Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/21/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Why do they have that liar, Newt Gingrich, on the show? He lied from the moment he walked onstage. What a piece of shit he is. 

Sunny tried, but I really wish Joy had been there.

I’m glad they had him on, I want to see all these lies on video on a show like The View. When the shit hits the fan and this craziness gets exposed I want the videos to show how these mostly men supported the madness. It’s history in the making. 
Remember how the Weapons of Mass Distruction mess ended?  People on both sides of the aisle couldn’t run fast enough away from G Bush after supporting him because they thought it was the popular thing to do. I’ll wait.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ugh. Fawning over Meghan all hour. 

No wonder Joy is sick again today.  I will say😉 I enjoyed how Misty seemed to be shaking her head "no" when Megun said people mistook them for each other.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Paul Ryan's birthday "tribute" to MM was the biggest pile of B.S. that he could possibly fit into his allotted time. 

I was rolling my eyes so much during that "tribute" that they actually started to hurt.

Biggest pile of BS  ......  the perfect description.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 10/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, Coffeewinewater said:
On 10/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Sunny very gently disagreed with him.  It's disgusting.  They are all laughing at his lame jokes and letting him get away with lying and obfuscating.  I plugged my nose and strapped on a vomit bag and continued to watch.  It got worse.  He is lying like a two hundred year old rug.  Some of his points - Trump did not engage in a quid pro quo, there is a witch hunt against this poor man, there is no ethnic cleansing of the Kurds, what else can we do with all these refugees but lock up the children, and Trump has changed history in a good way.  It's really horrific, and I feel like I stumbled upon Fox News.

Everything you just wrote is why I couldn't watch. Sounds exactly like the last time he was on. Lies, smug smirks and no one pushing back on his lies. All of them pretty much tripping over themselves to bow to him. 

They actually did push back pretty strongly. I was glad to see it. They actually made him back track a few times and admit the truth about some things. Even Abby had some pointed questions for him. When he would blow her off, Sunny or Whoopi would pretty swiftly take up the reins, and they worked to keep him focused on the topics at hand. Sure there was some chumminess, but it seemed to lull him into being relaxed and saying the usual BS talking points just so the ladies could pop him good. I thought they were pretty on point, and Whoopi was even being nice to Sunny. 

The thing is, Newt is a jovial liar and slimy and hard to corral and pin down. He's very good at playing the deflect and spin game. But, the ladies were aware and kept on top of it as best they could. 

I'm glad that Meghan wasn't there to clog up the works. She definitely wouldn't have been able to keep up.

• Love 13

On Monday I noticed Joy kept the guests at arm’s length and read her lips saying she has a cold or the flu. Benedict C said “I don’t care” and went in for a hug anyway.  So she really is sick, not just avoiding Gingrich and Meg’s birthday. 

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan says she is having feelings about turning 35 because that is when people start talking about having kids. Meghan honey you were already pregnant.  If you hadn't talked about it before then you need a better birth control.

Yeah - 35 is not the age when people START talking about having kids.   35 is (to me) the age where you need to stop thinking about "someday" having kids and need to make a decision as to whether or not you're going to.  And if you are going to  - then get started.  

• Love 14

If Cameron Douglas was born & raised in California, why does he speak like Grandpa Kirk in one of his NYC gangster roles from the 1940s?  

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

So she really is sick, not just avoiding Gingrich and Meg’s birthday. 

True, but the horror of seeing them on the roster could have lowered Joy's immunity to the cold virus.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan says she is having feelings about turning 35 because that is when people start talking about having kids. Meghan honey you were already pregnant.  If you hadn't talked about it before then you need a better birth control.

In the past, doctors described pregnancies that happened in women over the age of 35 as “geriatric pregnancies.” Today, when a woman is pregnant over the age of 35, doctors describe her as of “advanced maternal age.”

But the main thing she should think about is, is there any room in MeMeMeMeMeMeMeMyFather'sDaughter's life for a baby?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If Cameron Douglas was born & raised in California, why does he speak like one of Grandpa Kirk in one of his NYC gangster roles from the 1940s?  

Going by pre-prison photos, he picked up the look of an ex-con, too, didn't he?  

