Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
lottiedottie

Pleasant Surprises: Movies That Exceeded (Low) Expectations

Recommended Posts

Finally got to see Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  Never wanted to see it and only watched due to my remote resting halfway across the room and being too lazy to get it.

Pleasantly surprised, although Sean Penn's Jeff Spicoli was annoying af!  Obsessed with Oingo Boingo's Goodbye, Goodbye song, haven't been able to go a day without listening to it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

51 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Obsessed with Oingo Boingo's Goodbye, Goodbye song, haven't been able to go a day without listening to it.

I love that song :D. So much fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Finally got to see Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  Never wanted to see it and only watched due to my remote resting halfway across the room and being too lazy to get it.

Pleasantly surprised, although Sean Penn's Jeff Spicoli was annoying af!  Obsessed with Oingo Boingo's Goodbye, Goodbye song, haven't been able to go a day without listening to it.

It didn't occur to me when I first watched it as a teenager, but watching as an adult, I'm really impressed that Cameron Crowe didn't run with Brad getting so angry at whoever got Stacy pregnant that he was determined to find out who it was and beat the shit out of him.  He asked Stacy, she declined to answer and he let it go.  He was there for her and didn't make it awkward. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

It didn't occur to me when I first watched it as a teenager, but watching as an adult, I'm really impressed that Cameron Crowe didn't run with Brad getting so angry at whoever got Stacy pregnant that he was determined to find out who it was and beat the shit out of him.  He asked Stacy, she declined to answer and he let it go.  He was there for her and didn't make it awkward. 

That scene between them outside the clinic is my favorite of the film.  I love that, once he realizes where she's really going, he just waits for her outside.  Assures her of course he's not going to tell their parents, readily accepts she doesn't want to disclose who knocked her up, asks her if she's okay, and takes her to get some food - that's it.  It's a lovely moment between the siblings, because it shows the care and connection without veering astray into a closeness or sentimentality they don't actually have.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I know some folks roll their eyes at anything Tyler Perry, but....

I really liked Alex Cross and it sucks that it wasn't considered a box office hit.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watched Happy Death Day 2U and it was just as much as a pleasant surprise as the first one. I had been expecting it to be not as good as the original, but even though it was more of a sci-fi comedy than a horror comedy (like the first one was) it was still pretty good. I laughed my ass off when Tree jumped out of the plane just so that she’s go splat in front of Carter and Danielle.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size