Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/21/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

I wish the idea of sending a dictionary to NutMeg at The View for her birthday had been brought up before the big day. I'm not sure if they get anything sent to them anymore. I think I remember it being mentioned that stuff gets screened and some things get tossed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I turned it off yesterday before the end but just saw her trying to motor boat one of the drag performers.  She’s embarrassed to talk about sex, but does a move like that?  Spare us your make believe prude persona. So many of her favorites are overtly sexual. 

I think he/she was supposed to be the birthday cake and he told her to blow out the candles, which was the bodice of his/her outfit.  I didn't realize it was a cake outfit until that was said.  However, you are correct, she did do that!  And looked incredibly awkward doing it. 🤣

baile birthday cake suit GIF

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Michael just got through saying all the Douglas men  had been in rehab and that fame fortune and celebrity has nothing to do with it , so typical for MM to say something that just shows she doesn’t listen, or adjust questions/ statements  from her blue cards.  

Yeah, that was so hilarious especially the look on Michael's face as she was repeating what he had just said!  They spent too much time talking about his son and not enough talking about the show.

• Love 6

Meghan is absolutely against anything until she is for it🙄.

She was against getting married. Until she got married. 

Talked constantly about not wanting children, not so adamant since the miscarriage. 

I'm sure no one has ever told Meghan McCain what she HAS to do. She like to think she's a rebel 😄.  Privileged trust fund princess, fighting not to be a wife and baby machine in the 2019 ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

• Love 12
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

he topic wasn't really taken seriously.  Yes, people meet others to date at the workplace.  But it's not a good idea to date anyone where there is the potential for one of you to be the other's superior.  So, if you work at large company, you can date someone in a totally different department, but not someone who could be in the same chain of command.  Abby brought up that it might be awkward if you break up, said you just have to be adult about it.    But the cohosts don't have any understanding of workplace dynamics, and they quickly wanted to talk about dating in terms of being in the media, in the public eye, etc.  Whoopi made it clear she thought the topic itself was nonsense - date who you want!    Sure, date who you want.  But it's a real issue for many women, (men too, but mostly women) who don't get a promotion because they refused to date someone, or get fired after they break up with someone who has power in the office. Rules about dating at work are there to protect people from retaliation, or from special treatment given to someone who sleeps with the boss, etc.  Sunny was the only one, I think, who seemed to possess some understanding of the issue.  

I hate that they bring up issues only to have Whoopi act like it's too stupid to talk about.  Long ago, I was in a situation where I was being pressured to date someone at work, and it was HELL.  Daily harassment from an older married man (I was in college, he was 50)  I had no interest in, and when I tried to complain it was laughed off, and I was told to "give him a chance" and go out with him.  A rule about not dating at work would have prevented the whole thing.  some companies don't go with hard and fast rules against dating, just say you have to disclose it, to prevent a conflict.  

I've experienced harassment not wanting to date a coworker. It's extremely uncomfortable, and men can get so ugly when they are rejected. If there's a rule against it, people are less likely to take it so personally if they're shot down for a date. 

I hate when people try to encourage coworkers to date. It's especially wrong to encourage someone to date someone so much older! My goodness. 

I won't say I'm 100% against dating in the work place because I have seen it work now and then. A lot of us aren't fans of bars, blind dates, online dating, giving our number out to strangers, the places to meet other single people really dwindles once you're out of school. Sometimes you also catch feelings for people you're around constantly, and there's the comfort that they're unlikely to be a serial killer or something. My personal recommendation is to meet people through hobbies. I would only date a coworker myself if the man were absolutely a dream and/or I had no plans at staying at a company long term anyway. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

There was a "My father..." from Meghan today.  She told Michael Douglas that Catherine Zeta-Jones was "my father's celebrity crush."

Lol 

I find it interesting that despite both John McCain and Ben Domenech marrying fair-skinned, blue-eyed blondes, one’s crush was Catherine Zeta Jones, and the other is Monica Bellucci.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I hate that they bring up issues only to have Whoopi act like it's too stupid to talk about. 

So do I. I missed most of the show today. Where I tuned in was the Halloween costume discussion where Whoopi shouted over everyone for daring to not think the same way she does. And of course Abby and McCain were shouting backup. SHEESH! So much for The "View"!

• Love 10
13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I enjoyed the Broadway Disney actresses, except the one who portrayed Anna from Frozen.  I was really put off by her singing For the Feeeeeeerst Time.  

ETA:  Rosie would have lost her mind at Let it Go if she were still there.

So did I. I like that they included the lady who played Kala even though the Tarzan show flopped. Ashley Brown and Susan Egan are my favorites of the five, but they're all great singers. If only they could've got Sierra Boggess (played Ariel on Broadway) to be there, too.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have a feeling Meghan already knows all about the dating world. She rattled off a list of dating sites pretty quickly today.

I have never used a dating site myself, but I hear so much about them from friends, family, and coworkers. I could list a bunch of them too. 

