Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E05: Disney Night

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Maybe I'll just mute everyone after they have danced.

I watch all the dances on the DWTS Youtube channel which means I can skip Spicy every week and I don’t waste any time on the useless judges’ comments or show fluff. It took me less than 20 minutes to watch last night’s episode!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bealled said:

Is anyone else just not into this season? I feel like I'm not connecting with this cast, and I'm not a fan of the new elimination format. I would prefer if the judges are deadlocked they revert to America's vote. I just think once we get two decent dancers in the bottom, people will be unhappy with the judge's choice. Plus this format does nothing to eliminate bad dancers if they don't end up in the bottom 2.

Me too.  Watching last night only cemented it for me that this cast is not exciting and that the best dancers would in no way be the best dancers in past seasons.  The show seems to be working hard to down play the popularity of the dancers themselves.  The only refer to them by their first names now.  Spicer will never end up in the bottom 2 so unless they change the rules again, he'll make it to the final.  I can't imagine they'll let the judges actually choose the winner.  

I found Disney night to be a disappointment and more than anything just a commercial for movies they've either got coming out or going to streaming.  I know the dancers worked over night for 2 nights a Disneyland, but I didn't find the opening all that worth missing 2 nights of sleep for them.

None of the dancers seem to have chemistry with their partners.  There's no behind the scenes stories beyond Christie's arm.  Boring.

• Love 1

I wanted the judges to be involved in the voting but not like this. I wanted the bottom two scorers of that night to be sent to the bottom and then America can duke it out on who stays by whoever got the most votes.

32 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I watch all the dances on the DWTS Youtube channel which means I can skip Spicy every week and I don’t waste any time on the useless judges’ comments or show fluff. It took me less than 20 minutes to watch last night’s episode!

I watched it on my DVR.  I also only watched the dances by FF a lot.  So I also missed CAI falling.

1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

When Carrie Ann fell off her chair, the other judges should have held up paddles to rate her technique.

I'm surprised Bruno hasn't had a few falls, considering how often he is standing up and gyrating around.

They need to put a fence around their platform or something.

I still cannot fathom Gleb over Artem. Dayum.

im going to jump on the “not really feeling this season” bandwagon. The only time I voted was when Kel was in the bottom and I didn’t want him to go the next. But last night I honestly couldn’t be bothered.

Lens 7 for Hannah was ridiculous. He didn’t like the choreographer so he penalized her? He’s been a total PITA this season. 

• Love 5

I'm in the minority but I really like a lot of the dancers this season. I liked last night as well..James and Katherine(?) are the ones I look forward to the most but I do not like the elimination rules. I will still watch this 'til the end.

• Love 5

(small voice) I loved last night's show. Outside of James and Kel's dances, they used well-known, classic Disney songs, and it was fun seeing the celebrities spend time at Disneyland. I even didn't mind the constant commercials for the new Disney streaming service. I was *all in.*

Small cringe when Bruno made the innocuous comment that Sailor looked like the perfect Disney princess. She is beautiful, of course, but I couldn't help but feel bad for all the little girls who don't look like Sailor hearing this and thinking they couldn't be perfect Disney princesses.

• Love 8

but I couldn't help but feel bad for all the little girls who don't look like Sailor hearing this and thinking they couldn't be perfect Disney princesses.

Which is only ONE aspect of how horrorshow the Disney religion is.  That was one long and not-very-successful ad, so far as I'm concerned.  Disney is NOT magic -- nothing like.  Disney is a massive corporation and it blows my mind that people will consume their advertising copy, world view and many many products as if they provide a higher purpose.  Gah.  Sorry - it just revolts me every time.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Which is only ONE aspect of how horrorshow the Disney religion is.  That was one long and not-very-successful ad, so far as I'm concerned.  Disney is NOT magic -- nothing like.  Disney is a massive corporation and it blows my mind that people will consume their advertising copy, world view and many many products as if they provide a higher purpose.  Gah.  Sorry - it just revolts me every time.

I'm not anti-Disney, really (my best friend and her family are huge Disney freaks and have been to Disney World a number of times...personally I don't know how they can afford it), but I have never been to either park* and I really have no particular desire to do so. One of my college roommates even worked there for three years (she was the only female Goofy when she was there) and could have gotten me in for free but I never made it down there. But Disney Night has always been one big advertisement.

