Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Kick Like a Girl

ohjoy

Hoping to improve the football team's chances at winning the title, Mellor and Glascott recruit star soccer player Felicia to kick field goals; CB chaperones an overnight ski trip and hopes to get in some quality time with Lainey.

Original air date: October 6, 2019

No movie or TV show theme this week.  HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  More of that please.

They just said that in the '90s, women played sports.  Mellor did make a reference to Gus the field goal kicking mule, but that movie was from the 70s.

It's kind of odd how Lainey is narrating the story of how CB has a crush on her, but she is oblivious.  It was funny how CB said that Barry is a doctor "somehow" lol.  I never could figure out how the Barry we see on the Goldbergs could be a doctor, because he acts brainless 99% of the time.

• Love 2

I liked this episode much more that the others this season, especially when they showed the real-life couple at the end of the episode.  I thought that was sweet.

I liked Coop and CB's conversations too.  None of the new teacher, which was great, because she's kind of annoying. 

Let's hope they let the character of CB develop a little more, cause nobody does angsty love like Brett Dier. 

• Love 4

The ending (with the couple) was adorable! As for sudden CB/Lainey angst, that came out of nowhere, and they recycled the finale. Who loses to Barry??? Barry/Lainey are those annoying high school sweethearts who think they're superior to all couples because they started dating at 16.

I agree with @cardigirl that Brett Dier does pining really, really well.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The Barry shit annoys me so fucking much because it’s holding back two different shows on a relationship that lost any chemistry it had several seasons ago.

And he literally only pops up to physically block CB from making a move. Although, given that we know Barry marries that rando introduced in the field day ep of The Goldbergs, why even bother dragging out a couple that we know isn't endgame?

• Love 4

I dont really get why they still have Barry and Lainey back together. I mean, they never really seemed like they were soulmates, more like high school boyfriend/girlfriends who had a great time in high school and probably have fond memories of each other, but move on. 

I did like the episode, I liked Lainey continuing to learn to be a good teacher and not the "cool" teacher. And Coop and CB are fun together, I would love to have more Coop he cracks me up. CB pining after Lainey is kind of sad, knowing that the show really wants Barry/Lainey to still be a thing, especially because Brett Dier does sad so well!

• Love 2

I hate to be THAT person, but Mikes hard lemonade wasn’t out until 1999...so I guess 1990-something could be 1999? It did take me out of the episode because I had to google it 😀And I agree the ending couple was sweet.

6 minutes ago, tjsmom said:

I hate to be THAT person, but Mikes hard lemonade wasn’t out until 1999...so I guess 1990-something could be 1999? It did take me out of the episode because I had to google it 😀And I agree the ending couple was sweet.

Yup!  It should have been Zima!

• Love 2