Type keyword(s) to search

The Scorpios: Spies, Doctors, & Commissioners... Oh My!

• Start Topic

UYI, add me to the tears list. I was 16 and remember being in disbelief that Robert & Anna were dead. They were my favorite couple & I just knew we would see a glimpse of them alive somewhere. I think i cried every time Robin cried. I still remember that funeral at the church.

If ABC every decided to compile & sell old shows/stories I would buy Robin's & the Todd & Blair story in a heartbeat. I've lost hours watching both on YT. I never get tired or bored re-watching any of their scenes.

Its really starting to tick me off that aside from a week of so around last Christmas, Robin hasn't had peace and happiness for years!

Since the summer of 2011, she has gone consecutively from being shot by Sonny to terrorized by Lisa to thinking her meds had stopped watching to being kidnapped and tortured to having to deal with her husband having a baby with another woman to being held prisoner by Victor.  

I realize there needs to be conflict or there is no show, but can't Robin just have a few months of happiness with her daughter, husband, friends and family, even if its mostly off screen?

Given the way other characters aren't shown for weeks on end, why cant Robin be in town just not on screen?  Every time there is an event where Robin should logically be there, if KMc is not available we can just have exposition that she's spending time with Emma or is in surgery or having a girls day with Felicia or at a medical conference.  She and Patrick can even be separated or divorced, but she they still co-parent and Robin can have some happiness.

When KMc can commit to a few weeks period, they can do a Scrubs working on their marriage story.  

• Love 3

Tiger, this is why I've decided the writers are sadistic freaks. This ain't love in the afternoon, it's just awfulness for the sake of being awful and "shocking".

And this is why the soap genre is dying. She is case in point that the idiots in charge don't understand the emotional connection fans must have to the show. Robin fans do accept adversity will come her way, but they want to see good people be happy in between conflicts - especially someone they've watched grow up on the show.

Robin fans are just getting beaten down, over and over. This is like watching a puppy die.

• Love 2

Like I posted in the episode thread, the fuckwits are bound and determined to make everyone hate Robin and be on Patdickdouche's side in all this. There was absolutely NO reason to destroy Robin. None at all.  Robin is hurting. She's hurting because that louse of a dick of a husband is divorcing her; she hurts for him, because his son died. I didn't see her celebrating or being relieved that that blanket died, did you?

It's gotten to the point that I wish Guza were back. Yes! I said it. Sure Robin suffered under his poison pen, but not to the total annihilation of her character. She showed spunk, spark, badassery and a strong backbone (if only for a month) under his writing.

And no one will convince me that Robin and Emma were Skyping all this time. They only showed it because of the complaints from viewers, I'm sure.

• Love 4

When will TIIC realize ,no one who has watched her grow up hates Robin .They put FrankenRon in the same box as Guza. .I will never hate Robin and I will always be grateful to Kim for coming back for the fans. I have always taken this as Re-Ron getting even with Kim because she wants a different life.looks like the FrankenRon name is closer to them than ever.

In the recasts thread we were talking about how Ron has turned Lulu into the GH version of Jessica Buchanan, and that made me wonder, for those of you who watched OLTL, what would Maxie be the GH version of? Natalie or someone else? (From what I've seen of OLTL, seems like Roxy actually, ha.)

I think it probably would be Natalie, sadly. RC loved her but trashed her to the hills and back too, because he took for granted that she and other characters like her could take the hit and bounce back.

• Love 2

I actually see a lot of parallels between Maxie and OLTL's Gabrielle Medina (the woman pictured in my avatar, for the record :) ).

Their lives are definitely not completely the same--Gabrielle was a British-Argentinean woman who grew up in a Catholic family (although like Maxie, her parents separated at one point--Gabby's dad was actually named Dante, heh!), thinking she would become a nun (and at one point years later, considered it again). A lot of the same thing about bad decisions being made with good intentions (Gabrielle switched the dead baby of her soon-to-be-fiance with her late ex husband's living one (who was also her true love's nephew), because after the fiance's wife was killed in the car crash, she believed he would commit suicide if anything happened to his son. There's even some parallel about the innocence lost--Gabrielle was, at her core, a good woman who went through events that gradually made her an antiheroine, and wasn't Maxie a much nicer kid before she grew up? That belief that they weren't good enough--that is certainly something they share.

Alas, unlike Maxie, Gabrielle didn't make it to the end of OLTL alive :'( .

ETA: They also share suicide attempts in common, weirdly enough, although in Gabrielle's case she had the writer's strike of 1988 to blame for that. And hell, she can even share something in common with Pillowena--in that she tried to smother her ex-husband with a pillow while he was in a coma, in a fit of desperation over the love for his brother (again, the writers strike).

Okay, I'm reaching on that last one :P .

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Like I posted in the episode thread, the fuckwits are bound and determined to make everyone hate Robin and be on Patdickdouche's side in all this. There was absolutely NO reason to destroy Robin. None at all.

