Type keyword(s) to search

The Scorpios: Spies, Doctors, & Commissioners... Oh My!

• Start Topic

Ugh, Carly. It's always amusing watching the master of lies and manipulation try to accuse someone else of those same things. She was IN LOVE with Jason. I know the writers changed that as the years passed, but she wanted to be a family with him and she didn't care how it was going to happen. So what if Jason was in love with Robin? Carly was going to creep her way in between them and use Mikey to do it. She's the ultimate user. She did it with every woman Jason was with...Robin, Liz, Sam. I think the only person she liked with Jase was Courtney, for obvious reasons.

I do love that while she was the main reason Jase/Robin split, she never had the ability to truly break their connection.

• Love 1

Honestly, I think the writers just think of Robin's constant kidnapping as a "running gag" and a way to not wrap her story up so that they can pull KMc back for an episode now and then for ratings.   They don't take either the audience's reactions or the characters' emotional lives seriously.  They think their job is simply to have snappy scenes and one-liners and campy stuff and to move the characters around to explain it when an actor is absent.  That's all they seem to be capable of doing most of the time.

That's probably harsh, but I believe the writers are entirely missing the point of drama - i.e., that people are and should be emotionally invested in it, even though it's fiction.  Otherwise, why care about watching at all?   There's no payoff in Robin constantly suffering offscreen, because the audience knows damn well there won't be another "Robin is rescued and vindicated and returns home to recover" ending to the arc -- the audience knows the actress isn't coming back full-time, and they already saw her get rescued only to be victimized again, while everyone responsible for her victimization got away with it (except for possibly Faison, but let's face it, I'm sure he'll be back at some point). 

And I gotta say, with all the awful news stories in recent years about women being held capitve for years on end - constant kidnapping stories like this are not funny.   This shit ain't cute.  The show is just being gross now.   

• Love 4

While I will never agree with continuing to use the recycled kidnapping/hostage storyline, the REAL problem is the payoff. It's exactly like you stated, SlovakPrincess. There is none for the character or the part of the audience that likes her. As long as KMc is not on-screen, there will never be one.

When she finally comes home, she just has to leave again, right? So, she's not going to get her husband or her daughter back. She's not going to be with her mother or Maxie or Mac and Felicia. She's not going to get to be close to Jason, who is the person she sacrificed for.

And I doubt Dr. O, Jerry, or Helena will finally get what's coming to them.

So what's the point?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

They think their job is simply to have snappy scenes and one-liners and campy stuff and to move the characters around to explain it when an actor is absent.  That's all they seem to be capable of doing most of the time.

[soapdish]"I've got Jamaican homeless people sucking soup and a wave that costs twenty thousand dollars on the set. That's depressing and it's expensive. Those are words that I hate. You know some words I like? I like the word 'peppy' and the word 'cheap'."[/soapdish]

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 3

I could forgive cheap and stupid if it was actually peppy!

Instead, they set up a grotesque and depressing scenario for Robin but refuse to take the awfulness of the situation seriously. Instead, we are supposed to find Dr O getting away with kidnapping "fun" and Robin's husband giving up on her to flirt with Sam "peppy."

I'm sure some of the audience doesn't agree, but for me, Patrick looks the worst in this. For him to literally not piece any of this together and to merely focus on his attraction to Sam is by far RME material. And if Robin eventually comes back and he's once again torn between her and another woman...like....poor Robin. LOL.

Just for fun, Scorpio's first silly secret computer room (skip to around 5:30 unless you want to listen to Laura whine about Luke being missing, blah, blah, blah), and at around the 12:00 mark, the WSB tells him that he may have to kill Luke.  Robert no like that idea ...

Hey now! Gee thanks for harshing my mellow right out of the gate. 

No sticking you in a tree!

I am sorry. The double standard bugs.

Anyway, I am all for Anna sexing Julian. No to Dante and Nathan because I'll hate to see her in anything resembling a triangle with freaking Lulu or Maxie. They are not even the age group as her child.

I am sorry. The double standard bugs.

No worries -- to each their own opinion!  It frustrates me too how they've destroyed Anna's and Robin's relationship and have Anna accepting Robin's "decision."  It's just that my Anna love, combined with hatred of lazy storytelling, lays that blame entirely at the writers' feet.  But I can't argue that is how the character is acting.

• Love 1

This is the episode where Robert finds out Robin's his kid.  

