Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E04: Plan Z

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Why do the hidden immunity idols look even more janky than the fake ones people have made? 

"Isn't this the most beautiful thing ever?" No, no it does not. 

I guess maybe they voted out Chelsea instead of Dean because how can you vote out someone who is invisible and barely exists? Now I finally know who Dean is, I guess. I feel like I've never seen him before. 

When the others went on the boat and Jason said he was going for a walk and then Jamal decided to look for the HII, we're going to assume Jason was looking for it as well right? And they just didn't go with that edit and his side of things since Jamal was the one who actually found it.

Elizabeth should have just told Dean to turn left 3 times since he doesn't know what going to his right means.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

So two in a row being voted out while holding onto an idol, I hope this isn't the trend for this season. I didn't see the Chelsea blindside coming, so, good job. I also hope they don't plan on keeping Karishma to the end, because I am sick of her weeping "I don't want to leave!". Does she do anything else?

• Love 3

I understand needing to break up a couple, but I think they made a mistake by not getting rid of Karishma first.  They could have gone for Dean or Chelsea next vote, or better yet, the two get separated at swap and someone else does the dirty work.  It's a balance between keeping the tribe strong and getting out threats, but you can't go too heavily one way or the other and I feel like they've hardly considered keeping the tribe strong.  Plus someone mentioned that Karishma won't have loyalty, and I agree with that as well.  Dean may not be performing, but he can't have been worse than Karishma.  Sometimes plan A really is the better plan, it just doesn't have that excitement factor everybody wants nowadays. 

• Love 18

All that angsting to get on the show, many many years late finally gets on the show and then blows it for some beaver-cut doofus, and goes home with an idol in her pocket! And was voted out instead of Karishma - my god, what a litany of shame. Dumb vote by her tribe, but fun to watch. Until I got overexcited as the votes were read out and tipped a glass of water over onto my remotes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Gotta hand it to the editors.  I didn’t see this coming.  I really thought it was going to be Missy, especially with some of the talk at TC (like Elizabeth’s 'last plan to be discussed').  Did not expect it to be Chelsea.

The editors virtually always show us the potential names for elimination upfront, Missy  wasn't mentioned at all.

Rob's comment at the end of the test that she was perceptive or was her perception an illusion sounded right out of Jeff Probst's scripted 'wisdom' for the end of tribal councils.  A kind of fake wisdom.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2

I'm on the fence about the Sandra/Elaine thing - Sandra sounded like she was making a serious observation at tribal but she's a seasoned player, there's no way she doesn't know that people pretend to know or not know the plans all the time.  A good player doesn't spill everything at tribal; more than one vote has been sunk by a tribe member doing just that which starts all the whispering and last minute vote switching.  I think maybe Sandra was going for sarcasm or a  sideways comment on how Elaine plays dumb and it just didn't come out right.

Question about Survivor rules - Once Chelsea was voted out and got the "bring me your torch" was she allowed to pull the idol out of her bag and give it to Dean?  They always get to make a few comments to the tribe before the torch snuff but how much can they interact?

I missed the majority of the episode - everything from just after Rob's comment that Noura is the last person who should be a blindfold challenge caller to the losing teams arrival at tribal.  I could go back and watch on demand but my only real question is how in the world did big mouth Noura manage to keep quiet about what really goes on at idol island.  

I do laugh at Sandra and Rob sitting each person down at their "camp" and doing things like sharing food.  I just picture the most recent person leaving on the boat after getting all the Rob/Sandra wisdom they can then those two turn to each other and say "So, steak or lobster?  Where's our ride back to the hotel, tell Jeff we'll meet him for dinner as soon as we change clothes".   I know they're not really even trying to pretend those two are camping out on the beach and eating half portions of rice like the competitors but I still find it a little funny.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Could Missy be a little nicer to Karishma if she’s going to drag her to the end? Why is she openly hating on her at Tribal Council? If she wants to keep her in her pocket shouldn’t she be friendlier?

Did she say she wanted to drag her to the end?  Her plan seems to be to keep her as the next easy option, so she's just keeping that target on her.