That's kind of where I'm at right now. Even if KMc has a deal where she comes back at random times for 2-3 episodes or whatever, there's no reason why Robin can't be off somewhere HAPPY in the meantime. Yes, I get that it's a soap, but it's not like every other character doesn't fill the dramatic needs of the show. There's an intent to make Robin suffer with no payoff that is just odd as hell and unnecessary to me.

IMO, the only way the storyline now works is if KMc is there full-time. Otherwise, as I see it, Jason comes back, Sam/Patrick get the feels, and Robin is off somewhere unhappy and having lost everything. I can't get on board with that nonsense.

Unless I get my wish and Robin goes OFF on Patrick, signs the divorce papers with an emoji, takes Emma, and peaces out, I would prefer for the character to be there for the aftermath of the Jason revelation.

• Love 4

I think at this point, the best option would be to have Robin living and working off screen in a nearby town like Beecher's Corner, we see her on screen a few days every few months, and in the interim Anna, Mac, Felicia, Maxie or Liz is used to communicate Robin's POV to Patrick or whoever about something when needed.

• Love 2

I think at this point, the best option would be to have Robin living and working off screen in a nearby town like Beecher's Corner, we see her on screen a few days every few months, and in the interim Anna, Mac, Felicia, Maxie or Liz is used to communicate Robin's POV to Patrick or whoever about something when needed.

YES. I don't get why that's so hard to do. I'd think they would WANT to just cut Robin/Patrick's ties at this point. Let them have a clean break and if there's a need for communication about Emma, they can figure that out along the way. This is the best option to let JT/Patrick move on to other storylines/romances without a peep of an uproar. It's the fact that Robin is left dangling while Patrick skips around with no care in the world that I think aggravates most of the fanbase.

I want Robin to have amazing chemistry with Billy Miller. I kinda think they will.

I have a feeling they will, too. My fear is that we will never get the Robin/Jason reunite scene that this storyline SO DESPERATELY calls for. I don't even know if Billy Miller taped yet or if KMc is even taping again anytime soon.

• Love 1

Great scene. It's amazing how much the production on this show has dropped in 7 years. The above police scene compared to the one we had in a closet with Dante/Nathan & Lulu.

I liked Scrubs but Mac & Robin said it best, Patric was never good enough for her.

The main point, they weren't F'in over KMc's hair.

• Love 1

The production quality now looks so poor compared to Y&R and B&B.

Patrick was on my shit list various times throughout the years, but it became a permanent spot with Lisa. And a part of me can't get past his behavior right now. Forgetting the Sam BS for a moment, Robin's life is in danger and he doesn't care enough to investigate. It's just so far beyond repair to me. Ah, well.

I miss Robin's friends, for sure. I feel like she doesn't have anyone on her side anymore. Of course it's hard to keep besties when you've been held hostage for nearly 3 years now.

As I've said in the past, here and over on the other board, I've loved Robin from the first day she showed up.  She has only disappointed me three times during her tenure on the show. I will never hate her, no matter how much crap the fuckwits in charge drop on her, or destroy her...make her act out of character, so they can just SUCK it, take a big OLE Can of FUCKOFFANDDIE as far as I'm concerned.

1. Those three times? When she didn't stick to the "I've lost all respect for you" to the midgety moobster when she was told that he'd married the Beast;
  2. When she didn't get mad at same moobster after learning he'd shot Dante IN.THE.CHEST., and proceeded to urge Dante to forgive that murderous thug by showing him a picture of Stone;
  3. When she forgave that midgety moobster when she returned last fall for shooting her and endangering her daughter. Clearly she was suffering from PTSD.

This character has suffered so fucking much, it's disgusting; with only a few months of happiness here and there. It's beyond gross.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

I'm with you. No matter what the writers try to do, my love for Robin never wavers. I've watched her for way too long.

Like you said, there are times when her choices can be frustrating, especially when it comes to forgiveness and Sonny. Sonny has done enough to Robin and those she loves that I think he deserves to be cut off at this point. It will never happen, though, because I think the writers want to keep the Sonny/Robin/Stone/Jason stuff alive for nostalgia purposes and to show that Sonny has a "good side." And they use/used it to create a rift between Scrubs.

I'd prefer for Robin to get a happy ending for now since KMc is not on the show longterm anymore. It's the perfect time to let the character live a relatively normal life off-screen.

Add me to the Robin, fangirl list. I won't hate her & they can't make me not like her. She's my girl, we've grown up together & regimes have screwed her over for decades now.

I'd prefer for Robin to get a happy ending for now since KMc is not on the show longterm anymore. It's the perfect time to let the character live a relatively normal life off-screen.

I've been asking for this for a while. Let her go be the amazing doctor she is with a man that truly loves her. I don't care if it is a Stone doppledanger, Lucky (I won't give up on my Rocky child wish) or Casey the damn Alien. Just let her be happy & loved.

• Love 4

I've been asking for this for a while. Let her go be the amazing doctor she is with a man that truly loves her. I don't care if it is a Stone doppledanger, Lucky (I won't give up on my Rocky child wish) or Casey the damn Alien. Just let her be happy & loved.