I don’t take Meghan seriously as a political analyst, but she is the one who got married last of the women on the show and second youngest. I am more interested in what she has to say about dating than the others. 

20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I have never used a dating site myself, but I hear so much about them from friends, family, and coworkers. I could list a bunch of them too. 

I don’t take Meghan seriously as a political analyst, but she is the one who got married last of the women on the show and second youngest. I am more interested in what she has to say about dating than the others. 

She has talked about dating. She has said she dated a lot and never paid attention to age color or whatever. Wonder if she ever dated someone who wasn't a conservative.

I cracked up when Abby said she wasn’t going to roll over for KAC’s bullying since we call her Meg’s retriever. Sit, Abby. Good girl. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Abby is visibly upset when talking about past instances of bullying from the White House. So what does BFF Meghan do, after getting in shots at Jim Acosta, who has nothing to do with this? Imply that Abby is perceived as weaker while she and Joy smugly note that no one from the White House has tried to bully them. Not an Abby fan, but that was assholish.

Sidenote: Abby's sweater reminds me of the Primetimer logo. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I'm pretty sure Meghan just implied that Abby is gullible and naive.  

She said, "They [the White House] aren't calling me. They call people who can be easily manipulated." The second sentence may not be verbatim, but damn. Some "best friend" ya got there, Abby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Me-Again,  the reason the WH isn’t calling you and trying to bully you?   Maybe because blAbby’s father is (was?) a part of the Administration and they feel they can silence her.  Not because the assholes at the WH are afraid of MM.  I agree with you Vanderbilt, it was a definite asshole move, as are most of her comments.  Also, her shots at Jim Acosta (which she takes as often as possible) are so hypocritical.  Talk about making yourself the story!  But,I did have to laugh when Joy said “call me”

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Me-Again,  the reason the WH isn’t calling you and trying to bully you?   Maybe because blAbby’s father is (was?) a part of the Administration and they feel they can silence her.  Not because the assholes at the WH are afraid of MM.  

This lmao! I'm sure in her twisted mind, she believes they're scared to call her because she's supposedly a tough chick. I don't defend this administration ever, but I'm fairly certain that's not the case, like at all. Meghan girl, get a grip 🤣😂

On another note, Whoopi needs to retire the valley girl voice already. So annoying.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

Bummer!!!  The Whoopster is there & Ana isn't!!!

Meggie got cut off (by music) in the middle of her pontifications about Harvey Weinstein & she was REALLY pissed.  LOVE IT!!!!

Is that what happened? For a second, I thought someone was heckling her because of the daggers shooting from Meghan's eyes. Then she started mumbling something about "Oscars." Producer-Confused Meghan is usually more entertaining. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Why do Whoopi and Meghan get soooo pissed when a LIVE SHOW *has to* go to commercial?  It's really getting ridiculous. 

Because, Me-Again, as the conservative on the panel, is not given the majority of the segment to talk!!  And Whoopi is getting pooped on!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, 2JEWELL said:

Because, Me-Again, as the conservative on the panel, is not given the majority of the segment to talk!!  And Whoopi is getting pooped on!!

And now Meghan wants PETA to come at her instead of Whoopi. Me, me, me, me, me...

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

While my mother is far from a prude (we actually have drinks together on occasion) she would NEVER allow me to sleep with anybody outside of a spouse in her house. EVER - and it didn't matter how young or old I was.  

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has talked about dating. She has said she dated a lot and never paid attention to age color or whatever. Wonder if she ever dated someone who wasn't a conservative.

I like her views on dating, at least what she says her views are. I too can appreciate men a little older, a little younger, and of all different colors. But I have a hard time picturing her with someone who isn’t conservative. She’s said it’s not a dealbreaker, but there would probably be daily arguments if she married a liberal guy. While I won’t lie that it’s a turn-off, I would date a Republican, just not someone who’d get on my nerves about politics, i.e. someone like Meghan. 

• Love 4

Whoopi looked pissed at McCain’s latest tantrum. Probably because Whoopi deals with the music all the time, but McCain has to act like some persecuted victim at all times. And thank you Whoopi for trying to save us from hearing yet again about McCain’s failed ovaries. We don’t care that you don’t have kids!! STFU already.

The video they showed of the Weinstein thing was horrific. Good for the comedians.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

The kid topic is tricky. I don’t recall anyone on the show ever judging Meghan for not having kids, but so many of us women 30 & up are almost treated as if there’s something wrong with us if we don’t have them. 

I think Meghan feels that way even though people might not be treating her that way. She sees herself as a victim and/or being persecuted with regards to everything. She thinks she is getting judged harshly for being a  Republican. For being childless. For talking about her grief. It is just one long pity party for her.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Meghan feels that way even though people might not be treating her that way. She sees herself as a victim and/or being persecuted with regards to everything. She thinks she is getting judged harshly for being a  Republican. For being childless. For talking about her grief. It is just one long pity party for her.