9 hours ago, vb68 said:

Chelsea found her idol on her own. That one had nothing to do with Rob and Sandra. I doubt they even knew she had an idol.

I completely forgot about that idol.  I don't remember it being mentioned leading up to tribal, which for those who did remember it may have made them think she was safe.  I didn't remember so I expected her to go.

Concerning Noura, apart her competence at the challenge I think it was a sensible and maybe obvious move sitting her out for other reasons too.  Obviously she wanted to be a caller for a reason, to get some kind of reward.  Maybe just to get an idol, or for all they knew to throw the challenge to get a reward for herself.  Her alibi was very weak and only created more suspicion.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Rob's comment at the end of the test that she was perceptive or was her perception an illusion sounded right out of Jeff Probst's scripted 'wisdom' for the end of tribal councils.  A kind of fake wisdom.

It was even worse, I think it was something sort of like, "Noura is very perceptive, but she can't really perceive correctly."  Making the first part of the sentence just wrong.  I also think Sandra was dead serious when she said about Elaine, "This one never knows anything."  If she meant to be sarcastic she should have started the sentence with, "Oh sure," or rolled her eyes at least. 

I know they must both be great at the game and good at reading people after they've spent more time with them, but this whole mentor thing is not working for me.  They didn't have time to teach Noura not to be Noura and the color commentary from their hidey-hole just makes them look sort of snotty. 

The challenges have always lasted longer than they should and now we have to waste time with  Rob and Sandra. Where is the show?  Where is the talk between the people who just got back from Island of Idols and the ones who have already been?  Where is the footage of  Chelsea being lazy and Dean getting all that wood so we understand the vote?

I knew Chelsea was going home after that early interview of her saying she didn't have to worry because she had an idol.  That made it satisfying when she got blindsided, but I would prefer seeing people who complain that others aren't playing the game get blindsided.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

It was even worse, I think it was something sort of like, "Noura is very perceptive, but she can't really perceive correctly."  Making the first part of the sentence just wrong.   

You’re right, what Rob said made no sense because the second half negated the first. “Noura is perceptive, but is her perception reality?” If her perception isn’t reality, then she isn’t perceptive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, eskimo said:

I understand needing to break up a couple, but I think they made a mistake by not getting rid of Karishma first.  They could have gone for Dean or Chelsea next vote, or better yet, the two get separated at swap and someone else does the dirty work.  It's a balance between keeping the tribe strong and getting out threats, but you can't go too heavily one way or the other and I feel like they've hardly considered keeping the tribe strong.  Plus someone mentioned that Karishma won't have loyalty, and I agree with that as well.  Dean may not be performing, but he can't have been worse than Karishma.  Sometimes plan A really is the better plan, it just doesn't have that excitement factor everybody wants nowadays. 

I don't think they should be worrying much at all about threats, at this point.  Try to get to the swap and the merge with as many tribe members and the most loyal and reliable ones as possible.

That is why I think people who whine about "Nobody wants to play the game." and "Kumbaya" Survivor are morons.

If you can manage it, pre merge Kumbaya Survivor is a great thing.  Going into the swap and merge with a united tribe is a huge advantage.

People like that are like marathon runners who sprint for the first couple of miles and yell, "Why doesn't anyone else want to run this race?"

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Sad to see Chelsea go, but she had an idol , and the way they were talking at TC, playing her idol should have been a given. I'm guessing her idol will be reburied because that wasn't a Rob and Sandra idol. 

I'm enjoying seeing Elizabeth play. She seems to have sense of the game. Hopefully they keep showing her. 

Would have loved to see how Vokai would have done at the challenge if Noura was the caller. Probably would have lost, but it was a good call to make her sit out because they won in the end. Noura is lucky that she was made to sit out seeing as how she would have been gone if they lost and she lost her vote.

I agree about Elizabeth.  She is playing a solid, calm quiet game and has a dual alliance, with the ladies and with Tom, along with Elaine.  

Vokai with Noura as caller would have been comedy gold, (with some tragedy mixed in, because she definitely would have gotten multiple tribe mates injured.  The woman is a jabbering idiot.  There is a 0% chance they would have even made it to the puzzle.  They might not have even retrieved a single key. 