If Michael Sutton came back for an episode or two again as some randon Stone lookalike for her exit, I would be the happiest girl ever. Although, like you, I'd take anything that would just give her a happy ending. Why is it always about her life being at risk while she's off-screen!? The hell.

I freaking adore the older stuff with Robin/Anna. KMc/Finola had such a real connection from the start. And this was back when GH actually wrote kids as...kids. Parents as...parents. It's so embarrassing comparing that scene to what's happening now with the current younger set.

• Love 2

Robin never used to be my favorite, and there were times when she was downright intolerable to me (at the height of her Sonny-and-Jason-propping phase - when, ironically, she was a writers pet).

However, I'm pretty stubborn, and I'll always have a soft spot for her because I grew up with her. And she's Robert and Anna's kid.

So the more the last few regimes have abused and belittled Robin, the more I'm like "FUCK YOU WRITERS, SHE'S AWESOME! I LOVE HER!"

Good grief, just give her Emma and let her go be happy offscreen, already.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

Good grief, just give her Emma and let her go be happy offscreen, already.

YESSS. I'm biased, but whatever. Chick has been on the show on/off for nearly 30 years. Asking for the character to get a happy ending shouldn't be too much to ask for.

• Love 4
So far, KMc has an excellent track record (IMO) with generating chemistry with all her dudes.

I pulled this from the Jason thread. I absolutely agree with this. In an age where they try o "make" a pairing happen, KMc has truly had 3 major pairings. She did have chem with TC before they dumped the idea,  I liked her with the actor that played Dr. Terrell Jackson, i was surprised by the chemistry she had with SR/Jerry, JVP/Carlos & now headless Jason. YMMV , of course.

The previous regimes never wanted to explore KMc's chemistry with actors & sadly, I believe Cartini feel the same.

• Love 3

Kimberly McCullough is a chemistry magnet. Hell, she'd have chemistry with a block of wood; which, well, is what Burton turned into; yet he came alive in scenes with her. That cannot be denied. He didn't stay mute or blink; blink. His eyes literally shone and lit up and he...GAH...would SMILE!

• Love 5

I don't know much about behind-the-scenes stuff, but I never felt like TPTB didn't want to explore KMc with other romantic love interests. I think they just struck gold in 2005 with KMc/JT, for example, and stuck with it. Yes, JT/Patrick was able to have some other ladies, but I always felt that was just Patty's character. And I think the writers thought it would be harder for Robin to strut her stuff sexually because of her HIV status.

But yes, I think KMc shines with pretty much everyone she's working with. She's very relatable in that way. I'm not joking when I felt the feels for her and Headless!Jason! I'm truly excited to see her with Billy Miller and Cartini best bring her back for that.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

*sniff* came across these...and despite the horrid dye job, I still cried...

But especially this one:

Totally knew Robin was alive, when she accused Robert of not saving her.

And THIS, this is the Luke I wish had stayed!

The last would have been perfection if not for the "your son" bullshit and it being the thing for Robert to not jump. But otherwise, wonderful...

*sniff*

She escaped. She got Jason home & was kidnapped by Hells before she could see or talk to family. Don't ask why she didn't call on her way home because that would require logical thinking, which Ron can't write. Hells,forced Robin to Skype her mom & Patrick telling them some BS & that she was headed to Paris. No, her mom nor Patrick have gone to find her or talk to her in person.

Now i'm off to get a drink.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Oh for fucks sake.

My thoughts exactly.

My only wish at this point is for Ron to bring Robin home, reunite her with Emma and set her free from that joke of a husband. Then she can live happily off-screen. The end.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I need to see Billy Miller and Kim Mc in a scene.

I did too but know that they have Liz & Carly sniffing around Jason with Sam not far behind while Sonny reminiscences about his best bud, I don't.

I don't care that Jason is now being played by BM. Robin has enough shit to deal with & deserves happiness. St. JASUS won't be able to provide it.

• Love 2

Jason is the ONLY one who can provide it, though. I don't want Robin to have lost everything (time with her daughter, her douche husband, etc) AND think that she made the wrong choice by reviving Jason.

I want him to be a changed person (which he obviously is in a lot of ways so far) and thank her for giving him a chance to redo his life.

Oh, who am I kidding!? This is Ron. *cries*

• Love 1

I think they will be adorable together. They both sparkle on camera.

Yes, the actors due however I still do not want the characters involved in more than a basic conversation.

Heatlifer I understand & feel your pain.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

No to J&R. No. Because it'll still be savior Jasus. And I'm willing to bet, still in the mob and kissing the asses of Sonny and Carly. And I don't want Robin in a 600-mile radius of that shit. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

Jasus can have Sam and Liz mud wrestle for his SERIAL KILLER affections.

Eh, I'm not too concerned about a JnR romance. It'll never happen, especially because KMc isn't on canvas. I just want her back for a few epis so he can go down on his knees and kiss her toes for ONCE AGAIN saving his life and sacrificing her own.

• Love 1