Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Twirly Flippy Men and a Dirty Bird

Harvey

Gus is everything ❤️ I loved him laying on the couch and Bonnie pushing him over with her butt, lol. I also liked how she curled her leg so he wouldn't fall off. I loved it so much, I re-watched it three times, lol. 

Marjorie's speech at the AA meeting was well done. And, I like that Wendy is asserting her dominance by letting everyone know she doesn't appreciate them cutting her off like she's not even there. All in all, a good episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I know I'm not supposed to think about Roscoe but seriously, before I could fanwank that Bonnie stayed with Adam or upstairs and Adam stayed at his place when Roscoe was visiting but now... poor kid doesn't even have a couch.   

• Love 4

Good episode. I wonder if Wendy will keep up this attitude. Loved Tammy's enthusiasm for foosball and Jill's declaration that marriage is all about dominance.

It was also a good episode for Christy who stood her own while trying to help Chef Rudy - definitely not an easy task.

And I was wondering if that fish story was true or just Adam showing a deft hand in dealing with his wife - you could see her deflate while he was talking. (I guess Adam is above emotional manipulation but I liked the idea of Bonnie getting served some of her own tricks.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I was wondering if they would get into the extreme feelings that a lot of people in AA and NA have about courts forcing people to attend, even though they don't want to be there.

From what I've seen, some people in those groups feel that it does little to no good for someone to attend a meeting of a 12-step group against their will. And they feel very strongly that the presence of such people significantly damages the atmosphere at the meetings. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

it does little to no good for someone to attend a meeting of a 12-step group against their will

I'd agree with that. My son got a sentence of 90 days, 90 meetings a few years back for public intoxication (I think), which was a PITA for all of us as he doesn't drive (better for the world, actually). He still drinks too much, but has never set foot in another meeting. Fortunately, he's stayed out of legal trouble. 

I too was hoping for a bit of Rudy/Tammy "haven't I seen you somewhere before" fun.

• Love 7

Might be a weird question, but this is something I have been thinking about for years.

Does someone know what is this food that they are eating in the bistro? They order it so often, but by the looks of it, it's just cottage cheese served in a plate of cabbage. Which would be just weird. Do you simply leave the cabbage after you are finished with the cottage cheese? (which is not even delicious on it's own). Anyone has any ideas?

eyJfg9hl.png

53nqHbUl.png

4V0KjSVl.png

6LkCkEMl.png

24 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Might be a weird question, but this is something I have been thinking about for years.

Does someone know what is this food that they are eating in the bistro? They order it so often, but by the looks of it, it's just cottage cheese served in a plate of cabbage. Which would be just weird. Do you simply leave the cabbage after you are finished with the cottage cheese? (which is not even delicious on it's own). Anyone has any ideas?

eyJfg9hl.png

53nqHbUl.png

4V0KjSVl.png

6LkCkEMl.png

Given what is out there on the internet, this is isn't that strange a question. Maybe it's a little strange for this board, but I'll try to answer it, especially since you went to the all trouble of creating/searching for screen shots and circling the food. My guess is that it's  not cabbage, but some other kind of the vegetable. 

• Love 1

I thought it was lettuce and radicchio with croutons. Ever since I saw Kunal Nayar (Raj from the Big Bang Theory) talk about the art of eating without eating while filming I keep focusing on that and not so much on the food itself LOL!

• Useful 1

I think it might be chicken salad but I'm probably wrong.

Adam being able to bring some of his stuff into the house seemed like something they should have discussed back whenever they decided to both live at Bonnie's. And it should be a two way street. Bonnie doesn't get to unilaterally decide what comes in or doesn't but neither does Adam. Hence, everything - especially the giant fish trophy - should have been agreed upon by both first.

It's so weird how it seems like they just dropped the whole restaurant thing and then suddenly it pops back up like it's been there all along. How does Christy manage to go to school, work for a law firm and waitress at the same time?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I guess Adam is above emotional manipulation

I don't think so at all. He lets Marjorie do it for him most of the time. If that doesn't work, he gives it as good as he gets it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I too was hoping for a bit of Rudy/Tammy "haven't I seen you somewhere before" fun.

"If I'd ever had a brother, I think he would have looked like you."

6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Hence, everything - especially the giant fish trophy - should have been agreed upon by both first.

How did Adam get that thing up on the wall without help?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I thought it was lettuce and radicchio with croutons. Ever since I saw Kunal Nayar (Raj from the Big Bang Theory) talk about the art of eating without eating while filming I keep focusing on that and not so much on the food itself LOL!

Ever since I was informed about that, it ruined eating scenes in Tv for me  🤣

From what I have seen, only Insatiable and Sex and the City break the rule.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The way they are writing it I have zero idea why Wendy hangs out with the rest of the ladies.  They treat her like shit and it’s really not funny at this point.