Several things about this just kill me:

- The phone is bigger than Robin's head.

-  When Robert sees Anna and Robin together he just knows.  Later he says to Anna "tell me I'm right" -- he wants Robin to be his kid so bad!  Aww.   

- Anna twirling Robin around makes my cold, shriveled heart melt.  

- Anna's little looks of nervousness about how Robert might react are well done.  

• Love 5

Robin is my favorite character for life.
I very much hope they KMc comes back and signs on full time. I also need the show to stop trying to make Emma and Josslyn into 10 year old versions of Robin and Carly.

• Love 2

Robin is my fave, too! But sometimes I don't want KMc back because I'm not a fan of what Ron and Frank have done with the show.

Also, it's KMc's bday today! Which I ironically found out from Frank's Twitter. Ha.

• Love 3

He really does look better with age, damn. And he still had that spark as an actor and with KMc. Really loved that scene. It came at the perfect time as a Robin fan because omg that Lisa nonsense, fuck.

Now that I think about it, Robin hasn't been really happy since like, 2009. Lol.

He really does look better with age, damn. And he still had that spark as an actor and with KMc. Really loved that scene. It came at the perfect time as a Robin fan because omg that Lisa nonsense, fuck.

Now that I think about it, Robin hasn't been really happy since like, 2009. Lol.

The only thing I hated about those scenes was Guzasshole's writing having Stone, Stone put some of the blame for Patdouche cheating! And yes, yes, I realize that he was Robin's subconscious and that some part of Robin blamed herself, but I DID.NOT.CARE for having those words come out of Stone's mouth. And dammit, I wanted a passionate kiss between them!!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

The only thing I hated about those scenes was Guzasshole's writing having Stone, Stone put some of the blame for Patdouche cheating! And yes, yes, I realize that he was Robin's subconscious and that some part of Robin blamed herself, but I DID.NOT.CARE for having those words come out of Stone's mouth. And dammit, I wanted a passionate kiss between them!!!!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I'm still hoping Sutton comes back as a Stone lookalike for Robin's next exit. Robin kicks Patrick in the balls and meets this handsome GQ motherf'er on a plane ride to Italy. GH is so good in my head.

Oh honey, I've been wanting a Stone Doppleganger for years, dating all the way back on TWoP, to come and take Robin away, but especially after Patdouche's cheating.

But it'll never happen because I'm not allowed to have nice things for my second favorite character (RobertFucking!Scorpio remains and always will be my No. One favorite character). Is it any wonder Robin is right after considering her bloodline?

• Love 2

Oh honey, I've been wanting a Stone Doppleganger for years, dating all the way back on TWoP, to come and take Robin away, but especially after Patdouche's cheating.

But it'll never happen because I'm not allowed to have nice things for my second favorite character (RobertFucking!Scorpio remains and always will be my No. One favorite character). Is it any wonder Robin is right after considering her bloodline?

Posting this here, since it's Robin related.

I've read in a couple of threads of how when Robin finds out about Sam and Patrick, how she should be pissed, or drop kick Patrick's ass, etc., and I am honestly confused about such comments.

Robin knows/knew her marriage was over when Patrick found her at the clinic, and served her with divorce papers. He was petulant, and angry.  There were no expressions of love coming from him; just anger and judgments and refusal go give Robin more time, and  believing her lies, when he claimed to love her in the past and know her so well.  She even told the headless Jason her marriage was over.

Will she be hurt if she returns and sees that Patrick has moved on with Sam? That Jason wasn't able to reunite with his wife and child? Without a doubt. Because she still loves him.  But anger? No, I don't see that happening. In fact, I suspect that she'll blame herself, like all regimes have had her do when it comes to this douchenozzle, except for the two weeks Guza actually gave her a point of view and had her get angry and blame him for cheating with that psycho ass Lisa.

So no, I don't expect to see an angry/pissed Robin IF she comes back. More like the relationship will be rubbed in her face, she'll be kidnapped again, and that Sam and Patrick's relationship will implode only when Jason gets his memory back. IF that petulant douchetastic fuckwit decides that Jake is Jason after all.

• Love 1

I think a lot has changed since the clinic back in what? August? She should be pissed now. Patrick has more than enough information between Faison, Helena, Victor, Jake, etc, to put two and two together that something isn't right. He hasn't even tried to contact Robin "in Paris."