Sitting her out was brilliant.  I doubt she and whomever she was latched to would have found their key.  She is incapable of giving or following instructions.  

The practice they did in camp was hilarious.  She counted off the steps for one blindfolded person, instead of letting him count.  The she did the "come to my voice" thing.  When she was told that they would be most walking away from her she said, "OK, I'll get behind you." and ran to get behind them.  I assume her next words were "Walk away from my voice!"  

Moron!  Just tell them which direction to turn and how far to walk.  It really isn't that complex.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dud of an ep imo. I hated almost everyone.

Noura telling the tribe about IOI was fantastic though. I hope she lasts forever because she is comedy gold for me.

I hate, dislike or am annoyed with most of these clowns. but in a fun way.  It is almost like there are 10 Angelinas out there.   I never liked Angelina and wanted her voted out, but I enjoyed watching her flounder and make a fool of herself immensely.  She was like a cartoon villain, like the Coyote in Roadrunner.  

I think Karishma, Noura, Dean, Chelsea, Ronnie and Vince, (RIP), Missy, Jamal, and Jamal are/were all hapless, Wile E. Coyote types, who think they are smart, but are idiots.  Lauren and Dan might also fit the profile.  I can't tell if either of them is actually smart or not, yet.  

I think we are going to continue to see a lot bad, unpredictable play, and I find that kind of refreshing because I have no idea what is going to happen at TC.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Did she say she wanted to drag her to the end?  Her plan seems to be to keep her as the next easy option, so she's just keeping that target on her.

I completely forgot about that idol.  I don't remember it being mentioned leading up to tribal, which for those who did remember it may have made them think she was safe.  I didn't remember so I expected her to go.

Concerning Noura, apart her competence at the challenge I think it was a sensible and maybe obvious move sitting her out for other reasons too.  Obviously she wanted to be a caller for a reason, to get some kind of reward.  Maybe just to get an idol, or for all they knew to throw the challenge to get a reward for herself.  Her alibi was very weak and only created more suspicion.

Regardless of how long Missy plans to use Karishma, it seems foolish for her to be so rude with her at TC.  Karsihma is clearly very sensitive and prone to turn on people.  Why risk alienating her?   

The only possible good reason might be that Missy did that as a decoy, and Karishma was in on it,  to make Chelsea feel comfortable and not use an idol, if she had one.  If that was what happened, it was brilliant.  But, these players  seem more like Candyland than multi-level chess.   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Elaine knows what is going on, but is doing a great job of acting a bit confused and clueless, to keep the target off her back.

I wonder if her acting extends to intentionally speaking like a rube?  She asked another player something like "Where did you say you was from?"

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sepalma23 said:

I thought this was a stupid move on Lairo’s part. Karishma will jump to new people as soon as she gets the chance, which will come soon. I thought that Chelsea, Elaine, Missy and Elizabeth could have run the whole damn thing if they had just stuck together!!  

I think the problem with that plan is that Missy is so arrogant and wants to be in total control, and have people work FOR her, rather than with her.

She reminds me of Don CARLeone from DvG, only 10 times worse.  Carl got just a bit too confident and full of himself and got himself blindsided.  Missy seems to be deluding herself into thinking she is in charge and is making it obvious.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Regardless of how long Missy plans to use Karishma, it seems foolish for her to be so rude with her at TC.  Karsihma is clearly very sensitive and prone to turn on people.  Why risk alienating her?   

The only possible good reason might be that Missy did that as a decoy, and Karishma was in on it,  to make Chelsea feel comfortable and not use an idol, if she had one.  If that was what happened, it was brilliant.  But, these players don't seem more like Candyland than multi-level chess.   

Karishma looked too upset and hurt to be acting. Missy is just taking a no prisoners approach. A lot of guys have done it and it’s just being done by a woman this time. That said, I still think she could pull back a bit on the hate. I’ll be interested to see if they end up together next week and how that plays out. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Karishma looked too upset and hurt to be acting. Missy is just taking a no prisoners approach. A lot of guys have done it and it’s just being done by a woman thus time. That said, I still think she could pull back a bit on the hate. I’m interested to see if they end up together next week and how that plays out. 