• Love 5

Watching MM try to hug any of her birthday guests gave me major second hand embarrassment. She’s SO awkward around other people! It’s especially noticeable when she’s hugging Monèt X Chance like a damn Duggar!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

True, but the horror of seeing them on the roster could have lowered Joy's immunity to the cold virus.

And this way Joy doesn't have to hear about not having made one of her lasagnas as Meghan's birthday present. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Bridget said:

Watching MM try to hug any of her birthday guests gave me major second hand embarrassment. She’s SO awkward around other people! It’s especially noticeable when she’s hugging Monèt X Chance like a damn Duggar!

She was so hilarious whenever she had to simply be spontaneous on stage.  After the song, she started to run up the steps toward the band and then started yelling to her co-hosts that they should join her, but she wasn't sure.  All of it, the cheek hug, trying to juggle all the gifts she was getting, trying to figure out where she should stand.  When they pushed the cake out, instead of standing there and waiting till they arrived in front of her, she started to chase them down to hug them, ending in awkwardness all around.  She even said out loud at one point:  I never know (what I should do, where I should go, but she left that part unsaid).  He co-hosts didn't really try to help her, except Abby.  But no one has yet mentioned her s****** swaying back and forth while listening to Shooter.  It almost (almost) endeared her to me, because it reminded me of Elaine's dancing.  

party dancing GIF

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, bannana said:

She was so hilarious whenever she had to simply be spontaneous on stage.  After the song, she started to run up the steps toward the band and then started yelling to her co-hosts that they should join her, but she wasn't sure.  All of it, the cheek hug, trying to juggle all the gifts she was getting, trying to figure out where she should stand.  When they pushed the cake out, instead of standing there and waiting till they arrived in front of her, she started to chase them down to hug them, ending in awkwardness all around.  She even said out loud at one point:  I never know (what I should do, where I should go, but she left that part unsaid).  He co-hosts didn't really try to help her, except Abby.  But no one has yet mentioned her s****** swaying back and forth while listening to Shooter.  It almost (almost) endeared her to me, because it reminded me of Elaine's dancing.  

party dancing GIF

Right? MM has no rhythm at all, which wasn’t too shocking to me. It was so weird to see/hear her acting like she had never ever spent 5 mins on the set at all. 
So awkward!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

MeAgain, with little fanfare, today admitted that this is finally the smoking gun, which she has been lamenting was missing for the last three years.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/looks-like-the-smoking-gun-meghan-mccain-less-skeptical-of-impeachment-after-bill-taylor-testimony/

Paul Ryan told MeAgain that she knows how to handle stress and adversity and that she does so with class! 🤣

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-gets-a-birthday-message-from-crush-paul-ryan/ar-AAJfT2I

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Axie said:

Cool!  It’s Meghan’s birthday.  I don’t think anyone else has ever had one of those.

well, no, nobody else really matters.  she is JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER after all.

5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Ha-ha!!  Meghan said she wasn't going to "let Trump ruin her birthday".....well, guess what??  

In the NYC markets, they broke into The View for Trump's press conference!!  

Oh well, Meghan - we don't get to see you celebrating, Shooter Jennings singing to you and whatever kind of crazy "cake" they have for you! 

I guess Trump did ruin your televised birthday celebration after all!  

nah, they will just have to have it on another day to make up for her missing her special tribute today

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bridget said:

It was so weird to see/hear her acting like she had never ever spent 5 mins on the set at all. 

I wonder if she thinks this kind of behavior, similar to not being able to smoothly segue into a commercial break, or not realizing that the audience doesn't need to know when she's being spoken to in her earpiece, humanizes her, and solidifies her supposed status as just "one of the folks", unsophisticated, and not citified at all. 

Or - In the past she's expressed scorn towards certain news media outlets and reporters.  Maybe Meghan doesn't really want to consider herself to be a member of the media and figures if she doesn't learn how to behave professionally and competently on tv, she's not one.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I expect that's more of a treat for MM, than a dissapoinment..lol

Yes, plenty. And, MM mother loves babies.