(*Well, my dad insists I've been to D-World but I say it doesn't count if I was too young to remember it.)

I liked the opening dance number. I don't like Erin's dress.

Sailor/Val-Nice dance, I just don't really care about her.

Karamo/Jenna-I appreciate his enthusiasm and this was a fun dance, but it looked out of sync in a couple of places. As far as his backstory goes, though, I've got to ask-what happened to/with his son's mom that he immediately got sole custody upon learning that he had a child, plus her other son(and what about the other son's bio-dad)?

Kate/Pasha-That was...different.  There were parts that I liked, but overall I feel like she's going the wrong direction dance-wise, and that kind of makes me sad.

I knew the rolling chairs were a bad idea.

Aw, doggies!

Sean/Lindsay-Is this the new version of the song? Don't like it.  This was his best dance so far. He seems to be loosening up and enjoying himself more.

Ally/Sasha-I don't think this song was a good choice to do a contemporary dance to, and she was jerky in her movements. I don't understand the tongue bath she got from the judges on this one, and it definitely didn't deserve 9s. 

Holy crap, the song from Frozen 2 is horrible!

Lauren/Gleb-I really wish they would use the original recordings of the songs.  I didn't care much for the dance itself, either(no Samba rolls?). I thought this one was over-scored as well.  Btw, Lauren, frippery IS a word.

Kel/Witney-Yay, finally a dance that I enjoyed tonight!  That was entertaining, I hope he sticks around for a while. I like his personality, too.

Hannah/Alan-Damn, yet another crap version of the song.  Was she supposed to look like Jasmine?  If so, major costuming fail!  The dance itself was ok, if a little rough in spots.

James/Emma-As soon as I saw him in costume earlier, I thought"ugh, not another POC Paso!" That being said, wow!  That was really good!  Plus, if Ally got all 9s for her dance, James should have at least got the same, imo.

I usaually really like Tom, but his constantly interrupting Len tonight was getting on my nerves.

The way the judges are fawning over Ally, I sincerely hope that she and James don't ever end up in the bottom two together.

My favorites tonight were James and Kel. I still like Kate as a dark horse, but we'll see what happens next week...

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

And did you notice last night that almost every single celeb got music from "my favorite Disney movie"? LOL

This was going to annoy me but for a lot of the people who said it they actually had pictures or footage of them as kids (like Lauren singing that song from The Little Mermaid) to show they they actually weren't lying about really loving that particular movie and/or character. I do wonder if it's possible the producers gave some of them music from movies they knew they already loved.

7 hours ago, vdw84 said:

There is no obvious ringers, that is why this season is just meh. People get mad with contestants who have obvious dance training but hey it helps keep u entertained. We have people that have natural rhythmn and ability like kel, ally, hannah and james but noone who is just a mindblowing dancer from previous seasons.

I don't need ringers to be entertained. No one but James is really blowing me away, but I'm still enjoying most of the dancers save for Sean. And other than Sean, I think most of the dancers are on equal footing and no one is a dumpster fire of a dancer, which is going to make eliminations potentially interesting in the next few weeks. Some of my favorite dancers of all-time like James Hinchcliffe were not ringers. I don't think having one or two ringers this season would suddenly make it so much greater

• Love 6
16 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

sure she's a "model" with a famous mom but let's face it, girl was no Kendall Jenner or Gigi Hadid. 

And Bristol Palin is no Mayor or Governor, but somehow she managed to get on the show.

• Love 2

I usually like Disney night, but I was left feeling so "meh" this time around. I think it's partly because they reused so many songs and I kept comparing the couples to previous routines that I remember and liked...like Riker/Allison's Pirates of the Caribbean Paso, Paige/Mark's Toy Story Quickstep, Candace/Mark's "Under the Sea" Samba, even Cody/Witney's "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" Samba.

I don't know why this show continues to try and include contemporary and jazz when most of the pros don't know how to properly choreograph them. What audience are they trying to attract with these pseudo-routines? Ally's "contemporary" was just a bunch of reaching and Sasha picking her up to spin her around, Kate's "jazz" was a mish-mash of partner dances with a big chunk of time-wasting in the middle, and Kel had a crowd-pleasing performance with his "jazz," but even that was predominantly hip hop.