But thinking she should be pissed and the reality of Ron are two different things. Of course Robin will probably cry and beg for Patrick to forgive her or some joke along those lines. She'll blame herself. He'll be so in love with Sam now and the end.

I think a lot has changed since the clinic back in what? August? She should be pissed now. Patrick has more than enough information between Faison, Helena, Victor, Jake, etc, to put two and two together that something isn't right. He hasn't even tried to contact Robin "in Paris."

But thinking she should be pissed and the reality of Ron are two different things. Of course Robin will probably cry and beg for Patrick to forgive her or some joke along those lines. She'll blame herself. He'll be so in love with Sam now and the end.

This is the same man who believed her lies about her not being able to save Jason, and how she wanted to stay at the clinic because she felt she could be of help to mankind.  Plus, it was clear, at least to me, that Patrick was done with Robin in August.  And why would Robin expect Patrick to figure out she was lying? Like he sussed out she lied about Jason?

My girl has been tortured so much, and passed around among the villains, who knows what condition she's in.  And I doubt she knows that Faison told that asshat that Victor was behind the accident that killed his child.  And we saw his reaction non-reaction to that.  Did he take out his cell and quickly dial Robin to apologize? Get on a plane to see her?  Do anything that would show me that he still cared? Nope.

And then there's what you said in the last paragraph above.

I get that Patrick was done with Robin even before August, actually. But I think if/when she finds out that Patrick knew what Victor did, knew Helena was back, knew that sound random guy was brainwashed by Helena and was having visions of Sam, knew that he didn't even TRY to contact her or care that she hadn't contacted the family since last year, knew Faison escaped...how can she logically NOT be mad? It's too much that Ron let out there.

But, again, Ron. We're talking about Ron. Sam and Patrick have both been in cute little innocent bubbles in this story. I don't expect that to change.

I get that Patrick was done with Robin even before August, actually. But I think if/when she finds out that Patrick knew what Victor did, knew Helena was back, knew that sound random guy was brainwashed by Helena and was having visions of Sam, knew that he didn't even TRY to contact her or care that she hadn't contacted the family since last year, knew Faison escaped...how can she logically NOT be mad? It's too much that Ron let out there.

But, again, Ron. We're talking about Ron. Sam and Patrick have both been in cute little innocent bubbles in this story. I don't expect that to change.

The same way, Patrick turned on Robin, knowing, knowing that Victor threatened Robin and her family and loved ones if she didn't go to the clinic, and she didn't get angry.  I mean, even if that fuckwit insults my intelligence and expects me to forget what was put on screen--Patrick threatening to kill Victor if anything happened to Robin, yet, just three months in and said fuckwit is having Patrick whining and changing his tune about how Robin "left her family" to "go save Jason" as if she had a bloody, fucking choice. 

And Robin didn't get angry at him for him flipping everything around and making it seem like she chose Jason over her family. She just stood there and took it.

Like I said before, Robin isn't allowed to be happy or have legitimate and logical emotional reactions or to fight back. She's everyone's punching bag.

• Love 2

The ultimate problem with this story was Ron switching the narrative in every other episode. Robin left by choice to save Jason! No, Victor threatened her! Wait, it's both! Who knows what Ron will ride with when Robin comes back.

If Ron was smart, which he's not, Robin getting angry and then getting over it would actually be the perfect way to finally end Scrubs and let her be free. Because if she's still sad and begging like, hasn't the character and her fans been dragged enough? Damn.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

What this regime has done to Robin is sadistic and grotesque.  It was nasty that she was kidnapped for so long before her parents went to rescue her in 2013 or whatever.   The fact that the show has just continued to do this to her after she was rescued the first time is just beyond the pale.  

And the fact that they are doing this to a character who (a) is beloved by many fans because she was once a little girl on the show, and (b) is a character who requires consistent medication and health care, makes it all the more disgusting.   Does Ron even remember she needs daily HIV medication?!  Does the network even remember how much critical acclaim they got from the AIDS story, of which Robin/KMc played a critical part?   All of that has been ruined with Robin being treated like an inanimate object to be passed around by the villains.    

And this is why I am probably on the Barge forever.   Robin's not even my all-time favorite, but what this regime is doing is so, so wrong.  