I highly doubt that... Me-Again would love to watch Joy eye-roll her way through “her special day” .  And I have no doubt that’s exactly what she would have done. And I would have probably stuck around to eye-roll with her!  But she wasnt, so she didn’t- and neither did I 😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

After reading what you guys said about the last part of the show, I watched it & really MUST say, for a girl that comes from a "family" like hers, "she ain't got no couth"!!!  Just sayin'.

That's perfect!

What is an uncouth woman?

awkward, clumsy, or unmannerly: uncouth behavior; an uncouth relative who embarrasses the family. strange and ungraceful in appearance or form.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

It's a lasagne  lol, whoopi doesnt like eating,  so she eats this, what an endorsement..rofl.

A lasagna that Me-again has yelled about not getting. She wants it- bad!!

• Love 12

Did Meghan mention that the sit-in was because they wanted her boyfriend, then-Speaker Paul Ryan, to allow a vote on gun control, because of the Orlando nightclub shooting which occurred 10 days earlier?  At least the Democrats' sit-in wasn't illegal or even against the rules (which have since been changed).    Wikipedia 

On January 3, 2017, the House convened the 115th Congress and passed rules intended to prevent future sit-ins.

Funny - Meghan correcting Abby, when she herself hates to be corrected.

Oh, Meghan.  Saying "won't impact families of notoriety" while gesturing towards Michael Douglas.  I don't think that's what she meant to say, but it was cringeworthy.

Jane Seymour!   I haven't seen her in forever.  I'd watch The Kominsky Method if I had Netflix.  But I already have a watch list as long as my arm of things I already have available to watch.   

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

It's a lasagne  lol, whoopi doesnt like eating,  so she eats this, what an endorsement..rofl.

How can Whoopie say she doesn't like eating??   She carried on about Joy's lasagna like it had special powers, and last week she practically threw a hissy-fit tantrum waiting for Rachel Ray to hurry up and cook that food backstage.   Rachel had to rush a plate out just for Whoopie before she blew a gasket.   I don't know who Whoopie thinks she's fooling.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Oh, Meghan.  Saying "won't impact families of notoriety" while gesturing towards Michael Douglas.  I don't think that's what she meant to say, but it was cringeworthy.

It is always a problem with her- using words she doesn’t know the meaning of. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's response: " BOTH SIDES!  BOTH SIDES!   Democrats also do stupid stuff!  or stuff I disagree with! BOTH SIDES! if you're against one you have to be against the other!  2016 - dems protested!  Why aren't we talking about this?"   (Um, because we're talking about what happened YESTERDAY, Meghan!) 

What those Republicans did yesterday was not a protest. It was as you said a stunt. Meghan is falling back on the last defense when there is no defense.  Blame the law.

• Love 24

I enjoyed the Broadway Disney actresses, except the one who portrayed Anna from Frozen.  I was really put off by her singing For the Feeeeeeerst Time.  

ETA:  Rosie would have lost her mind at Let it Go if she were still there.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

It is always a problem with her- using words she doesn’t know the meaning of. 

“I think that dating is such a...like...a land mine field, especially for people in media.” 

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. 

Also, MM going on and on about how she never has to date again was ridiculous. I kept thinking: “You don’t know that, you moron!” 

I don’t mean to be morbid, but what if something happened to Ben? What if they ended up divorcing? 

As a single woman who can tell you all about how much dating sucks, I would pay money to watch MM navigate the dating world. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Bridget said:

As a single woman who can tell you all about how much dating sucks, I would pay money to watch MM navigate the dating world. 

I have a feeling Meghan already knows all about the dating world. She rattled off a list of dating sites pretty quickly today.

• Love 10
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

I have a feeling Meghan already knows all about the dating world. She rattled off a list of dating sites pretty quickly today.

It must be because all of her BFF liberal Democrat friends are single and they want her expert political opinion on how to send an impressive message! 🤣🤣

I am honestly surprised that no one at the table brought up the fact that MM met her husband via Twitter! Can you imagine the word salad that must have been their first messages to one another? 

Then again, we have seen how awkward she is in semi-social  situations, so her options are limited when it comes to meeting men. (I’m not slamming anyone who uses an online platform to meet people at all.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did I hear Joy correctly? She said everyone in show business is either gay or married?  I'm sure all the single people will be thrilled to know they are thought to be gay.