James is doing well and he does get into character, but for some reason, I am finding him very bland. He has good fluidity, but I'd like to see more sharpness and "snap" in his dancing to make it more dynamic...it could be something about Emma's choreography that her routines for him just don't pop for me. Also, I have heard people say James is a very funny guy, but so far, the personality he has presented on the show seems rather low-key to me.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, crowceilidh said:
10 hours ago, kazza said:

but I couldn't help but feel bad for all the little girls who don't look like Sailor hearing this and thinking they couldn't be perfect Disney princesses.

Which is only ONE aspect of how horrorshow the Disney religion is.  

To clarify my point, Disney itself has quite a diverse set of Princesses (equal opportunity $!); it was Bruno's completely innocuous comment that there was A perfect princess (I.e. blonde, blue eyed) that caught my attention. 

But I do get your sentiment. It's a well-oiled engine. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

And Bristol Palin is no Mayor or Governor, but somehow she managed to get on the show.

Yes because like Sean Spicer and every other "controversial" contestant they've had, they knew it would get people talking for better or worse. And from my understanding, I'm pretty sure they wanted Sarah but settled for Bristol. Sailor is not controversial. 

And for the record, I'm not saying I completely believe Wendy Williams' theory but it doesn't sound entirely out of the realm of possibility, IMO. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Sailor is good but not great.  I think she is overwhelmed but doing the best she can.  She probably doesn't have the fan base.

Karomo is improving and you can tell he is really trying.

I LOVE Kate!  I could tell from day 1 that she really wanted to be on the show & was gonna give it her all.

First of all Sean is a terrible dancer but I'd rather have someone who is giving a real effort & enjoying the experience than someone who thinks they have it in the bag.  That said, I'm not sure how much longer I can suffer through his routines.  Touching how he dedicated the dance to his dad. God bless Lindsey.

Ally's dance was OK but I felt like there was a lot of overacting in the movements.  I was distracted by the shoes.

Poor Lauren.  That was tough to watch.  She definitely got scored higher then she should have.  I honestly thought she'd have more rhythm.

I think Kel has gotten a bad rep from the start.  He is middle of the pack IMO.  He certain was in his element this week.  AND I think Whit might be pregnant.  I know she did an interview about being "baby hungry" but her outfits aren't as revealing as they usually are & she looked a little thicker last night.

I'm over Hannah B.  Why are we still calling her Hannah B?  Sh'e the only Hannah on the show! She's a good dancer but all the underlying stuff with Alan (who faked a relationship with his last partner for ratings) is annoying.  

James is a great dancer.  He has great lines & really gets the character of the dances but there is just something that skeeves me out about him.  Maybe it's the hair style?  I just get a vibe.

Sidenote: Everyone danced to a song from their "favorite" movie, surprising!  All the extra dancers in the routines were distracting (Hello Peta in every one front & center).  Len was super cranky the last 2 weeks!  I wouldn't mind mixing up the judges going forward.  They all annoy me in their own way & usually I FF through the comments until the last few episodes.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I was hoping Disney would have used Claire and H's cover of Beauty And The Beast in the updated movie. 

I didnt mind who was singing Beauty and the Beast but whoever was singing Aladdin "Whole New World" sounded awful.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, kazza said:

To clarify my point, Disney itself has quite a diverse set of Princesses (equal opportunity $!); it was Bruno's completely innocuous comment that there was A perfect princess (I.e. blonde, blue eyed) that caught my attention. 

But I do get your sentiment. It's a well-oiled engine. 

Val actually looked annoyed when Bruno made that comment too. Val gets on my nerves at times but he has been very vocal about diversity issues and things of that relation so im sure he didnt like that comment.

• Love 1

Ally/Sasha-I don't think this song was a good choice to do a contemporary dance to, and she was jerky in her movements. I don't understand the tongue bath she got from the judges on this one, and it definitely didn't deserve 9s. 

As soon as they announced Ally was doing a a contemporary routine, I said to my mom that this routine will get the first 9s of the season, which of course, it did. And I agree, the song choice didn't fit the choreography. Their movements were way too fast and sharp for the song. 

I love contemporary dancing. It's part of why I watch So You Think You Can Dance. But considering the whole theme of this DWtS season is "back to ballroom," I don't think they should have contemporary as a category at all.