Have any guys successfully played a take no prisoners approach, that included humiliating their allies at TC?

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The only possible good reason might be that Missy did that as a decoy, and Karishma was in on it,  to make Chelsea feel comfortable and not use an idol, if she had one.  If that was what happened, it was brilliant.  But, these players don't seem more like Candyland than multi-level chess.   

I don't think Missy wants the others to understand that she wants to keep Karishma. And it's easy for Missy to explain away to Karishma that they need to keep their "alliance" underwraps.

I love Missy so far. She is entertaining to watch and I'm ok with her being willing to flip and move with other people's wishes as long as she gets what she really wants in the end. I don't think she cared who went home as long as it wasn't Karishma, Jason or Jamal. So if someone wanted to through another name out there, she'll agree. Makes her appear to not be driving and managing the tribe. 

Chelsea was starting to irritate me for some reason so I was ok with her going and loved the blindside.

The Noura thing was hilarious. I loved it when they voted to sit her down. But does this mean she loses her vote in the next tribal council?

• Love 6

Noura is a good example of people who continually refer to themselves as quirky and "honest" in order to justify their actions and words but whom others see as annoying and unstable... It was a golden moment when her tribe stated that they were sitting her out of the challenge and she had no idea what to say or do other than go along with it.  She went from self-congratulatory on her brilliance to being gobsmacked and alienated.  

I love that Boston Rob and Sandra are providing commentary and visible facial reactions to everything going on.  I would support them being on every season-not on IOI, but being the commentators during TC.  

I think people will realize that they should have gotten rid of Karishma while it was still possible as I have no doubt that she will become an extra vote for the other tribe during a swap or merge.  She is ready to go and I think Chelsea would have remained more loyal.  I think an error many players make is thinking too far ahead.  Missy may have thought that at final tribal council Karishma would vote for her, but it's a long ways to that point.  I wish Survivor would have more seasons without swaps or merges, but I'm sure they're afraid one tribe would go on a losing streak and virtually disappear before our eyes.  Therefore, they should always expect that their tribes may be mixed up and who do you want to stay in the game, an "easy" vote or someone loyal?

I bet the producers were getting worried while filming this as it seems numerous people are leaving with idols in their pockets.  As Chelsea did not play hers, it won't be rehidden.  Maybe we'll end up with a season that plays out as if there weren't any idols.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Have any guys successfully played a take no prisoners approach, that including humiliating their allies at TC?

No, and this season is making me see more and more how much Survivor has rewarded ruthless behavior from women.  That little clip of  Parvati saying she was going to lie and flirt her way into getting what she wanted and giggling about it, then setting up that poor kid for humiliation and all the women laughing at him -- ugh! It might work, but it gives me the Mike Boogie creeps.

Then we have the obvious contrast of Rob and Sandra.  Rob was repeatedly kind to people.  I remember how understanding Rob was to Sue Hawk after she felt disrespected by naked Richard Hatch (and Probst).  Rob was also very gentle with a few people whose  mental illness was starting to surface. 

Sandra, on the other hand, always played the game like she had no heart and people admire her for it. I doubt if she would be as well liked if she were a man.

• Love 10

Going into the immunity challenge, I was thinking, I don't care who loses, because either way there is a no-brainer boot of the most irritating person by far on each tribe, Noura and Karishma.  Ugh.

8 hours ago, eskimo said:

I fully agree, they should have gotten rid of Karishma.  She's extremely useless, irritating and passive aggressive.  "Nobody likes me WAH WAH WAH."  Plus she's dangerous because nobody wants to ally with her so she is just going to be the ping pong ball that bounces around getting used for her vote.  She will be well aware that she is being used but she won't care because she has such low self-esteem that she will just be happy that people are talking to her.  This woman is a personal injury attorney?  Hmmm... the typical PI lawyer is an aggressive, confident type A++ type.  Doesn't seem like her at all.

I'm annoyed that she could be lasting a while in this game precisely because everyone knows she's just a vote who is willing to be used.

