Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Quotes: Memorable Lines We Like To Quote Over & Over

• Start Topic

From Mistress America:

"I'm an autodidact."

"Do you know that word?"

"It's one of the words I taught myself."

BWAH!!! I've never heard of Mistress America.  I'll have to look it up.

In honor of the late, great Alan Rickman - from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Nottingham:  I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!  

Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?

Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

And of course there is this gem:

Nottingham: And call off Christmas!

As was the case with so many of Rickman's roles, the delivery was everything.

• Love 6

In honor of the late, great Alan Rickman - from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Nottingham:  I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!  

Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?

Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

And of course there is this gem:

Nottingham: And call off Christmas!

As was the case with so many of Rickman's roles, the delivery was everything.

Yours is the quote I love more but no Alan Rickman quote catalogue is complete without:

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged."

Oh Galaxy Quest, one of the best Star Trek films ever made.

• Love 3
Same with "You could've fooled me."  This is TV rather than film, but thanks to Moonlighting, I automatically want to respond, "A gnat with a lobotomy could fool you."

This is an old post, but A Fish Called Wanda was just on, and I was reminded of it by, "I've met sheep that could outwit you! I've worn dresses with higher IQs!"

• Love 2

Just watched the movie New Jack City. Never saw it before, I was too young. There were some pretty crazy lines in it. Poor Ice T, nobody could have pulled off "I wanna shoot you so bad my dick's hard".

My favourite one was from Wesley Snipes ;

"Sit your $5 ass down before I decide to make change!"

• Love 4

From The Losers (an underrated movie, I mean it's not high art but it's a fun popcorn flick):

Jensen: Did you know that cats can make one thousand different sounds and dogs can only make ten? Cats, man. Not to be trusted.

• Love 2
On 9/21/2016 at 3:27 PM, raezen said:

Just watched the movie New Jack City. Never saw it before, I was too young. There were some pretty crazy lines in it. Poor Ice T, nobody could have pulled off "I wanna shoot you so bad my dick's hard".

My favourite one was from Wesley Snipes ;

"Sit your $5 ass down before I decide to make change!"

I love New Jack City!  And I remember seeing it in the theater!   My favorite line was from Wesley after he stabs Al B Sure in the hand: "Never liked you anyway, pretty muthafucker. "

Edited by QueerGirrl
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, QueerGirrl said:

I love New Jack City!  And I remember seeing it in the theater!   My favorite line was from Wesley after he stabs Al B Sure in the hand: "Never liked you anyway, pretty muthafucker. "

Correction: That would be Christopher Williams lol. I  know his character wasn't important or anything, but Christopher was WAY finer than Al B. Sure (to me) so to see the two confused hurt my feelings lol

My favorite quote from the movie is G. Money talking Nino into getting into the crack game. "They didn't come back for the cocaine! They came back...for BASE!" I always say that line along with him, dramatic fist-clench included 

• Love 1

Despite what Mel Gibson turned into, the following is my favorite scene from Lethal Weapon 2:

South African Consular Envoy to Murtaugh: "Sir, listen to your friend here.  He knows what he's talking about. I don't think you want to go to South Africa."

Murtaugh: "Why not?"

Consular Envoy: "B-Because you're BLACK!"

Leo to Murtaugh: "You are." (Leo turns to Envoy: "He is."

Me: ??????

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

GHScorpiosRule, I can't tell you how many times over the years we've said "They fuck you in the drive through!".  In fact, we said it just a few days ago  :)

"Okay!Okay!" This, ugh, was, a running gag throughout the rest of the series? Okay? "okay!okay!" When Leo and Butters (Chris Rock) got into how the cell phone companies "fuck you over" and oh, of course, in 3, where health companies "fuck you over!" 

Pesci was a GEM.  He said he got the shtick for the "okay!okay!" from the workers at Disneyland. That's how they talked when he was there one time, asking how to get to Fantasy Kingdom, or some such.

This series is SO quotable! I need to go and find some other good stuff!

Again, watching the entire series yesterday makes me sad to see what happened with Mel Gibson. He really was funny and talented, and the chemistry between him and Danny Glover--the BEST.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

"Okay!Okay!" This, ugh, was, a running gag throughout the rest of the series? Okay? "okay!okay!"

Oh yeah, that one stuck, too.  I don't know why I didn't think of it.  I also can't hear the name Leo without thinking "Whatever you want, Leo gets".

• Love 3

Ooh! This was also funny! From the same movie.

Captain Murphy: "I don’t give a fuck, Riggs. That’s why I don’t have an ulcer, because I know when to say, 'I don’t give a fuck.' Now here’s where he’s staying. It’s a nice hotel; all the expenses are being picked up by the Justice Department, so enjoy yourselves. And Riggs, one more thing."

Riggs: [turns back as he's leaving Murphy's office] "What?"

Captain Murphy: [tosses him a small "no smoking" sign] "You know what that says?"

Riggs: "Yeah, yeah, same thing as that." [Riggs to the larger NO SMOKING SIGN on Murphy's door] "But I don’t give a fuck." [throws the small no smoking thingamajig and leaves the office angrily.]

Murtaugh: [waves the nicotine smoke away from his face] "You’re lucky. I have to live with that."

Me: off to find that pool scene dialogue!

• Love 3

Leo: "No, nothing like that. HONEST. Ok, ok. All I did, was I laundered a half a billion dollars in drug money, okay?"

Murtaugh and Riggs: "Half a billion dollars?"

Leo: "Give or take a few. Who can count with that much money? Can I PLEASE have some cotton balls for my nose??"

Riggs: "Can you please shut the fuck up?"

Leo: "You guys are supposed to take care of me."

Murtaugh and Riggs: "SHUT UP!!!"

Me: laughing hysterically.

• Love 3

So I just discovered this thread and I wanted to add a few. Recently watched Horrible Bosses

"I don't care if the wind blew it out of your twat!"

"I can't believe we're getting murder advice from a guy who's biggest crime is illegally downloading an Ethan Hawke movie!" Jason Sudeikes killed me with that one! 

From Ghostbusters: "Ray, if someone asks if you're a God, you say YES!"

There weren't too many laughs in the new Ghostbusters but Kate Mckinnon's "He was just staring to figure out the phones" regarding Chris Hemsworth's character was funny

• Love 2

From Quills:

Just when the Marquis de Sade (Geoffrey Rush), and the audience, is convinced he's verbally out-dueled the Abbe (Joaquin Phoenix):

"You're not the anti-Christ...you're nothing but a malcontent who knows how to spell!"

*mic drop*

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 2

I misquote this one from The Brave Little Toaster, but only because I think it's slightly better that way: "We're trapped! Trapped like rats! Small, hairless rats with just one leg!"

Other surprisingly useful ones: "I have no response to that" from Joe Vs the Volcano; "I have to return some videotapes" from American Psycho; "I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey" from Talladega Nights; and "Fuck you, I'm going to Guam" from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. (The first two as outs in an odd situation and the second two for faux [mostly] anger.)

Of course, any time there's something appropriately small about: "What is this, a center for ants? How can you expect the children to learn to read if they can't even fit in the building?" from Zoolander. (Other good all-purpose ones from that imminently quotable movie: "I think I've got the black lung, Pop"; "Oh, the files are in the computer".)

1 hour ago, afterbite said:

Other surprisingly useful ones: "I have no response to that" from Joe Vs the Volcano;

Thank you!  We have said that so often over the years in our house that we actually forgot where it came from.  Even a few months ago, I said it, then asked my husband "What movie did that come from?  It did come from a movie, right?"  He said the thought so, but couldn't remember which one. 

• Love 1