• Love 3

Something feels off to me, from the constant booing, to Tom making a joke of everything. I love Tom, but I really want to hear what the judges say. I don't need all the back chat from the contestants. Maybe I'll just mute everyone after they have danced.

I love Tom too but I don't like that he is getting on Len almost every time it's Len's time to talk this season. It seems to rattle Len so much that he either lashes out at the contestant or he just says one sentence and we don't hear his critique. Even though he's by far the most critical when he does speak, I still want to hear what he originally intended to say.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I thought Daniella toured with Derek earlier this year?

Yes, but she didn't really know him until she and Pasha were on WOD.  They were in the same orbit but I don't know that they officially met until WOD.  Then she got his tour.  I meant more that like she didn't grow up knowing Derek despite having a relationship with Shirley.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Val actually looked annoyed when Bruno made that comment too. Val gets on my nerves at times but he has been very vocal about diversity issues and things of that relation so im sure he didnt like that comment.

Eh.  Val has only been very vocal on a surface level about diversity issues.  Val doesn't understand anything deeper than that.  Val is the "I don't see race" and "we all bleed red" type when that isn't it either.  This is the same man who got sued for retweeting a meme of an overnight weight little girl drinking a soda and saying something about it being child abuse.  Nevermind that he posted a picture of a little girl on his feed to shame her for all of his followers.  Also the girl had Downs Syndrome I believe, which I believe can often lead to children being overweight more easily.  So no, I think Val has been vocal but very often in the wrong direction.

• Love 1
Just now, spanana said:

Eh.  Val has only been very vocal on a surface level about diversity issues.  Val doesn't understand anything deeper than that.  Val is the "I don't see race" and "we all bleed red" type when that isn't it either.  This is the same man who got sued for retweeting a meme of an overnight weight little girl drinking a soda and saying something about it being child abuse.  Nevermind that he posted a picture of a little girl on his feed to shame her for all of his followers.  Also the girl had Downs Syndrome I believe, which I believe can often lead to children being overweight more easily.  So no, I think Val has been vocal but very often in the wrong direction.

I agree that Val can be ignorant as hell when it comes to social issues. That whole Jussie Smollet thing, omg he should have never commented but I do think his heart be in the right place but just needs to be educated some more. I do think he is socially aware about some things as he talks about what Maks and him went through when they moved here from Russia and was bullied for being immigrants and dancers, so I think he has an idea but sometimes just come off very ignorant.

33 minutes ago, Jsage said:

I love Tom too but I don't like that he is getting on Len almost every time it's Len's time to talk this season. It seems to rattle Len so much that he either lashes out at the contestant or he just says one sentence and we don't hear his critique. Even though he's by far the most critical when he does speak, I still want to hear what he originally intended to say.

Tom has been on one this season. I mean from him being very vocal about Spicer and just interrupting Len all the time, it just seems kinda offputting but I dont care about him going after Spicer because im not for trying to humanize a devil. Devils cant be humanize so dwts need to stop madness.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

I think both Tom and Erin are being coached by the producers to get on Len. Erin is also on him for every single critique he gives.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I agree that Val can be ignorant as hell when it comes to social issues. That whole Jussie Smollet thing, omg he should have never commented but I do think his heart be in the right place but just needs to be educated some more. I do think he is socially aware about some things as he talks about what Maks and him went through when they moved here from Russia and was bullied for being immigrants and dancers, so I think he has an idea but sometimes just come off very ignorant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after a few weeks of Tamar getting an edit of being a difficult contestant/partner, Val was very vocal that he was not having that at all with producers. Now, granted, that could be very self-serving since she was his partner and he wanted to go to the finale. However, I think that if Tamar was actually as bad as the show was making her out to be, he wouldn't have stuck up for her. Val's always been pretty transparent when he could take or leave a partner (Elizabeth Berkley for example).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

I totally agree.  The problem has been Tom, not Len.  If he wouldn't interrupt he could get his full thought out and it would sound as he intended...not as a huge criticism, etc.  But he gets frustrated, as many of us would, when he gets interrupted and then the contestant doesn't get to hear what he actually had to say.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, carrin817 said:

James is a great dancer.  He has great lines & really gets the character of the dances but there is just something that skeeves me out about him.  Maybe it's the hair style?  I just get a vibe.

It is the hair.  The very first episode I was thinking, he needs a new hairstyle.  Every subsequent episode, I am distracted by it.

