Type keyword(s) to search

The Scorpios: Spies, Doctors, & Commissioners... Oh My!

• Start Topic

Because Frank fired them?

Does anyone know who wrote this scene and why they aren't writing every scene?

Okay, I just checked and color me surprised, it is someone called "Joanna Cohen". They must have been writing very very briefly, or some guest writer or something, because I don't remember that writer at all.

• Love 1

for once, I don't think so. I just looked her up, and she was there literally less than a month:

All My Children
Script Writer: July 28, 2006 - December 19, 2007; March 21, 2008 – September 23, 2011; June 26, 2013 - fall 2013.
General Hospital
Occasional Script Writer: January 19, 2012 – February 3, 2012
The Young and the Restless
Writer: fall 2013 – present

Seems she was mostly affiliated with AMC.

There were a lot of guest script writers I think under Garin Wolf - off the top of my head, I also remember a Lisa Connor and David Kriezman started writing some scripts under Wolf (and I remember a lot of people freaking about Kriezman starting to write, saying he was a death knell for GH). I imagine - if they were actually hired long-term, along with Joanna - they were just cleared out wholesale along with the writers who had been there for years.

So they cleared out the good writers and left us with people who can't even write a single scene without contradicting what happened the day before. Joy.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Kate Hall mysteriously made the cut. I do wonder why they spared her, at times. Maybe they knew her personally. She had only been writing GH since AMC was cancelled, but she hadn't written for OLTL either.

There were a lot of guest script writers I think under Garin Wolf - off the top of my head, I also remember a Lisa Connor and David Kriezman started writing some scripts under Wolf (and I remember a lot of people freaking about Kriezman starting to write, saying he was a death knell for GH). I imagine - if they were actually hired long-term, along with Joanna - they were just cleared out wholesale along with the writers who had been there for years.

David Kriezman was co-HW when both Guiding Light and ATWT got cancelled, so yeah, those fears are understandable to me (wasn't he co-writing AMC when ABC cancelled it? Before Lorraine Broderick and Agnes Nixon were brought back for the end).

Were these scenes during the time right before Ron got here, where Frank was already there, but Garin was still there, or at least some interim headwriters or something like that? 

ETA: Never mind, JFP was still there. Damn, when did her name last appear onscreen?

Edited by UYI

David Kriezman was co-HW when both Guiding Light and ATWT got cancelled, so yeah, those fears are understandable to me (wasn't he co-writing AMC when ABC cancelled it? Before Lorraine Broderick and Agnes Nixon were brought back for the end).

Were these scenes during the time right before Ron got here, where Frank was already there, but Garin was still there, or at least some interim headwriters or something like that? 

ETA: Never mind, JFP was still there. Damn, when did her name last appear onscreen?

I think her name was on the credits but Frank and Ron were definitely there at the time. I think JT said they pretty much were putting changes in the scripts already in December. you can tell because Molly was already talking about MyFace in December or January. Ron's name officially appeared in the credits around February 20th, I believe. 

• Love 1

Didn't Hall also write the scenes of Robin's return to the church and Emma running down the aisle, yelling "Mommy" a la Wee Robin and Anna running toward each other in '85?

I thought I read somewhere that she had written those scenes.

Didn't Hall also write the scenes of Robin's return to the church and Emma running down the aisle, yelling "Mommy" a la Wee Robin and Anna running toward each other in '85?

I thought I read somewhere that she had written those scenes.

i don't know. If anyone remembers the exact date (or at least the week it happened), I could go check.

i don't know. If anyone remembers the exact date (or at least the week it happened), I could go check.

December 2 and 3, 2013

What? Why should I know these dates/have them imprinted in my brain? It's not like anything special or emotional happened!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

It happened at the end of the episode that aired on December 2nd, 2013, then picked up the following day.

ETA: Jinx, GHScorpiosRule! :)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

December 2 and 3, 2013

What? Why should I know these dates/have them imprinted in my brain? It's not like anything special or emotional happened!

Thanks! And I checked, and yes, she did write both episodes.

She definitely has written huge clunkers, but imo she and Elizabeth Korte are probably the best script writers on the show.

Edited by ulkis

Thanks! And I checked, and yes, she did write both episodes.

She definitely has written huge clunkers, but imo she and Elizabeth Korte are probably the best script writers on the show.

I think Andrea Archer Compton is good, as is Scott Sickles when he isn't inserting tv references, jokes, and pop-culture references awkwardly into the script.

I remember during the Guza years, if I saw Karen Harris' name I knew the episode was going to he good, and if I saw Mary Sue Price I knew it was going to suck.

• Love 1

I think Andrea Archer Compton is good, as is Scott Sickles when he isn't inserting tv references, jokes, and pop-culture references awkwardly into the script.