• Love 10

A pretty solid episode.  I also had a half second of "wait, so Christy is still working at the restaurant too?" and then decided to just go with it.  Guessing it's probably a part-time thing she still does on the side.  I like Chef Rudy in all his skeevy dysfunctional glory, so I'm always happy when he pops back up.  He and Jill sniping at each other in the car were great.  Other than Christy's big speech in the car, the show seemed pretty noncommittal on how anyone actually felt about having Rudy sentenced to do what they're doing regularly anyway. Still, "You ruined drinking for me!"  Hee.

I know Bonnie and Adam impulsively eloped on a dare but they were engaged and for all practical purposes living together for a fairly long time, so it feels like some of the particulars of their living arrangements should have come up before now.  Adam generally has a pretty good handle on who Bonnie is and is fairly adapt at rolling with it, but every once in awhile I do end up wanting to ask him just how he saw all this going long term.   The giant fish was stuck in storage where he had forgotten about it, but it's so important that it has to go in a place of prominence over the bed?  I don't know if there was any truth to his story or whether he was just trying to guilt her after their earlier fight, but it felt very much like the kind of thing you'd do to "establish dominance" as Jill said. 

We get confirmation that Bonnie needs to continue living in the apartment as part of her job though. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

A pretty solid episode.  I also had a half second of "wait, so Christy is still working at the restaurant too?" and then decided to just go with it.  Guessing it's probably a part-time thing she still does on the side. 

In the episode where the new manager tried to get Christy fired and she refused it, Christy mentioned that since she has been working at the Rustic Fig for 10+  years, she has seniority over most waiters therefore she can bully them into being okay with her making her own hours. So it makes sense she would go in when her other commitments allow her to.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Gus is everything ❤️ I loved him laying on the couch and Bonnie pushing him over with her butt, lol. I also liked how she curled her leg so he wouldn't fall off. I loved it so much, I re-watched it three times, lol. 

Marjorie's speech at the AA meeting was well done. And, I like that Wendy is asserting her dominance by letting everyone know she doesn't appreciate them cutting her off like she's not even there. All in all, a good episode. 

I watched the dog scene a couple of times too.  I have a toy poodle, all of 10 lbs but he can sprawl himself out and take up more room than you'd think on the bed.  And I surely have learned the meaning of the phrase, let sleeping dogs lie.  After 8 PM, he's not budging 😀 

I was impressed that Gus did not let out a quiet growl while she was pushing him over.  Good dog!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnaCody said:

I watched the dog scene a couple of times too.  I have a toy poodle, all of 10 lbs but he can sprawl himself out and take up more room than you'd think on the bed.  And I surely have learned the meaning of the phrase, let sleeping dogs lie.  After 8 PM, he's not budging 😀 

I was impressed that Gus did not let out a quiet growl while she was pushing him over.  Good dog!!

Ha! I had a chihuahua. 5 pounds of bed hog. I'd wake up at the edge and he'd be nice and comfy right in the middle. (I could move him, at least...but I always felt bad about it.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't understand why they have not had a French Stewart/Krisitin Johnson scene.  Do they two not like each other?  Other tv shows do fun little reunions like this. American Housewife did it for The Drew Carey show, Cougartown did it for Scrubs.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I don't understand why they have not had a French Stewart/Krisitin Johnson scene.  Do they two not like each other?  Other tv shows do fun little reunions like this. American Housewife did it for The Drew Carey show, Cougartown did it for Scrubs.  

I thought exactly the same. Not only were they not in any scenes together they were never in the same frame at the same time. They were both at the meeting, but they showed them separately. I was really looking forward to this episode to see them interact but now I wonder if they even filmed their scenes at the same time.

• Love 2
On 10/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, jewel21 said:

I'm a little worried about Gus! I have a Golden and he's chill, but I've never seen one as chill as Gus. It makes me wonder if they're sedating him or something. Maybe they've just trained him to the point where all of his natural social skills are sucked out of him, because Goldens are super-social.

There's no way Christy would be going to law school full time, and working crazy hours at a firm where everyone needs Adderall to deal with their workload, and also choosing to wait tables at a restaurant on the side. It doesn't work that way.

I understand them keeping the restaurant in the picture as a way to keep French Stewart in the cast, but that doesn't mean it makes any real-world sense.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Blakeston said:

There's no way Christy would be going to law school full time, and working crazy hours at a firm where everyone needs Adderall to deal with their workload, and also choosing to wait tables at a restaurant on the side. It doesn't work that way.

I understand them keeping the restaurant in the picture as a way to keep French Stewart in the cast, but that doesn't mean it makes any real-world sense.

Now that you mention it, wasn't she working at Adam's bar part-time as well?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Blakeston said:

The law firm is a summer internship. She won't be doing it when she is attending classes.