For me the problem with Disney Night is that every single season Disney Night looks exactly the same.  No creativity, no originality.

• Love 5
On 10/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, katha said:

Had to laugh that he threw in Quickstep and Polka, since he's more familiar with that. Song/movie suited Kate. And it would have been better as a Quickstep or Polka.

Polka! Now that's a dance I'd love to see thrown into the competition! lol

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

And did you notice last night that almost every single celeb got music from "my favorite Disney movie"? LOL

I grew up on Disney and have been to Disney World so many times I can't even count, but if you asked me for my favorite movie, I could not tell you. They are all sorta' the same.

• Love 5

Is anyone else just not into this season? I feel like I'm not connecting with this cast, and I'm not a fan of the new elimination format.

With each passing season there are fewer and fewer couples I care about. I like Kate, and James, and Karamo (although he's not good). And . . . that's it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

With each passing season there are fewer and fewer couples I care about. I like Kate, and James, and Karamo (although he's not good). And . . . that's it.

Hell, there are fewer and fewer people I even recognize!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, PTVjones said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after a few weeks of Tamar getting an edit of being a difficult contestant/partner, Val was very vocal that he was not having that at all with producers. Now, granted, that could be very self-serving since she was his partner and he wanted to go to the finale. However, I think that if Tamar was actually as bad as the show was making her out to be, he wouldn't have stuck up for her. Val's always been pretty transparent when he could take or leave a partner (Elizabeth Berkley for example).

If I remember correctly Tamar was very vocal about how the producers treated her. She had some very negative things to say about the edits and everything. Tamar season was difficult to watch because of how she was getting racists attacking her and that is what really triggered Val to takeup for her.

• Love 4

We need a really good, super impressive routine from someone next week. Seriously. The show suffers when it’s a lot of mediocrity. Ringers are fun to watch and inspire lots of conflicts and debate: it’s fun to argue against them or cheer for them. I loved James initially but have been disappointed since. He’s fine. I like his dances, I like Kate’s, some of Kel’s and Hannah’s and Ally’s, but there are few that I go back and watch again. Jordan Fisher was a super ringer a season or two ago, but man, did he create some great dances that were fun to watch, and that’s why I tune in for DWTS. I want to be entertained by the danceS, the celeb, the backstory and journey. But so far this season is kinda meh. I hope some celeb can just WOW us next week; otherwise, the I imagine the ratings are probably slowly declining. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And from my understanding, I'm pretty sure they wanted Sarah but settled for Bristol. Sailor is not controversial. 

And for the record, I'm not saying I completely believe Wendy Williams' theory but it doesn't sound entirely out of the realm of possibility, IMO. 

Just curious...how is Bristol controversial? Because she had a baby out-of-wedlock?? I see nothing to that effect about her. In fact, I think she's completely boring.

WW is a piece of work. While her theory sounds plausible, I don't know that a mother would go so far as to break her wrist/forearm in several places, requiring immediate surgery that entailed internal hardware to keep it together.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sd601 said:

We need a really good, super impressive routine from someone next week. Seriously. The show suffers when it’s a lot of mediocrity. Ringers are fun to watch and inspire lots of conflicts and debate: it’s fun to argue against them or cheer for them. I loved James initially but have been disappointed since. He’s fine. I like his dances, I like Kate’s, some of Kel’s and Hannah’s and Ally’s, but there are few that I go back and watch again. Jordan Fisher was a super ringer a season or two ago, but man, did he create some great dances that were fun to watch, and that’s why I tune in for DWTS. I want to be entertained by the danceS, the celeb, the backstory and journey. But so far this season is kinda meh. I hope some celeb can just WOW us next week; otherwise, the I imagine the ratings are probably slowly declining. 

The only Wow performance of the season has been Kel's Jazz. That Jazz was everything and more.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

WW is a piece of work. While her theory sounds plausible, I don't know that a mother would go so far as to break her wrist/forearm in several places, requiring immediate surgery that entailed internal hardware to keep it together.

I don't think she broke her wrist on purpose but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she signed up for the show with every intention of pulling out for some other reason at the last minute so that Sailor could step in. Christie is a stage mom who clearly wants Sailor to follow in her footsteps the way Alexa has followed in Billy Joel's, and what better exposure for the less well-known daughter than being on DWTS?