He also makes way too many out-of-character lines for the sake of a random joke that usually won't even be that good.

He definitely can be decent, but he just does all of the above about 80% of the time. Plus, his days are usually Franco/Nina/Silas heavy days, so that doesn't help.

• Love 1

HeatLifer, on 20 Apr 2015 - 2:39 PM, said:

FYI - this is the Patrick I use in my stories, not the Robo-Patrick we currently have on screen.

Wonderful scene with great acting and writing. I miss that.

Thank you ulkis!

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 4

FYI - this is the Patrick I use in my stories, not the Robo-Patrick we currently have on screen.

Okay - I don't know how to link the video but it is the scene of Patrick confronting Robin about the change in her HIV status and her not telling him about it. Wonderful scene with great acting and writing. I miss that.

Just copy and paste the link, the picture pops up on its own.

Okay - I don't know how to link the video but it is the scene of Patrick confronting Robin about the change in her HIV status and her not telling him about it. Wonderful scene with great acting and writing. I miss that.

I miss watching two actors just really bring it emotionally. It's a combo of writing and acting that I haven't seen recently. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I have now followed that wonderful scene down the rabbit hole through the story of Robin's "death" and damn, that was some great writing and acting. Jason Thompson was so invested in those scenes, not to mention Finola Hughes, Tristan Rogers and John J. York. It was just heartbreaking.

It also reminded me how much I not only hated Sam's reaction but how she guilted Patrick into doing Jason's surgery IMMEDIATELY after he thought his wife had died. Not days, not hours but literal minutes after she was blown up. Now we are supposed to believe that he has moved in with this woman only 3 years after she did that to him and a year after he pledged his eternal love to Robin. It's ridiculous and insulting.

• Love 9

Patrick has done so many disrespectful things, I've lost count. But, for me, I can even ignore Sam's craziness after Robin's "death." I find it more hilarious that Patrick is in love with the woman Robin was trying to help. That's what makes everything fucked up and it's amazing that the show doesn't acknowledge it.

• Love 1

Patrick has done so many disrespectful things, I've lost count. But, for me, I can even ignore Sam's craziness after Robin's "death." I find it more hilarious that Patrick is in love with the woman Robin was trying to help. That's what makes everything fucked up and it's amazing that the show doesn't acknowledge it.

Not me. I have more issues over how Sam just ignored that Patrick had literally, minutes before, been told Robin was dead, but Sam didn't care. Because saving JAYSUS was more important and it was making the cure for JAYSUS, that Robin "died", so she totally would want Patrick to brush aside his gut wrenching grief and save the murdering arsehole.

As for Patrick falling in love with a woman who Robin was trying to help? If done properly, you know, that whole pacing thing, I may have gotten behind it. IF it had been written by, you know, someone with talent, understanding and knowledge of the characters. Like the one who wrote those Patrick and Robin scenes in the above clip.

And I also want a Chestnut Horsie with white stockings and a blazing star on its forehead--16 hands high. Hell, any horsie will do.

• Love 6

I completely get what you're saying, and partly agree, but I also think that people act in sometimes inappropriate ways in life/death situations. And I know that Robin would have also wanted Patrick to save Jason.

The writing is never done properly on this show because the writing contradicts itself. You have Patrick hating Jason, wanting him to stay dead, wanting Robin to not give a fuck about Sam and Danny and then you have Patrick fall in love with Sam like it's nothing? Like he's some perfect gentleman and their love is so pure and wonderful? No, it's diabolical! And should have been written that way, IMO. Jason "took" his wife, so he'll "take" Sam. Like, that's interesting and there's motivation there.

• Love 2

That is probably one of my favorite Scrubs scenes.  "I don't care what you look like.  I don't care if you're not strong enough to hold my hand. This is you.  This is us."

I hate how they have been decimated

• Love 7

That is probably one of my favorite Scrubs scenes. "I don't care what you look like. I don't care if you're not strong enough to hold my hand. This is you. This is us."

I hate how they have been decimated

It's unfortunate, but Patrick isn't even Patrick anymore. Just watching that clip and comparing it to his scenes with Sam today. Just....LOL.

• Love 3

On the FB page for the Daytime Emmys, they posted a clip from "The Insider" about Sunday's show. While describing JT's reel, the reporter said "Robin abandoned him and his daughter for the umpteenth time."

I'm watching another feed of this show, aren't I?

• Love 1

To be fair, I can fanwank Robin insisting on helping Jason but I cannot understand why she wouldn't explain the circumstances to either of her parents or Patrick.

Yes I know it's bad writing but unless we get another head writer who gives us AJ in the shower and the last year was a nightmare (PLEASE!!!) that is what happened. She went off with the insane Cassadines and didn't tell anybody she was in trouble

• Love 1

Even if you think she "abandoned" her family to save Jason, that would still only be...one time. She has not left them for the "umpteenth time."