• Love 5
On 10/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, Jillybean said:

I'm a little worried about Gus! I have a Golden and he's chill, but I've never seen one as chill as Gus. It makes me wonder if they're sedating him or something.

I always wonder the same thing about Marjorie's cats.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:54 AM, Blakeston said:

I was wondering if they would get into the extreme feelings that a lot of people in AA and NA have about courts forcing people to attend, even though they don't want to be there.

From what I've seen, some people in those groups feel that it does little to no good for someone to attend a meeting of a 12-step group against their will. And they feel very strongly that the presence of such people significantly damages the atmosphere at the meetings. 

My husband left a group becuase there were a ton of mandated people there who would show up drunk, be disruptive, be rude, etc.  The unofficial nickname for the group was "Convicts 'R Us".  It's still like that, per people he knows who still attend because the time works best.

21 hours ago, eel21788 said:

The law firm is a summer internship. She won't be doing it when she is attending classes.

20 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think she only worked at Adam's bar as a substitute that one time, and she didn't last even one shift.

Yes.  Perhaps she only works at the restaurant on weekends, or just picks up an occasional shift when they need her.  I had a co-worker who only worked parties and banquets at a restaurant she had worked for prior (they would ask her to come in because she knew what she was doing), and someone who works at my bank also works at a local restaurant for breakfast and lunch shifts on the weekend for a few extra bucks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, eel21788 said:

So in the episode with her crazy boss and the dispensary, it was still supposed to be summer, and now it's over and she's back in class? If that's what they're going for, they did a poor job conveying the timeline.

• Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 8:27 PM, bybrandy said:

I know I'm not supposed to think about Roscoe but seriously, before I could fanwank that Bonnie stayed with Adam or upstairs and Adam stayed at his place when Roscoe was visiting but now... poor kid doesn't even have a couch.   

He still has the closet that was his original room when they moved into the apartment. 

I think I understand why he would choose to live with his dad. 

nd it should be a two way street. Bonnie doesn't get to unilaterally decide what comes in or doesn't but neither does Adam.

But she did get the fancy little coffee cups, and what goes in them.

As for Christy, she's always had more than 24 hours in her days: when she was taking care of Roscoe, AND going to school, AND working at the restaurant, and "helping out" at the lawyer's office. I ascribe some of her behavior to her being permanently sleep-deprived.

For that matter, she went from getting a GED to a bachelor's to law school in a lot less time than it would actually have taken (I think, counting on my fingers.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kwnyc said:

For that matter, she went from getting a GED to a bachelor's to law school in a lot less time than it would actually have taken (I think, counting on my fingers.)

She went to college for 4 years to get her BA. She is about to enter her 2nd year of law school. They haven't told us if she is going to law school by day (3 years) or at night (4 years), so it is hard to know when we should expect her to graduate.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

She went to college for 4 years to get her BA. She is about to enter her 2nd year of law school. They haven't told us if she is going to law school by day (3 years) or at night (4 years), so it is hard to know when we should expect her to graduate.

She got her BA in 3 years. She decides to get her GED in the 10th episode of season 2. The earliest she could have started college was the start of season 3 and she graduated in the season 5 finale. 

Edited by Guest
On 10/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, Dani said:

She got her BA in 3 years. She decides to get her GED in the 10th episode of season 2. The earliest she could have started college was the start of season 3 and she graduated in the season 5 finale. 

Thanks for the clarification...though getting a BA in 3 years while working full-time and being even a part-time mom supports my theory that Christi is sleep-deprived ALL THE TIME.

28 minutes ago, Agent 817 said:

Good news, everyone! It turns out next week's episode will have the 3rd Rock reunion we've all been waiting for. Chef Rudy will return and the plot has something to do with him and Tammy. Can't wait!

Bonus points for the  Futurama reference, but I’m desperately trying to remember if there’s any crossover between the casts. There’s gotta be, statistically, right?

Nonetheless, I’m in for a 3rd rock reunion. Can we hope for anyone else? John Lithgow has been popping up in a lot of things lately. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Bonus points for the  Futurama reference, but I’m desperately trying to remember if there’s any crossover between the casts. There’s gotta be, statistically, right?

Nonetheless, I’m in for a 3rd rock reunion. Can we hope for anyone else? John Lithgow has been popping up in a lot of things lately. 

Now that I think about it, there was one episode where it's blink-and-you'll-miss and you would see the guy who played Dharma's father from Dharma & Greg in an episode of Mom. I don't think he had lines, but it was him. If only he was in a scene with Marjorie, as she played Dharma's mother. Or maybe Jenna Elfman could appear in an episode. 

I could also imagine for Jill if any fellow My Name is Earl cast members would appear, like Jason Lee, Ethan Suplee, or Eddie Steeples. There is that one show that is on TBS that is done by the same guy who did My Name is Earl and Raising Hope, and Jaime Pressly has appeared on it.