Type keyword(s) to search

The Scorpios: Spies, Doctors, & Commissioners... Oh My!

• Start Topic

I liked Maxie reminding Michael that she perjured herself for him after he killed Claudia, & Sonny was trying (sort of) to take the rap.  Though I don't think she should have covered for either one, I understood why she did it.  But Sonny was so gross during that time.

Because He FUCKING deserves his own thread!

He's the Sexy Aussie who exploded on my 20 inch black and white screen, and my tweeny heart went pitty pat into meltdown.  James Bond, who? I say.

He was the first and bestestest of Police Commissioners on this show...if he was made to look incompetent, I don't recall. He suffered and struggled when former mates, friends, lovers went to the dark side, but as Commish, he followed the law and did his fucking job. 

Yeah, yeah, he let Anna go way back when. He's human, not perfect.

He's retained that gorgeous accent and that charming twinkle in those blue, blue eyes. He kicks ass, doesn't tolerate bullshit and loves* his baby girl and would die, and almost did die, to save her.

As you can see, I'm partial to the Scorpios, but Robert was my first Scorpio that I loved, followed by Anna and then Wee Robin. And then Mac.

*We will NOT talk about that Pod!Robert who showed up during the Monkey virus storyline. Because that wasn't RobertFucking!Scorpio!

Thank GOD for Sri Rao, who found the REAL Robert and returned him to me us on Night Shift II, and that Guzasshole was forced to leave him alone when he returned to give Robin away when she married Patrick. I thank whatever Soap Gods are out there, that the current douchetasticpratbastardprickofafuckwit headwriter left him alone.

• Love 5

Like a lot of the old school characters, he was awesome because he had depth. He wasn't perfect, he got things wrong and hurt others' feelings and felt bad about it later, and he had some dark stuff in his past.

But helping people was a huge deal for him. And he was case in point that good characters don't have to be boring! He was fun and charming and awesome!

• Love 3

In recent years (yes, even under Ronnie!) I loved him matching wits with Helena Cassadine.  I don't know if he ever shared a scene with Elizabeth Taylor, but his playfulness with Constance Towers ("Mrs C!") was just the awesomest awesome to evah awesome.

(edited)

In recent years (yes, even under Ronnie!) I loved him matching wits with Helena Cassadine.  I don't know if he ever shared a scene with Elizabeth Taylor, but his playfulness with Constance Towers ("Mrs C!") was just the awesomest awesome to evah awesome.

Yes, he DID share scenes with Elizabeth Taylor! I'll go see if I can find that clip and post it here!

couldn't find the clip, but did find the blooper real with Robert and Liz's Helena.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
(edited)

The out takes with Liz Taylor make me like both TR and TG so much ... You can tell they are so excited and nervous to be working with her. Adorable!

I should add that those clips make me adore Taylor, as well.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
(edited)

Ah, Robert. Debonair, suave, and with an awesome Aussie accent for flavor. He rocked and was easy on the eyes and ears.

And he was SMART and was on the side of the angels, i.e. he would not tolerate criminals and tried to put 'em all away. So is it any wonder Guzasshole tried to destroy him? Sigh. (And Robert needed to counsel his Robin about her soft spot for punk-ass bitch mobsters, too, but that's for another time!)

I miss him, but even under a regime not with Guza, as we'd seen at "Robin's" funeral, he is better off gone for now.

As an aside, how ironic that Tristan Rogers used to be the spokesperson for Outback Steakhouse commercials. Makes me wonder if that chain is why GH was forced to abandon Mac's "Outback" on the show...

Edited by WendyR72
  • Love 1

First, thanks Mod(s) who granted my request to tweak the thread title! Much appreciated!

And he was SMART and was on the side of the angels, i.e. he would not tolerate criminals and tried to put 'em all away. So is it any wonder Guzasshole tried to destroy him? Sigh. (And Robert needed to counsel his Robin about her soft spot for punk-ass bitch mobsters, too, but that's for another time!)

Yes, he was! Still is! And as much of a friend Sean was, and as laughable as Robert's get up as "Wu" was during the Asian storyline, Sean happily let Robert arrest his ass, after he thought Robert had died when he fell off that skyline thingamajig.

Youtube has the whole Asian Quarter storyline, but I can't find the scene where Robert and Sean are fighting on the ski lift, Robert falls over and Sean is yelling "Scorpio! Scorpio!" thinking his old friend is dead. Only for Robert to show up later disguised as Wu to arrest him (Sean).  pxlbarrel has the ENTIRE storyline up on youtube and the quality is great.

