Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/21/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 21 – Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon (“The Current War”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 22 – The Political View with Newt Gingrich (author, “Trump vs. China: Facing America’s Greatest Threat”); Edward Norton (“Motherless Brooklyn”)

Wednesday, Oct. 23 – “The View” celebrates Meghan McCain’s birthday; Cameron Douglas (author, “Long Way Home”); a performance from Shooter Jennings

Thursday, Oct. 24 – Michael Douglas (“The Kominsky Method”)

Friday, Oct. 25 – Day of Hot Topics

• Love 4

Ugh. Another birthday. And Gingrich. Too bad they aren’t on the same day to get them over with at once. 
I’m interested in the convo about the movie on Mon. It’s a fascinating story that no one knows about. Greed, ambition, and obsession. Two titans of industry who nearly destroyed each other. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Of course, Shooter Jennings will play for her birthday and will likely be the Godfather to her children Bullet, Shrapnel, and Gunny. Let us all pray to ABC that Erica Jayne doesn't make a surprise appearance. 

Maybe this time, Luann can serenade Meg 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ugh. Another birthday. And Gingrich. Too bad they aren’t on the same day to get them over with at once. 

Ain't that the truth.    And I hope Sunny "has the day off" on Wednesday, since Nutty didn't show up for Sunny's birthday.

• Love 9
On 10/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, deirdra said:

Is Cameron Douglas out of prison already?

Cameron was released on August 1, 2016. Going by the pics on his Instagram getting ink was a frequent pass time during his stay in prison. He also has a daughter with his girlfriend. 

• Love 1

Like I mentioned at the top of the page the story of Westinghouse vs Edison is fascinating. There is a wonderful book called The Last Day Of Night that is about their war and how they nearly bankrupt each other in the process. I really recommend it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Oh Abby Abby Abby. She wants to know why the economy hasn't been discussed at the debates. And then says it was talked about a lot in 2008. Yes because in 2008 it almost collapsed.  For a lot of people the economy is doing well. People invested in the stock market. People who have inherited money (Abby). People who are a host of talk show (Abby). But for a lot of people the economy doing well hasn't benefited them. For some it has actually hurt them.  

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Great guests, need to be rushed because of deals,   more deals. Honestly  this show is ridiculous. 

YES!!!  I really don't understand why they have this deal segment on at all. It just does not fit with the rest of the show and I hate the way Sunny gushes over everything.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Whoopi doesn't like cooking, and she doesn't like eating,   makes me wonder about any reccomdations she makes..lol

With cooking, it can be fun. But I much prefer to have delicious food ready for me whenever I'm hungry than go to the store, wash and chop up stuff, however long it takes on the stove/in the oven. It feels like a chore when you're hungry and busy. 

How does anyone not enjoy eating? If I could eat all day and remain thin, I absolutely would. Thank God my metabolism is decent enough to where I can eat a fair amount without worrying. 

• Love 2

Try as I might, (and I'm not trying that hard) I just can't bring myself to care about Cameron Douglas the way The View promos want me to.

Newt as co-host? My inner conspiracy theorist wonders if McCain's team arranged this so that the ratings would be lower without her.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Newt as co-host? My inner conspiracy theorist wonders if McCain's team arranged this so that the ratings would be lower without her.

Joy is out sick but they didn't need to have him co-host. UGH!

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Again and again The View gives a big Fuck you to its viewers. 

It's like ABC is trying too hard to include conservative voices, and it doesn't even matter if they are Trump stooges like Gingrinch is. 

• Love 17

I tuned in out of a sick kind of curiosity.  Gingrich defends Trump's use of lynching, points out that Clarence Thomas used it as well, and then began a history lesson of most people lynched were actually white people.  This is bullshit and I'm out.  And it says a lot about Whoopi that she and Gingrich are friends.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I tuned in out of a sick kind of curiosity.  Gingrich defends Trump's use of lynching, points out that Clarence Thomas used it as well, and then began a history lesson of most people lynched were actually white people.  This is bullshit and I'm out.  And it says a lot about Whoopi that she and Gingrich are friends.

What did Sunny say?

• Love 2

Oh, man;  a show without Meghan should not be this tough to get through. 

Most of the early American movies about lynching were about lynching white people?  I watch a lot of silent and early movies and I must have missed those.  Doing some Google searching, no list came up with that as a subject matter. 

I did come across this HBO movie from 1999, Vendetta (imbd) about what's considered to be the largest mass lynching, of Italians, which took place in 1891 in New Orleans. And yeah, I'm sure Donald Trump knows all about the 19th century Iynchings of Italians.

That dossier was not "created" by the Clinton campaign - 

Washington Post

Elias and his law firm, Perkins Coie, retained the company in April 2016 on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Before that agreement, Fusion GPS's research into Trump was funded by an unknown Republican client during the GOP primary.

The Clinton campaign and the DNC, through the law firm, continued to fund Fusion GPS's research through the end of October 2016, days before Election Day.

I don't know if they planned to have Newt Gingrich co-host, or if Joy's absence was so last-minute they asked him to fill in for her, but I sure wish they had asked Edward Norton instead.  Lying buffoon vs. someone thoughtful and well-spoken - who to choose, who to choose?

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

What did Sunny say?

Sunny very gently disagreed with him.  It's disgusting.  They are all laughing at his lame jokes and letting him get away with lying and obfuscating.  I plugged my nose and strapped on a vomit bag and continued to watch.  It got worse.  He is lying like a two hundred year old rug.  Some of his points - Trump did not engage in a quid pro quo, there is a witch hunt against this poor man, there is no ethnic cleansing of the Kurds, what else can we do with all these refugees but lock up the children, and Trump has changed history in a good way.  It's really horrific, and I feel like I stumbled upon Fox News.

Edited by RedheadZombie
More words
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sunny very gently disagreed with him.  It's disgusting.  They are all laughing at his lame jokes and letting him get away with lying and obfuscating.  I plugged my nose and strapped on a vomit bag and continued to watch.  It got worse.  He is lying like a two hundred year old rug.  Some of his points - Trump did not engage in a quid pro quo, there is a witch hunt against this poor man, there is no ethnic cleansing of the Kurds, what else can we do with all these refugees but lock up the children, and Trump has changed history in a good way.  It's really horrific, and I feel like I stumbled upon Fox News.

Everything you just wrote is why I couldn't watch. Sounds exactly like the last time he was on. Lies, smug smirks and no one pushing back on his lies. All of them pretty much tripping over themselves to bow to him. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I would like to think that Edward Norton, one of my favorite actors, refused to sit at the table with Newt Gingrich.  Gingrich was blessedly absent during his segment.

I’m thinking the same thing since Newt mentioned how Norton was there and he wanted to rise to the occasion. I don’t think I can stomach much more of him I find him creepy. 

• Love 17

Thank you all for the info on today's panel; now I won't waste my time watching on demand later.  The TV in my office wouldn't show ABC today (it kept saying weak signal) - I think it was saving me.  No Joy + Newt = Eww.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14