Type keyword(s) to search

The Scorpios: Spies, Doctors, & Commissioners... Oh My!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I continue to be disappointed by the stupidity of Lucky's continued absence in his children's lives when they've shown that it's entirely possible for him to parent off-screen.  I'd rather see him with two hots and a cot than this ridiculous, OOC nothingness

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Michael, Robin, and Dante should have a lot more ambivalence in their feelings toward Sonny than they do. It's ridiculous that all of them had two minutes of anger and then things were back to status quo.

As always with this fakakta show, there's never any nuance.

• Love 6

Oh, I think Dante had a lot more than two minutes of anger. It went back and forth. And then Ron came on and Sonny got grazed by a bullet for Dante and after that it was pretty much okay, although to be fair to Ron I think he was wrapping up a Garin Wolf plot.

I'm only slightly mollified that Dante still brings up Sonny shooting him. Michael never says anything about him shooting AJ. (Since Robin is mostly gone, I'm giving her a pass for not reminding Sonny about firing a gun in her house.)

• Love 4

That's from the flashbacks to when they met on their first mission together ... they disguised themselves as cooks in the kitchen to rescue some ambassador being held hostage in a hotel or something.  

Because espionage in the Cold War always meant silly outfits, of course!!  LOL

• Love 1

A Robert return is happy happy joy joy.

Those GH jokers should try to use their brains once in a while and keep him on the show.  There's a whole lot of story that could be written if they knew how to write an actual developed story line instead of one minute scene sound bites.  

• Love 2

It's nerdy that I know this, but that last picture of Robert and Anna is the one Robin had framed in her room after they "died". 

• Love 2

Sorry, tomorrow, August 8th for sure.  I just saw the preview.

I don't even know who all those new people are.  I watch when Tristan and Genie are on.  That's what it's come to.  I use to sit three inches from the tv when I watched in the olden days.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask: Can anyone explain to me the exact relationship between Mac, Robert, and Frisco? I know the first two are brothers, but less sure about Frisco's relation to them. 

Robert, when he was Commissioner, took Frisco under his wing. And after the gold adventure, that brought us Anna and Robin, Frisco became a cop. And was one of Robin’s “Godfathers.” When Jack Wagner left the show, Frisco joined the WSB and then was presumed dead. Then came Mac. And through the years, after Frisco returned and left, Mac and Felicia fell in love, etc., etc.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2018 at 7:38 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Robert, when he was Commissioner, took Frisco under his wing. And after the gold adventure, that brought us Anna and Robin, Frisco became a cop. And was one of Robin’s “Godfathers.” When Jack Wagner left the show, Frisco joined the WSB and then was presumed dead. Then came Mac. And through the years, after Frisco returned and left, Mac and Felicia fell in love, etc., etc.

Thank you!

(edited)

I forgot what a bad actor that nice little wooden boy playing Cam was (Emma ain't much better). All that and he's just standing there thinking about juice.

@jsbt She hasn't improved:

Edited by ulkis
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

@jsbt She hasn't improved:

Just watched the clip. Brooklyn Silzer is surely no Meryl Streep, but - at least here - I don't think she was THAT bad. (But wow, she sounds so grown up!) At least she tries.

Which is more than I can say for many of the adults these days.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Just watched the clip. Brooklyn Silzer is surely no Meryl Streep, but - at least here - I don't think she was THAT bad. (But wow, she sounds so grown up!) At least she tries.

Which is more than I can say for many of the adults these days.

I thought that "Griffin, aren't you gonna give me a hug?" and slightly holding out stiff arms was pretty horrible. That said, I'm only so critical because I'm pretty sure they don't want to recast and that's ridiculous.

I think it's apples and oranges to compare her not phoning it in when she's on a handful of times a year to actors who are on daily.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought that "Griffin, aren't you gonna give me a hug?" and slightly holding out stiff arms was pretty horrible. That said, I'm only so critical because I'm pretty sure they don't want to recast and that's ridiculous.

That's literally all it is. She's actually gotten worse but Frank is attached to those kids. Bechtel at least improved but still shouldn't be Spencer anymore.

• Love 2
(edited)

BRS isn't any less talented than what her on screen mother was at the same age(and older). And I say that as someone who hates the very sound of that little girl's voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me.

But her on screen mom, KMc,  even had/has a similar mumbling/doesn't enunciate all the way, thing when she delivers most of her lines. So maybe BRS picked it up from her. She certainly didn't pick it up from Jason Thompson or Finola Hughes. Or even Tristan Rogers, who I sometimes cannot understand.

Edited by IWantCandy71

imo Kim McC was better than that at 12. Imo they probably both just mumble instead of BS picking up anything from anybody. BS did not have nearly as much screentime in comparison with her as she did with JT or FH.

• Love 4
(edited)

BRS’ main co-stars: Jason Thompson, Finola Hughes, Teresa Castillo, Kelly Thiebaud, Kelly Monaco, Kirsten Storms, Rebecca Herbst, Marc Anthony Samuel, Nic Bechtel. 

Kimberly McCullough’s visits had as much effect on BRS’ voice as it did on Ryan Paevey. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure GH had an acting coach back in the day who worked with KMcC and the other kids. I don't think there's anyone like that on staff anymore, so the younger actors are on their own or dependent on their scene partners.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have a question for other fans of the Scorpios/Robin that I find myself sometimes pondering over:

In retrospect, do any of you think it would have been better if Robert & Anna had stayed dead? I ask that because of both the ways the two have been treated since they turned up alive, and because of the growth their deaths forced Robin to have in the years afterward, especially in terms of the relationships/surrogate family she wound up creating for herself, both within her extended family (like Mac & Felicia) and her friends (like Brenda). That resulted in a lot of character growth that might not have taken place otherwise. It certainly made her more independent in terms of both taking care of herself AND going after what she wanted, including her medical career. 

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm glad Robert & Anna were brought back, especially after it seemed that Robin lost a person practically every year of the 90's to one form of death or another, not to mention everything else she has went through. But in terms of character development/retcons, I can see an argument for why it might have been better for her parents to have actually died. 

Edited by UYI
(edited)
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

imo Kim McC was better than that at 12. Imo they probably both just mumble instead of BS picking up anything from anybody. BS did not have nearly as much screentime in comparison with her as she did with JT or FH.

But you agree she mumbles some of her lines though, right ?  🙂

I used to want KMc to speak up and enunciate until I realized Robin had nothing to say I wanted to hear. 

*shrug*

Edited by IWantCandy71