Oh I know, and that’s why I don’t know if she’s been genuinely judged, or if it’s sort of like how she thinks she’s got it so hard being Republican or her idea that grief is taboo. The childless are often considered selfish, cold, lazy, immature, etc. I’ve heard “there’s something wrong with people who don’t want kids.” I’ve been repeatedly told by coworkers I owe my parents grandchildren. Despite Meghan’s victim mentality, it’s possible she’s gotten some of these comments as well. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

The kid topic is tricky. I don’t recall anyone on the show ever judging Meghan for not having kids, but so many of us women 30 & up are almost treated as if there’s something wrong with us if we don’t have them

People who judge us just wish they had our freedom.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Me-Again,  the reason the WH isn’t calling you and trying to bully you?   Maybe because blAbby’s father is (was?) a part of the Administration and they feel they can silence her.  Not because the assholes at the WH are afraid of MM.  I agree with you Vanderbilt, it was a definite asshole move, as are most of her comments.  Also, her shots at Jim Acosta (which she takes as often as possible) are so hypocritical.  Talk about making yourself the story!  But,I did have to laugh when Joy said “call me”

Nobody from the White House calls me, either.   But I'm not arrogant enough to think it's because they're afraid of me.  I assume its because they think I'm irrelevant.  Same as Meghan. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
28 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

People who judge us just wish they had our freedom.

That’s part of it.

I think some of the judgers also want to feel superior-that those with kids must be better women-motherly, nurturing, loving opposed to those who are childfree by choice. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

While my mother is far from a prude (we actually have drinks together on occasion) she would NEVER allow me to sleep with anybody outside of a spouse in her house. EVER - and it didn't matter how young or old I was.  

I agree with this.  I have two grown sons, and my husband and I took a stance early on, that they were not going to have girlfriends sleep over.  I'm not naïve enough to think they weren't sexually active  in college, but  I don't have to give them the space for their sex lives in my house.  Plus, I don't like having strangers sleeping in my house, and I don't want to be the one to determine who is a "girlfriend"  and who is just someone they picked up that night.  

(besides, isn't that part of the motivation to MOVE OUT? It worked for us, both boys have their own places now.) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Meghan, don't you "just want to be on tv" like you say Jim Acosta does?

How the heck can Meghan know if those kinds of phone calls are highly unusual?  You're criticizing the reporter for publicizing it, so wouldn't it figure that these kinds of conversations aren't talked about by those who receive them?

Elijah Cummings was an "absolute icon in industry on Capitol Hill"?  Well, before he was in Congress he was an attorney, but not "in industry". (The closed captioner even stopped and left a gap at this point.)

Boy, Meghan was all 'how dare anyone interrupt me.  I will not deign to speak again after being treated so rudely'.  I hope someone here knows what she meant by her Oscars reference, because I have no idea. 

eta - I get it now - the music was playing her off.  I didn't catch that.  I, too, thought someone in the audience was talking (but she usually just yells back at them, doesn't she)? 

Well, if getting distracted throws her off so easily, I guess we should be grateful that she's not in a job where someone could get hurt, and that she's simply a talk show host.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13

It's likely the main reason Abby has gotten calls from the White House and Meghan hasn't, is because Abby was a reporter when she worked for Fox News, and probably knows several people who work there (she also, at some point, co-hosted the weekend addition of Fox and Friends).  

• Love 6

It wouldn’t surprise me if the WH tried to pressure Abby into being stronger in her support of Trump on the View. They know they can’t count on Meghan but Abby’s dad was one of the team. They expect her to be the contrary voice to Joy and Whoopi. As if she is strong enough to disagree with them. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 10/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, lusinia said:

Did Meghan mention that the sit-in was because they wanted her boyfriend, then-Speaker Paul Ryan, to allow a vote on gun control, because of the Orlando nightclub shooting which occurred 10 days earlier?  At least the Democrats' sit-in wasn't illegal or even against the rules (which have since been changed).    Wikipedia 

Funny - Meghan correcting Abby, when she herself hates to be corrected.

Oh, Meghan.  Saying "won't impact families of notoriety" while gesturing towards Michael Douglas.  I don't think that's what she meant to say, but it was cringeworthy.

Jane Seymour!   I haven't seen her in forever.  I'd watch The Kominsky Method if I had Netflix.  But I already have a watch list as long as my arm of things I already have available to watch.   

No and that pissed me off.  Someone needed to call her on her false equivalency.  Also, while I think Republican's should be booked on this show, liars should not be given the air time.  So no more Newt.  They also need to quit making Tulsi happen.  NO dems like her. 

• Love 19
On 10/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, RedheadZombie said:

If I could get over the fact that he's a ringer for Eddie Munster (I can't), I would still have to deal with the pic of him wearing a baseball cap backwards flexing his bicep for the cameras.  And of course, there is his professional resume.

I always saw him as a brunette Bart Simpson

• LOL 3
  • Love 2