Type keyword(s) to search

Father Ted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Come on let's get busy in here, you know you want to....go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON! :p

My personal favorite was the Christmas Episode--complete with the fake-out opening of the baby being dropped off at the wrong place, and Dougal's note about "Dear Ted, please get me lots and lots of matador stuff" in giant letters. 

• Love 1

I just watched My Lovely Horse yesterday! It's one of my favorites too. I love when Ted gets all flustered about the gay producer and rambles about Catholicism. And then I watched Tentacles of Doom. "That would be an ecumenical matter!"

Speed III and Hell are other great ones. And the one on the airplane. And the beauty contest!

All the rivalries between the priests are always great.

• Love 2

I don't know if I have a favorite episode (I love them all) but I sure have a lot of favorite moments.

Father Ted showing Bishop Brennan all the devices they've rigged up to make sure Father Jack won't go sleepwalking in the nude again.  And his proud showing off of the chains.."he won't escape from these" with the muttered "not again".

Bishop Brennan chasing down Father Ted with his cape flowing out past him like a vampire.

Father Dougal looking through binoculars out the window and saying "the ants are back".

Father Dougal's offer to play either chess or buckaroo with Father Ted...Ted gleefully picks out chess only to have Dougal say, no, I want buckaroo

Ted trying to discuss something with Dougal as Dougal VERY SERIOUSLY play some sort of fishing game

Ted and Dougal watching without comment as Father Jack crawls over to the fire to light a cigarette, lights his hair on fire, then returns back to his chair.

• Love 1

I loved one Mrs. Doyle moment when she is cleaning the window in the living room and very carefully begins to climb down from the ledge, and promptly falls forward onto the floor.

Oh, and when she has made a "few" sandwiches for guests, and the sandwich pile is enormous.  Of course, she is afraid they will run out so she rushes off to make more.

Edited by henrysmom
  • Love 2

Copied from IMDB so I would get it right. My favorite Father Dougal from Tentacles of Doom.

Bishop Facks: So, Father. Do you ever have any doubts about the religious life? Is your faith ever tested? Anything you would be worried about? Any doubts you've been having about any aspects of belief? Anything like that?
Father Dougal: Well, you know the way God made us all, right? And he's looking down at us from heaven and everything?
Bishop Facks: Uh-huh.
[nods]
Father Dougal: And then his son came down and saved everyone and all that?
Bishop Facks: Yes.
Father Dougal: And when we die we're all going to go to heaven?
Bishop Facks: Yes. What about it?
Father Dougal: Well, that's the bit I have trouble with.

• Love 1

I found this series on YouTube and almost peed myself from laughter.  Just ordered the DVDs from Amazon.  Can't wait until they arrive.

Father Jack (RIP) wandering into an AA meeting thinking it was a pub

The cave scene with them running out on the priest under rocks

The lingerie store

Yes, the entire golden cleric award

The housekeeper falling from the windows

The creepy fake/ex priest barging in on Fathers Ted & Dougal

It's an ecumenical issue

Wish I found this when it was first on!

• Love 1

Mrs Doyle's rant over the female novelist's swearing in the books to Ted always cracks me up.

"Bastard this! Bastard that! You can't move for the bastards in her novels. It's wall to wall bastards!"

"Ride me sideways was another one!"

• Love 4
On 31/08/2016 at 11:21 AM, darkestboy said:

Mrs Doyle's rant over the female novelist's swearing in the books to Ted always cracks me up.

"Bastard this! Bastard that! You can't move for the bastards in her novels. It's wall to wall bastards!"

"Ride me sideways was another one!"

OMG - This was posted on FB recently.  It kills me every time.

Father Ted is the funniest sitcom EVER.

• Love 2

Ardal O'Hanlon (Father Dougal McGuire) is the new detective in "Death in Paradise." His episodes have not yet aired here, but we hope he does well.

We suspect that Dougal's parents dropped him at the seminary as soon as he was old enough, because they feared he could not make a living otherwise. He might have done better as a monk than as a priest.

• Love 1