I heard Joy say: “Everyone on this show is either gay or married.” 

Maybe she was being facetious or exaggerating? I know most of us like her, but I have to admit that I thought the joke didn’t land the way she probably intended it to land. 

• Love 4

I think Joy was saying there weren't any single straight men working at The View, so none of the cohosts would be able to date anyone at work. 

The topic wasn't really taken seriously.  Yes, people meet others to date at the workplace.  But it's not a good idea to date anyone where there is the potential for one of you to be the other's superior.  So, if you work at large company, you can date someone in a totally different department, but not someone who could be in the same chain of command.  Abby brought up that it might be awkward if you break up, said you just have to be adult about it.    But the cohosts don't have any understanding of workplace dynamics, and they quickly wanted to talk about dating in terms of being in the media, in the public eye, etc.  Whoopi made it clear she thought the topic itself was nonsense - date who you want!    Sure, date who you want.  But it's a real issue for many women, (men too, but mostly women) who don't get a promotion because they refused to date someone, or get fired after they break up with someone who has power in the office. Rules about dating at work are there to protect people from retaliation, or from special treatment given to someone who sleeps with the boss, etc.  Sunny was the only one, I think, who seemed to possess some understanding of the issue.  

I hate that they bring up issues only to have Whoopi act like it's too stupid to talk about.  Long ago, I was in a situation where I was being pressured to date someone at work, and it was HELL.  Daily harassment from an older married man (I was in college, he was 50)  I had no interest in, and when I tried to complain it was laughed off, and I was told to "give him a chance" and go out with him.  A rule about not dating at work would have prevented the whole thing.  some companies don't go with hard and fast rules against dating, just say you have to disclose it, to prevent a conflict.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

How can Whoopie say she doesn't like eating??   She carried on about Joy's lasagna like it had special powers, and last week she practically threw a hissy-fit tantrum waiting for Rachel Ray to hurry up and cook that food backstage.   Rachel had to rush a plate out just for Whoopie before she blew a gasket.   I don't know who Whoopie thinks she's fooling.

I wonder if she doesn’t like cooking or eating out in a restaurant or takeout setting. She might only enjoy eating when it’s more of a home cooked or party setting or if she knows the cook personally. 

• Love 4

Abby was droning on about how she doesn’t belong in this time in history in televison and politics because everything is becoming a spectacle   .......my eyes rolled back so far in my head it gave me a headache. I had to jump up and down to right them. 

Good to hear about Mario and his show, thanks MeeAgain for the recommendation about them having the best martinis.

Michael just got through saying all the Douglas men  had been in rehab and that fame fortune and celebrity has nothing to do with it , so typical for MM to say something that just shows she doesn’t listen, or adjust questions/ statements  from her blue cards.  

I turned it off yesterday before the end but just saw her trying to motor boat one of the drag performers.  She’s embarrassed to talk about sex, but does a move like that?  Spare us your make believe prude persona. So many of her favorites are overtly sexual. 

The very funniest comment yesterday was Ryan saying  she does it all with class. If you think telling a coworker it’s their job to listen to you, continuously scream and interrupt In addition to storming off your job is classy, that says a lot about him.  

i understood Joy saying men at their workplace also. 

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

The very funniest comment yesterday was Ryan saying  she does it all with class. If you think telling a coworker it’s their job to listen to you, continuously scream and interrupt In addition to storming off your job is classy, that says a lot about him.

I would bet good money that Paul Ryan hasn't seen a single minute of Meghan on The View.

That's what made his video so over the top. 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

So happy Joy is back and not sick anymore! I missed her terribly. She would have skewered that ass, Newt!

Me-Again was a moron. Again. Matt Gaetz should be arrested and fined for what he pulled yesterday - and everyone with him!

• Love 23
42 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Abby was droning on about how she doesn’t belong in this time in history in televison and politics because everything is becoming a spectacle   .......my eyes rolled back so far in my head it gave me a headache. I had to jump up and down to right them. 

Abby is in her early 30s.  Since she has been an adult everything has been a spectacle.  What is she even talking about?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9