Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/21/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

On 10/24/2019 at 12:30 PM, tinkerbell said:

I think Joy was saying there weren't any single straight men working at The View, so none of the cohosts would be able to date anyone at work. 

The topic wasn't really taken seriously.  Yes, people meet others to date at the workplace.  But it's not a good idea to date anyone where there is the potential for one of you to be the other's superior.  So, if you work at large company, you can date someone in a totally different department, but not someone who could be in the same chain of command.  Abby brought up that it might be awkward if you break up, said you just have to be adult about it.    But the cohosts don't have any understanding of workplace dynamics, and they quickly wanted to talk about dating in terms of being in the media, in the public eye, etc.  Whoopi made it clear she thought the topic itself was nonsense - date who you want!    Sure, date who you want.  But it's a real issue for many women, (men too, but mostly women) who don't get a promotion because they refused to date someone, or get fired after they break up with someone who has power in the office. Rules about dating at work are there to protect people from retaliation, or from special treatment given to someone who sleeps with the boss, etc.  Sunny was the only one, I think, who seemed to possess some understanding of the issue.  

I hate that they bring up issues only to have Whoopi act like it's too stupid to talk about.  Long ago, I was in a situation where I was being pressured to date someone at work, and it was HELL.  Daily harassment from an older married man (I was in college, he was 50)  I had no interest in, and when I tried to complain it was laughed off, and I was told to "give him a chance" and go out with him.  A rule about not dating at work would have prevented the whole thing.  some companies don't go with hard and fast rules against dating, just say you have to disclose it, to prevent a conflict.  

What I found funny/interesting about the discussion was Abby saying Millennial's don't have a problem with it.  Well kids, perhaps it is because you don't have the experience with it those of us from earlier generations have?  Perhaps you will see it when you DO have a bit more experience?  It was a really stupid remark.  It is like younger folks not caring about choice.  They weren't around pre choice so they have no idea how dangerous it was.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

Why is Megun the idiot, always so proud of killing innocent animals?  Does it make her feel powerful?   She’s totally braindead.  

Unless you must hunt for food, I think it takes a sick mind to get pleasure out of killing a live creature.  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

This lmao! I'm sure in her twisted mind, she believes they're scared to call her because she's supposedly a tough chick. I don't defend this administration ever, but I'm fairly certain that's not the case, like at all. Meghan girl, get a grip 🤣😂

On another note, Whoopi needs to retire the valley girl voice already. So annoying.

Megan is a legend in her own mind!

Whoopie needs to retire her fart jokes, jokes about her boobs, her  pathetic British accent. Does Whoopie still do stand up? Inquiring minds want to know..

• Love 5

I actually swore out loud when they walked out and saw no Ana and wtf whoopie??! Actually scared my poor dozy pup - promptly hit mute and left the room. Nothing much to see today folks😔

• Love 8

I don't blame Megan for being pissed. The View is supposed to be a talk/panel show, so give your panel enough time to cover the subjects. You can easily do this by eliminated the stupid "view your deal" bullshit. We don't need to be told what to buy & where. Leave that to QVC 🙄

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Anthea84 said:

Does any one know why Ana wasn't in the show? She was in New York.

That makes it even more stupid she wasn't there. Friday's with Ana there and Whoopi absent are the closest this show comes to "good" anymore, because it at least -1 of Whoopi/Meghan, who are both toxic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What I found funny/interesting about the discussion was Abby saying Millennial's don't have a problem with it.  Well kids, perhaps it is because you don't have the experience with it those of us from earlier generations have?  Perhaps you will see it when you DO have a bit more experience?  It was a really stupid remark.  It is like younger folks not caring about choice.  They weren't around pre choice so they have no idea how dangerous it was.  

I hate how they mix up millenials and the youngest generation now which is Gen Z (my generation) the oldest millenials are nearly 40 (and I'm pretty sure they are married and have kids, so they don't have to worry about dating anymore.) It shows how out of touch The View could be sometimes. 

• Love 7
On 10/25/2019 at 9:45 AM, Vanderboom said:

Her house sounds like a House of Horrors, though. If her decor consists of patriotic memorabilia and taxidermied animals, I can't imagine being comfortable there.

She can also miss me with the "I don't have children" hand-wringing every time a "fun" topic about kids comes up. Don't get me wrong; I truly have all the sympathy in the world for her loss. However, she has been a child. She has younger siblings. She has family and friends with children. She can participate in these discussions without framing them as a personal attack on her.

I'm picturing Papa's den w. Lots of dark paneling, soft lighting, deer on the wall and a fire crackalack'n.  Oh and a rotating display of our Founding Fathers.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That makes it even more stupid she wasn't there. Friday's with Ana there and Whoopi absent are the closest this show comes to "good" anymore, because it at least -1 of Whoopi/Meghan, who are both toxic.

Before I rewound to check if the announcer said the show was live, I thought it was pre-recorded.

So Meghan's been off the past two Fridays.  I hope she hasn't given an ultimatum of 'It's me or Ana'.

You would think she would have been in a better mood with Ana not being there, but she was clearly po'ed at the producers for trying to go to their regularly scheduled commercial break. 

Someone who's been to the show mentioned here that there's a clock on the camera(s), and since Meghan looks towards them more than any other host, surely she knows when the breaks are coming up.  I wonder if someone tells her in her earpiece how long she has to talk.  