And then there's the most recent of Robert's badassness that shows his fallibility when he thinks he's failed Robin.

But first, there was this:

Then THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mQx4iMJKg

Oh and then THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oueX0lLVMZg

I can watch these scenes over and over and OVER again!

They are the rare good scenes of recent history. But I have to be honest: I'm glad Robert is away from the clusterfuck of this show. It has made Anna look stupid (AND she's stuck with Duke! What did she do to deserve THAT?), and the fact that Robin will somehow probably return for more abuse and destruction just gives me the sads, ya know?

But I get wanting the good ol' days back. It's just too bad the writing isn't there for them!

• Love 2

Oh, don't get me wrong! I don't want Robert anywhere near this shitfest of a show. Tristan got out when the going was good. I don't care what that douchetasticfuckwit said in the press. He would have ruined Robert. The way he left was vintage Robert and so in character. The only way I'd want my favorites back would be if this show got a new head writer, someone who could write and loves the genre. But that ain't evah gonna happen, so at least I've got these videos.

And still, almost a year later, and all those clips above make me cry; ugly cry, yo.

Unlike crying at how bad it has fallen, right, @GHScorpiosRule ?  :-P

That's right, @WendyCR72 ! We are talking Jason Morgan levels of ugly crying (when he and Robin broke up that first time in summer of '97 and she left to go to Paris and study at the Sorbonne) Say what one will about the borg and serial killer he turned into, he wasn't a killer yet.

That's right, @WendyCR72 ! We are talking Jason Morgan levels of ugly crying (when he and Robin broke up that first time in summer of '97 and she left to go to Paris and study at the Sorbonne) Say what one will about the borg and serial killer he turned into, he wasn't a killer yet.

Fair enough!  :-)  I just think the years of worship have made me hate the character altogether, but if you still have some fond memories, more power to you there!

• Love 1

The Robert/Sean fight on the lift was some good shit! It was a messy, gritty fight to the death (or so we thought), and Anna's watching the whole thing and is shell-shocked when she thinks Robert is dead.

And Sean at one point starts sobbing in remorse. And he doesn't even mind when Robert arrests him, he's just so damn happy and relieved he didn't actually kill his old pal. Such good drama!

• Love 1

The Robert/Sean fight on the lift was some good shit! It was a messy, gritty fight to the death (or so we thought), and Anna's watching the whole thing and is shell-shocked when she thinks Robert is dead.

And Sean at one point starts sobbing in remorse. And he doesn't even mind when Robert arrests him, he's just so damn happy and relieved he didn't actually kill his old pal. Such good drama!

Exactly @SlovakPrincess ! I tried to figure out which parts of the Asian Quarter those scenes took place, but I couldn't. Was it at the end? Right before Sean's in the hospital, and where Sean and Monica start their affair? Or in the middle? There are like, 227 parts to the storyline clips.

You know, I never saw it in real time, only on YouTube. I think that the ski lift fight is actually the end of the Aztec Treasure story (because Sean has actually kidnapped Frisco, Felicia and Anna at this point). After that finishes, Anna leaves town and Sean somehow gets himself off the hook.

I think the Asian Quarter stuff doesn't kick off until Robin turns up on Roberts doorstep and Anna has to come back and explain herself. (Another great scene! - where Robert sees Anna and Robin together for the first time and makes the most perfect "OMG!" face ... because he just instantly knows. )

I haven't watched the rest of the Asian Quarter stuff yet.

Ohhhhhhh! Why did I think that Robert arresting Sean was during the Asian Quarter storyline? Because I watched BOTH in REAL time. I think it was because Robert was disguised as Wu when he arrested Sean. Shame on me, I should have known better!

Well it does get confusing - since the politically incorrect portrayal of Asian people featured prominently in BOTH the Aztec and Asian Quarter storylines. ;)

Unfortunately, that seemed to be all the rage in the '80s. See Sixteen Candles in the same said era as proof. (I won't lie. Gedde Watanabe is STILL hilarious as Long Duck Dong, but objectively? Hello, stereotype hell.)

And yet, Robert disguising himself as an Asian man that Sean had never seen before was ... still somehow more realistic than all the mask madness Ron has written - where the masks were so perfect people were fooled into thinking they were with their loved ones.