I don't really care about Chelsea or Dean at all other than it deprived us of being rid of Karishma.  Not sure why the rest viewed Chelsea as such a threat.  Or why they complained about Dean having muscles but not doing well in challenges.  Because he has young and has muscle, they seem to be expecting him to be Superman and dominate everyone.  Which doesn't seem fair, are the same expectations being asked of Aaron?  Surely some of Dean's muscle is being used to contribute, much more so than say Elaine or Karishma is contributing.

Noura is truly annoying.  I loved when Jeff asked who was sitting out and immediately Lauren said "Noura".  Noura was all "jiggawha?  ME?  Ok."  

My question is, she needed to be the caller in exchange for getting to block someone's vote at the "next tribal council".  Otherwise she loses her vote.  What is the definition of "next tribal council"?  Was it the very next one, as in, the one after the immunity challenge?  Or was it the next one that she participates in?  

Noura is completely delusional about how she comes across.  Her lie was terrible.  She should have said that there was someone from production on the island that practiced the course with her and she spent hours as caller.  Instead she's saying "well they said I could tell you what the challenge was if you agreed that I would pick my role.  You agreed, so it's done.  I get to pick my role, and I picked, so it's done.  No take backs."  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

That moment was perfect and almost lets me forgive the editors for failing again to show any interaction between the two people on a tribe that have gone to IOI. Seriously- you show Kellee talking about wanting to build a bond with whoever it is and Noura goes, and we know this woman's filter is faulty at best.... and they show us nothing!?

Kellie was shown saying she was glad Noura's lie was what it was. Noura got into it so much that she basically forgot someone else went to IOI and didn't talk about it with Kellie. 

4 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I do laugh at Sandra and Rob sitting each person down at their "camp" and doing things like sharing food.  I just picture the most recent person leaving on the boat after getting all the Rob/Sandra wisdom they can then those two turn to each other and say "So, steak or lobster?  Where's our ride back to the hotel, tell Jeff we'll meet him for dinner as soon as we change clothes".   I know they're not really even trying to pretend those two are camping out on the beach and eating half portions of rice like the competitors but I still find it a little funny.

I can't find the source right now, but I seem to remember reading that Rob and Sandra do actually live in a shelter on the island, a shelter that they built. I'm sure they are fed quite well, however.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bouffe said:

I can't find the source right now, but I seem to remember reading that Rob and Sandra do actually live in a shelter on the island, a shelter that they built. I'm sure they are fed quite well, however.

I remember reading that in these threads too but I don't believe it at all.  I'm sure their "shelter" is a production provided hotel and they sleep and eat there.  There might very well be a shelter on that island of the idols where they pretend to be living so that they can take the contestants back to "their" camp and give the appearance of being these veterans who are living just like them and dole out sage advice.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

N

I bet the producers were getting worried while filming this as it seems numerous people are leaving with idols in their pockets.  As Chelsea did not play hers, it won't be rehidden.  Maybe we'll end up with a season that plays out as if there weren't any idols.

That would be so fun given this is Island of the Idol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, phlebas said:

I am FILLED WITH SADNESS.... that we didn’t get to see Noura be the caller. 

They would have all been so tied up in their ropes, Dr Joe would have needed the Jaws of Life to save any of them.

Yes! I consider myself to be a reasonably mature and empathetic person UNTIL Survivor shows my absolutely favourite type of challenge : everyone blindfolded and stumbling into things. Then I laugh till I cry and yell things like "Fall down some more!"

The highlight of this particular challenge was someone accidentally slapping Missy in the face, but it could have been anyone who got slapped, I would have laughed and replayed it just as much. The other highlight was Elizabeth dragging her team to the puzzle, apparently forgetting THEY WERE BLINDFOLDED! So hilarious.

Survivor's blindfold challenges are my guilty pleasure. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

On the Know It All podcast Cesterino confirmed that Rob and Sandra are living on the beach. 

Rob didn't like the shelter they gave them so he rebuilt it. They have much better food than the contestants though. 

Sandra was pretty good at the "I don't know what's going on" part of the game herself. She has Elaine pegged. And Rob has a degree in Psychology.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Yes! I consider myself to be a reasonably mature and empathetic person UNTIL Survivor shows my absolutely favourite type of challenge : everyone blindfolded and stumbling into things. Then I laugh till I cry and yell things like "Fall down some more!"

