I can remember. And I'm the one that made things worse?!?"

On 10/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, UNOSEZ said:

As much as I'm liking the season.. I'm still confused how a US city is on a quarantine or lockdown.. But also under threat of invasion from  foreign power.. Did America just give up on freeland? 

Qgl3Q2K.gif

• Love 1

Showing Khalil doing 10 different kind of martial arts was cool, but can he do the salmon ladder? I need to know. For science.

So is everyone’s supersuit part of their accessories now? Flash’s suit is in his ring, Supergirl her glasses and now Black Lightning’s suit is in his watch. It was an awesome reveal though.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:21 PM, Lantern7 said:

I'm wondering why the Clap Back News lady hasn't been detained.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:38 AM, AnimeMania said:

She is just filming herself with a cell phone, I am sure each soldier sees 50 people a day doing that.

Is she just filming herself, or is she live streaming on YouTube or something? I always assumed she was live streaming and if the ASA is trying to shut down info coming out of Freeland it seems like she’d be on their radar. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

So is everyone’s supersuit part of their accessories now? Flash’s suit is in his ring, Supergirl her glasses and now Black Lightning’s suit is in his watch. It was an awesome reveal though.

I noticed this too. I suppose it makes some scenes easier now that our heroes don't have to run back to their hero HQ to put on their suits. Now how do we get Batwoman in on this?? 😉

Odell really has everyone working for him just about, the guy is a slippery bastard I will give him that. Glad that we finally got a family reunion, even if everyone immediately peaced out and Jefferson didnt get his quality family time right away!

Damn Khalil, got a salmon ladder in there too? Man, a part of me wants Khalil to get his memory back and become himself again, and the other half knows how damaged he will be, especially after realizing that he killed his mom, and that might make things even worse for him. So when does he kill Jenns new maybe boyfriend with his own hair?

Black Lightning gets a super cool watch/outfit!

• Love 1