(edited)

No clue. I think he got a one year contract and he started in January...so, January 2015?

Even if he doesn't renew I don't want him anywhere NEAR this shitfest. Not as long as that douchetasticfuckwit is still in charge. He'd totally fuck up Robert's character. I already have to live with how he's ground Robin into the dirt, and made Anna stoopid. I don't want his talentless fingers anywhere NEAR Tristan/Robert!

ETA: It's all IE10's fault!!! Plus I have a migraine...

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

No clue. I think he got a one year contract and he started in January...so, January 2015?

Even if he doesn't renew I don't want him anywhere NEAR this shitfest. Not as long as that douchetasticfuckwit is still in charge. He'd totally fuck up Robert's character. I already have to live with how he's ground Robin into the dirt, and made Anna stoopid. I don't want his talentless fingers anywhere NEAR Tristan/Roger.

Roger?! <Takes away Scorpio fan card.>

Five things I can watch 24/7 for the rest of my life.  RXS drinking with Luke, working the Susan Moore murder scene,  the fake honeymoon spies in France with Anna the double agent, meeting Robin for the first time and seeing the look on his face when Anna confirms that Robin is his daughter.

• Love 1

If ABC and TIIC of this show ever want to know why the fans are so disgusted with this show all they have to do is go to YT and watch the clips. How can any of them not see the shit they have replaced the show with .Starting with The unholy three and FrankenRon.Their is nothing to make you go home and watch. DVR 's are the best, but mine get deleated more often unwatched.than watched.Even with the FF option.I agree about Robert, Anna is now just a stupid cop on the Sonny show Duke is actually working and lieing for Sonny..I am not looking forward to how large and red the horns are Robin will be wearing. Especially knowing Suebrina will be returning at the same time.And we all know AJ's murder will be blamed on AJ and Sonny will probably be given a medal.After all he killed an alcoholic. I think maybe Tristan saw the writing on the wall and thats why he took a job and got out of there.

Ski lift fight!  (Feel free to skip through the dialogue between Sean's henchmen, and between Holly and her friend).  Robert and Sean actually look like they're hurting each other.

Sean starts chasing Robert at 5:42 on this clip:

And then:

This is the clip (skip to 1:34 on the timer) where Sean cries because he thinks he killed Robert.  Frisco has some good dialogue where he shames Sean for what he's done.  Anna has a nice mini-flashback of her and Robert. 

Thanks for this. I remember Robert falling,and Seans reaction..I have always been a robert fan but I also always loved Sean.  LOved the actor when he played Dan Stewart on AS The World Turns.This show was nothing then like it is now. Then it was entertainment.I don't think I would have used a FF button if I had had one. Watching these, and The Asian story that came after it you know why so many people are sick to death of the show now. We remember when the show was watchable. Sure they had slow times but these clips show you this was General Hospital.  I spent the afternoon watching clips on YT.LOL

• Love 1

Alan Young (or Wilburrr, if you prefer). He played an important part of my childhood as the voice of Scrooge McDuck on Ducktales. :)

There was a YouTube video made for Robert set to (drumroll please!) Down Under by Men at Work (Master of the Obvious, I know) that I wanted to see again and post here. But it appears to be gone. :( 

I kind of wanted to post some of the stuff when R&A were presumed dead in 1992, but who needs the sad stuff, right? ;)

Their memorial was phenomenal, though. So many people there for them! 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I thought it might be a good idea to start this, especially after yesterday's episode.

If I didn't know any better I'd say Ron is getting back at fans who were upset with how he handled Robin's return, but I do know better so I will say that is exactly what I think he is doing. He wants to manipulate things to make Patrick appear to be the deserted spouse who falls into the arms of a close friend to soothe his aching heart and loins, as if.

After all that Patrick has put Robin through, all she's forgiven of him, and it wasn't as if he just forgot to pick up milk on the way home a few times, is it so terrible for him to actually wait? Robin believes in what she is doing, Patrick may not agree, he may hate it, but he also can't argue that there are people who, if they knew her real work, what she was really doing while away from her little girl, would be thanking her daily, hourly enough.

She isn't trying to ruin her own life, though she knows she is putting stress and a strain on her family, but she is trying to help restore life to others, literally to Jason and to his loved ones, and that is certainly a better cause to risk a marriage over than the shit Patrick has done in the past doing the same and still expected to be forgiven over and loved all the same.