The highlight of this particular challenge was someone accidentally slapping Missy in the face, but it could have been anyone who got slapped, I would have laughed and replayed it just as much. The other highlight was Elizabeth dragging her team to the puzzle, apparently forgetting THEY WERE BLINDFOLDED! So hilarious.

I just had a great idea for Season 41.  "Survivor: Blind as a Bat".

The castaways would be blindfolded for the entire season.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I loved that too.  I too rewound the Missy slap more times than I should have.  I know I should have more sympathy but I completely break down and cackle like a 12 year old when a guy takes it in the nuts.  I  thought Tommy got a hand in the crotch from someone, or was that just a wooden pole?  Jeff always seems to sadistically enjoy it as well.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

About Rob's Noura comments: I don't really think he was inconsistent. I think he was making a joke about how "perception is not reality." Noura's brain is constantly responding to shiny objects; she's just terrible at piecing complex data together correctly.

About Karishma being a personal injury lawyer... are we sure she's not just a lawyer who gets injured a lot? Or perhaps a lawyer who perceives every setback she encounters as a personal injury?

About Karishma being kept around as an extra vote: They need to either cater to her emotional needs constantly, make sure she's a finalist, or get rid of her before jury. Because that girl is gonna hold some grudges against everybody that she spent time with.

If I were in that game, I think my dream date to the finale would be Noura. Kind of hard for a juror to stay mad at me when we're both falling over laughing at everything Noura says.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I loved that too.  I too rewound the Missy slap more times than I should have.  I know I should have more sympathy but I completely break down and cackle like a 12 year old when a guy takes it in the nuts.  I  thought Tommy got a hand in the crotch from someone, or was that just a wooden pole?  Jeff always seems to sadistically enjoy it as well.

Someone needs to make that Missy slap into a GIF.  

His sadistic enjoyment of the blindfolded challenges might be Jeff's one redeeming quality. :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

About Rob's Noura comments: I don't really think he was inconsistent. I think he was making a joke about how "perception is not reality." Noura's brain is constantly responding to shiny objects; she's just terrible at piecing complex data together correctly.

I honestly thought that Rob was just looking for a nice way to basically say "this lady thinks she knows what's going on but man she's completely batshit, isn't she?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

You're a genius! It would be my dream season! 

(Reading my own comments, and in my defense, I need to add that I do not ever laugh at actual blind or vision-impaired people. I just want to make that perfectly clear. 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm in, but would CBS air a whole season of people just getting hit in the nuts over and over? 

That's one way to make sure a woman wins...

26 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Yes. Season 8 All Stars. They were on their original tribe with Amber Tom, Alicia and Rob C.

You misspelled Ambuh. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

All the Boston Rob haters can keep on hating, but they’d have to admit; the guy can see through & read people as if he were looking at their xrays.

I have to say that Boston Rob has grown on me over the years.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I have to say that Boston Rob has grown on me over the years.  

I agree. I watched him on his first season of Survivor but not any of the returning ones and I don't have a clear memory of him on that one. I really didn't like him on Amazing Race. But like all of us, he's matured over the years. I find his and Sandra's insights funny.

• Love 5

So far the IOI twist is is big flop. And once again a player returns from IOI to a tribe where another player has been there, and we have no acknowledgment of it whatsoever. Did Noura and Kellee just continue to play dumb? Did they confer? Why doesn't the show want to address it?

My guess: Everyone already knows Rob and Sandra are at IOI and the show wants us to think it's still a big secret to all the players except the four that have been there so far.

Bullshit.

Elizabeth and Noura failed their challenges, and Vince went home with an idol in his pocket. So far only Kellee has gotten anything out of this and it remains to be seen what good it will do her, if any.

Meanwhile your enjoyment of Rob and Sandra commenting on Tribal from the peanut gallery depends wholly on whether you like Rob and Sandra. Personally I'm sick to death of both of them and especially Rob. At any rate they've yet to add anything significant to the game thus far.