• Love 5

I like Pasha, but Kate really does nothing for me. Her dance was a hot mess. Ally, Lauren, and Sailor are pretty meh. They don't dance badly, but they aren't great, either. I'd say Lauren is the one with the most potential, but unfortunately she got stuck with a partner who loves himself more than her.

The only ones that interest me are James, Hannah, Kel and Karamo. Although Karamo isn't as good as the others, he can perform. But like Lauren, he got stuck with a crappy teacher (although I do like Jenna's choreography, she needs to dumb it down for Karamo.) She needs to realize she isn't dancing with Adam Rippon anymore.

Yeah, they really need to go back to getting a couple of ringers. I realize a lot of people don't like them, but they keep it exciting.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

Just curious...how is Bristol controversial? Because she had a baby out-of-wedlock?? I see nothing to that effect about her. In fact, I think she's completely boring.

Bristol is boring but she's controversial for being a hypocrite, not for having a baby out of wedlock.  Because she was out there being paid to preach abstinence and collecting big money checks for speaking engagements all while not following what she herself preached.  Which again, fine.  Nothing wrong with making some mistakes but you can't be out there preaching one thing and then doing another and it happened more than once.  She also if I remember correctly was just controversial for going on the attack against people and things she said about others (not on DWTS).  Plus she had done reality shows (was the Palins show before or after?) and so her life was pretty out there for judgment and scrutiny in a way that Sailor's has not.  I'd argue most people barely knew of Sailor's existence before this show.

On a separate note, Kristyn Burtt posted an interview with Zach Woodlee who did the opening number at Disney and his general impressions since outside of Alan, who knew none of the dancers ahead of time.  For reference, I think Zach did Grease Live a few years back.

Zach Woodlee

As referenced earlier in this thread, with Mandy not around, it's nice to see some other dancers getting a shine instead of the same few being teachers pets.  Here he gave shoutouts to both Emma and Cheryl.  Emma for actually coming up with the idea to make the choreographer harder when he was trying to go easy on them and Cheryl for both helping out and giving the non ballroomer extra dancers tips, but also having to dance in heels over train tracks.  Something about how they couldn't cover the tracks up so she had to dance in a very little space between them in heels and was a total rockstar.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I don't think she broke her wrist on purpose but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she signed up for the show with every intention of pulling out for some other reason at the last minute so that Sailor could step in. Christie is a stage mom who clearly wants Sailor to follow in her footsteps the way Alexa has followed in Billy Joel's, and what better exposure for the less well-known daughter than being on DWTS?

I don too much follow those blind items but it was blind item that came out way back that Christie over exaggerated her injury to push her daughter to limelight.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, scenicbyway said:

Me too.  Watching last night only cemented it for me that this cast is not exciting and that the best dancers would in no way be the best dancers in past seasons.  The show seems to be working hard to down play the popularity of the dancers themselves.  The only refer to them by their first names now.  Spicer will never end up in the bottom 2 so unless they change the rules again, he'll make it to the final.  I can't imagine they'll let the judges actually choose the winner.  

I found Disney night to be a disappointment and more than anything just a commercial for movies they've either got coming out or going to streaming.  I know the dancers worked over night for 2 nights a Disneyland, but I didn't find the opening all that worth missing 2 nights of sleep for them.

None of the dancers seem to have chemistry with their partners.  There's no behind the scenes stories beyond Christie's arm.  Boring.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. I miss the days when the rehearsal clips were the best part of the show and when unexpected pairings had really entertaining rehearsals. (Tristan and Nancy Grace is still one of my most memorable pairings, I could have watched an entire hour of those two bickering and making up in rehearsals). 

It seems like the rehearsal packages are shorter and we're not getting much of the conflict that usually arises from 2 people spending so much time together. I'd be more than willing to sacrifice some Erin Andrews "interview" time in favor of more candid footage. I'm never going to get to know any of the stars through the nonsense questions that she asks, but seeing them frustrated and exhausted usually gives a good insight into their real personalities.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I'm not a big Christie B. fan, but I don't think it's that surprising that she got injured and her daughter took over for her. It's happened before on this show. Didn't Master P take his son's place? It also seems that Jewel got injured, and her husband (sorry, forgot his name) took her place.

I'm really surprised that they didn't just ask both Christie and Sailor and push one of their dumb "rivalry" storylines.

• Love 2