• Love 2

Wordy McWordy, WORD, @CPP83 !

And I can't believe I'm going to type this, but Robin was better with Jason than she has been with Patrick.  Other than Cottage Hell, Robin and Jason were good together and whatever problems they had, they talked it or, and well, Jason would just ignore her suggestions (Telling AJ about Michael), or not. He did leave the mob for her.

With Patrick? There was the whole Leyla thing...the suing her uterus...Lisa the Psycho...and before that the jealousy over her being COS, and her relationship with Stone...and now fucking THIS.

It boggles the mind that unless there is a gun pointed at Robin's head, where witnesses can see it, of COURSE Robin is the worst mother EVAH and the WORST wife. How dare she leave them. Such nerve...such...AUDACITY.

I have it. Robin is now the Rorschach.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

The real Rorschach would be Robin in conflict with Liz.  

And, yeah, one does not need a gun pointed at their head or shackles on their person to be held against their will, yes, even where others can come and go.  When you are certain that your refusal to cooperate will result in the death of your loved ones, you're being held against your will, and you really have no choice in the matter.  

• Love 5
Shouldn't this thread be "Three Hots and a Cot is all she needs"?

That's a good one, I was just trying to think of a title that was a little more subtle than out rightly saying  "Fuck you Ron for trying to ruin Robin", it does have a nice ring to it though...

• Love 3

And I can't believe I'm going to type this, but Robin was better with Jason than she has been with Patrick.  Other than Cottage Hell, Robin and Jason were good together and whatever problems they had, they talked it or, and well, Jason would just ignore her suggestions (Telling AJ about Michael), or not. He did leave the mob for her.

From the beginning, I haven't felt or thought that Patrick was the Love of Robin's life.

I know part of the issue was I was young but man, I still love me some JnR I. Watching those scenes now makes me smile. I've always wanted MS to come back & play a Stone doppelganger. He we would whisk Robin away & they would live HEA in Paris have lots & lots of sex. Emma would live with them & they would have a little boy,

Why yes, it is pleasant here in my head.

Fuck you Ron for trying to ruin Robin"

I swear he really is trying.  I smile when I think about his petty feeling get hurt each time he tries though.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

That's a good one, I was just trying to think of a title that was a little more subtle than out rightly saying  "Fuck you Ron for trying to ruin Robin", it does have a nice ring to it though...

@CPP83 you can report your first post and ask a mod to change the title. That's what I do when I don't like the titles I've created or have left something out.

Maybe I'm just not cynical enough, but eventually I think the subtitle should be changed to something to reflect her time on the show, like "Port Charles' Sweetheart" (YMMV if even her other fans besides me would agree if this fits, though), or "Will of Steel" to reflect her strength through the years, or "From Darling Child to Doctor."

Again, I realize I'm probably being too positive, but eventually it may be more appropriate. 

• Love 1
I always think of Robin as the Wee One...Girl with No Future...to Accomplished Doctor...

Then I'm a sap because I love it. She is definitely more than the 3 hots & a cot, Ron is trying to make her into.

GHScorpiosRule, I posted the pic of MS in the media thread.

• Love 1

I'll send a pm to a mod to rename the thread to whatever people want, I'm not picky about it. I'm a sarcastic person myself which is why I put what I did but I just wanted a place to discuss Robin solely. I was actually surprised there wasn't one up already to be honest.

Edited: Okay, the title has been changed, if another title though earns more favour then it can be changed again.

Edited by CPP83

And, yeah, one does not need a gun pointed at their head or shackles on their person to be held against their will, yes, even where others can come and go.  When you are certain that your refusal to cooperate will result in the death of your loved ones, you're being held against your will, and you really have no choice in the matter.  

I was thinking today that an interesting direction for the storyline would be that Robin was demonstrating Stockholm Syndrome. Heaven knows, being held (with 3 hots and a cot), escaping, and then being whisked away again to do another villain's bidding could play havoc with someone's head.  But since it would be interesting, I'm sure it won't be onscreen. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 1
I was thinking today that an interesting direction for the storyline would be that Robin was demonstrating Stockholm Syndrome

Well Patrick did bring up PSTD with Robin again today, of course dismissing it almost immediately once he realized she was "choosing" to stay away. Ron would probably make a huge joke out of anything that would seem plausible about Robin's story, he needs us to not "like" her anymore for his grand scheme to work.