That said I do like this cast more than any in a long time.

Chelsea wasn't a blindside to me. I knew as soon as Missy brought up her name it would be her, otherwise there was no point in them showing it. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Michichick said:

You’re right, what Rob said made no sense because the second half negated the first. “Noura is perceptive, but is her perception reality?” If her perception isn’t reality, then she isn’t perceptive.

Have to disagree a bit - Noura may be excellent at perceiving or detecting data, and still be absolute shit at processing it into meaningful information.  Kinda like seeing rain clouds at the top of a nearby mountain, but not extending that observation to realize that means the dry wash she’s standing in now could have a 10’ high wall of water rushing down it within the next ten minutes or so.

4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Karishma, Noura, Dean, Chelsea, Ronnie and Vince, (RIP), Missy, Jamal, and Jamal are/were all hapless, Wile E. Coyote types

Does that make Jamal doubly Wiley?  😄

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Someone needs to make that Missy slap into a GIF.  

https://youtu.be/VBcT2rcYlWA

His sadistic enjoyment of the blindfolded challenges might be Jeff's one redeeming quality. 🙂

Had to be something.

Edited by Nashville
Information, not more data.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sandra was definitely throwing shade at Elaine. “This one doesn’t know anything.” Her tone and expression were completely dismissive. 
Yikes, Noura. Crazy isn’t a good strategy. It was funny that she wanted to negotiate with the tribe yet they got the info out of her and yet refused to let her be caller anyway. Great skills, Noura. 
Was that Jason or Aaron who did the calling?  (Still sorting out names.) He did a good job calmly coaching the puzzle. 
Karishma quotes Littlefinger about chaos being a ladder. It didn’t end well for him either. (Spoiler alert.)

1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

Rob and Sue Hawk were together on a season?  

That was the season that the showed the clip of with Rob and Lex. 

• Love 2

Karishma is way too over-the-top sad sack. I thought for sure at one point in TC when people were talking she was going to say, "Excuse me - I would like to remind you that I am the target. I am on the outs." She just keeps saying that and not doing anything (that we've seen) to change that.

I loved Noura's deal. Like telling someone - "I'll tell you a secret and then you have to give me $10. The secret is - give me $10.  OK, now you know, you owe me $10." All in one breath without giving anyone a chance to say anything.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Sandra was definitely throwing shade at Elaine. “This one doesn’t know anything.” Her tone and expression were completely dismissive. 
Yikes, Noura. Crazy isn’t a good strategy. It was funny that she wanted to negotiate with the tribe yet they got the info out of her and yet refused to let her be caller anyway. Great skills, Noura. 
Was that Jason or Aaron who did the calling?  (Still sorting out names.) He did a good job calmly coaching the puzzle. 
Karishma quotes Littlefinger about chaos being a ladder. It didn’t end well for him either. (Spoiler alert.)

That was the season that the showed the clip of with Rob and Lex. 

I also thought Sandra genuinely thought Elaine was clueless (she was wrong).  

The irony is that Noura failed miserably in her lesson and test, but it ended up saving her, as she almost certainly would have blown the challenge and been voted out if she had convinced them to make her the caller.   

Meanwhile, Vince might have failed to play his idol because he took their lesson about remaining calm under pressure too far.    

Jason was calling. and did an amazing job.  Aaron is on the other tribe. 

I think Karishma plays the game more like Viserys or Theon than Littlefinger.  

• Love 3

The humor in some of these replies today is ON FIRE.  Y'all are killing me and I'm LOLing in my office which is making people wonder what's going on.  

I totally thought Sandra was misreading Elaine about not having a clue -- I didn't sense it was sarcasm.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

A couple episodes ago, Tom said he liked one of the women because she wasn’t a dress-wearing girly girl. This episode, Useless Dean said he liked Chelsea because she could hang with the guys. What’s with these men only liking women who remind them of men?  *insert 20 eye roll emojis here*

It happens a lot. I have identical twin girls in college. One is a girly girl and the other is a big tomboy (firefighter and EMT into video games and super heros and prefers guys for friends). The tomboy is hit on and asked out ALL the time and the girly girl is not.