Or maybe they need to change the speaking order so she doesn't feel rushed.  But then she wouldn't get the last word, which I'm sure she thinks matters.  (I actually thought she spoke last because she was the newest host, but then Abby joined the show and disproved that theory.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

To Tinkerbell: Honey when I first got married and visited my parents I wouldn't even "sleep"with my husband in my parent's house.  Are you kidding me? Nope. Just could not do it, much less even think about bringing a boyfriend home before I got married. And no, I would not allow a kid of mine to sleep with a girlfriend or boyfriend in my house. But hey, I'm old, and that's just the way it is. PERIOD. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Or maybe they need to change the speaking order so she doesn't feel rushed.  But then she wouldn't get the last word, which I'm sure she thinks matters.  (I actually thought she spoke last because she was the newest host, but then Abby joined the show and disproved that theory.)

No. They used to not have a speaking order, the conversation was more organic before McCain joined the show, but she screamed so often and nobody got to speak. They put them in order to decrease the fits and tantrums. Unfortunately, the fact is they run through time quickly and the people at the end are the ones who will have to sacrifice some of their time. If she could talk like a normal person or any other co-host they've ever had, she wouldn't have created this problem for herself. And, besides, I'm sure Whoopi isn't sympathetic because she gets to speak even less trying to assuage McCain's ego. Not that I mind hearing from Whoopi less, but I'm sure Whoopi minds. She'd love to eat up the whole hour listening to the sound of her own voice.

TBH, I'd much rather watch View Your Deal than hear McCain's caterwauling and Whoopi's mouth diarrhea.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Yeah, if they didn't make everybody wait for their turn to speak, none of the viewers would understand anything anybody was saying since they'd all be talking over each other (which still does happen on occasion).

We just have to face it -- Someone at ABC likes big names, talent be damned.  They've had a movie star moderator for 12+ years who can't really moderate and a famous family co-host for 2+ years who's terrible at co-hosting.  They are gonna be there until they choose to leave. 

(I'd rather watch View Your Deal as well.)

• Love 6

Ok here is my take on this week, in no particular order.

Newt as a cohost?  CLICK AWAY, CLICK AWAY.  I did.

I could have sworn that Sunny said she thought THE new cohost was there.  Hmmmm

Our show got prempted shortly into MM's bday party.  Ha ha ha.

As usual Sunny is living in the dark ages.

My mom was hard of hearing.  When we turned 18 we could have "guests" spend the night.  my mom would even knock on the bedroom door to see if anyone wanted coffee with her.  None of us kids drink coffee or tea. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

No. They used to not have a speaking order, the conversation was more organic before McCain joined the show, but she screamed so often and nobody got to speak. They put them in order to decrease the fits and tantrums.

IIRC, Meghan actually mentioned on air that she asked that she get to speak last each day.  So the producers, of course, had to bow down to the baby.  Heaven forbid Sunny or Joy or anyone else would want to speak last.  The baby has spoken!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

IIRC, Meghan actually mentioned on air that she asked that she get to speak last each day. 

Yes, she let us all in on that on one especially pouty morning when she whined something like "I thought we agreed in the meeting that I get to go last!!"  during one of her tantrums.  All that was missing was her rattle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I wonder if Meghan thinks we're all like the president, and that our opinion on an issue will be most influenced by the last person we hear speak about it. 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I wonder if Meghan thinks we're all like the president, and that our opinion on an issue will be most influenced by the last person we hear speak about it. 

If Meghan speaks last there might be less chance of Joy or Sunny calling her out on whatever bullshit she just said before commercial.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 10/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, RealHousewife said:

That’s part of it.

I think some of the judgers also want to feel superior-that those with kids must be better women-motherly, nurturing, loving opposed to those who are childfree by choice. 

I'm quite motherly, nurturing and loving towards my furkid. I also know that I don't have the temperament or patience it takes to deal with having any human children.

• Love 10
On 10/24/2019 at 9:48 AM, pachebo said:

I got some real phoniness vibes from Cameron Douglas... (but I don't know him).

Drug addict/con artist ...  I'm surprised that I'm surprised at all the positive attention.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, Cementhead said:

Yes, she let us all in on that on one especially pouty morning when she whined something like "I thought we agreed in the meeting that I get to go last!!"  during one of her tantrums.  All that was missing was her rattle.

Does anyone know the date of that?  I missed it and would like to see it.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, MeThinkMeNot said:

I don't understand the love the ladies in the View have of Biden. When Tip mentioned Bernie, it felt like they needed to change the topic quickly so that name wouldn't be spoken about on air.

I’m not sure that all the ladies of The View share some common love for Biden (although what do I really know).  It is my feeling that the network dictates who gets how much coverage and why. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Months ago; have no idea when...but I saw it!

I remember it.  It seemed like the agreement was that she would stop interrupting everyone, and could have her say after the others.   

I thought at the time it might have been after she was told to stop interrupting, and she complained that if she waited until others were finished, she would never get a turn to speak. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I remember it.  It seemed like the agreement was that she would stop interrupting everyone, and could have her say after the others.   

I thought at the time it might have been after she was told to stop interrupting, and she complained that if she waited until others were finished, she would never get a turn to speak. 

I concur.  But alas i cant say when either.  Sorry.  Guess not adding to the conversation lol