Also, Patrick knew all the circumstances from the beginning. He found out later that Victor ran him off the road to keep Robin in line. Everyone knows everything now except the fact that Robin is a captive (bc Hells threatened her family) and Jason is alive.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Trying to make sense of any of this writing, or the clueless soap media interpretation of it - even to try and defend Robin or any other character I like who is stuck in this mess - will only drive me stark, raving mad. It's beyond explanation.

Literally the only way to lure me off the Barge at this point would be a re-set of AT LEAST the last year. Live AJ, happy, free, offscreen Robin who visits PC when she can, Anna with her personality and intelligence restored. Those are my terms, Show.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

Trying to make sense of any of this writing, or the clueless soap media interpretation of it - even to try and defend Robin or any other character I like who is stuck in this mess - will only drive me stark, raving mad. It's beyond explanation.

Literally the only way to lure me off the Barge at this point would be a re-set of AT LEAST the last year. Live AJ, happy, free, offscreen Robin who visits PC when she can, Anna with her personality and intelligence restored. Those are my terms, Show.

My only request is that the show stop with the "Patrick is perfect and the victim" narrative. I'm done with it. And Sam, Carly, Liz, etc should be kissing Robin's ass for what she did.

• Love 1

On the FB page for the Daytime Emmys, they posted a clip from "The Insider" about Sunday's show. While describing JT's reel, the reporter said "Robin abandoned him and his daughter for the umpteenth time."

I'm watching another feed of this show, aren't I?

Your affiliate and mine must get the same feed, because what I saw on my screen was Robin being forcibly removed from her husband and daughter twice.

The first time her death was faked, she was given electroshock therapy and literally held captive chained to a bed and then in a prison cell. 

The second time, Victor gave her no choice but to come with him and then killed a baby when she tried to escape, and then Helena revealed she was spying on Pat & Emma and would have them killed if Robin tried anything.

So no, Robin did NOT "abandon" her family and she's only been taken away twice.  What idiot producer wrote that copy?  The same one who wrote that rape "joke" last few year?!?  MF'ers ruining my Saturday . . .

• Love 3

Your affiliate and mine must get the same feed, because what I saw on my screen was Robin being forcibly removed from her husband and daughter twice.

The first time her death was faked, she was given electroshock therapy and literally held captive chained to a bed and then in a prison cell.

The second time, Victor gave her no choice but to come with him and then killed a baby when she tried to escape, and then Helena revealed she was spying on Pat & Emma and would have them killed if Robin tried anything.

So no, Robin did NOT "abandon" her family and she's only been taken away twice. What idiot producer wrote that copy? The same one who wrote that rape "joke" last few year?!? MF'ers ruining my Saturday . . .

Yup, we are for sure on the same feed.

And, yes, Robin wanted to save Jason. But Victor also said he was going to kill him if she didn't agree. I wouldn't exactly call her choice abandoning her family. It was a lose-lose situation.

Wasn't that scene from earlier in the thread from when Robin went away without telling Patrick to go deal with her meds after Jason turned her down when she asked him to help her disappear?

I do think it's in character for her to go and try to deal with things herself without asking for help but yeah, being a hostage for three years is just terrible terrible writing

• Love 2

JT mentioned KMc in his interview with Michael Fairman at the Daytime Emmys:

"She's been an amazing partner in a lot of ways for many years, so I'm fortunate that way."

Their friendship is adorbs.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have no words anymore to express how I feel about this show turning Robin into a constant hostage victim and Anna - a once dynamic, complex, often fun character, played by a brilliant actress - into a brainless, weak cypher.

Except for "fuck" and "you" and "show."

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

I HATED Anna at that point and cheered when Noah showed up to give her a piece of his mind.

If she'd given a damn about Robin over her exciting, footloose and fancy free lifestyle, she would have damn well known about Lisa Niles before Robin's funeral. Given that Patrick and Robin, no matter what problems they had, were each other's constants at that point, Anna had NO FUCKING right to go off on Robin's grieving husband, who was there for her more than her sorry excuse for a mother.

At least Robert had the excuse that he HAD to stay away to keep Robin safe. Anna was simply globe-trotting and not checking in.

Yeah, Anna wasn't really around. I get you. I just think Fin and JT play adversaries really well.

I'd actually not mind seeing that at this point now that they're on equal ground (AKA Anna not kicking Patrick while he was already drowning in grief and guilt) while trying to keep it together for Emma.

Then again, my unpopular opinion has always been that Anna has never chosen Robin over anything in her life.

Robin's noble sacrificial complex can be directly traced back to her erroneous assumption that Anna always chose the greater good over her, rather than Anna choosing "easy" over her every time.