• Love 3

To be fair, he does remember about the HIV, they made a point of mentioning that Jerry always gave her her meds, but it's still kind of a weird clash to see the HIV positive character involved in storylines about reviving frozen people from pods

(edited)

I just stumbled on this old Fairman JT interview from a few years ago (right after Robin "died") and his reax to a possible Robin recast just legit made me spit up. I don't think I've ever seen an actor so frank and blunt about something that would make them up and quit. Preach, JT.

FAIRMAN: Finally, assuming that we don’t get a surprise at the end of the funeral episodes and we find a very much alive Robin somewhere, there is a burned and charred body. My biggest concern is some day some actress is going to wander into Port Charles and go, “I am really, Robin!”

JASON: Hmmm. I don’t think I am going to be there for that, because I would walk out if they ended up doing that.

Edited by HeatLifer

I just stumbled on this old Fairman JT interview from a few years ago (right after Robin "died") and his reax to a possible Robin recast just legit made me spit up. I don't think I've ever seen an actor so frank and blunt about something that would make them up and quit. Preach, JT.

FAIRMAN: Finally, assuming that we don’t get a surprise at the end of the funeral episodes and we find a very much alive Robin somewhere, there is a burned and charred body. My biggest concern is some day some actress is going to wander into Port Charles and go, “I am really, Robin!”

JASON: Hmmm. I don’t think I am going to be there for that, because I would walk out if they ended up doing that.

If I can say so, this is one of those things that makes me roll my eyes at JT. I guess its very noble that he says he'd quit on principle if Robin was recast, but if that's his line in the sand then this current business of her being crapped on eight ways from Sunday maybe doesn't bother him that much. Considering that Patrick has only ever been relevant IMO is when he was with Robin (I don't hate Samtrick, but it doesn't thrill me either), Thompson should consider talking it up in interviews about how Ron should try to work something out with Kimberly. He's supposedly all about motivation, he should motivate in that direction.

I remember when he said that. I totally believe he meant. I also kinda have my doubts that he would have/would follow through if it actually happened, though.

• Love 1

I'm not defending JT at all here, and while he hasn't exactly said that Ron should work something out with her, I think he actually does talk about KMc/Robin a lot, moreso than he probably should at this point. He's always saying how he wants her back on the show and acknowledges how important she is to him personally and professionally. On Fairman's radio show the other day when discussing his Emmy nom (which was a Scrubs scene), he said that "KMc has carried me for years and still carries me and she's not even on the show." He's tweeting that he misses Scrubs.

I'm just saying, I may not like Patrick's story right now, but I've always thought that JT goes out of his way to support KMc/Robin/Scrubs. Which, like I said, probs shouldn't even be happening bc he's involved in a completely different story at this point and should probs logically advocate for that.

• Love 4

No, I think he does too (support Kim/Scrubs etc). But whether he would actually walk walk would be interesting to see if that happened if they actually recast. but they never will, so it's moot.

He must know that Scrubs has been utterly decimated by this current story, where Patrick is completely callous toward Robin while the audience knows she's continuing her years long suffering offscreen.

I mean, everyone who knows Robin looks like an asshole in this story (which kills the Robert and Anna loving part of my soul). But Patrick demanding a divorce from someone he at least believes has PTSD and bitching about how he's mad Robin went with scary, threatening Victor when Victor was, you know, threatening her family ... He comes out looking the worst.

• Love 5
(edited)

You know I agree with every word. But the TPTB in soaps don't care about that junk. It will be so easy for them to pretend like it never happened. It's why Patrick can say that he will love Robin until the end of time and then shack up with Sam months later. And if Robin comes back, Patrick's obsession with Sam can disappear in an instant and he'll be back to all Robin everything. It's just the nature of the beast. It sucks, yes, but I don't think JT or Ron or Frank really care about realism here.

Edited by HeatLifer
(edited)

I know you're right. But to be this tone deaf toward the audience .... I blame the writers, not JT. It's just mind boggling that they expect Scrubs fans to stick around with this writing.

And it dooms the SamTrick pairing as well, which could've worked with a different set up and story.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I think both Jakeson/Liz and Samtrick were tarnished bc of the way the story is being written. They are clear plot points created to "up the stakes" after the reveal. But oops! I figured it out, so Ron may change everything now and both couples are soulmates.

This a few days late, but it can't go unacknowleged:

Anna's 30th anniversary as a character was on April 10th, 2015. Here are her first scenes from 1985. She first appears at 4:29:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2